Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (55945 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by kizito96(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
They are killing Innocent people while those arrested are being released. Kill these people when captured
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Odunnu: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Many people are outside and left their phones inside. And the networks are faulty. Give it sometime and try again cool. They are fine cool.

Thanx. I had to call up another friend staying in Jigawa whose family live in Kano, he said it didnt affect them. Thank God. Thats one family safe.
I'll keep trying the others even though I cant remember any of them living in the part of town affected.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by BIGERBOY1: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
Why is all this happening in this administration, is he the first southerner to rule the country? And the matter is even compounded by the non chalant attitude of the GEJ government. I dont mean to be sarcastic but it seems our president is a LITERAL BADLUCK to this country.
Haba this is annoying all the govt can do is make excuses and serially display it's incompetence in all national issues.
Unemployment zero, power zero, security zero, poverty alleviation zero, capital project zero CURRUPTION 100%
the earlier we start demanding accountability from govt the better, instead some goons are busy calling pple from one part of the country to the other or blaming one tribe or the other.
BH IS LIKE A CANCER AND LIKE ALL CANCER IT SPREADS. Nowhere is safe unless we demand our govt put an end to this rubbish. Except if the govt is also involved in this mess.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TruthTella(m): 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein can you still hear gunshots?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by mariong(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
@ slam. Wil u shut da bleeep up! Wat is dia if dia is no BH i ask u? Insted f u sayin they get supprt frm som gov't agency u r hia spewin rubisssh. Mtseeew
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Rhino5dm: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
. . .But meanwhile the FG is unleashing soldiers in Lagos to terrorize unarmed civilians. Classic!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Wily1Wily: 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

Do you think its that easy for everyone to just leave the city like that?leave your job knowing your chances of getting another job is almost zero,your children's education,going to start life all over again after a succesful career. why isnt it right for a nigerian to live at peace in any part of his country whether south or north?dont we have a government whose responsibility is to protect us?
Man, u have no power when your opponent is well armed seeking for your head and you walking around unarmed asking for God protection.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

You are really a Kano guy. This is the final struck, my friend. The North is GONE, if nothing drastic is DONE fast. Nevertheless, your family and friends ought to know what is best for them and start preparing to leave. We don't know what awaits kano in days and weeks again.

May the lord be with them.
Amen o, my brother. May God be with them.My family is making preparations to leave for lagos.
This is just too much.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by gabng(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
pics

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
This may be interconnected with the Madalla escape convict.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jmaine: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
20 explo what ?

Not again
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
This act may have being interconnected with the Madalla escape convict.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Anubis: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
stop spreading rumours, the governor is not even in kano
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Odunnu:

Thanx. I had to call up another friend staying in Jigawa whose family live in Kano, he said it didnt affect them. Thank God. Thats one family safe.
I'll keep trying the others even though I cant remember any of them living in the part of town affected.

Good. I pray they are safe. The Main sabon Gari is quite calm but people are vigilant and kinda scared( you know, human nature cheesy). In fact, it is happening in one of the most affluent areas of Kano. And Kano is the major commercial center in the North; so many Nigerians has a friend, relative or anyone who lives there. The North has FINALLY gone to the dogs.

They should start thinking of relocating.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Rhino5dm: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
They better not! Lagos is not a refuse dump.

narttis1:

Amen o, my brother. May God be with them.My family is making preparations to leave for lagos.
This is just too much.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by debosky(m): 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Close to Dangote House huh? I laugh in AREWA.

I see Khaki men downtown Sani Abacha way cheesy.

This is like a movie. I have never experience anything like this. I am adventurous. Just observing and taking note cheesy.

Stay safe first and foremost - don't risk your life for the sake of adventure. If safe to do so please post images of what is going on.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by juman(m): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
Even many people are more angry than boko's guys.

nigeria is not a country.

May God protect the people.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Challas(m): 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
brein:

This act may have being  interconnected with the Madalla escape convict.
It's all about d Madalla escape.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
TruthTella:

Olodostein can you still hear gunshots?

