Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Sin That Defeats Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sin That Defeats Jesus (2935 Views)

The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / The Sin That God Cannot Forgive? (the Unpardonable Sin) / Why Fornication Is A Deadly Sin That Will Get You Almost Killed, If Not Killed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
According to Christians the sacrifice that Jesus allegedly made on the cross at calvary is the ultimate sacrifice that absolves all sins. So for example we read the following declaration from a Christian based missionary website,

“The life of the sinner was under the sentence of death until Christ by the shedding of His blood in the death on the cross released and cleansed us of all sin (Eph. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Rev. 1:5; 5:9). Christ bore the divine penalty and God is now free to forgive all sin and declare the believing sinner just in His sight (1 Peter 2:24; 3:18).” (source)

Does the sacrifice of Jesus truly absolve all sins according to the Bible(s)? Well, let’s look at the following verses that clearly contradict this Christian position.

“And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that blasphemes against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.” (Luke 12:10)

The above verse shows tha if anyone blasphemes the Holy Ghost he will NOT be forgiven. In fact, another verse that is pretty much related to that is even more explicit.

“But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” (Mak 3:29)

The word used in the verse is ουκ which means never as is rendered above. It further says that the person who commits such a sin is guilty of an eternal sin. The word is αιωνιου which literally means everlasting as correctly translated in the Dhuay-Rheims version. But, of course eternal is also correct. The point is that anyone who commits such a sin will be guilty forever and it will never be forgiven. These verses utterly undermine the notion that the ‘blood’ of Jesus renders all sins forgiven. The blood of Jesus is overpowered by this sin. This sin triumphs over Jesus’ so called ‘ultimate sacrifice’. Perhaps we need another sacrifice?

On the other side of the coin the verses totally undermine the Trinity in that they designate the Holy Spirit a special position that is not shared at all by the other two persons in the ‘godhead’ i.e. the Father and Jesus. In fact, the verse in Luke says that if you say anything against the ‘Son of Man’ who is Jesus the second person in the Trinity you will be forgiven. In Mark 3:28 it says that “all blasphemies of men will be forgiven them”. The key word in that verse is “all” and then the next verse identifies an exception with the Holy Spirit. This means that Mark 3:28 to 29 tell us that blasphemy against both the Father and the Son is okay, but, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not. What this leads to is the total destruction of the concept of the Trinity which suggests that all three persons are ‘co-equal’. When the verses place such an emphasis on the Holy Spirit the other two are lowered in distinction. What this means is that the Holy Spirit is more important than both the Father and the Son so much so that if you blaspheme it you will NEVER be forgiven. The Trinity formula then should be changed to in nomine spiritus sancti, et petris, et fili or in the name ‘the Holy Spirit, the Father and the Son’ as opposed to the standard established formula the ‘Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit’ with the most important(according to the verses discussed) in the last position. It should occupy the first position! I sincerely hope however that this article will not bring about the creation of a new form of Trinity and a new batch of Trinitarians.

http://unveiling-christianity.org/2009/08/09/the-sin-that-defeats-jesus/
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Arosa(m): 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
Interesting! Like the post rightly hinted I think there is a hierarchy in the trinity. What the Holy spirit is, for me is a mystery.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by alienkind: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
The verses quoted were before JESUS death.When you are baptised into JESUS which is natural
baptism,there is no sin the blood cant cleansed.The only sin stated after the death and ressurection
of JESUS by Paul,that cant be forgiven is when you have become a christian,have accepted JESUS
and known the scriptures,then you on your own again decide and profess that you dont believe
that JESUS died and rose from the dead .This means that the person has deliberately rejected salvation which he has benefitted from and
afterwards turned around to fall from the faith.Note the word faith,which means he have fully,knowingly rejected salvation which he has tasted before,by
so doing he wants to crucify JESUS the second time if he now decides to come back which is impossible to do.
Hebrews 6:4-8: “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace

As for the second question,take the trinity as your body,soul and spirit.The main message of the old testament is behold
the LORD our GOD is one GOD.Why it is difficult for people to understand this is because the three manifestations of GOD is
different from the three manifestations of humans,in the sense that the three manifestation of GOD are in distinct separate states but they
are still one.Humans are not in separate state,the spirit,soul are in the body,but when a human dies,the spirit and the soul can now
leave the body and act separately.Those who do soul travel or have out of body experiences can also attain this separation.This is what makes
us to be like the image of GOD.Remember genesis,GOD said,let us make man in our image and likeness,meaning the spirit,soul and body of
man is alike with the attributes of the thrinity.They are not higher than the other,they are the same and one but manifest separately to acheive same mission.
Remember JESUS said,ye are gods meaning you are made like GOD.
MARK 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
alienkind:

The verses quoted were before JESUS death.
so now after you believe Jesus "died",it forgiveable if you blaspheme against "the holy spirit"? that is what one would expect to hear from you.

