Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,553 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg (8776 Views)

Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by freegaza(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
Why wouldnt boko haram continue bombing when the goverment doesnt care about her citizens.Over 150 people were killed(according to bbc hausa)and yet the goverment thinks is not a big deal.SHAME SHAME SHAME
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
It is a new reality we have to live with according to our clueless and incompetent president. No comments, nothing to reassure the people, total silence!!!
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
Do we honestly need a statement every other time the people decide to notice what has become an almost daily occurrence in the country? @Poster, I bet millions of Nigerians did not notice the many bombings even since January 1st, while they were still complaining about fuel subsidy.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
What a shame almost 24 hours
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by doctokwus: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
Was expecting that as soon as d first report came in;relevant security chiefs wud av bn in d president's situation room,getting updates as they come in from news media,social media& people on d ground.If I cud b getting updates just by opening Nland,I wud expect that d pres wud b getting more;unless I overestimate d govt to understand what info gathering,particularly wt security issues entail.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by eghost247(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
they should have a made a statement by now this is disappointing people lost people they care about in a horrible way
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
Abeg let GEJ sleep Jo, he has been under so much stress recently. grin
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
doctokwus:

Was expecting that as soon as d first report came in;relevant security chiefs wud av bn in d president's situation room,getting updates as they come in from news media,social media& people on d ground.If I cud b getting updates just by opening Nland,I wud expect that d pres wud b getting more;unless I overestimate d govt to understand what info gathering,particularly wt security issues entail.

You are asking for too much. This can only happen if the government is accountable to the people. Someday when Boko Haram gets to Aso Rock, we will see something like that.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by mpmp: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
The reason the FG has not made an official statement is because they haven't been officially informed.

Officially informed? Yes, its usually the CNN or the BBC that calls them to give them an update about what is happening on ground.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
What do you expect GEJ to say. The usual "we know the sponsors of Boko Haram, they are in my government, and in the senate and house of reps". I will prefer he says nothing actually because it is obvious he is not prepared to do anything about Boko Haram. Kabir Sokoto was allowed to escape and some Boko Haram suspect accussed last year have all been granted bail.

As GEJ said earlier in the year, "bombings are a burden we will have to live with".
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ismhab(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
The stupi.d president will never say anything until it is too late.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by ochukoccna: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
Shiish!
Quiet please.
He's [Ebele] busy trying up to set up a committee to investigate the Kano blasts. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Within hours on 9/11,George Bush was seen helping out in the carnage. Hours after Hurricane Katrina, he was slow in response and can't forgive himself for that until today.

But here is your President; so uncharismatic and basically out of with with reality.

I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by lookmangiw(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Wetin dem wan talk wey we never hear before.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by BBDelta(m): 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
WHAT ELSE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF DR. GOODLUCK OMOKIYOVWO AKPOJEVYOWIE EBELE JONATHAN? HE HAS VOWED TO CONDEMNED FUTURE ATTACKED BY BOKOHARAM AND HAS ASKED NIGERIANS TO LIVE WITH THE BOMBINGS, SINCE ITS HAS COME TO STAY, ABEG I DEY GO BUY SUYA,
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by babaowo: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
what is FG statement will change in this matter When another bomb is about to explode.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
This 9/11 or whatever you want to call it now, has been going on for weeks. Why do you need a SPEECH now? Since january 1st , Aljazeera has been reporting on the killings for weeks. The Government has said near nothing of it all this time, and people did not care then, so why care now?
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This 9/11 or whatever you want to call it now, has been going on for weeks. Why do you need a SPEECH now? Since january 1st , Aljazeera has been reporting on the killings for weeks. The Government has said near nothing of it all this time, and people did not care then, so why care now?

The people do care, it's just that no one is listening to them, and this will be the undoing of this government.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
the man is busy filling his tear ducts

just be patient
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by sanchymike: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
mpmp:

The reason the FG has not made an official statement is because they haven't been officially informed.

Officially informed? Yes, its usually the CNN or the BBC that calls them to give them an update about what is happening on ground.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

The people do care, it's just that no one is listening to them, and this will be the undoing of this government.

Really? How many protests against Boko Haram and the Government's handling of the situation for the past 2 years, have you witnessed or seen in the last 2 years? The people care so much that they go about their daily lives as if they don't, right? The those who even wail, do so because they seem to have another opportunity to play the "VICTIM" card by claiming people of their ethnicity are the ones being targetted when in fact that is so far from the case?