It has calmed down, but we can still hear gunshots. The army is here. I just love these army guys. They are the ones still holding Nigeria TOGETHER.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by hbrednic: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2012
Lordhavemercy,North again   angry angry angry
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
My friends just called dat her husband of seven months was involved at the blast at immigeration and he is in a state of comma.God pls help the innocent poeple.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jmaine: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kano state indigenes would weed them out again
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by BIGERBOY1: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
brein:

This may be interconnected with the Madalla escape convict.
My friend there is no connection at all. When did the madalla guy escape? Do you think you just wake up one morning to plan coordinated attacks with such military precision? Even a week is too small.

The kind of question I expect us to be asking instead of this ethnic ego battles are:
What happened to the alledged 100 BH guys captured some month back?

What happened to the mallam last year importing container of arms? (pardon my French)

What's the news with the Igbo guys cought in Ghana? (no pon intended)

What's the fate of the fake Igbo BH guys sending text msg?

And a whole lot of pending cases,

ABOVE ALL I EXPECT U GUYS TO BE ASKING WHAT ARE THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THESE ARRESTS COZ IT'S EASY TO PARADE ANYBODY AND SAY HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR KENNEDY'S ASSASINATION!

WHAT ARE THE EVIDENCE? BUT I GUESS THAT'S WHY WE ARE AFRICANS WE DON'T THINK OR CARE?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Reference(m): 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
The end product of the battle against corruption are soldiers on the street, necessary, perhaps. The end product of the battle against religion is soldiers on the streets. Meanwhile sectionalism is brewing together with the other dormant national volcanoes. The grand victim of this is democracy which is under threat, internal security, the State and the people in general. The beneficiaries of this constant instability - the corrupt, the bigot, the parasite and the divisive. In summary, the forces that have kept this country backward since independence are strong. We will soon reach the point of decision as to what type of country we wish to live in. I hope we make the right choices.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by narttis1: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

They better not! Lagos is not a refuse dump.

and if they are from lagos state, ?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
debosky:

Stay safe first and foremost - don't risk your life for the sake of adventure. If safe to do so please post images of what is going on.

Thank you for your care bros. I am safe. No be today; e don tey cheesy. It is to be expected. So we have prepared ourselves psychologically. I still trust Kano natives to reign down these guys. If they can't or they switch sides. Bro, there will be lots of movies ahead and the North will FINALLY be gone.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by executinal(m): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Northern Nigeria = Al-Qaeda new base
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
No surprise here, ISLAM in action !!!

Religion of peace my foot !
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jege456: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Called my friends, they confirmed the story and are safe; thank God. Just saw the news on Channels television. Seems they are targeting police stations. Reports indicate that they were well cordinated attacks.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by slam7000(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
@marion g,, Boko haram is a name given to some faceless individuals, and you admit they are getting support from those in govt, truth is they are all the same people with the same agenda, from their military sympathisers to your IG of police Ringim to the borno commissioner of  police.they are all actively involved.Madalla bomb suspect was arrested and for some reason was handed to borno police chief and in some strange circumstances was handcuffed,driven to his house to conduct search then was rescued by some youths.what do you make of that, by the way what happened to the military lieutenant that was with him at abuja when he was arrested.with all the security measures put in place to prevent this,we are still hearing of shooting and bombing of this magnitude, do you truly believe that police and the nigerian army do not know all the people involved in the so called boko haram, i know theres massive corruption in the nigeria but believe me if the police alone want to deal with these,they would,ve done so a long time ago without involving the army, and fyi, theres more to come and they will always go free.they should stop deceiving nigerians with that name boko haram.they simply know what they are doing, my regret is Jonathan is weak and clueless, its time he stake all and deal with this,
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
narttis1:

and if they are from lagos state, ?

Don't mind that dimwit. He is out of touch with reality.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TruthTella(m): 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is a very bad time to have an inept President(GEJ) in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory / President Buhari Appoints Sarki Auwalu As Director, DPR / Dino Melaye In 1990 In Okene (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.