As for the second question,take the trinity as your body,soul and spirit.The main message of the old testament is behold
the LORD our GOD is one GOD.Why it is difficult for people to understand this is because the three manifestations of GOD is
different from the three manifestations of humans,in the sense that the three manifestation of GOD are in distinct separate states but they
are still one.Humans are not in separate state,the spirit,soul are in the body,but when a human dies,the spirit and the soul can now
leave the body and act separately.Those who do soul travel or have out of body experiences can also attain this separation.This is what makes
us to be like the image of GOD.Remember genesis,GOD said,let us make man in our image and likeness,meaning the spirit,soul and body of
man is alike with the attributes of the thrinity.They are not higher than the other,they are the same and one but manifest separately to acheive same mission.
Remember JESUS said,ye are gods meaning you are made like GOD.
MARK 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
there is really nothing to say about the trinity.for someone like you it is even waste of time to quote the bible to show you from Jesus' words that there is nothing like "trinity".but as they say a word is enough for the wise.if you have little knowledge of early christian history you should be able to see that the "trinity" is one of the invented doctrines of the early church fathers.then compare "trinity" with "ariansim".
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]honestly speaking what is happening in the World in the name of '' Religion'' -- is not making things well at all . That so called JESUS was killed and hanged on a tree doesn't have any single power to overcome sin -- the true nature of man . Before hes dead he was a big sinner although the bible wouldn't say that out because that would spoil their so called religious and falsehood doctrine ! . even as Christians keep chanting that as JESUS died he have save the whole World from SIN we still swim inside SIN . . . .The blood of Jesus is powerless and i don't want to see any so called Christian use that blood to stay my cloths. . . enough of this strange madness!!!

pheww
[/size]
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Impulse80(m): 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
"Where is that mad boy come here i will beat u very well today" *Lagoshia is on the run again*
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^

The 'mad' boy will be back.

He is recharging his phone grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]honestly speaking what is happening in the World in the name of '' Religion'' -- is not making things well at all . That so called JESUS was killed and hanged on a tree doesn't have any single power to  overcome sin -- the true nature of man . Before hes dead he was a big sinner although the bible wouldn't say that out because that would spoil their so called religious and falsehood doctrine ! . even as Christians keep chanting that as JESUS died he have save the whole World from SIN  we still swim inside SIN . . . .The blood of Jesus is powerless and i don't want to see any so called Christian use that blood to stay my cloths. . . enough of this strange madness!!!

pheww
[/size]

It is even more bewilderingly strange, that grown men and women actually believe that mankind was a product of some random chaotic process, attributing our existence to nothing more than chance.

Shockingly , even after analysing  the order of the universe, the magnificence of the earth and the concept of gravity, the amazingly complex arrangement of cells in the human body and so many other wonders of our world , they still hang on to lunatic theories which are so laughable were it not for the seriousness of the matter.

Leave us to serve our 'imaginary God '.

Anything is better that Atheism , even radical ISLAM   grin grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by alienkind: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
@lagosshia.stop confusing people with this antichrist message.I have given
you the verses.Why would JESUS say GOD is one?That is because the people
of HIS time had the same question about thrinity and were as confused as you are today.JESUS went
further to say :
I and my father are one in JOHN 10:30.
JOHN 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me
JOHN 14:7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on,
you do know him and have seen him."Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own.
Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
alienkind:

@lagosshia.stop confusing people with this antichrist message.I have given
you the verses.Why would JESUS say GOD is one?That is because the people
of HIS time had the same question about thrinity and were as confused as you are today.JESUS went
further to say :
I and my father are one in JOHN 10:30.
JOHN 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me
JOHN 14:7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on,
you do know him and have seen him."Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own.
Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work

those verses dont make him a "trinity" and many other verses can be presented to prove that.

