Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (20704 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by activities: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2012
I want to find out if this "hatred" between Igbos and Yorubas is real or only exist in Nairaland website.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by LogicMind: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
Yes, I have an incomprehensible hatred for the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
Yes!.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
No of course wink

Logic Mind:

NINETOFIVE:

Yes!.
grin grin grin ;Dbros that only exist in ur heads. wink wink wink

too much NL is not good for u both wink grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
alj harem:

No of course wink
grin grin grin ;Dbros that only exist in your heads. wink wink wink

too much NL is not good for u both wink grin grin

Now you do agree that there is something wrong with this forum? good on you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by joeyfire(m): 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
Some hate each other but the majority dont
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by unipol(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
don't ask. go and read the Nigerian history, especially the civil war. you will find out why a sensible igbo man will never trust a Yoruba man. you will found out the real meaning of 2face and 2tongue. you will ask what happened to millions of igbo children effected by kworshiokor. what happened to the biafran money and economy.what happened to the igbo women, children and non-combatant men. and you will join other intelligent people to ask. will God ever forgive those bastards? will awolowo have peace in the land of the deads. a fake man is no man's friend.
BE WARNED, BE VI GILLANT, DON'T FALL ANOTHER VICTIM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2012
I don't and most people do not.
the only ones you see are the internet tribalists and Ignorant diasporans whose contact with their heritage came from a page of wikipedia on the civil war.
And nairaland unfortunately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

You will never be able to act on this hate, even though it's eating you from inside. Who is suffering? Yorubas or you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by alexleo(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
I dont hate the yorubas and mind u that those who hate their fellow human cannot make heaven. All these nonsense tribal war u people are doing here is recorded by God and he will surely bring it out on the judgemnet throne when you leave this world and of course the end result for you is eternal torment in hell fire. Except you repent. The bible says that whosoever hates his brother(fellow human being) is a muderer. No human being should hate his or her fellow human being. Pls be warned. God is not a respecter of persons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by CyberG: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
^ So true bro! I wish everyone can listen to the message! Alas! This is an evil and adulterous generation! sad
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
The word hate is relative. You could hate one's deeds and not their being.

But I have come to understand that certain people only understand a particular kind of language cool.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by CyberG: 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
^ Are you an atheist cos most of them are very good people and believe in doing "good deeds" at least. However, if you claim to believe in God, it is time you got on your knees and ask for forgiveness for all the hate you have written about and harbor in your heart. Do you know what God says should be done to someone that "makes any of the little ones to sin"? Pls repent and this message goes to all of NL including myself!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by jason123: 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2012
@OP
They don't hate eachother, all you see on NL is gra-gra!
If they did, Lagos would have been hell.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
No, Why would yorubas hate igbo? 4 wut?

Yorubas dont hate anyone actually. To your Average yorubaman- Igbo,efik,Ijaw, etc (ALL non yorubas and non yoruba related ethnic groups) are basically the same, which is why we don't really differentiate. Cause we dont care

Has nothing to do with Civil war or anything- Majority of yorubas under the age of 50 dont even acknowledge there was a war unless they are interested in History- I KNOW in my family no one even thinks about Civil war- I didnt even know sht about what biafra was until this ibo girl was ranting their normal "Yoruba this n that".

So that being said to me igbo are funny people always talking about "Yoruba Fulani or hausa this n that", "Civil war this n that" "Biafra this n that" - LOL funny people sef

6 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2012
As you can see there is ALWAYS more igbos "trolling" for tribal arguments. on ALL nigerian websites.

if you see a tribalistic comment on any website about yoruba fulani hausa 7/10 times its an igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by jason123: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2012
sbeezy8:

No, Why would yorubas hate igbo? 4 wut?

Yorubas dont hate anyone actually. To your Average yorubaman- Igbo,efik,Ijaw, etc (ALL non yorubas and non yoruba related ethnic groups) are basically the same, which is why we don't really differentiate. Cause we dont care

Has nothing to do with Civil war or anything- Majority of yorubas under the age of 50 dont even acknowledge there was a war unless they are interested in History- I KNOW in my family no one even thinks about Civil war- I didnt even know sht about what biafra was until this ibo girl was ranting their normal "Yoruba this n that".

So that being said to me igbo are funny people always talking about "Yoruba Fulani or hausa this n that", "Civil war this n that" "Biafra this n that" - LOL funny people sef

I have to agree . . . .
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by seenoevil1: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
Do Igbos hate yorubas ?? haba for what now ,Igbos just like everyother tribe in Nigeria  don't hate anyone , the only thing is that when you are done talking to a yoruba person PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your own good WATCH your back while walking away or else this would be your fate

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Chyz2: 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
People who don't exist to the Igbo. Do any igbo man bother themselves with those people? plsss undecided
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
see*noevil:

Do Igbos hate yorubas ?? haba for what now ,Igbos just like everyother tribe in Nigeria  don't hate anyone , the only thing is that when you are done talking to a yoruba person PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your own good WATCH your back while walking away or else this would be your fate

see thats the thing- your Average yoruba watches his back around Anyone. Igbo Hausa bini ijaw etc even other Yorubas themselves Why would I trust a yoruba because he belongs to my ethnic group? LOL RIDICULOUS

thats Human Nature- So why point out yorubas?

