Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (55937 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jodeci(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Why is all this happening in this administration, is he the first southerner to rule the country? And the matter is even compounded by the non chalant attitude of the GEJ government. I dont mean to be sarcastic but it seems our president is a LITERAL BADLUCK to this country.
Haba this is annoying all the govt can do is make excuses and serially display it's incompetence in all national issues.
Unemployment zero, power zero, security zero, poverty alleviation zero, capital project zero CURRUPTION 100%
the earlier we start demanding accountability from govt the better, instead some goons are busy calling pple from one part of the country to the other or blaming one tribe or the other.
BH IS LIKE A CANCER AND LIKE ALL CANCER IT SPREADS. Nowhere is safe unless we demand our govt put an end to this rubbish. Except if the govt is also involved in this mess.

If u were the president what would u have done differently that u know he hasnt done.It is not the best to throw blames in this circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
suggary:

My friends just called dat her husband of seven months was involved at the blast at immigeration and he is in a state of comma.God pls help the innocent poeple.

I am so sorry to hear that Dear. We pray he survives.

Farm center is where the Kano immigration office is located and very affluent area.

Finally, Boko Haram has dared Northern elites and most importantly the security apparatus of the most PARAMOUNT city in the North. We will see how things unfolds.

Stay tuned and be calm.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ifunayalov(f): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
The explosions were well co-ordinated at different parts of the kano city. The targets were mainly policemen and the SSS.
Could this be linked with the fact that Kano muslims refused to be used against christians during the Occupy Nigeria Protest?
What really could have led to this brazen attack? No warning whatsoever?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TRUTHTELA: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nothing new, this was how everything built up from 1966-1970 and it consumed Ironsi, the then Head of State. This might consume Jonathan, Northerners, are not loyal to him, all the drama surrounding the escaped Boko guy & the police top officers is a CASE in STUDY. Northerners are more loyal to their own MAN, (president), TRIBE, RELIGION, et al. Sanusi wrote about El-rufai & Ribadu, as his best & how much he value their friendship, it goes a long way to show how tribalistic he is & where his loyalty lies. he has spent many years in Lagos (South), and there's nobody in the Southern Nigeria that he can hold in high esteem the way he hold his Brodas? My point is, North & South was never the SAME, will not be. It's all about OIL WEALTH. Jonathan should wake up & save his Niger-Delta folks now that he has the power to do it. When a Northener comes on board,it's going to be a BRUTAL pay back time.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by binhozie(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
One of the immigration victim of the kano bombing
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Odunnu: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Good. I pray they are safe. The Main sabon Gari is quite calm but people are vigilant and kinda scared( you know, human nature cheesy). In fact, it is happening in one of the most affluent areas of Kano. And Kano is the major commercial center in the North; so many Nigerians has a friend, relative or anyone who lives there. The North has FINALLY gone to the dogs.

They should start thinking of relocating.

God! I'm yet to hear from my friend that stay in Shagari Qtrs. You said Sani Abacha way, Dangote is affected. If it gets to Zoo Rd. . . God please save your people.
*I need to calm down mehn*
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ade80: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

They better not! Lagos is not a refuse dump.

That is insensitive
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by BabaEleko(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
frosbel:

No surprise here, ISLAM in action !!!

Religion of peace my foot !

Bro, boko haram is a govt. tool. There is more to it than what we are made to believe. Pls look deep.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TRUTHTELA: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
How many more people needs to die before they peacefully RE-NEGOTIATE this geographical entity? I think they should stop that " occupy Nigeria" and start  " Operation Split the Nation" (OSN ), better still, " OCCUPY the SOUTH".
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by LEXYLOV: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
executinal:

Northern Nigeria = Al-Qaeda new base
What do you expect them to do. when they knew very well that Nigeria security system under this clueless administration is lapses. undecided
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Tos87(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
is hotttttttt in Kano right now,, am getting it covered, ,for more report www.tocciokeke@.com
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by edoyad(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
quite unfortunate, the problem is expanding.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
jodeci:

If u were the president what would u have done differently that u know he hasnt done.It is not the best to throw blames in this circumstance.

Stop saying rubbish, part of the job of a president is to protect lives and property. I lost all hope wheN GEJ said "we now know the people that are the sponsors of Boko Haram. They are part of the government , in the FEC and National Assembly". How can a president come out and say that. The only person they captured was set free without any resistance.

GEJ clearly has no clue what the job of a president is. I am not saying this blast was caused by Boko Haram, all I am saying is that GEJ has not been firm enough with ensuring security.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
Odunnu:

God! I'm yet to hear from my friend that stay in Shagari Qtrs. You said Sani Abacha way, Dangote is affected. If it gets to Zoo Rd. . . God please save your people.
*I need to calm down mehn*

They should be save. I can't confirm yet if Dangote house is personally affected. But Bompai is home to many Northern Elites including him.  

