Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

An Assessment On The State Of The STATE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Assessment On The State Of The STATE (6109 Views)

Latest Assessment On Chibok Girls / Atiku's Assessment On Pmb's Govt- The Nation / What's Ur Assessment on Gov. T.A Orji's Administration So Far In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
To all the innocent lives lost in yesterday's carnage, may their souls rest in peace.  May God comfort their loved ones, Amen.

Currently there are three governments running simultaneously in this country -  1) An elected but weak government led by GEJ,  2) an unelected government that refuses to recognize the elected government and 3) an interest group that refuses to yield its grip on the economy.  Everyone else beside these three are bench warmers in Abuja, following the random flow of events, happy for what the day brings and scared to rock the boat.

boko is an auxiliary of 2 and oil subsidy is core to the interest of 3.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by nduchucks: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2012
To be honest, the security situation continues to get worse and I have run out of scenarios where the current regime would remain in place for another year.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
1 is a bad place to be as the situation stands. If 2 does not get him, 3 will. . . .

Maybe I missed it. . . Has the government made any statement on the event yesterday?
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Gbawe: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

To all the innocent lives lost in yesterday's carnage, may their souls rest in peace.  May God comfort their loved ones, Amen.

Currently there are three governments running simultaneously in this country -  1) An elected but weak government led by GEJ,  2) an unelected government that refuses to recognize the elected government and 3) an interest group that refuses to yield its grip on the economy.  Everyone else beside these three are bench warmers in Abuja, following the random flow of events, happy for what the day brings and scared to rock the boat.

boko is an auxiliary of 2 and oil subsidy is core to the interest of 3. 

very succinct analysis of what obtains currently. 2 , in the end , will likely get its way because of how 1 is too compromised to ever move decisively and destroy 2. Very easy for 2 to act boldly because it is conscious of how 1, via how it came to inherit office,  will never have the forthrightness to expose and tackle 2 publicly.  

The efficacy and impunity of 2 also grows in direct relation to how 3 is too hideously avaricious to ever embrace the self-sacrifice that will support 1 to liberate Nigeria from the madness 2 wishes to create by all means. All in all, we are all to blame. We let a vacuous class of greedy empty barrels (OBJ, IBB, Anenih et al) oversee the recruitment process that churns out the most influential leaders in the land for the past decade. When we all derelicted our duties, comically illustrated by our entertainers who danced like court jesters and composed "goodluck" songs, then perhaps we deserve what is happening now.

It is only in Nigeria that folks, because of religious and ethnic bias, would ignore those who have given it all for Nigeria to go and pick a man who stands for nothing at all and was mediocrity personified his entire political life. I am convinced that 2 will win while 1 and 3 remains composed of the same clueless underperformers too weak, compromised , greedy, unprincipled and selfish to move decisively and do what is needed to save Nigeria.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by russellino: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nice analysis Negro. Its a pity the military has been heavily compromised and watered down. Ordinarily the khaki boys should at this time be smashing down all d enemies of the state with their jackboots.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
Gbawe,

Good!

Boko, yesterday in Kano, put up a shock and awe exhibition of what its capable of executing on the ground and in an urban sprawl.  It did not spare any class of neighbourhood, it attacked facility in the poor neighborhood, working class neighborhood and GRA neighborhood.  It was a show and tell moment to parade its stealth, scalability and dare for all to see and scuttle back into our protective shells.  It worked!  

Going on 16hrs now and the govt is yet to find its voice and speak.  I called last night to follow up and get updates on OPC meeting and learnt shockingly that Gej was shipped out of Abuja yesterday, soon after the Kano incident.  It is rumored that boko is in town and surveilling.  Can you believe that shyt?  I dont know but I guess they are putting mossad or whoever foreigner they have on security contract on the street to sweep and lock down the perimeter first before they return him.  This is fvcking crazy!!  I cant believe it!!!

boko will paralyze this govt sufficiently enough that Gej will start to rule his regime far away from Abuja. . . thereby creating a vacuum and a splinter govt.  One in Abuja, the other in the creek.

President needs a recovery plan. . . .  fast forward mode
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
Thnx Russell!

You are correct on that statement bout military. So why, . . . what's stopping their quick action?
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by russellino: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^ the first reason is a wily old fox called OBJ. During his stint as president he ensured that the military stayed far far away from "politics". He retired, fired and at times even silenced senior officers liable to get involved in all matters within the purview of civilian life. He then scattered personnel across the country, putting northerners in the south and vice versa.

