Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One (6586 Views)

DAVID OYEDEPO IS A RELIGIOUS BIGOT / What Do We Gain Being A Religious Fanatic / The Definition Of Divine Harmony - Understanding Creation & Non-interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Let us define the word fanatic :

'A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.'

With this meaning in mind, I have 3 questions for you:

1. How will you define a Religious fanatic in your own words ?

2.  Do you classify yourself as a Religious fanatic ?

3. If you are not a fanatic, do you adhere totally to the tenets of your religion without any room for manoeuvre regarding it's truths.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by ramalot(m): 5:41am On Jan 20, 2012
Haha
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2012
ramalot:

1- Frosbel

2- No

3- I do not have a religion, and i'm inclined towards whatever presents the most credible argument from "MY" point of view; NOT anyone else's.

I should have stated this discussion was ONLY for religious people  grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by PastorKun(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Frosbel
I think you should first answer the question yourself. Do you consider yourself a religious fanatic?
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
No !!

Though some people might consider those who take the bible literally end to end as fanatics. In which case I happily comply.

And you ?
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by PastorKun(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nope I am most definitely not a religious fanatic even I might concede to being termed a religious activist. smiley
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
frosbel:

No !!

Though some people might consider those who take the bible literally end to end as fanatics. In which case I happily comply.

And you ?

You can't take the bible literally end to end and still remain sane unless of course you're already insane.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
phxc:

You can't take the bible literally end to end and still remain sane unless of course you're already insane.

Then count me among the 'insane'  grin

God's truths are ABSOLUTE !!
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by phreakabit(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Northern Muslim.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by islamrules(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
When u want others to believe what u believe at all cost with intimidation
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Ranoscky(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Christian by religion bu NOT a fanatic.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by dare2think: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
A religious fanatic is one that is deeply insecure of his/her faith but has to aggressively defend it in the face of obvious reason just to cover his/her low self-esteem.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by ddippset(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
boko haram!
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Gerrard59(m): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mine is somebody who kills for 72 virgins and when killing shouts their creator name. If you feel offended by this===it means you are a religious fanatic and guilty. Meaning====Guilty Conscience.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by skullbaba: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
an inovator. a person that add what is not part of a reliogion to a religion eg boko haram
b4 you question my belief i am a muslim
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by vedaxcool(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mine is somebody that leaves his wife so that Christ might replace her with a 100 wives:
grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-794684.0.html#msg9462927
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by islamrules(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mine is somebody that leaves his wife so that Christ might replace her with a 100 wives:
Grin Grin Grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-794684.0.html#msg9462927

I read ur thread above

Mar 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Does this sound phonographic like having se.x with 77 virgin?
U dont know the meaning here is the meaning: The passage above is telling you, God will bless you in family, brother, sister. U will be fruitful e.t.c. When Prophet Job was in problem he lost his son, wives and family, but when God blessed him, everything multiplied.

This is different from ur se.x driven killing people because of 77 virgins.

I am not surprised for you. Quran permits you people to lie.
Muslims lie not because they are liars by nature but by choice. Systematic lying as a religious policy is deadly, and if our politicians do not understand this, thousands could die.

Read Qur'an (16:106)

You will know why muslims lie and engage in propaganda games.

http://www.muslimfact.com/bm/terror-in-the-name-of-islam/islam-permits-lying-to-deceive-unbelievers-and-bri.shtml

But wait oooo. Nobody has ever mentioned any religion name or religion book in this thread. But why is that a muslim is now pointing to the bible.

Indeed the definition of fanatism.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
Hhmmmmmm, Dullard.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
In the mind of a religious fanatic;  It is my way or the high way.

I am not a fan of Religion. I admire certain things about the principles of religion. But I am an humble servant of Reason cool.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by babaowo: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
dunce.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
In my opinion? Anybody that gives a crap about what's in the bible. But hey, that's my opinion, now tell me I'm going to hell.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Amjustme: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Poster;

In 2 words: BOKO HARAM!
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by LogicMind: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
jesus christ
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Araboy(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
A person bigot zealot narrow minded suffering of personality disorder like forsebel and co
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Revolva(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
With this meaning in mind, I have 3 questions for you:

1. How will you define a Religious fanatic in your own words ?-A Religious fanatic is one who is a fool and brainwashed and finds no sense in humanity to reason well with his fellow human beings and do things to his own will not knowing it may be the wrongest path

2. Do you classify yourself as a Religious fanatic ?Never i have religion especially the ones used to brainwashed us

3. If you are not a fanatic, do you adhere totally to the tenets of your religion without any room for manoeuvre regarding it's truths-I am self religion , i think for my self
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nabilah: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
A deeply insecure and troubled individual.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nabilah:

A deeply insecure and troubled individual.

I AM A[b] RELIGIOUS FANATIC[/b]! I feel insecure in a growingly monotheistic and mentally-enslaved country where the identity, culture, beliefs, morals of my people and fellow countrymen are threatened and are stamped upon. I also feel troubled with the self-destruction mode our country is running on and the senseless wars we fight on the ideologies of long-dead foreign men which has brought nothing but misery and death to this country.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by EvilBrain1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
frosbel:

Then count me among the 'insane' grin

God's truths are ABSOLUTE !!

That's funny. Osama bin Laden used to say the exact same thing.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by LagosShia: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
islamrules:

I read ur thread above

Does this sound phonographic like having se.x with 77 virgin?
U dont know the meaning here is the meaning: The passage above is telling you, God will bless you in family, brother, sister. U will be fruitful e.t.c. When Prophet Job was in problem he lost his son, wives and family, but when God blessed him, everything multiplied.

This is different from ur se.x driven killing people because of 77 virgins.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734804.0.html#msg9099429

I am not surprised for you. Quran permits you people to lie.
Muslims lie not because they are liars by nature but by choice. Systematic lying as a religious policy is deadly, and if our politicians do not understand this, thousands could die.

Read Qur'an (16:106)

You will know why muslims lie and engage in propaganda games.

http://www.muslimfact.com/bm/terror-in-the-name-of-islam/islam-permits-lying-to-deceive-unbelievers-and-bri.shtml

But wait oooo. Nobody has ever mentioned any religion name or religion book in this thread. But why is that a muslim is now pointing to the bible.

Indeed the definition of fanatism.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-809331.0.html#msg9620167
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Evil Brain:

That's funny. Osama bin Laden used to say the exact same thing.

Hmm, scary init grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by chuks49(m): 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
A religious is a tru muslim.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 21, 2012
Is an aberrant religionist who fails to change!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing / Falling Under The Anointing / Disagree If U Want But ISIS Does Not Represent Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.