i actually avoid discussing the trinity because i believe it is silly for me to disprove what does not exist and what refutes itself.really,i dont waste time on it.anyone who believes in it,is definitely on his own.it is not for me to argue or try to convince the person.someone who believes in "trinity" has decided on his own to place a lock on his brain.

you should take a look at the posts in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844172.0.html
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
Impulse80:

"Where is that mad boy come here i will beat u very well today" *Lagoshia is on the run again*

lol  grin

that is better fit for "frosbel".he actually does run in even the threads he started.

i got over 3500 posts and about 50 threads in a period of about a year.so why would i run?
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]Yeah what do u expect us to believe? It can be bewilderingly strange to u alone but not us that have been exposed to the truth about life . You can hear the arrogance and ignorance in your last word that we should leave u to serve your imaginary GOD that always generate problems upon problems in the World . alright i read your well lets face our thread now^^ grin grin

Everybody knows Christianity is lie. . .there's no single truth @ all . Dear frosbel and my Fellow Citizen,

Easy. . . .lets talk it out . Saying that JESUS defeated SIN It's like TV versus a movie. cheesy cheesy

If you go to a movie, it's about 2 hours or so, and then it's over. Finished. If Jesus had conquered sin and death, and it was like a movie, then there would be no more sin and death because the movie would be over. grin

(what about sequels? I'm getting to that. . . smiley)

Then you have TV. ON TV there are lots of popular shows that go on and on for ages, years and years, with problems that keep coming and coming, and which never seem to get completely solved. Why? Because if the problems got solved, the show would not be interesting, it would get canceled, and the producers of it would stop making money on it.

The notion that Jesus conquered sin and death, but there is still sin and death is much more like a popular TV show cheesy cheesy . He can't REALLY AND TOTALLY conquer them angry angry , because the whole story of the world and forgiveness and hell and everything would come to a crashing halt, there would be no need for the parade of life and death and sin to continue, the show would be over, and the producers of the show, ie, the churches, would lose their biggest draw, and revenues would suffer accordingly.

A movie sequel is an example of how a movie, which supposedly end, comes back to life and makes more money. It's like saying "WE SAID THAT SIN AND DEATH HAD BEEN CONQUERED IN MOVIE NUMBER ONE, BUT IT HAS COME BACK, SO NOW WE NEED TO CONQUER IT AGAIN!!!!!! COME ON ASK FOR MORE FORGIVENESS, AND BRING YOUR OFFERINGS TO PASTORS -THIEVES IN GOD NAME!"

You know what they say. . . ."That's entertainment!" grin grin wink
[/size]

frosbel:

It is even more bewilderingly strange, that grown men and women actually believe that mankind was a product of some random chaotic process, attributing our existence to nothing more than chance.

Shockingly , even after analysing  the order of the universe, the magnificence of the earth and the concept of gravity, the amazingly complex arrangement of cells in the human body and so many other wonders of our world , they still hang on to lunatic theories which are so laughable were it not for the seriousness of the matter.

Leave us to serve our 'imaginary God '.

Anything is better that Atheism , even radical ISLAM   grin grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Arosa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
Since the beginning of Human existence man have always had problems with overcoming sin, King David even said " in sin did my mother conceive me" But a heart that sin is one without Love. The bible says that God is love, from the abundance of his love he sent his son to the world to teach us how to live a life without sin. So you can say that Jesus defeated Sin, because although he was of the flesh and blood, he did not sin. 
Regarding Jesus defeating DEATH, well everyone knows he dead on the cross, and rose up the third day. If that is not defeating death, then I don't know what it is.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]WELL , CHRISTIANS I CAN SEE YOU DON'T READ. JESUS DIED FOR THE ARROGANCE AND RUDENESS OF HIS OWN LIFE BUT NOT FOR OUR SINS.HE DIDN'T GET RID OF SIN EITHER BECAUSE HE CAN'T !!! grin grin grin[/size]
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Yeah what do u expect us to believe?  It can be bewilderingly strange to u alone but not us that have been exposed to the truth about life . You can hear the arrogance and ignorance in your last word that we should leave u to serve your imaginary GOD that always generate problems upon problems in the World . alright i read your well lets face our thread now^^  grin grin

Everybody knows Christianity is lie. . .there's no single truth @ all .  Dear frosbel and my Fellow Citizen,

Easy. . . .lets talk it out . Saying that JESUS defeated SIN  It's like TV versus a movie.  cheesy cheesy

If you go to a movie, it's about 2 hours or so, and then it's over. Finished. If Jesus had conquered sin and death, and it was like a movie, then there would be no more sin and death because the movie would be over.  grin

(what about sequels? I'm getting to that.  . .  smiley)

Then you have TV. ON TV there are lots of popular shows that go on and on for ages, years and years, with problems that keep coming and coming, and which never seem to get completely solved. Why? Because if the problems got solved, the show would not be interesting, it would get canceled, and the producers of it would stop making money on it.

