Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election (6404 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Alaibe Makes Last-minute Move To Defect To PDP / INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal / How Jonathan’s Candidate Won Nigerian Bar Association's Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Ovularia: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2012
Abuja Judge Issues Late-Night Court Order Compelling INEC To Restore Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election
Posted: January 18, 2012 - 22:04

Seriake Dickson
By SaharaReporters, New York
An Abuja Federal High Court judge has granted a late-night  ex-parte order aimed at compelling the  Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) chair Prof Attahiru Jega to include the name of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Henry Seriake Dickson  as candidate in the upcoming governorship election.

Justice Olootu of the Federal High Court in Abuja gave the unusual order in chambers protected by soldiers and policemen deployed by the presidency.

The petition was heard and concluded in less than 15 minutes tonight between 9: 00 -9:15 PM. Mr. Dickson had secretly approached the court over his  exclusion   from the list of those who will contest the governorship poll next month in Bayelsa state.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/abuja-judge-issues-late-night-court-order-compelling-inec-restore-jonathans-candidate-baye
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by vedaxcool(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2012
All hail jonathan the man that use our collective wealth in bribing govt officials
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Kolababa: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2012
Na wa for Nigerian Judiciary or JudiBRIBERY
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by jamace(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2012
The judge and the guns grin grin Home video.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Immaf1(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2012
maradonic PDP grin
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by brainpulse: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2012
A show of shame and a plutocracy form of radical government. Is this a good example laid down to the coming young ones? I thought some one says the only reason the man is weak is that he takes alot of mary caine in the morning and always feel tired to perform anywork or think wisely during the day.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by swezenberg(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2012
This Jona guy is following the footsteps of Abacha.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by otokx(m): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2012
Is Jonathan the court that granted the ex parte motion?
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by dagboss(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2012
Another Jankara ex-parte order, nothing spoil. Barrister Dele Aturu is vindicated. Shior na today? Anyways we are waiting for the mother of all cabals at Bayelsa's governorship election
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by GWslim(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2012
This is what they do when it is matter relating to the rich and high class persons in Nigeria. They manipulate process to favour themselves, but this same process is devoid for the lowly and less privilege. Life is really unfair.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by brainpulse: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2012
There sufferings continues if leaders are forced on them. they will enjoyed the same govrnment that was given to them by jonatin when he was "govornor"
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Ournaija: 11:52am On Jan 19, 2012
Nothing is new anymore. No be the same PDP men that went to obtain a black market court order to stop Labour strike some days ago? Demon-Craze!
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2012
Although I have not seen the Court process, I smell "FISHY" BUSINESS at that hour. GOD deliver my dear Country.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by werepeLeri: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2012
vedaxcool:

All hail jonathan the man that use our collective wealth in bribing govt officials

Bring up your proof or shut up forever.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by gaddafe(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
This is why i laugh at people saying judiciary is the last hope of the common man. How  many common man can even afford a lawyer to start with. And the fact that people fail to realise that when we say govt is filled with corrupt officials the judiciary are not excluded. Just imagine the scenero above. If i am a common man how do u expect me to trust such a judge if he is presiding over my case.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by bujubarth: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
I don't want to believe this until i get my punch newspaper today, but if there is anything like this then GEJ is worse than Abacha.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by bujubarth: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
I don't want to believe this until i get my punch newspaper today, but if there is anything like this then GEJ is worse than Abacha.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by werepeLeri: 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
buju barth:

You have no brain. Is GEJ the judge?
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
Jonathan keeps making himself look stoopid and sheds off his own 'credibility' bit by bit like a snake shedding its skin. Mr. Man is excessively corrupt and its sickening - he needs to slow it down Ooo. Possible coups have since surrounded his ascension to presidency and while he's presently on 'seat'. I hope he won't end up inciting possible coup sha wiv his level of corruption.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by werepeLeri: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^ Another meaningless conclusion - what has GEJ got to do with the judgement of the court? He seems GEJ is the Judge from the way you guys are blaming GEJ for everything.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by jamace(m): 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
I think GEJ should also reinforce the EFCC with police and soldiers to arrest the oil cabals and corrupt officials for prosecution. This way, he will gain the confidence of the populace.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
People ! Think outside the box. There is PDP, ACN, CPC's candidate. When did Jonathan become a political party
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by bujubarth: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
I just want to believe you are not a Nigerian, but if you are, then I will conclude you are corrupt for asking whether GEJ is the judge or are you employed to defend his interest on this platform
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by bolayei: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
na wa o, so judge no de close work for the day for 9ja? with all said, all registered parties should be allowed their candidates and leave the rest to the people.
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by ijigbamigb(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
werepeLeri:

^^^ Another meaningless conclusion - what has GEJ got to do with the judgement of the court? He seems GEJ is the Judge from the way you guys are blaming GEJ for everything.
you are funny shaaa, why late last night? and why was the Court guided by soldiers and other security forces deployed by the President, or don't you know its only a Dictator that can facilitate such hasty Judgement, Jonathan is dragging us back to 13 years ago,
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by victorazy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
Jonathan don kill us oh!!!
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by buJu234: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
GEJ is the new king of the cabal (Nigerian mafia)
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by kokoA(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
GEJ again! shocked Dis guy don go ga-ga o. . You guys better watch the way you talk about him on naiaraland o, he is soon gona have to send secret agents to start arresting nairalanders o. . Seun na nunber 1 grin
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by kizito96(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
That is Nigerian Judiciary for you
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by jennyb2: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
i talk am!
Re: Late-night Court Order Restores Jonathan's Candidate In Bayelsa Guber Election by Enice(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
From most of the comments so far, i can clearly conclude that most of us are so ignorant and arrogant and would believe anything so long as what is said is against a perceived enemy. Whenever it suits us, we accept sahara reporters as benchmark for truth but when it does not, we call them junk. what is most suprising are those that are suppose to be learned, leading people astray instead of educating us. You can hate GEJ all you want, but to me, so far, he has been a leader. Leadership is not a popularity contest but the ability to take decisions for the greater good. People may not see it now due to their selfish interest but posterity will judge us all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Elite Buying Up London / Dispelling AIT Documentary and PDP Propaganda On Muhammed Buhari / Gov. Yari Re-elected In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.