Second and most serious is that our armed forces are heavily compromised along religious lines. I read a wikileak excerpt bout a year ago saying this and I didn't believe it. I always felt the military was an unbreakable cult. Now I know better.

I know I'll get beat down for this but screw it, I miss the certainty of life under the military. There was almost no freedom of speech and u couldn't diss your govt as u like but so what? We diss goodluck all day and he still aint doing jack
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by ayinba1(f): 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
Gbawe:

very succinct analysis of what obtains currently. 2 , in the end , will likely get its way because of how 1 is too compromised to ever move decisively and destroy 2. Very easy for 2 to act boldly because it is conscious of how 1, via how it came to inherit office,  will never have the forthrightness to expose and tackle 2 publicly.  

The efficacy and impunity of 2 also grows in direct relation to how 3 is too hideously avaricious to ever embrace the self-sacrifice that will support 1 to liberate Nigeria from the madness 2 wishes to create by all means. All in all, we are all to blame. We let a vacuous class of greedy empty barrels (OBJ, IBB, Anenih et al) oversee the recruitment process that churns out the most influential leaders in the land for the past decade. When we all derelicted our duties, comically illustrated by our entertainers who danced like court jesters and composed "goodluck" songs, then perhaps we deserve what is happening now.

It is only in Nigeria that folks, because of religious and ethnic bias, would ignore those who have given it all for Nigeria to go and pick a man who stands for nothing at all and was mediocrity personified his entire political life. I am convinced that 2 will win while 1 and 3 remains composed of the same clueless underperformers too weak, compromised , greedy, unprincipled and selfish to move decisively and do what is needed to save Nigeria.

Gbawe, I need to contact you via email off NL. Pls send me a contact email- ayinba@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by NegroNtns(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
I see!

What was the thinking behind OBJ reconfiguring the distribution as you outlined?

Not to discount what you say as the lead in to the current status of inaction by our military, but we have a military that is highly staffed by the male gender.  The male ego, naturally is to be independent and self-leading.  This tendency is tamed while undergoing cadet training so they come out redefined into team and organization or, . . corporate thinking, weaned of the of the individual and egotistical leanings.  They have an heirarchy, so to speak!  

We should be proactive in our security response. . . thats the purpose of intelligence.  To anticipate, analyze and pinpoint threats and respond rapidly to kill it before it becomes a issue.  So far thats has not been our style. . .we react, instead of forecast.

The military should have different contingencies for different scenarios.  When called out the tactic to be deployed must be appropriate for the situation on the ground.  You cannot go with riot fighting preparation to face a terro insurgency.  

So there is strategy, there is tactics, both working hand in hand as a team to suppress threat.

Then there is morale!  The message from top must be concise and unambigous, it must be supportive, consistent, and reinforcing.  Even when it seems the army is being outmanuevered, the message sent out must first consider the effect on their morale and edited as necessarry to safeguard that first principle.  They have not had that.  Commands from top has been distracting and confusing. . . .when they go on assault and the locality is impacted in any small way the soldiers are withdrawn in response to the sentiments in the locality.

Part of the terror contingency should plans for evacuating aa locallity caught in  a face off fight.  

So in addition to many missing parts of the total framework for sa solid and reassuring sec urity, one the citizen can have trust in. . . .we have a lot to do.  

This army cannot fight boko because even within their ranks in the field, orders and commands are muddled and diverted to create confusion.   A movement in the night is already communicated to boko and they are there on location first leading to ambush of the army personneelll.  How does that happen an?
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Korrection(m): 9:27am On Jan 22, 2012
@Negro_ntns, GBAM!!!!, The only reasonable contribution you have made since the NL started operation!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 22, 2012
The silent Northerners will wake up one day and realize that the mayhem they sponsor destroys no other region than theirs. They will be set back 30 yrs in history.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by AbisMan: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2012
Do you thinks could have been Better if Saraki, Utomi, Buhari or Dele Momodu were the president?
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by member479760: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2012
Too much grammar up there!
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by prodam(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2012
this is one of the best topics posted in reaction to the recurrent unrest in the Nation,

