Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! (9595 Views)

Register Your Cafe For Jamb Registration / ATTENTION SCHOOL Owners!!!(school Management System) / With This Free Browsing, Its Bye To Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 12:21am On Jan 19, 2012
Hello Guys,

I run a cyber cafe in Lagos and would have like minds in the cafe business to share useful hints on how to grow the business on this thread. Also feel free to post your problems I am sure there would be someone on the forum who can help, else I'll take the pains to get a solution and get back to you.

UTME 2012 Cafe registration;
Please can anyone tell me how to get the Neurotechnology license key required to activate the software?

Thanks.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Joe50(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2012
i also have d same jamb problem, but i'd given up since its closing next month. I live in zaria. No body want to reveal hw it works, dem wan chop alone.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by charlyeke: 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
The license will cost you only N10,000. If you want it call 08033300116.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by omachi1026(m): 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
Interested in the Topic;send details to oobidike@gmail.com
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
Guys lets share ideas, what are the biz u tink one can incorporate into his cafe to make it grow more; bulk sms sales, bulk recharge card, dv lottery et al. Creative minds pls; I have some concept Im willing to share, but would like to have some input from the house.
Thanks guys,
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 12:54am On Jan 24, 2012
Common Cafe owners; hows the business in your part of town? Which ISP gives best money-value ratio? Can we have a list of connections with your monthly subscription and how the connection holds up? Also, what do you guys have to say about night browsing? I have customers disturbing me to begin; but Im skeptical for security reasons, please what is your take on night browsing?

1 Like

Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Koolwilly(m): 3:06am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^You can run hotspot service in your cybercafe, i mean when customers bring laptop to cybercafe for use with both cable and wireless they buy ticket as you don't need to watch the time manually for them.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Koolwilly(m): 3:35am On Jan 24, 2012
neyyo:

Which ISP gives best money-value ratio? Can we have a list of connections with your monthly subscription and how the connection holds up?
I can help you deploy a 3G Back-haul solution and bandwidth manager that would effectively manage the download limit given by any 3G service provider in the country.

call more info
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2012
I wanted to create a thread for a similar topic but time won't let me in terms of update. Anyway For those that need system maintenance/repair or network troubleshooting or those that intend to set-up a cyber cafe contact me through my mail.

life_style32@yahoo.com

@ poster, did you set-up your cyber-cafe yourself or someone did ? and what timer are u using.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by NET1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
I'm learning quite a lot from you guys. I'm actually planning to start a cybercafe this March.

.NET
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
.NET:

I'm learning quite a lot from you guys. I'm actually planning to start a cybercafe this March.

.NET

ARe you doing the setup yourself ?
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by NET1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
I'm considering getting help. It appears you know (more than I do) about cybercafes.

.NET
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
.NET:

I'm considering getting help. It appears you know (more than I do) about cybercafes.

.NET

Yes, that's my job! cool
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by NET1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
ok. when I'm set, I'll surely let you know.

.NET
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
.NET:

ok. when I'm set, I'll surely let you know.

.NET

No prob.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
@life style yes I set up the cafe myself, with the help of my friend. I use easybrowing as my timer.

Please any hope with this UTME2012 registration wahala? I'm still searching for the Neurotechnology license key; the guy on this thread said 10k and he stays in Abuja, I cant trust a stranger with my 10k!

Anyone in the house who can help? I would give you 10k if you come set it up and it works. I pay after the service is delivered. Thank you.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by dagbo: 11:43am On Jan 29, 2012
weldone Guyz me self de operate Cafe 4 my Area me i need Good cafe software
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2012
neyyo:

@life style yes I set up the cafe myself, with the help of my friend. I use easybrowing as my timer.

Please any hope with this UTME2012 registration wahala? I'm still searching for the Neurotechnology license key; the guy on this thread said 10k and he stays in Abuja, I cant trust a stranger with my 10k!

Anyone in the house who can help? I would give you 10k if you come set it up and it works. I pay after the service is delivered. Thank you.

What's the name of the scanner you have ? Is it among the the approved scanners ? Is your cafe accredited by jamb ? Incase you don't have the supported list. The supported lists are :

Atmel FingerChip
AuthenTec AES2501B
AuthenTec AF-S2/AES4000
BioLink U-Match MatchBook v.3.5
BiometriKa HiScan
BiometriKa FX 2000 and FX 3000
Certis Image
Cross Match Verifier 300-USB
Dakty Fingerprint NAOS-A
Dermalog ZF1
Digent Izzix 1000
DigitalPersona U.are.U 2000
DigitalPersona U.are.U 4000
Fujitsu MBF200
Futronic Ethernet FAM
Futronic FS80, FS88, FS82
Green Bit DactyScan 26
Hongda S680
Identix DFR 2080, DFR 2090 and DFR 2100
LighTuning LTT-C500
Lumidigm Venus Series sensor
NITGEN eNBioScan-F
NITGEN Fingkey Hamster and Fingkey
Hamster II
SecuGen Hamster Plus
SecuGen Hamster III
SecuGen Hamster IVk
Startek FM200
Tacoma CMOS
Testech Bio-i
TST Biometrics BiRD 3
UPEK TouchChip TCRU1C and TCRU2C
ZKSoftware ZK6000
Zvetco P4000
Zvetco P5000