The notion that Jesus conquered sin and death, but there is still sin and death is much more like a popular TV show  cheesy cheesy . He can't REALLY AND TOTALLY conquer them  angry angry , because the whole story of the world and forgiveness and hell and everything would come to a crashing halt, there would be no need for the parade of life and death and sin to continue, the show would be over, and the producers of the show, ie, the churches, would lose their biggest draw, and revenues would suffer accordingly.

A movie sequel is an example of how a movie, which supposedly end, comes back to life and makes more money. It's like saying "WE SAID THAT SIN AND DEATH HAD BEEN CONQUERED IN MOVIE NUMBER ONE, BUT IT HAS COME BACK, SO NOW WE NEED TO CONQUER IT AGAIN!!!!!! COME ON ASK FOR MORE FORGIVENESS, AND BRING YOUR OFFERINGS TO PASTORS -THIEVES  IN GOD NAME!"

You know what they say. . .  ."That's entertainment!"  grin grin wink
[/size]

Sorry I cannot respond to the above, it just makes no sense !!

Use some more related logic to argue your point , I am not so sure the movie story helps in any way.  grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Arosa(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]WELL , CHRISTIANS  I CAN SEE YOU DON'T READ. JESUS  DIED FOR THE ARROGANCE AND RUDENESS OF HIS OWN LIFE BUT NOT FOR OUR SINS.HE DIDN'T GET RID OF SIN EITHER BECAUSE HE CAN'T !!! grin grin grin[/size]

Just say you don't believe in Jesus Christ, instead of arguing about what he did or did not do.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Knight1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Op
this isn't even a theological issue. it's basic logic and reasoning.

The person that convicts your mind of ur sin is the HOLY SPIRIT. that's the person who makes u know u are evn wrong in the first place. and you then push him away, how on earth (and in heaven) do u expect to be forgiven when you arent even convicted of your sin?

in more simple terms (cos i know you will form 'ambiguity')
if you are in a place with only one possible outlet, and you block that outlet permanently while you are still in the place, is it possible to ever leave such a place? angry angry angry
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
Knight1:

@Op
this isn't even a theological issue. it's basic logic and reasoning.

The person that convicts your mind of ur sin is the HOLY SPIRIT. that's the person who makes u know u are evn wrong in the first place. and you then push him away, how on earth (and in heaven) do u expect to be forgiven when you arent even convicted of your sin?

in more simple terms (cos i know you will form 'ambiguity')
if you are in a place with only one possible outlet, and you block that outlet permanently while you are still in the place, is it possible to ever leave such a place? angry angry angry

can beliving in Jesus and his alleged sacrifice free you of that unforgiveable sin or not?
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

can beliving in Jesus and his alleged sacrifice free you of that unforgiveable sin or not?

Islam has sacrificed millions and drank their blood all in the name of 72 raisins virgins !!
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Sweetnecta: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^ My inlaw, how far, nau?

And Yahweh/Jehovah, Ghost, Jesus have done worse in the effort to protect a tribe of stiff necked tribes while they disrespected them and even killed one.

Jehovah has turned loose the Christians in WW and many more millions have perished. Today you read about over killing of christians who urinated on the corpses of the dead.

My dearest inlaw, my hope is that many become muslims in your village to lead you out of darkness [zhulum] to light [nur].

what is shameful about you is that you are no more in the village. but it is obvious that the village stupidi.ty is etched in you.

I pray that Guidance of God erased it. Amin.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Islam has sacrificed millions and drank their blood all in the name of 72 raisins virgins !!

point for me where in my Quran "72 virgins" are mentioned.i am a Muslim and i dont believe in 72 virgins.nontheless i wish for 720 virgins!!!

as for drinking blood,your christian god killed his son in the name of love!!!
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by tidytim: 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

point for me where in my Quran "72 virgins" are mentioned.i am a Muslim and i dont believe in 72 virgins.nontheless i wish for 720 virgins!!!

as for drinking blood,your christian god killed his son in the name of love!!!