an assessment, hmmmmm, i have got  a 3000-word essay on that,

briefly, the state of the country is devastating and more unfortunate, is that it is also deteriorating,
we should disagree to agree, but in Nigeria, we are disagreeing to disagree more,
the cause of this problem is not far-fetched at all, the affairs of this nation lie in the hands of a set of people who willingly request to lead us and made promises
they did swear to an oath, they read the Pledge, they told us they are ready to engineer the affairs of the nation for 4 years, they are our LEADERS right from the stewpid President down to the "illiterate" Councillors,
the set of people are to be held accountable and responsible for the affairs of the Nation just as a Vice Chancellor is held responsible for what happens in "his" university
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by DanKan0: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2012
Ive always suspected GEJ is not in control of the country 'fully' and that includes the army. Somtin dey in Aso Rock ooo. GEJ has admitted Boko Haram in Govt, thats why he slow to react . He is scared he doesnt want to step on big toes. Thats why you see these Niger Delta people putting out statements by proxy speaking on behalf of GEJ
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by worm(f): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2012
Yes too mush grammar but i loved it.

Negro you the bomb. Gbawe too
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by otondo55: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2012
We must go back to board, discussion on how we can live together as a nation is of utmost important.

If not give every one to what he believe and way of live.

We must not be One-Nigeria, which we are not.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by DanKan0: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2012
otondo55:

We must go back to board, discussion on how we can live together as a nation is of utmost important.

If not give every one to what he believe and way of live.

We must not be One-Nigeria, which we are not.

What dont you understand of : 'It is not in the intrest of Nigerias Elites for the country to discuss anything, until they are removed Nigeria will not have a SNC let alon split'

Please analyse and shine eye well regarding what I bolded.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by doofanc: 10:31am On Jan 22, 2012
As far as i'm concerned, 1 and 3 are inextricably linked.

As for 2, theirs is a little murky. Are thier aims religious, as they claim, or more political ie toppling of 1? Whatever the case, the signs are not pretty at all.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by member479760: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2012
HOW TO PASSWORD FLASH DRIVE

1. make some folders in the USB drive
2. Create new folder name it e.g BEJ
3. drage folder # 1 into folder #2
4. open command prompt

type your flash directory:

e.g

Lsadhit enter)
L:\> attrib BEJ a+ +h (hit enter) the folder disappear

5. open notepad, paste the bellow, change pass to your own and echo protect by to anything

@echo off
set pass=biancabej
echo please enter password
set /p ui=
if %ui%==%pass% (goto open)
echo protected by BH
pause
exit
:open
start BEJ

6. save it your flash drive as clueless.bat

7. download Bat to exe converter install and use it to convert it to exe file.

8. Enjoy
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by publisher(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2012
The real victim of this Boko Haram saga are the Hausa/fulani muslims themselves. Yes,southerners and xtians have been attacked and killed,many have relocated down south. Who looses?
The North as we know it has been successfully divided,this is what the likes of Ahmadu Bello dreaded the most. The christian tribes of the middle belt have finally divorced tha Hausa/Fulani for good. As it stands now,a Hausa muslim will never win a presidntial election in todays Nigeria. Buhari had to discover that himself.
The attacks on Kano and the indiscreminate killing of kano muslim citizen is probably a good omen for GEJ,as a further division btw sympathizers of BH amongst the Hausas has emerged.
At the end of the day,the war against BH will be fought and won by conservative muslim Hausas who are about now counting their looses from recent attacks.
GEJ is a christian and southerners theres a limit to how he would have handled BH without being branded as a christian crusader or ethnic bigot by mischievious northern interests.
Strategy wins.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by jamace(m): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2012
The security situation in the country is at a dangerous level which if not checked will lead to a bloody separation of the component parts of Nigeria. As it is now, I don't really know what to say about the whole Boko Haram escapades. BH are more daring than ever because their members arrested are treated with kid gloves by the govt. When I say govt, I mean ALL the arms of govt, not the executive alone. The Legislative arm are more concerned about her salaries and allowances, no legislative direction for the executive to act upon, on how to deal with the BH sect. The judiciary on the other hand, gives bail sentences. In fact, the only jail term the judiciary has given that I know was a mere 3 years term to a confirmed BH  sponsor.  Tell me, where is the deterrence to BH in all the activities of the court?

Do I need to mention how the police are sabotaging the govt little efforts in smashing the syndicate? It is obvious. While the BH are bombing police stations and killing the men, the police high command is busy playing politics of religion and tribe with a key BH culprit; allowing him to escape and insulting Nigerians with a co-ck and bull story of his escape.

These are really trying times for the govt of GEJ. The earlier he realises the implication of the unfolding security threat to the coperate existence of his domain, the better for him and us the subjects. The time is too ripe for drastic actions to be taken against any saboteur in his govt, whether political saboteurs or economic saboteurs. The era of "things will naturally sort themselves out" is over. GEJ must act NOW or expect a dis-membering of Nigeria in the nearest future.