And as for the activation of your software, have you try any free sdk ? or why don't you get the trial software to use for the main time but with some limitations i guess.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Koolwilly(m): 12:30am On Jan 30, 2012
By all standards, 3G is expected to deploy 230kbps uplink and 3.6 or 7.2mbps downlink depending on the device involved. However, in Nigeria it is observed that often time the uplink ranges between 117-200kbps and downlink 900kbps-1.2mbps.
This is rip-off on the part of the service providers. All the same, the deployed bandwidth is yet fantastic and far better than what is obtained on Vsat solution for the same access estimated.

This solution would enable corporate organizations, local ISP, Cybercafé, Hotels and individual who needs to connect more than one system for internet access to benefit from this solution, some configuration needs to be put in place; High QOS 3G router, Cache Server with packet compressor and Bandwidth management facility.

With this network structure, 10pcs or more are powered on high speed without hitch and with minimal data consumption.

Considering MTN 3G data plan, 5GB (N8, 000) will power 15systems working 24hours for 2day normally. But if the cache server is developed, bandwidth is compressed and managed; 5GB will last for 8-10days, which means that 15GB (N24, 000) would serve 24hours conveniently for about 24-30 days respectively.

E-Mail: willy_kitty007@yahoo.com or call 08027285033 for more info
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 1:28am On Jan 30, 2012
@life style my finger print scanner is Secugen Hamster plus one of those approved by JAMB; I have the driver successfully installed on the system and its working fine but its not working on the JAMB website despite following all the procedures as spelt out in the "READ ME' doc on their website. undecided

I am registered with JAMB and have my access code. WHAT ANNOYS ME IS PEOPLE WHO SEE MY CAFE ON JAMB WEBSITE AS APPROVED CENTER PAINFULLY LOCATE THE CAFE ONLY FOR ME TO GIVE THEM STORIES!!! Some even call to ask for directions to the Cafe, leave them numbers and ask me to call when its all sorted. embarassed

This is an SOS!!!! Please someone should please help me with this licenses key, plssss.

I am putting myself in the shoes of these Jambites, combing areas just to register for the exams when they should be reading! angrySome Jambitoes have being on this issue for weeks. I can imagine the mental disturbance; how book wan take enter head undecided
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 1:36am On Jan 30, 2012
@kool willy how can all what you explained be achieved Please explain to us, we all want the best cost-performance connection. thanks.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Koolwilly(m): 1:47am On Jan 30, 2012
neyyo:

@kool willy how can all what you explained be achieved Please explain to us, we all want the best cost-performance connection. thanks.
The minimal data Consumption off allotted bandwidth can be achieved can be achieved using the cache Server with packet compressor i talked about earlier.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 7:12am On Jan 30, 2012
Koolwilly:

The minimal data Consumption off allotted bandwidth can be achieved can be achieved using the cache Server with packet compressor i talked about earlier.

How can the cache server; packet compressor be implemented? Have you done this before? Let's know how it works please. Thank you.
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2012
Check this tread about jamb finger print scanner : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-858321.0.html
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by fliptemi: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
I NEED AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER IN MY NEW CYBER CAFE.The person must be have a wide knowledge about cyber cafe business, INTERESTED PERSON SHOULD CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL, (temiseoduma@yahoo.com)
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by Koolwilly(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
neyyo:

How can the cache server; packet compressor be implemented? Have you done this before? Let's know how it works please. Thank you.
Yeah i ahve deployed it for lotta peeps around. That is the server that would compress the data before broadcasting it out to your clients via your switch and it works well with radius hotspot server.

Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
Koolwilly:

Yeah i ahve deployed it for lotta peeps around. That is the server that would compress the data before broadcasting it out to your clients via your switch and it works well with radius hotspot server.

Looks cool!!! wink Hmmmmm How much would implementation of such cost
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
neyyo:

What network are you using in your cafe ?
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
Peeps what is your take on overnight browsing? undecided  I have lotta guys aroung asking me to begin. I run on my ISP, 24hrs costs much more and I am concerned about security. Do you think the cash is worth it? N600 for all night?
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by neyyo: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
neyyo:

I use multilinks lipsrsealed
Re: For Cyber Cafe Owners/operators! by lifestyle1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
Whta's your Download speed, allocated bandwidth and number of systems and Location?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

M.sc In Tution Free Universities In Germany-(work,study & Scholarship) / WAEC 2015: English Language Essay, Obj & Oral Questions And Answers / Warning!!! Any Attempt To Scam Nairalanders, You Will Be Banned Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.