Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police (6291 Views)

House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash / Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President / Reps Move To Criminalise Late, Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by supereagle(m): 5:37am On Jan 20, 2012
A bill to alter the 1999 Constitution to remove the word ‘Force’ from the Nigeria Police Force passed second reading in the House of Representatives.

The objective of the bill is to delete the word ‘Force’ so that it will read ‘Nigeria Police.’

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the bill was unanimously adopted by the House when put to vote by Speaker Aminu Tambuwal.

Leading debate on the general principles of the bill, Mr. Jagaba Adams (PDP-Kaduna), argued that there was the need to remove the word ‘Force’ from the Nigeria Police.

According to him, a name affects the behaviour of people and this could be the reason the police use force most times.

“A name constitutes so much, name definitely attracts attention,” he said and urged his colleagues to support the passage of the bill.

Mr. Yakubu Balogun (ACN-Lagos), who supported the bill, said the word ‘Force’ should be expunged from the Nigeria Police.

Mr. Arua Arunsi (PDP -Abia) in his contribution, said the word ‘Force’ was not in tandem with the saying that, “The police is your friend.”

Emmanuel Jime (PDP -Benue) and Eddie Mbadiwe (APGA-Imo), all spoke in favour of the bill.

The Speaker, however, referred the bill to the special Ad hoc Committee on Constitution Review for more legislative input.

http://www.punchng.com/news/reps-move-to-remove-force-from-police/
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by ziga: 5:45am On Jan 20, 2012
roflmfao!!!
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by jmaine: 5:52am On Jan 20, 2012
Leading debate on the general principles of the bill, Mr. Jagaba Adams (PDP-Kaduna), argued that there was the need to remove the word ‘Force’ from the Nigeria Police.

According to him, a name affects the behaviour of people and this could be the reason the police use force most times

Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Beaf: 6:07am On Jan 20, 2012
We don't need the House of Reps. They and the police should be disbanded.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by jamace(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2012
If you remove force on paper, will the police behave without force on the ground? Just another paper work. grin grin
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by tunnytox(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2012
jamace:

If you remove force on paper, will the police behave without force on the ground? Just another paper work. grin grin
LMAO no be the same police?
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2012
I totall agree with them. Other names to change include

Armed Forces to Unarmed Gentle
House of Rapes to Town Hall of Reps
Goodluck to Wisdom
Patience to Well learned
MEND to Sew
MassSOB to NoMoreCrying
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2012
These Reps never disappoint.
There they go again; leaving ringworm untreated to chase away the flies it attracts instead angry
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by studyineu: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2012
Hahahahahhaa, I have confirmed now that these people are confused, they are there just been sake. Imagine what they are debating just wasting our money on these animals
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Ninapha(f): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2012
When the remove the "force" from the police, they should attach it to their own.  " House of Representing by force"
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by ochukoccna: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2012
And what difference does that make?
Will it stop the budding dictator in Aso Rock?
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2012
Who are those matured mammals representin, certainly not me.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by studyineu: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2012
House of illiterates. Chai I dey vex dieeeeeeeeeee. I feeel like dealing with this guys, before we realize it now they will use up the so called 2012 budget. Hmmmmmmmmmmm aiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Dis guys are playin with us. There salary should be cut by 80% period so that that post will not be attractive again
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by oladayo042: 10:27am On Jan 20, 2012
LOL. Naija Reps no dey carry last.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by sandiyke(f): 10:28am On Jan 20, 2012
Alright. They sud remove force nd add corruption since they r sets of jobless goats leavin pressing issues to debate on insignificant tins. mschewwwww!
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by kulutempa: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2012
I hereby petition the House this morning to make the following amendments:

1.  The House of Reps to be changed to the House of Thieves

2.  Goodluck Jonathan to be changed to Badluck Jonathan

3.  Legislators to be changed to legislooters

4.  Nigerian leaders to be changed to Nigerian looters

5.  Patience Jonathan to be made Emeritus Professor of Nigerian English

Thank you very much.   Have a nice day.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Arosa(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2012
A better bill will be that the Nigerian police are not allowed to brutalize its civilians or take bribe. (If they do, they would be fired)  undecided
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by micheall36: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2012
They have change their uniforms more than twice,now its the word force, why are this cock suckers picking coin while
in a parade, the best thing any one should do in our constitution is IMPLEMENTING CAPITAL PUNISHMENT\DEATH SENTENCE
ON GOVERNMENTAL FUND EMBEZZLEMENT.

This is the only amendment we need in Nigeria constitution.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by 1Dray(m): 10:37am On Jan 20, 2012
Rubbish! These guys r certainly jobless. . . Am really pissed! Mtchewwwwwwww. . .
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Also collect guns from them and let them carry sticks.
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by 1Dray(m): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2012
Rubbish! These guys r certainly jobless. . . Am really pissed! Mtchewwwwwwww. . .
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by blackrules1(m): 10:40am On Jan 20, 2012
of what difference will that make  to their unjust killings?
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by wewe1(m): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2012
Removing force ke? The force in NPF is not enough to keep Boko haram suspect in custody lest alone persecuting them. Let think about removing corruption from Nigeria Police Force

on another development,
I just learnt this morning that police I G is just a Diploma holder When we have people with Masters and Phd, Even proff in Criminology, psychology etc naija i dey hail ooo, cheesy :X
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Hydy(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2012
LMAO,   how Jobless could this guys possibly be?
Are they gonna remove 'Force' from 'AirForce' too?
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Honeycity(f): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2012
whats the difference btw an IG with a Diploma and a presido with a PHD?
same noni, i laugh in Swahili grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by LogicMind: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by chelseabmw(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2012
Their uniform should be changed to WHITE too angry. . . just saying
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by begwong: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2012
when the stripes on a zebra are removed,does that make it a donkey?, it still remains a zebra.same with naija police. From change in uniform thrice to now:change of name with no change in character!
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by emmydee(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2012
''FORCE'' is not part of d problems our police has.
Let this house come up wit something better jor
Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by Les: 11:17am On Jan 20, 2012
Lmfao!
musKeeto:

House of Desecrates to Town Hall of Reps
Goodluck to Wisdom
Patience to Well learned
MEND to Sew
MassSOB to NoMoreCrying

Re: Reps Move To Remove ‘force’ From Police by cbjonstage(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2012
musKeeto:

House of Desecrates to Town Hall of Reps
Goodluck to Wisdom
Patience to Well learned
MEND to Sew
MassSOB to NoMoreCrying

i sniffed u're one of them when i read ur post to enable ur sect operates, abi ?? (Armed Forces to Unarmed Gentle), N50 million ransome to catch dis BH

"MEND to Sew
MassSOB to NoMoreCrying
"
the name of your terrorist group is missing in ur post

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Threatens Niger Deltans / Ike Ekwereamadu Blasts Buhari:'If People Around U Are Criminals,We Are Not' / Oyo LG Poll: Aggrieved PDP Chairmanship Aspirants Sues Oyo PDP, OYSIEC To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.