Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Programming Language To Study - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Language To Study (1239 Views)

Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / The Most Valuable Programming Language To Know For The Future & Why? / Which Is The Best Programming Language To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Language To Study by benfica(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2007
please can somebody  advice me on which programming language to go for
Re: Programming Language To Study by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
try fortran or Prolog just kidding

It depends on what you want to do with the language. .

either Java or C# is suitable these days. (or both).
Re: Programming Language To Study by Stanozcom(m): 3:04am On Oct 12, 2007
Judging from your question; you're a newbie; a JJD. Fela had a lot to say about the likes of you. wink

Listen to me.
Learn Beginner's All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code -- BASIC.

That is considered by almost all teachers the world over as the best, safest, and friendliest entry-level programming language.

It'll teach you how a computer thinks.

Re: Programming Language To Study by AhmedGuru(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2007
It depends on what kinds of programming you want be doing. For example PHP seems to best for developing basically web application while java is better when it comes to mobile application development. Although most modern languages are chosen basically not necessarily because of power (because any of them can be used to develop anything) but for personal preferences. As a beginner, you need a programming language that can really teach you how computer thinks. If you want to learn that with ease, BASIC will be the best choice. But if you think you are a very strong guy that will not be discouraged with bugs and debugging, Java or C# or any other modern language is cool for a start.

But please, you have to be ready to drink a lot of coffee and read while trying out few lines of code in the beginning.

Good Luck
Re: Programming Language To Study by zionmega(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2007
Well for me that want to study computer science what are the things you think I can prepare for or looking forward to encounter with in the course of my study
Re: Programming Language To Study by laa(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2007
To computer science in nigerian schools i think you better go learn fortran,basic,cobol and introduction to java and C++
Re: Programming Language To Study by SmartK1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 01, 2007
Learn C#. its good 4 both desktop and web if u ask. It combines securty of JAVA with RAD of VB, sytax of C, OOP of C++ grin grin grin grin grin

Dont mind me. Just learn c#. Its the best 4 u, 4 now.
Re: Programming Language To Study by denguru: 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2007
hey, benfica, are you sure you really want to know? i mean the whole programming languages are great but if you like you can take on c++.
denguru.
Re: Programming Language To Study by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2007
I can link you up with some video tutorials you can use for your study.
Re: Programming Language To Study by onadebi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2007
---------------
Re: Programming Language To Study by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2007
onadebi:

benefica,
like you i'm wondering what programming language to go for as well. In school-UNIBEN we were thought Fortran in my 1st semester this year,,, and i can tell you that it is a crappy language. I also have a foundational knowledge of how to use vb6.0 but i want to step up into something futuristic and robust. what i'm trying to say is this. Ya'll talk some good stuff, and i'll appreciate some advice on enlightening me on which language is better ; JAVA or C# (with reasons) I want to know before i go buy a book i'll regret later. cheers!!!

You need to go out there and do research. There are people who today work daily writing FORTRAN and do really well at it. It is a matter of you going out to research and understand where you would like to plug yourself in the industry. No one language is really better than the other, it is all a matter of preference.

(1) (Reply)

Help: C Language And MPI ? (urgent Plz) / How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? / Microscope Kit And Accesories Sales At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.