Over to you, GEJ.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by brojero: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2012
so basically
1. GEJ has little control over police and army.
2. He is now relying on Isreali mercenaries for personal security

For me personally, his inability to address the nation or visit the bombed areas is a telling sign of the weak position he is in.

I give him 2 months, tops, in the current situation
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2012
jamace:

The security situation in the country is at a dangerous level which if not checked will lead to a bloody separation of the component parts of Nigeria. As it is now, I don't really know what to say about the whole Boko Haram escapades. BH are more daring than ever because their members arrested are treated with kid gloves by the govt. When I say govt, I mean ALL the arms of govt, not the executive alone. The Legislative arm are more concerned about her salaries and allowances, no legislative direction for the executive to act upon, on how to deal with the BH sect. The judiciary on the other hand, gives bail sentences. In fact, the only jail term the judiciary has given that I know was a mere 3 years term to a confirmed BH  sponsor.  Tell me, where is the deterrence to BH in all the activities of the court?

Do I need to mention how the police are sabotaging the govt little efforts in smashing the syndicate? It is obvious. While the BH are bombing police stations and killing the men, the police high command is busy playing politics of religion and tribe with a key BH culprit; allowing him to escape and insulting Nigerians with a co-ck and bull story of his escape.

These are really trying times for the govt of GEJ. The earlier he realises the implication of the unfolding security threat to the coperate existence of his domain, the better for him and us the subjects. The time is too ripe for drastic actions to be taken against any saboteur in his govt, whether political saboteurs or economic saboteurs. The era of "things will naturally sort themselves out" is over. GEJ must act NOW or expect a dis-membering of Nigeria in the nearest future.

Over to you, GEJ.

You are absolutely right. Things have gotten out of hand and it seems GEJ is completely clueless. He has not done anything except to give meaningless speeches. The sponsors of Boko Haram are highly placed individuals whom GEJ is afraid of confronting. He has said we will have to live with it, but my question is that for how long - only time will tell.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by otondo55: 11:23am On Jan 22, 2012
'It is not in the intrest of Nigerias Elites for the country to discuss anything, until they are removed Nigeria will not have a SNC let alon split'

So will they never know peace in their house-hold and life.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2012
The USA predicted a possible brake up on or before 2015. Boko Haram emerged and carried out activities that validate their predictions, Govt become ineffective to handle them. High profile attack continue, Govt admit compromise in the nation's security system. The presido felt unsave and had to be smuggled out of Asorock as hinted by someone above, presido deploy troups and and move masively miliatary ware to lagos without serious civil disturbances, USA war ship arived in Lagos probably in an attempt to move down to lagos. My fellow compatrouts, prepare 4 d imminent break-up. Eventhough i don't like that but we seem to be helpless.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by ochukoccna: 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ jamace,
GEJ is not a king&Nigerians are not his SUBJECTS.
Pls take note.
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
Gej dis Gej dat, guys abeg cut the guy some slack naa.

Objs legacy was to wrest Nigeria's political destiny from a small cabal (havent we had a huge  of that word already?) of king makers.

The cabal is clearly fighting tooth and nail to regain control but its game over already cos if they push their luck too far, I suspect that by 2015, there will be no Federal Republic of Nigeria for them to preside over.

Chikena!!
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by ochukoccna: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2012
This poo is deeper than we ever imagined
1 needs to go to salvage Nigeria
2&3 must be destroyed to birth a new Nigeria
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
untill GEJ grows some balls and starts assasinating pple, then more nonsence will still come up, no body should be stronger than the government and the government doesnt need to be friendly with everybody, apparantly GEJ doesnt know this, he thinks we are here to hold hands and sing "kumbaye" angry
Re: An Assessment On The State Of The STATE by dvee2: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
What dont you understand of : 'It is not in the intrest of Nigerias Elites for the country to discuss anything, until they are removed Nigeria will not have a SNC let alon split'

Please analyse and shine eye well regarding what I bolded.

Correct^^^ When you call for SNC who are the people going there to discuss? The same compromise people in Government who want to protect their personnal interest at all cost. At the end millions down the drain and nothing achieved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKED! See Who Is Standing Next To President Jonathan (photos) / Peter Obi Advises IMO State Governor, Ihedioha On 4 Dangers Ahead Of Him / APM, ADC Guber Candidates In Jigawa Decamp To APC, Endorse Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.