Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? (2917 Views)

One Reason Why Facebook Temporarily Locks People Account. / Reason Why Webmasters Always Like To Be Single / What Are Your Fav Websites You Go When Bored (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi guys, today am not rolling any tutorial or stuff on javascript, just eager to know why people use certain frameworks and what they love about the framework, frameworks have made our life easier even now in every company Frontend job requirement JavaScript knowledge is being replaced with frameworks even server sided languages too, so its just for kicks you can least one favorite JavaScript Framework and explain why like it and also a Server Sided framework, this will give others a brief insight into other frameworks and what people see in them. thanks smiley
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
[s]I am a CMS INSTALLER, i dont know what you are talking about.[/s]
*Grabs popcorn and groundnut*
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by yawatide(f): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2012
Front end FW:
jQuery - low learning curve (IMHO), easy to follow and understand and hey, if google is now using it officially, that pretty much sums it up

Back end FW:
If by this you are including CMS, then I will go with Joomla again, low learning curve, though I recently started my WordPress Odyssey and must confess that my fondness for it is almost beginning to compete with Joomla smiley
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Frontend(s): JQUERY (I prefer to mootools, prototype,yui and others that i use) - i love the pattern of coding - compared to others i have used
Backend: Drupal (others Joomla) - i have explored a lot. and i love how it works, i can do wonders with it - see www..net
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2012
@omo_to_dun for real that's great to hear as much as i know Pure JavaScript not sure i wanna spend the whole day tackling cross browser inconsistency especially now that html5 support vary now.

FrontEnd FW: Dojo/Jquery

because Dojo has many design patterns / toolsets that are useful to me, Jquery (do i need to explain why) it's the gateway drug for JavaScript.

Backend: Wordpress/Zend

Wordpress is simply easy to customize and the documentation is superb, Zend well because i love the MVC structure and the fact it comes integrated with Dojo tongue.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 20, 2012
I am a hobyist too, i know i am a professional coder - but as a developer, i am a hobyist. That is why i have always remained a freelancer - one leg in, one leg out. I code when the weather is right.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by yawatide(f): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2012
kai! Naija and titles. If e no b "banker", e go b, "hobbyist coder". Whatever happened to something simpler like, I dunno, "freelancer"? tongue
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^You are missing something, but let us not distract the thread. More please. . . . (aye, i am a freelancing and money-making web developing hobyist)
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by kanor: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
Frameworks are used to fastened developement time. They contain libraries u can use instead of writing ur own.

But again, any serious web development project shd not be based on frameworks.

Today, a lot of people use and learn frameworks without even leaning the underlying technology. This is very bad.

For instance, a client side language like JavaScript, must be learn first b4 learning to use JQeury.

I prefer to hand code my projects, write my own librararies etc. Frameworks for serverside are not always SEO friendly.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by dryakson(m): 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
hello
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
please stick to topic kamor thank you. smiley
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
-
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Abegi, who are those turning simple questions into lectures here? I will commoth cane and start flogging you people o. Haba? We sef get mouth na.

Oya, back to the topic now. I wont mind starting by dealing with the OP. No derailers please.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by kanor: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dont get me wrong. If ure developing for client, frameworks are the best. I dont do for clients. I do as a team.

When I say handcode, I dont mean I'll start with a clean notepad. I prefer to use IDE that are not based on frameworks like drupal, Joomla, Yii, or zend, for open source server side.

Dreamweaver has always been my good choice.

I try to separate my content from  presentation. Any experienced  web developer will tell u that front end  based on solid html and CSS has better search engine ranking, and that u have to do lots of extra work to make sites developed with frameworks to be SEO friendly.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^You are making me vex. And i am praying very very hard not to tackle you here, you wont find it funny at all. Please let us not derail this thread.
The topic of this thread is - What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It

@kanor, last warning, if you derail this thread again. . . .

@people, it is okay if you dont know how to use any framework. You dont need to divert attention of anybody or try to show you are a professional.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
King of derailers eh? Aye, that might be true. Where is the kanor guy? Oya come back here, let us talk this through. Am sorry for attempted bullying, u are making lots of sense really.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
jquery

server side: i prefer to build my stuff from scratch
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^Professional to the core. I like that. @omo_to_dun, later on my derailer groups decided to wait until a poster has sufficient answers on the thread before we kick in.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 21, 2012
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^You people are derailing the topic too early o jare.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by aquastar(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2012
javascript: jquery. i have a php framework i cooked up and use and an orm as well
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by member479760: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2012
OP. why you start stuff that you can not follow up?
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^It is a good question actually and we are all following it up. Contribute and stop asking nonsense derailing questions.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
sorry was working on some stuff, hmmm its quite surprising is jQuery the only JS framework but are people not targeting large scale application on frontend because jQuery is good no doubt but when it comes to packaging your files,jQuery really has no out of the box support for that, and also PHP Server Frameworks am a bit shocked i was expecting the Bakers,and the Drupals and the Joomlas and the Fire igniters.

So What features would qualify you to pick a Front End Framework ?

a. Ease of Use b. Modularizing packaging system c. Out of the Box Widgets and UI d. Speed and Performance 3. Size
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^Not exactly like that amigo. But sorry, i cant explain that here - some info are best kept secret. But when working on large-scale projects, i dont use jquery exclusively.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by IbroSaunks(m): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2012
@dhtml . I haven't seen you on yim in a while. please I need to consult you concerning a little manner.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 20, 2012
You can find me more on facebook chat, i am online everyday. Or you can request for my BB Pin. Or Contact me via my website.
Re: What's Your Fav Javascript/server Fw And Give One Reason Why You Like It ? by IbroSaunks(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2012
aite, I'll send u a Facebook message later. I no get bb sad

(1) (Reply)

How To Easily Configure Your Website For Accepting Payment Via Credit/debit Card / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor / 10 Most Awesome Ideas To Monetize Youtube Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.