Next, time, before you tell us what you think, make sure it at least lines up with the facts on the ground.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
It's normal, let's live with the news.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Kobo, reply direct to my post cool. Are you still mad at me? grin.   TRUCE?

I assume you are right. The people and the government don't know what they want. Talk about Misplaced priorities. This is why I have given up on this country. I want a bold move and someone to prove me otherwise and make me have FAITH in this project again.

Shalom cool.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Really? How many protests against Boko Haram and the Government's handling of the situation for the past 2 years, have you witnessed or seen in the last 2 years? The people care so much that they go about their daily lives as if they don't, right? The those who even wail, do so because they seem to have another opportunity to play the "VICTIM" card by claiming people of their ethnicity are the ones being targetted when in fact that is so far from the case?

Next, time, before you tell us what you think, make sure it at least lines up with the facts on the ground.

Nigerians do not have to protest against Boko Haram for the government to be alive to it's responsibilities. This is why we have a government, otherwise people should be going around with AK47s to protect themselves and their families.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

Kobo, reply direct to my post cool. Are you still mad at me? grin.   TRUCE?

I assume you are right. The people and the government don't know what they want. Talk about Misplaced priorities. This is why I have given up on this country. I want a bold move and someone to prove me otherwise and make me have FAITH in this project again.

Shalom cool.
I have no clue who you are or what you mean when you ask if I am still mad at you.

My post is directed at the posters pretending that this ought to have happened as if we have demanded it be the norm, as against the 'not caring' responses to the situation for a while now, and yours is not the only post.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Nigerians do not have to protest against Boko Haram for the government to be alive to it's responsibilities. This is why we have a government, otherwise people should be going around with AK47s to protect themselves and their families.

Oh! Nigerians do not have to protest against what they do not like, BUT it being allowed anyways? Really?

Government is supposed to AUTOMAGICALLY read the minds of the people, and assume that when it is doing something and people say nothing, then it is OK? Abi? Cause that seems to be exactly what we are getting but you are complaining of here.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh! Nigerians do not have to protest against what they do not like, BUT it being allowed anyways? Really?

Government is supposed to AUTOMAGICALLY read the minds of the people, and assume that when it is doing something and people say nothing, then it is OK? Abi? Cause that seems to be exactly what we are getting but you are complaining of here.

The first responsibility of any government is the protect the people against all threats, whether foreign or domestic. Yes, the government is supposed to AUTOMATICALLY respond to anything that will threaten the lives and security of Nigerians.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

I am sorry to say but you are wrong in your assertion. This is why Thomas Jefferson said;

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. , And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Shalom cool,
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you implying we should start protesting against Boko Haram? Really? That will be a waste of time. A better protest will be against the government itself and trying to force a change in government. If we need to remind them that Boko Haram is bad, then our protest should be for a change in government.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I have no clue who you are or what you mean when you ask if I am still mad at you.

My post is directed at the posters pretending that this ought to have happened as if we have demanded it be the norm, as against the 'not caring' responses to the situation for a while now, and yours is not the only post.

Alright then, my bad cool. Maybe, my memory didn't serve me right this time cheesy.

Anyways;

Shalom cool.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Emekamex(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jonathan is the Antichrist, The end time is surely near.
Re: Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nashville:

Are you implying we should start protesting against Boko Haram? Really? That will be a waste of time. A better protest will be against the government itself and trying to force a change in government. If we need to remind them that Boko Haram is bad, then our protest should be for a change in government.

Look, remind Boko Haram that they people HATE what they are doing and so they do not fight on behalf of the people, muslims or even Nigerians in general. Protest the Government's handling of the problem and remind the Government that it's failures of the past 2 years is unacceptable.

Expecting Boko Haram or Government to AUTOMAGICALLY read the minds of the people on this is what has allowed this drag on for years. Do you know how many lives have been lost to the senselessness in all that time? If you had been directly affected, I bet you would see this a lot differently but like I said, we generally don't care and that is why people are cold on this still.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have No Confidence In CONFAB Report- Presidency Says / 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila / Pastor Ize Iyamu Cancels Mega Rally As APC Governors Dump Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.