Hello LagosShia,

Please can you explain the below image

Your brother,

TidyTim.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]WELL , CHRISTIANS  I CAN SEE YOU DON'T READ. JESUS  DIED FOR THE ARROGANCE AND RUDENESS OF HIS OWN LIFE BUT NOT FOR OUR SINS.HE DIDN'T GET RID OF SIN EITHER BECAUSE HE CAN'T !!! grin grin grin[/size]
embarassed who said he died to get rid of sin ? cant nobody get rid of sin. sin is embedded in our DNA. man is conceived in sin and will vacate in sin. heck the one thing you can always bet on is that man will sin. sin and man are like man and shadow.  grin so 'Jesus' did not come to get rid of sin. jesus came so as to eradicate the cumbersome sacrificial law. see back in the day, they had a group of priests called the levites. what happens is that when you sin, you go to the levites with the fattest of your animals and whatnot. the levite will kill the animal and then sprinkle the blood in the altar. this is how you got rid of your sin before 'Jesus'. you do this because God does not deal with unclean people. when you sin, you are disconnected from God. he does not hear you or deal with you. However sin got so prevalent (remember we have the freewill toi ndulge our godly or satanic side. the ying and the yang) that most of the time, like almost all his creation was cut off from him. So how did he rectify this problem ? He sent Jesus to be the ultimate sacrificial lamb. his blood was used as the universal blood that the levites would have sprinkled on your behalf with whatever calf or goat you brought. so his blood has eradicated that cumbersome task of blood sacrifice (i am sure the levites were not too happy as their tasks reduced drastically after this LOL ). WHAT this simply means is that, now if you sin, there will not be any dissociation with God because your sin has been automatically washed away by the blood of 'Jesus'. however there are 2 conditions to this
1-you gotta have the faith and trust and belief that christ is your lord and savior.
2-whatever sin you commit, make sure it is not sin against another person (you have to love your neighbor like yourself. treat others how you want to be treated). and if you commit sin against another person, you have to beg that person for forgiveness.

so as you can see ? he did not die so as to eradicate sin, he died so as to ensure a continuous association between us and God even in sin.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
[size=13pt]another excuse from a sad Christian --- now, u are telling me u can't respond my previous comment because u know that define the whole thing about the so called JESUS removing SIN from this World by hanging on a tree . grin grin

frosbel . . . what other related logic do u prefer ? tell me so that I'll use it . smiley
[/size]

frosbel:

Sorry I cannot respond to the above, it just makes no sense !!

Use some more related logic to argue your point , I am not so sure the movie story helps in any way.  grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
[size=13pt]wow. . . . that hand looks like pig meat --- grin ohh , where is my pot?? cheesy cheesy[/size]

tidytim:

Hello LagosShia,

Your brother,

TidyTim.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
buzugee:

embarassed who said he died to get rid of sin ? cant nobody get rid of sin. sin is embedded in our DNA. man is conceived in sin and will vacate in sin. heck the one thing you can always bet on is that man will sin. sin and man are like man and shadow.  grin so 'Jesus' did not come to get rid of sin. jesus came so as to eradicate the cumbersome sacrificial law. see back in the day, they had a group of priests called the levites. what happens is that when you sin, you go to the levites with the fattest of your animals and whatnot. the levite will kill the animal and then sprinkle the blood in the altar. this is how you got rid of your sin before 'Jesus'. you do this because God does not deal with unclean people. when you sin, you are disconnected from God. he does not hear you or deal with you. However sin got so prevalent (remember we have the freewill toi ndulge our godly or satanic side. the ying and the yang) that most of the time, like almost all his creation was cut off from him. So how did he rectify this problem ? He sent Jesus to be the ultimate sacrificial lamb. his blood was used as the universal blood that the levites would have sprinkled on your behalf with whatever calf or goat you brought. so his blood has eradicated that cumbersome task of blood sacrifice (i am sure the levites were not too happy as their tasks reduced drastically after this LOL ). WHAT this simply means is that, now if you sin, there will not be any dissociation with God because your sin has been automatically washed away by the blood of 'Jesus'. however there are 2 conditions to this
1-you gotta have the faith and trust and belief that christ is your lord and savior.
2-whatever sin you commit, make sure it is not sin against another person (you have to love your neighbor like yourself. treat others how you want to be treated). and if you commit sin against another person, you have to beg that person for forgiveness.