I said I could see soldiers guys coming down Sani Abacha way/ Airport Road, heading to affected areas( Mostly affluent areas of the Kano). It is a very straight road to the military, Airforce barracks.

There is an underground campaign against the Elites, i think. But I won't say much yet lipsrsealed.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TRUTHTELA: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
What sort of religion is this? Who brought this CURSE (Islam ) to humanity? Where there's BOMB & MASSACRE, its' Islam. Last two years I was taking pix of Emirate Stadium and two police officers approached me, that they'll like to know why I'm taking pix & who am I? That they're sorry, but have to do their job cos of terrorism stuffs, I replied, " I AM NOT A MUSLIM to begin with, the lady officer, got so MAD, cos she's a muslim ( British Immigrant), she was like, all muslims are not terrorsit, bla, bla, bla, and I replied, HOW COME ALL TERRORIST ARE MUSLIMS? I don't get it.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by talktrue1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
BH will be very difficult to stop because we are tackling it with kids glove
1. The spokesman caught by sss is sentenced to only 3yrs imprisonment by judge
2. the sponsors are allowed to go scott free either by bail or escape, and
3. the suspect that carried the attack are being granted bail
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by phreakabit(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=18pt]Lets all jump on the SNC bandwagon ASAP![/size]
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by nikky5(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Every securitymen and women should have anticipated this attack.The warnings had been persistent in recent times by the boko haram guys.Since the arrest of mallam sokoto the spate of bombings had reduced.Now dat this son of a bitch have gained freedom through the aid of their members on the force,the perfectionist had to clebrate this freedom.More attacks is likely to come  again in other boko haram state.This is indeed a great challenge for this government dat is pursuing shadows in Lagos haunting innocent protesters.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2012
Hey folks, my battery is running down. Gotta run go check out some people.

Jah rastfarai , SAVE US OOOOOO.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jodeci(m): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nashville:

Stop saying rubbish, part of the job of a president is to protect lives and property. I lost all hope wheN GEJ said "we now know the people that are the sponsors of Boko Haram. They are part of the government , in the FEC and National Assembly". How can a president come out and say that. The only person they captured was set free without any resistance.

GEJ clearly has no clue what the job of a president is. I am not saying this blast was caused by Boko Haram, all I am saying is that GEJ has not been firm enough with ensuring security.

Talk is cheap my dear,it is easy for u  to type from the comfort of ur room and beside,the fact that i differ in opinion from yours doesnt make my talk  rubbish.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ASOROCKb(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2012
Divide the fucking nation nah
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by benzion72(m): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
Why are Northern mad since they loose power to the south. At lease they have being ruling since independence. And Nigeria has nothing to show for it even their own North is an empty desert. I think Islamic cleric need to come out and condem killing in its strongest term in their preaching and stop teaching of islam of an heaven of bliss for whoever kill in the name of Allah
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Akwasi(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
How did you guys allow it to get this bad?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Akwasi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
By the way if you need a job, read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849228.0.html
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nyntynplus: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nobody die in this atack, police wr busy waisting bullets for air. This is just a setup to stop the protest tomoro.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Akwasi(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nyntynplus:

Nobody die in this atack, police wr busy waisting bullets for air. This is just a setup to stop the protest tomoro.

You certainly don't know what you are talking about. Not less than 100 people are dead, Channel TV reports
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Odunnu: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
Channels TV reporter in Kano has been killed while filming the attack
Nyntynplus:

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
"My friends just called dat her husband of seven months was involved at the blast at immigeration and he is in a state of comma.God pls help the innocent poeple." angry angry angry
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Akwasi(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
I don't know if you guys realize but this is really getting closer to the South
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by BIGERBOY1: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
benzion72:

Why are Northern mad since they loose power to the south. At lease they have being ruling since independence. And Nigeria has nothing to show for it even their own North is an empty desert. I think Islamic cleric need to come out and condem killing in its strongest term in their preaching and stop teaching of islam of an heaven of bliss for whoever kill in the name of Allah
Why are you making such shallow myopic and lack of depth statement? I gues it is the prevalence of the such mindsets as yours that allow BH to foster.

Wasn't obasanjo from the south why didn't such rubbish reign in his time?

Haba must we take every unfortunate event to promote your bigoted point of view.

Tell me are there no northern casualties in today's attack?

Mehn! It's annoying dealing with such kid minds
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Akwasi(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
Odunnu:

This is getting crazier
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by binhozie(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
Odunnu:

This is probably true because the person on tv now presenting their news is wearing a black armband
Very sad and heroic of him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Transported Himself With Canoe In Ikoyi Due To The Flood. Photos / President Buhari's Tribute To Abba Kyari / Shooting In Owerri As Soldiers And Unknown Gunmen Clash (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.