Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players (5554 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Lets Vote Our Asisat Oshoala Own For The Bbc Women's World Footballer / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by topeorekoy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2007
Buffon (Juventus, Italy), Cannavaro (Real Madrid, Italy), Cech (Chelsea, Czech Rep), Ronaldo (Man Utd, Portugal), Deco (Barcelona, Portugal), Drogba (Chelsea, Ivory Coast), Essien (Chelsea, Ghana), Eto'o (Barcelona, Cameroon), Gattuso (AC Milan, Italy), Gerrard (Liverpool, England), Henry (Barcelona, France), Juninho (Lyon, Brazil), Kaka (AC Milan, Brazil), Klose (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lahm (Bayern Munich, Germany), Lampard (Chelsea, England), Marquez (Barcelona, Mexico), Messi (Barcelona, Argentina), Nesta (AC Milan, Italy), Pirlo (AC Milan, Italy), Ribery (Bayern Munich, France), Riquelme (Villarreal, Argentina), Ronaldinho (Barcelona, Brazil), Rooney (Man Utd, England), Terry (Chelsea, England), Tevez (Man Utd, Argentina), Thuram (Barcelona, France), Torres (Liverpool, Spain), Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid, Holland), Vieira (Inter Milan, France).

whats thuram doing on the list
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by toba1909(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
Is it only Thuram? What of Essien?
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by salehm(m): 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2007
n wat the hell are the likes of Maquez,Henry(formerly Igwe),Viera doing in that list?
well i know kaka will win it.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by whatnext: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
From their posts, you shall know the club they support!!!  grin

Mind you, we may be supporting the same team.  wink
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by tosinadeda: 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2007
Its riquelmie 4 me
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by ayusman16(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
can u imagine, no arsenal players, i smell foul!
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by salehm(m): 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
not even Cesc Fabregas embarassed
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by tosinadeda: 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2007
Dnt make me laugh abeg,cesc who?
Dnt get me wrong o,he is good but dsnt deserve2 b listed.U av2 b like a magician2 b listed at that age
u wnt dare compare him2 messi,dats a young guy who is more of a magician
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by tosinadeda: 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2007
Dnt make me laugh abeg,cesc who?
Dnt get me wrong o,he is good but dsnt deserve2 b listed.U av2 b like a magician2 b listed at that age
u wnt dare compare him2 messi,dats a young guy who is more of a magician
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by hustler(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2007
I wonder what criteria ppl have chosen to adopt to nominate some of these players. What are ppl like Henry,Vieira and Nesta doin there.Ppl that spent most of last season on d treatment table.

But they decided to leave out the golden boot winner Totti, golden boy of Inter, Zlatan and prolific hitman Luca Toni.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by McOmo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
Hustler . . .well said !
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by ritchboy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2007
dont mind dem.ALL these awards are TRASH! How can TOTTI be excluded? Wat r d likes of canavaro doin there? And since they included henry and no arsenal player then i guess he was arsenals BEST player last season. I dont even no wat makes dis award so 'prestigious',to me its CRAP.i hav 10 times more faith in the pfa player of d year award in england.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2007
Buffon based on Serie B performances,
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by McOmo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2007
even if BUFFON was keeping goal for Sootin' stars, he will still outshine all others without a doubt ! cool
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by cooljoe(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2007
I think Totti more than desreves a place in that list, personally I'll give him fiffth poaition, behind Kaka, C.Ronaldo, Messi, and Ibrahimovich.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Syenite(m): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2007
@POSTER,
Are you not Tope Orekoya,Doyin Orekoya's elder brother?I am 1 of your family friends-an ex-OSUITE.I'm sure you'll know who I am when I reveal my Identity.I learnt you now work with IBTC-Chartered Bank.I'm currently in Warri and I see Doyin often.

It is a pitty no Nigerian made the list.Not even the likes of Yakubu, Mikel, Martins and Kanu. Any ways, Kaka is the favourite for the title.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by ayefele200(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2007
Syenite:

@POSTER,
Are you not Tope Orekoya,Doyin Orekoya's elder brother?I am 1 of your family friends-an ex-OSUITE.I'm sure you'll know who I am when I reveal my Identity.I learnt you now work with IBTC-Chartered Bank.I'm currently in Warri and I see Doyin often.
hmmmmmmmmmm, scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by RuuDie(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2007
Hope Messi or Riquelme cop it this time. . . . . . had enuff of Brazilian players feeling like they're every, every!
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Syenite(m): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2007
Ayefele 200,
What do you know about scams?Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2007
I can't wait to see the last three.
C.Ronaldo and Kaka are ahead of their peers.
They must be among the last three
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by ayefele200(m): 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2007
Syenite:

Ayefele 200,
What do you know about scams?Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
hush man, u sound like one too
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2007
This is a sport thread please!
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by RuuDie(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2007
I'm a UTD fan but 4 some  personal reasons, i really don't w'anna see C.Ronaldo on that final short-list!
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Syenite(m): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2007
Ayefele200,
You make me laugh girl.Any way it's not your fault.May be you have interest in me. I am not married and can give you my contact details if you want so you can know how much of a great scammer I am. wink
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by topeorekoy(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2007
Syenite:

@POSTER,

whats up? its obvious u knw me with all the things u listed above. but u didnt reveal ur identity. what r u doing in warri?
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by tkb417(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2007
@Ayefele
You need to check urself gurl
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by dayokanu(m): 9:31am On Oct 17, 2007
Kaka to win the awards but messi has been in awesome form of late. If messi can Maintain the momentum he should win next years Hardly a fortnight goes without Messi scoring a wonder goal. Did it again last night against Venezuela
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2007
to everybody
Get this fact into your heads,
this list was chosen, based on
last season's performance
If you can't find the player of your favourite
team, am sure you were no where to be found
in your home league.

Talking to arsenal fans
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by ritchboy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2007
r human beigns dis FOOLISH?
So i guess henry was arsenals BEST player last season.Tink b4 u talk.
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by topeorekoy(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2007
dason4life:

to everybody
in your home league.

Talking to arsenal fans

dason4life,

us till dey take that u thing. na wah oooooooooo. i tot u would have stopped. anyway how is school?
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by tkb417(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2007
to everybody
in your home league.

Talking to arsenal fans
u too dey abuse people u this dason4life guy
Re: Fifa World Footballer Of The Year: Shortlisted Players by benlay(m): 7:28am On Oct 18, 2007
yeah,read tru the list not bad though,but i know our own Milan King KAKA will win it this time around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pele & The Nigerian Civil War / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast Today At 8pm (african Nations Beach Soccer Cup). / Why Doesn't Emmanuel Adebayor Play For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.