so as you can see ? he did not die so as to eradicate sin, he died so as to ensure a continuous association between us and God even in sin.

i see two parallels in your explanation even though i disagree with both and as early christians among them they did not believe Jesus died i too as a muslim dont believe he died.

in the first part of your explanation you sounded or reasoned that Jesus alleged sacrifice was to spare the lives of sacrificial animals.so Jesus "died" to replace the lambs and save them from sacrifice.that belief would seat well with the hindus who worship and honor animals.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
tidytim:

Hello LagosShia,

Your brother,

TidyTim.

no i cant explain the image below.I am not Daniel of the bible!!!

i cant tell what happened based on that picture.im not even sure if thats the hand of a baboon!!!

or may be it is this:

Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
[size=13pt]POINT NOTED and that is hundred percent right my dear. . . that's why we have to be sinners. . . .and sin with all boldness  grin grin wink[/size]

buzugee:

embarassed who said he died to get rid of sin ? cant nobody get rid of sin. sin is embedded in our DNA. man is conceived in sin and will vacate in sin. heck the one thing you can always bet on is that man will sin. sin and man are like man and shadow.  grin so 'Jesus' did not come to get rid of sin.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

i see two parallels in your explanation even though i disagree with both and as early christians among them they did not believe Jesus died i too as a muslim dont believe he died.

in the first part of your explanation you sounded or reasoned that Jesus alleged sacrifice was to spare the lives of sacrificial animals.so Jesus "died" to replace the lambs and save them from sacrifice.that belief would seat well with the hindus who worship and honor animals.
No sir, he did not die so as to have pity on the animals as the animals are put on earth for us to eat (check the book of leviticus for the animals we can eat). he died so that we will not be dissociated from God even in sin, so long as we have faith. see his death has come to put a barrier between our faith and our body seeing as our body cannot live up to our faith. our body is a heavy burden that has to be dragged around by our faith. dead weight. this is unfair to be cut off from your maker because even though your faith is strong, the dead weight is sometimes too heavy for you to drag. Jesus died so as to ease the burden of that weight. he died so as to detach your faith from the weight and attach your faith directly to God.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
buzugee:

No sir, he did not die so as to have pity on the animals as the animals are put on earth for us to eat (check the book of leviticus for the animals we can eat). he died so that we will not be dissociated from God even in sin, so long as we have faith. see his death has come to put a barrier between our faith and our body seeing as our body cannot live up to our faith. our body is a heavy burden that has to be dragged around by our faith. dead weight. this is unfair to be cut off from your maker because even though your faith is strong, the dead weight is sometimes too heavy for you to drag. Jesus died so as to ease the burden of that weight. he died so as to detach your faith from the weight and attach your faith directly to God.

can you tell us what you meant by "Jesus died so as to ease the burden of that weight"?

after that,tell us the differences between what happened before Jesus "died" and after.what are the visible ways your so called "burden" was "eased".can you cite for us the ways in human society and character or bahavioral pattern that changed?

i mean like did people stop dying because according to Paul in the new testament it was through the so called "sin of Adam" that "sin entered into the world".so even Jesus is paying for that also,people at least those who believe ought to have stopped dying.dont you think so?

also,also,those who believed in Jesus and his "dying" should be "angelic" or they should not have the ability to sin because the "blood" allegedly "purified" them.or even if they sin,it is okay.in other words Jesus has given you a blank cheque to sin and sin and sin and go free!!!lucky christians!!!no wonder they dont even fear the idea of lying!!!
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

can you tell us what you meant by "Jesus died so as to ease the burden of that weight"?

after that,tell us the differences between what happened before Jesus "died" and after.what are the visible ways your so called "burden" was "eased".can you cite for us the ways in human society and character or bahavioral pattern that changed?

i mean like did people stop dying because according to Paul in the new testament it was through the so called "sin of Adam" that "sin entered into the world".so even Jesus is paying for that also,people at least those who believe ought to have stopped dying.dont you think so?

also,also,those who believed in Jesus and his "dying" should be "angelic" or they should not have the ability to sin because the "blood" allegedly "purified" them.or even if they sin,it is okay.in other words Jesus has given you a blank cheque to sin and sin and sin and go free!!!lucky christians!!!no wonder they dont even fear the idea of lying!!!

