Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Would You Enter A Prenup? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Enter A Prenup? (7131 Views)

What Will You Do If You Enter Into Your Room And Found Your Maid Like This? / Girls, Would You Enter Into A Blood Covenant With A Man You Love? / Think Before You Enter Into That Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Enter A Prenup? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
So I was watching "two and a half men", and I saw how the guy that was divorcing his wife had to move out of his own house, continue maintenance of the house and pay for his ex-wife's upkeep. I'm not saying he is, but he looked like he was being fooled from my point of view. He was becoming broke, he couldn't even enjoy himself anymore.
Now much of that kinda stuff can be avoided if one enters a prenup with his potential spouse before marriage. But to many it means the man doesn't have faith in the union and is a sign for the spouse to opt out. I personally think that's nonsense. A marriage is like most contracts, one always wants what's best to happen, which realistically can't always be the case. People change, things go bad, it's just being pragmatic. But that's just me. What do you think?
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by 25omega(m): 5:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=18pt]if you aint no punk holla we want prenup[/size] grin
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by AfroBlue(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
Not me but I'm not an billionaire/millionaire.

DEION SANDERS
Pilar's Trying to EXTORT Me

Is Pilar out to extort Primetime

According to TMZ reports:

Deion Sanders is firing back at his estranged wife Pilar, claiming her recent accusations — that he’s a narcissistic serial cheater — are just a “shady” attempt to extort more money from the NFL star.

Deion’s attorney, Jody Johnson, tells TMZ — “The actions of Ms. Sanders and her attorney are nothing more than an attempt to avoid a legally binding contract that she no longer likes, by falsely assassinating the character of Mr. Sanders in an effort to extort additional money from Mr. Sanders.”

Deion’s lawyer is referring to new docs Pilar filed this week in the couple’s divorce proceedings — in which Pilar asks the judge to toss out the couple’s prenup … and award her the lion’s share of Deion’s estate.

Pilar claims she was forced to sign the prenup under duress, but Deion says that’s BS — according to his lawyer, “Mr. Sanders committed to a generous financial agreement with his wife when they both voluntarily signed a premarital agreement that they presented to the judge for approval.”

Deion claims it didn’t end there either, he also showered her with money and gifts before and during their marriage.

Jody Johnson also spoke on the attacks on Deion’s character as a father and husband.

As for Pilar’s attacks on Deion’s parenting skills — his lawyer claims, “Anyone who knows Mr. Sanders and observes him on a daily basis knows that he is a committed, ever-present father.”

The lawyer adds, “Mr. Sanders will not be intimidated by these shady tactics and remains committed to resolve this matter in a court of law as quickly and amicably as possible.”

Pilar’s lawyer tells TMZ, Pilar’s not the liar — in fact, “Pilar has taken a lie detector test on the question of fidelity during her marriage to Deion Sanders and PASSED.”

Although the lie detector test is a nice touch when trying to make an argument there are plenty of people in prison and free behind the amazing accuracy of the almighty, irrefutable, “lie detector” test.

We gotta say, Deion said a couple weeks ago that Pilar’s lawyer was an “unethical” scumbag and would do anything to win a case. Based on yesterday’s allegations of physical abuse, we’re starting to side with Prime.

That’s not to say that he is an innocent party, but it seems that Pilar is down to work the “by any means necessary” angle to get out of that air-tight prenup that she AGREED to.

Let us all say in unison….”HO SIT DOWN!”

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/18/deion-, /#.Txg8saU7W4Y

http://bossip.com/528595/clap-back-d, sations-43081/
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
I don't believe in it. But for some reasons, I believe it's the right thing. Confusing? Yes
And that's exzctly how I feel about it
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by MrCork17: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
Mynd_44:

I don't believe in it. But for some reasons, I believe it's the right thing. Confusing? Yes
And that's exzctly how I feel about it

You don’t believe in prenap. So what u planning to give her?: Goats? undecided
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by lurkee(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
I would never suggest such if I was the wealthy one and I cannot marry someone who would even bring it up. Let him save the legal stress by not getting married to me then. What nonsense! Prenup or not, divorce is nasty so you can never fully "protect" yourself from it. Better to go all in or not at all. That's all folks  grin
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by phreakabit(m): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
She no get choice, but to gree. I no dey share my money at all.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Finland(m): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
lurkee:

