Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 (4750 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Norwich City: 11% (2 votes)
Chelsea: 55% (10 votes)
Draw: 33% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

CapitalOne Cup: Chelsea Vs Swansea (0 - 2) On 9th January 2012 / Chelsea Vs QPR (0 - 1) On 2nd January 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by mukina2: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2012
Always a tricky place to go, Norwich have only lost three of their ten home games to date although the only real test they have passed at Carrow Road was the 4-2 win over high-flying Newcastle.The visit of Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime provides a much tougher examination of their Premier League credentials, while the Blues will be motivated by the prospect of closing the gap at the top for 24 hours at least.With Man City taking on Tottenham and United facing Arsenal on Sunday, a win for Chelsea is a must and they are buoyed by the fact that they have won the last five meetings with Norwich in all competitions - scoring at least three goals in each game.

The Blues have picked themselves up after a troubled period and have lost just one of their last nine Premier League matches, while Frank Lampard has reclaimed his hero status as his last four league goals have all turned draws into wins by a single-goal margin.

In fact, with Fernando Torres looking back to something approaching decent form, Michael Essien returning from injury and the capture of £7 million centre-back Gary Cahill (who could make his debut) to strengthen the defence, 2012 has started well.

Branislav Ivanovic and John Obi Mikel remain sidelined with hamstring injuries, while Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou may be at the African Nations Cup, but three wins from three games suggests that Andre Villas-Boas' New Year's resolution was to instil some confidence into his flagging side.For Paul Lambert's Norwich side - currently in 9th place in the table - confidence is in no short supply. The Canaries have been extremely impressive back in the Premier League, despite the fact they have not kept a clean sheet in their ten Premier League games at Carrow Road this season. Only one defeat (to Tottenham) in eight games has also seen them win their last three.Norwich have kept the core of their Championship-winning side together and it is a move that has earned them much respect. Targets are simple, though, as goalkeeper John Ruddy affirmed during the week: "Everybody talks about the 40-point mark. We're only 12 points off that now and confident that if we keep playing like this we will get to that mark sooner rather than later. The manager won't allow us to think about safety, and he's brought a mentality where there are no big egos in the team."

Indeed, in a squad where captain Grant Holt is relegated to a super-sub role (he has made ten starts and ten from the bench) and still bags seven goals, morale is high and Chelsea will be fully aware that they will have to be at their very best to get a positive result.

Norwich player to watch: Andrew Surman. Tipped for great things when he emerged as a youngster from Southampton a move to Wolves failed to progress his career in 2010 and Norwich snapped him up for a bargain at the start of the season. Surman has had his issues with injury and is still yet to convince that he should be starting every game, but the South African-born midfielder is starting to show his true colours and three goals in his last five games has him back in the spotlight once more.

Chelsea player to watch: Ramires. The Brazilian midfielder took some time to acclimatise to the Premier League, but he looks like a great signing for the Blues after cementing his place in central midfield. The return of Michael Essien from long-term injury gives him competition for his place, but recent form suggests that he would be ahead of the Ghanaian anyway. He is deceptively strong and has developed an eye for goal as well - netting three in his last three games - and rapidly becoming a central figure in the plans of Villas-Boas.

Key Battle: Steve Morison v Gary Cahill. The Canaries' top scorer so far this season with eight goals, Morison has come a long way very quickly since he was playing in the Conference with Stevenage in 2009. Strong and powerful, the striker has led the Norwich line with aplomb and has become one of the first names on the teamsheet for Paul Lambert. With great aerial ability, Chelsea will be aware of the need to nullify his threat and it could be an interesting first test for new signing Gary Cahill. The Bolton defender knows the English game well and also has experience of playing alongside John Terry for his country so no bedding-in period should be needed.

Trivia: Chelsea have picked up the most cards in the Premier League this season (48 yellow, three reds).

Stats: Norwich are good in the air as 41% of the goals they have scored have been headers, the highest proportion in the top flight. Chelsea, though, have won the joint-highest proportion of aerial duels in the Premier League (58%).

Match
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by iconoclast(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2012
i expect this to be a walkover for the blues
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2012
chelsea is winning this by 3

Torres to score 2 goals
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by mikuz(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2012
^
dream of the year!!
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by Oskilala: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

chelsea is winning this by 3

Torres to score 2 goals

Chelsea is wining 3 - 1
Torres is the man
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
GAME ON
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
mikuz:

^
dream of the year!!

dumbest post of the year
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by demla: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
any link to watch this match
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
demla:

any link to watch this match
Try this http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/103257/1/watch-norwich-city-vs-chelsea.html
Chelsea all the way cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2012
Somebody HALA TOREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
executinal:

Somebody HALA TOREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TOOOORRRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS grin
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

TOOOORRRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS grin
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
STAT TUNED! GOALS COMING UYR WAY SOON

WATCH OUT grin
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
We need six points from our next two to stay in the title race and face Man Utd with real chances for the League,
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
I see chelsea loosing this match

OTIJADE - ALELUJAH
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
denony:

OTIJADE - ALELUJAH
fOLK OFF HERE FAST
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit malouda why??
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by demla: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
@executinal,tanx
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by executinal(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
demla:

@executinal,tanx
One love
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
denony:

OTIJADE - ALELUJAH

dnt mind this rascal Bad belle
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
executinal:

fOLK OFF HERE FAST

Yes sir.

Chelsky is loosing
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by Oskilala: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
denony:

OTIJADE - ALELUJAH

with ur voodoo, HOLY GHOST FIRE!!!!!
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
Mata cud hv scord bt Torres is playn fantastically!
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

dnt mind this rascal Bad belle

Yes ooooooooooo
Lamband is out already who else willl follow
playing *Let's go there*  grin
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Oskilala:

with ur voodoo, HOLY GHOST FIRE!!!!!

I catalport the fire back to SENDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
waiting for 2nd half
i can't wait to see john terry cry like little spoilt child grin
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
If I didnt hve the blue blood running in my veins I wouldn't watch the whole 90 minutes. 1st half was rubbish nuff said
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
With Manchester City to face Tottenham and Manchester United to face Arsenal this gameweek , WE SHOULD GET THE THREE POINTS!!
COME ON YOU BLUEMEN!!
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by Oskilala: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

Mata cud hv scord bt Torres is playn fantastically!
TORRESS in Chelsea has made me so Happy,! I love his style of football, u cant find it anywhere, dis applies to MATA.
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Like i said the blue blood in you will soon turn to black blood
when ur chelsky finally lose the game
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by denony(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
Come on Norwich, I know u can do ittttttttttt
Re: Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 by edoyad(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
iconoclast:

i expect this to be a walkover for the blues

True talk, 30 mins to go and we're still waiting for walk to commence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! / Top Scorer / Chelsea Vs Swansea City (4 - 1) On 24th September 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.