LOTS OF QUESTIONS. HERE WE GO
1-can you tell us what you meant by "Jesus died so as to ease the burden of that weight"? A human is 2 seperate entity. a spirit and a body. the spirit and the body always co-operate with one another and are best buddies in people whose spirit is ruled and controlled by their desires. They are both as happy as can be. However the end result of such a symbiotic relationship is always death. the lord will allow satan to consume you if you keep this type of relationship without trying to rectify it. Next we have the 2 entities forced to co-operate with each other as in the case of people who love the lord. the spirit is down with the lord but the body is at odds with the spirit. the body wants to have fun. well this makes for a wretched existence for many believers. believers who decided to indulge the body in sin the past were cut off from the lord because he does not deal with unclean people, does not matter how strong your faith is. so 'jesus' has come to ease that situation. meaning while you may sin, so long as your faith is strong in the lord, you will not be cut off from him. HOWEVER THE TYPE OF SIN YOU COMMIT WILL DETERMINE IF YOU REALLY HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD OR NOT. if you go around sleeping with other mens wives, stealing from people, beating people up (basically sins against other people) then that means your faith is non-existent. however sins against yourself such as m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n, smoking weed, etc etc are the type of sins that people with strong faith commit. sins not against other people, but against yourself. if you for some reason commit a sin against another person, then you have to beg them for forgiveness immediately

i mean like did people stop dying because according to Paul in the new testament it was through the so called "sin of Adam" that "sin entered into the world".so even Jesus is paying for that also,people at least those who believe ought to have stopped dying.dont you think so?-- sin is already in the world so death is inevitable. however the death that is inevitable is the first death (the death of the body, for it has been appointed to man to live 120 years. genesis 6 vs 3). so we cant help that. the dice has been cast. however the death that will be eradicated for the believers will be the second death. the second death is the death of the spirit. if you are an unbeliever when he returns. not only will your physical body be put to death. but your spirit will be destroyed forever. that will be the end of you. those who are believers and have died will have their bodys ressurected.  see, spirits never die. they are simply recycled into new bodies. but those who dont believe in him when he returns ? their spirit will be destroyed forever. you aint never coming back into the kingdom of heaven (which will be on earth). all evil will be destroyed and earth will be transformed to heaven. no more suffereing. everyone has plentiful food, a vineyard, a mansion etc etc. you can marry as many wives as you want etc etc

also,also,those who believed in Jesus and his "dying" should be "angelic" or they should not have the ability to sin because the "blood" allegedly "purified" them.or even if they sin,it is okay.in other words Jesus has given you a blank cheque to sin and sin and sin and go free!!!lucky christians!!!no wonder they dont even fear the idea of lying!!! i believe i answered this in the first question. this is not a license to sin but a license to God even if you sin. however like i said, if your faith is strong, you will not commit certain types of sin. if you commit sins against other people, the lord will get satan to give you a nice butt whooping. sins against yourself however will be overlooked because the blood of jesus automatically wipes them away. see, sins against other people ? you have affected another mans spirit negatively so you have to beg the person for forgiveness quickly before the lord sends satan to whoop your butt. however when you sin against yourself ? you have not affected anyones spirit.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
so in a nutshell, all i am saying is that while the human body is as filthy and as wicked and sinful as can be, when a person gets a renewal of the spirit and has strong faith in the lord, this does not automatically change your nasty filthy sinful body into a pure sinless body with no evil desires. what it simply does is transform your mind to the point where you are full of love for the next person. you will never want to do anything to hurt even a fly, let alone another person. it should never even cross your mind to commit sins against other people because you have been transformed by love. you want everyone to be happy and healthy. you are full of goodness and niceness for your fellow man. however the type of sins that you commit will now morph into sins against yourself, seeing as the body is as wicked and sinful as can be. sins against other people will be eradicated from your psyche but sins against yourself will take its place (as your body is concieved in sin). sins against yourself like i said smoking weed, m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n, gluttony, etc etc. these types of sins are however covered in the blood of Jesus, because you are not breaking the golden rule (love your neighbor as yourself) (you are not impacting another persons spirit negatively). i think that about sums it up grin grin
however the ideal situation is to be sinless but that is impossible grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Says America Is The Home Of Every Unclean Spirit In The World / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? / Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.