Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu (25767 Views)

Another Nollywood Actor Is Dying / Photos Another Nollywood Actress Shows Off Breast In Hot Bikini / Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa Is Dead (Pix)... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by tonte23(m): 6:52am On Jan 20, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/618250_Late_David_Ihezie_JPG0e0cda0e894c0b4bc2b8195802062ec8
Nollywood has started this year again on a sad note as it lost one of its veteran actors, David Ihezie, to the pangs of death yesterday, in Enugu.

The Enugu State based actor, who had starred in several movies, died in his home after protracted illness.

Chairman, Enugu State chapter of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ofiafulugu Mbaka, confirmed the death of the prolific actor to Vanguard yesterday.

According to Mbaka, “Ihezie’s death is another big loss to the entertainment sector and Nigeria as a whole. I was made to understand that he had been sick before he finally passed on.

Obviously, nobody would be happy when somebody dies. It’s shocking and there is nothing anyone can do.” Ihezie’s corpse has since been deposited at Ifem Medical centre, Enugu.

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.com/2012/01/20/david-ihezie-is-dead/
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Ndata(m): 7:27am On Jan 20, 2012
picture please!
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by MissyB3(f): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2012
This Ihezie character, though referred to as a veteran actor, seems to be faceless.
None of the sites that broadcast this news seem to have a photo of him, neither does Google. Who e be?

BTW, did someone actually like the original post? I want to believe it's automatic. grin
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by iyatrustee(f): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ been trying to see his pics to put a face to the news all to no avail. my conclusion is dat the man no dey gree show for foto! embarassed embarassed
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by MissyB3(f): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
iyatrustee:

^^^ been trying to see his pics to put a face to the news all to no avail. my conclusion is dat the man no dey gree show for fotoembarassed embarassed
Lol! Oya, make them tell us the movies he starred in na.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Ranoscky(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
r.i.p
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by goldng: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
Rest in peace.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by iyatrustee(f): 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
oh dear! i know him. what a loss sad
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by phreakabit(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
r.i.p
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by binhozie(m): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is the guy. Quiet and Humble
Shocking. R.I.P

Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by wendoworld(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
eya!!! R.I.P!!! sad sad but the man too no young like dat now e go don dey above 70 undecided undecided
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by kizito96(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Ournaija: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
He was a humble man. May his soul RIP.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
I believe the Enugu State Governor won't be so mumuish to set up a Ten man committee to see his funeral done just like his abia counterpart did when Sam Loco Efe died!
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by LEXYLOV: 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2012
E yaaa ! I know the man oo he starred many movies. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by nedu210(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
Its a pity, May his gentle soul RIP.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by aljharem(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in peace. The impact you had on nollywood would not be forgotten soon
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Oh dear! Shocking I didn't even know the man's name. . .even though he was a staple in most of the kind of Nollywood films I really love to watch (the Igbo Kwenu, traditional elders, throat-clearing, Ichie kind of movies). I'm shocked. I would surely miss him in the Igwe's council of elders where he always seemed to belong. RIP Ichie!
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by MrResource(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ichie!  R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Arosa(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
may his soul rest in peace. the first role I saw him play was in things fall apart.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Nchara: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ranks007:

I believe the Enugu State Governor won't be so mumuish to set up a Ten man committee to see his funeral done just li[b]ke his abia counterpart did when Sam Loco Efe died![/b]

May his gentle soul RIP. But where did you read that from? You are wrong; prove yourself right and earn 100 USD.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by chijike(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
he is a regular face in most movies. RIP
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Outstrip(f): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. He was a good actor
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by yeye4live(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
rest in peace
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Thatdave(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Last time i saw him (in the same bus with me) he was quater to go.
I could see that the life was out of him. His legs were so weak and he appeared too old for his age.
I just knew this man is next.
RIP hero.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by purefella(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
r.i.p
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by juman(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Sorry oo.

Condolences to the family and we the fans.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by missKeri(f): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by blackchief(m): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
RIP remember him in Things Fall Apart movie
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by freecocoa(f): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
An Ichie indeed,that's the role he mostly played. May his gentle soul RIP. Nollyood don finish o.
Re: Another Nollywood Veteran Actor David Ihezie Dies In Enugu by bashydemy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
RIP Hero

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uche Pedro Of Bellanaija Dedicates Twin Babies; Julius Agwu & Family Attend (pho / Waje Seeks Death After Finding Peace With The Lord [PICS] / Julius Agwu & His Son Pictured Goofing Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.