Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls (1265 Views)

Opinion: Imminent Internet Outage For Infected Computers on 9th July / Help Phlinx Virus Infected My Hard Drive / Dealing With Trojan Infected Emails and Spammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by ass(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2007
can smeone pls help me., my system is infected with trojan.w32.looksky. i did a virus scan with an updated antivirusnd did not still solve the problem, i also used an antispyare removal dn dis still not help d situation. can smone tell me how i can remove this trojan virus from mysystem.
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by lynxnoon(m): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2007
u can use avg free edition or kaspersky 6.0
all d best
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by wed123(m): 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2007
Follow the steps below exactly in the order I have written:

Step #1

Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

NOTE: If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually Csmiley, and launch from there.

NOTE: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

Step #2

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
Close all other windows before proceeding.
Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

In your next post please include the following reports:
SmitfraudFix report
dss scan reports main.txt and extra.txt
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by wed123(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2007
or better still, try reinstalling windows and avoid doing activites that likely caused your pc to get this virus.
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by inze(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2007
A Norton 2007 should clear it up,

it worked for me .

I n z e
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by codedfoxy: 9:17am On Oct 20, 2007
Trojan.w32.looksky is another name for the Smitfraud/zlob trojan. SmitFraudFix removes trojan.w32.looksky, but you should also check your system for other malware, and use ATF cleaner to clean your temp files when finished.

Instructions to remove Trojan.w32.looksky using SmitFraudFix (by S!Ri)

SmitFraudFix only works with Windows XP or 2000

Download SmitfraudFix:

Use this URL to download the latest version (the file contains both English and French versions):
http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.exe

Use:

* Search:
o Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
o Select 1 and hit Enter to create a report of the infected files. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Clean:

* Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
* Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
* Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infect files.
* You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
* The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.
* A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

* Optional:
o To restore Trusted and Restricted site zone, select 3 and hit Enter.
o You will be prompted: Restore Trusted Zone ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to delete trusted zone.

Note:
process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool". It is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc, processutil.htm

Has SmitFraudFix helped you? A tool like this takes a lot of time to keep updated. Please consider a donation to S!Ri so he can continue his hard work. thumbsup.gif

Are you still having problems with trojan.w32.looksky.

follow this link to meet GEEKS , he can do it better, http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remove-trojan-w32-looksky-removal-instructions-t165752.html
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by theboy0808(m): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2007
Download Kaspersky Internet security 7.0.0.125 not .127
get a valid key
update it
do a complete scan
and the virus is gone!
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by Spiceyblue: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2007
" http://www.simplysup.co" to download or last resort format
Re: Trojan.w32.looksky Infected My System. Need Help Pls by phemygee(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
I am here to help you sort out the problem our system is facing in the hands of this wicked virus. Well, i will prescribe to you KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS 6 OR 7. This will remove it for you.

Thanks and hope you find it useful

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft’s Surface Pro Sells Out Just Hours After Launch / Change Your IP Address In Less Than 1 Min / Advice On Lenovo Ideapad G4070 Intel Dual Core,14 Inch Windows 8.1 Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.