It just shows that igbo care way too much about "yoruba this n that" Aside from funny things n jokes, MAJOITY of yoruba dont have any prejudice against igbo in particular that they dont have towards ANY NON YORUBAS.

meaning igbo are treated no better/worse than Ijaw efik Hausas Tiv etc- to yorubas all of you are the same. LOL
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
Sbeeys8,

dude you are wasting ur time, your answer is clear from the first 2 post. Any website, they have already spam it from vanguard to you name it

Right now, I read their comments and laugh about it grin grin grin grin as always

Only that attime I am want to be a naught man and try to rebuke some of their lies and then the curse starts grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
alj harem:

Sbeeys8,

dude you are wasting your time, your answer is clear from the first 2 post. Any website, they have already spam it from vanguard to you name it

Right now, I read their comments and laugh about it grin grin grin grin as always

Only that attime I am want to be a naught man and try to rebuke some of their lies and then the curse starts grin grin grin grin

LOL  grin I think its funny as shet.  even the coments on this page Are Majority igbo, NL yoruba posters saw it but Majority aside from Me chose to IGNORE IT. I just wanted to drop my two cents in.  cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nchara: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
Igbos don't hate Yorubas, but many Yorubas hate/resent/dislike/loath (take your pick) Igbos. And such hate-filled ones have shown it in so many ways

Please get for me one single comment made in real life from a notable Igbo about the Yoruba

Here I will give you examples of comments made by notable Yorubas about the Igbo.

Then you decide who hates who

1. ''Igbos should leave politics and face trading, what they know how best to do''----------  Adesanya's daughter when she was a minister sometime between 1999 and 2007
2. ''Igbos will be wiped out''----------  A notable Yoruba lawyer working for ACN recently (2011) made this comment. He has apologized however. This was here on nairaland. Can anyone remember?
3. ''I dealt with your ragtag Biafra army, I will deal wit you again''---------Oluwole Rotimi former ambassador to US to Ojo Maduekwe (2009), then minister of foreign affairs.
4. ''I will kill anything walking in Igbo land''-------------Adekunle during the Biafra war
5. ''Starvation is a weapon of war and we used it on the Igbos''-------------Awolowo
6. ''The Igbos wanted your oil''--------- Obasanjo  a few years back in Bayelsa when he went to either campaign or as a sitting president. Now we know how many Igbos licking the oil, compared to Hausa and Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nchara:

Igbos don't hate Yorubas, but Yorubas hate/resent/dislike/loath Igbos. And they have shown it in so many ways

Please get for me one single comment made in real life from a notable Igbo about the Yoruba

Here I will give you examples of comments made by notable Yorubas about the Igbo.

Then you decide who hates who

1. ''Igbos should leave politics and face trading, what they know how best to do''----------  Adesanya's daughter when she was a minister
2. ''Igbos will be wiped out''----------  A notable Yoruba lawyer working for ACN recently made this comment. He has apologized however. This was here on nairaland. Can anyone remember?
3. ''I dealt with your ragtag Biafra army, I will deal wit you again''---------Oluwole Rotimi former ambassador to US to Ojo Maduekwe, then minister of foreign affairs.
4. ''I will kill anything walking in Igbo land''-------------Adekunle during the Biafra war
5. ''Starvation is a weapon of war and we used it on the Igbos''-------------Awolowo
6. ''The Igbos wanted your oil''--------- Obasanjo  a few years back in Bayelsa when he went to either campaign or as a sitting president. Now we know how many Igbos licking the oil, compared to hausa and Yoruba.

that still has to do with Civil war. and that isnt resenting more like his opinion like I said Majority of Yoruba people under 50 have no clue what biafra was, is and their parents didnt care to tell them.

#truth.

no biggie

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by PointB: 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
see*noevil:

Funny cartoon. I couldn't stop laughing! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
hmmm lets see who posted on this thread- obviously the "tribe" who cares way too much about "trusting another ethnic group and what not"

1- Yoruba- Sbeezy cause im BORED

8- Ibo- ncahra, leo, point B, Chyz, Olodostein,Ninetofive, seenoevil, unipol

LOL as for me I think its funny. grin wink
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by sbeezy8: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2012
[size=14pt]POSTER OF THIS THREAD IS IGBO AS EXPECTED[/size]

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nchara: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
sbeezy8:

that still has to do with Civil war. and that isnt resenting more like his opinion like I said Majority of Yoruba people under 50 have no clue what biafra was, is and their parents didnt care to tell them.

#truth.

no biggie

My # 1 and 1 above had nothing to do with the war
And talking about the war, it is a stage in the life of the Igbo nation that cannot be wished away.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by dempeople(m): 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tpia5: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2012
Eni ba hate, o hate s'apo ara ti e

eni ba love or like, o like s'apo are e.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by nedu210(m): 12:28am On Jan 19, 2012
Go and read yoruba history, the one that said oduduwa came frm SKY, the one that said oduduwa came frm MECCA, the one that said oduduwa came frm IGBOLAND, the one that said oduduwa came frm EDO/BINI, in al this history books oduduwa betrayed every one that was mentioned,and close to him. That is why am sayin that oduduwa must hav answer to this ur question cos its a genetic problem, 21 century yorubas and igbos cant answer this. Remember its not only igbos, binis and ijebus hold this same opinion about the yorubas and also remember that the ijebus ar also yoruba, but they ar not descendant of oduduwa. U ppl should bring oduduwa toNL supreme court to answer to all this charges leveled agains him by historian.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 19, 2012
see*noevil:

ROFLMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If Obama Can Be Accused Of Dictatorship By Republicans; Buhari Should Ignore PDP / Oby Ezekwesili: "Police Detained Me & Arrested BBOG Members On Orders Of Buhari" / Miyetti Allah Seeks Inclusion Of Fulani In Amotekun: Afenifere, PANDEF Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.