I would never suggest such if I was the wealthy one and I cannot marry someone who would even bring it up. Let him save the legal stress by not getting married to me then. What nonsense! Prenup or not, divorce is nasty so you can never fully "protect" yourself from it. Better to go all in or not at all. That's all folks  grin
If you are not in for the money then show it by signing the prenup.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Finland(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Afro_Blue:

Deion’s lawyer is referring to new docs Pilar filed this week in the couple’s divorce proceedings — in which Pilar asks the judge to toss out the couple’s prenup … and award her the lion’s share of Deion’s estate.

Can a signed prenup be tossed by a judge for real?
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
In lieu of the crap all around me. a little insurance never hurt nobody cool
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by MrsChima1(f): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
There are countless of threads about prenups. Nairaland's search engine is accessible. smiley
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by kizito96(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nowadays pre-nups agreement is very essential. One useless goal digger just flaunt her self and gets married, before you know it, she is filling for divorce, knowing the monetary reward. This cannot happen in Nigeria. I just suffer for a stupid prostitute all my life? No way
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Pennywise(m): 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
Pre-nup? Too late.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by jedisco(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
If i will get married and settle down abroad then yes.
If i will get married and settle in 9ja then no. But with things changing fast in 9ja I will have a rethink when the time comes
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by mikymouse1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nope
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by queensmith: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
lol the guy in 2hm is an absolute punk! lmao

i think couples should just invest together to avoid financial hullaballoo. I'm seriously thinking of just waiting to be married before purchasing assets but being a woman wanting to get her own its difficult.

I understand everyone needs to protect thier interest but it doesnt make any sense if your going to marry somebody you cant trust?

why bother with the wedding? just live together and everyone can keep thier own assets.

my own two cents sha
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

There are countless of threads about prenups.  Nairaland's search engine is accessible.  smiley
my bad! smiley . but u gotta admit, it's cool sometimes to awaken old issues with new threads, at least for people who are new to NL. peeps do it all the time unknowingly!
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by ojubi(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
The only reason the average girl want to marry u a guy now is because u re rich. They call it "a man who can take care of me". So to me, no prenup, no marriage.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Eltonluigi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kobe Bryant is about to lose 50 milli, beech you wasn't with him when he was shooting in the gym.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by IbroSaunks(m): 6:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
queensmith:

lol the guy in 2hm is an absolute punk! lmao

i think couples should just invest together to avoid financial hullaballoo. I'm seriously thinking of just waiting to be married before purchasing assets but being a woman wanting to get her own its difficult.

I understand everyone needs to protect thier interest but it doesnt make any sense if your going to marry somebody you cant trust?

why bother with the wedding? just live together and everyone can keep thier own assets.

my own two cents sha
I don't think it's a trust thing, to me getting it doesn't necessarily mean u don't trust your fiancee, it's more like insurance! grin
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Hydy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
Really,dis days u neva can trust gurls.
"So for better for worse baby, but u still gotta sign that Prenup!"
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
I would never agree to a pre-nuptial agreement, neither would I suggest one.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by DerMeister: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
If I was minted ( billionaire ) before I met d babe, then she'll have to sign the pre nup! If I become minted while I was with her, she's entitled to some of the loot! These days some crazy liberal judges toss out pre nups!! crazy  
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by IbroSaunks(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
my mindset is even starting to change about the whole thing, considering it from another angle.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by IbroSaunks(m): 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
my mindset is even starting to change about the whole thing, considering it from another angle.
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by missKeri(f): 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
lurkee:

Seconded
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by amuukwu1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
from all comments/replies here, only the girls are against signing a pre-nup. Just saying. lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
Capital NO!
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Mynd44: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^
But you will insure you car and house right?
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^
Why do people compare marriage to things without feelings? Can you marry your car?
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by Mynd44: 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
Then consider it an insurance for your money. Atleast that does not have feelings like car and house
Re: Would You Enter A Prenup? by eghost247(m): 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
sign a prenup no matter what

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Miss Valentine Challenge: Write A Love Letter / BAD GUY :fan Grabs Maheeda’s Butt As They Take A Photograph Together / This Is Not Supposed To Be Happening!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.