Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? (17801 Views)

Twin Bomb Blast At Phase One Jummat Mosque, Damaturu, Yobe State / Gunmen Kill Ten Soldiers In Damaturu, Yobe State / Bomb Blasts And Gunfire In Damaturu, Yobe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifunayalov(f): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
I just heard that Damaturu, yobe is on fire right now. churches are being burnt and lots of people are being killed. shocked shocked shocked
Please can anyone confirm this especially those living around that axis?

1 Like

Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by BlackBaron: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sorry if you feel I'm trolling on your thread @ OP

But, is there any sort of altercation going on in Sagamu, Lagos
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Acidosis(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
confirmed. It started since yesterday evening but our local tv stations like nta_international, ait and the rest are busy showing cartoons, Nigerian idol and nollywood home video. ver dunce people.everything about this nation is pitiable. SICK NATION; ILL CITIZENS
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Osama10(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifunayalov(f): 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
Oh my God!
Whats the way forward for us cry cry cry
How can such be going on and its being suppressed by the media??

Or have they become afraid of getting first hand report in these dangerous times? (RIP Eneche Akogwu)
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifunayalov(f): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
@blackbaron, I have'nt heard anything about Sagamu, but with the state of the nation now, anything can be happening anywhere and the citizens will simply lump it!! Cos they dont know what else to do!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by otokx(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
Heard something like this at the office yesterday but can't tell whether it was Adamawa or Yobe.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by amaham(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Are there still churches in damaturu? I thought they've finished torching them or are they re-torching previously torched ones
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by BlackBaron: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
ifunayalov:

@blackbaron, I have'nt heard anything about Sagamu, but with the state of the nation now, anything can be happening anywhere and the citizens will simply lump it!! Cos they dont know what else to do!

Alright, thanks.
Pity, we get news like this from NL [b]first [/b]rather than media houses.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by otokx(m): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
It appears or has been alleged that a lot of under reporting is going on by the media so as to avoid a backlash.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by 3direct: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lot has bee happening there, today dey set a church on fire, nobody heard a blast, But there is series of house to house shooting and killing, They are keeping this away from the media to protect the governor and is cabinet, curfew is on ground already, nobody want state of immegency
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifunayalov(f): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
"smh"
What is the worth of a human life in this our country today?
People are being killed, dragged from their homes and killed and everywhere is quiet just because some politicians dont want a state of emergency?
This is a major wake up call for CAN!

What are we going to hear of next?
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by jpilata(m): 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2012
GEJ did the first mistake by declaring state of emergency in few local governments,instead of him to declare it to the whole 19 northern states, Be wise and take action quick, mr president before boko haram wil destoy dis country
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifunayalov(f): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
GEJ is now like a beaten man who does not know what to do next!
Truly the Nigerian situation has got the man's boxers in a twist!
He never imagined it will turn out like this.

Look at the very weak and off point statement he made concerning the kano bomb attacks!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ifyalways(f): 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
This conytry is totally messed up.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 22, 2012
Is it too hard to call for Jonathan's Resignation? Thats what we should all be saying! angry
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by ShangoThor(m): 7:52am On Jan 22, 2012
1) If there were a U.N. Sponsored Referendum today, I am of the opinion that Northern Nigeria would actually lose territory in relation to how the territory was mapped out under Lugard as the people of the middle belt would opt to go with the South.

2) The truth is that the Islamic separatist aggressors will not give up their cause hence all other communities have choices to either band together to control the eventual outcome of their expansionist aggression or to fall prey and wait like sitting ducks.

3) A genuine SNC can only be conducted after the Islamic North have been excised from the Union. From this point, which ever Community would like to go their separate way, subject to a referendum should be allowed to peacefully under the supervision or input of international mediators. The idea is to let the people decide, and in reality the different peoples of the South do not have to like one another or hold hands as neighbours whilst skipping into the SunSet. If they want to go off and do their own thing, let them.

4) So let's talk about Military strategies, it's simple really. The Western Militia (Yorubas) hold the Western flank, the Eastern Militia (Ndigbo) hold the Eastern Flank, The Tivs, Beroms etc hold the Middle Belt (Centre ground) which serves as a buffer to the other Militias, and Further South (Ijaws, Itshekiri, Ilajes etc) hold the rear flank (part Coast), just in case or as a back up.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by babuji(f): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2012
GEJ is deaf, dumb and blind to what is happening in the country. I am afraid he will be totally dishonoured at the end.
Of course he has heard people asking him to step down but wil he do the Honourable thing? Hell no!!!
Can he enforce the same on Ringim and co? I doubt it.
In the early days of this administration, I heard people call him weak, I didn't quite understand, but now I can see clearly he is not just weak but utterly spineless and liver less!
My 4yr old boy has more guts in his small frame than GEJ!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by gaddafe(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2012
God helps oooh!
Action film on a daily basis.
Na wa o!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2012
untill GEJ realizes that secret assasination is an integral part of governance in a country like ours, then our problem will still be on the rise, we are here calling for investigation and increased military presence, what will happen if your investigation finds out that borno state gvt is the problem we have or some emir is responsible, wht will you do, try him in a court or warn him to stop what he is doing, assasinations are vital ingredient for governance no matter how much it goes against your morals as a president, that is part of your job description
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2012
Babuji stop spilling junks. I hate GEJ much more than you but if you were the president, what will u do? Are u retarded? If you can not stool, its GEJ out of 36 states, 19 are messing up, what should he do- drive them out and risk more issues? Include them and coz more deaths? Isn't this a case of "between the devil and the deep blue sea". Ppl like you wouldn't even think before acting. Its ppl like u that ignite such violence
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by muyete(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2012
Smh
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2012
ARES:

untill GEJ realizes that secret assasination is an integral part of governance in a country like ours, then our problem will still be on the rise,  we are here calling for investigation and increased military presence, what will happen if your investigation finds out that borno state gvt is the problem we have or some emir is responsible, wht will you do, try him in a court or warn him to stop what he is doing,  assasinations are vital ingredient for governance no matter how much it goes against your morals as a president, that is part of your job description
as much as i hate to see people takin other people's life, u seem to hav a valid point here bro.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by BetaThings: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2012
diluminati:

Is it too hard to call for Jonathan's Resignation? Thats what we should all be saying! angry

Unless you replace Jonathan with Tompolo, Asari Dokubo or whatever, the ND will also erupt. Jonathan's resignation will not even pacify Boko Haram
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by 9ja4eva: 8:36am On Jan 22, 2012
ARES:

untill GEJ realizes that secret assasination is an integral part of governance in a country like ours, then our problem will still be on the rise, we are here calling for investigation and increased military presence, what will happen if your investigation finds out that borno state gvt is the problem we have or some emir is responsible, wht will you do, try him in a court or warn him to stop what he is doing, assasinations are vital ingredient for governance no matter how much it goes against your morals as a president, that is part of your job description

Word but the maga is too slow.

I am afraid he might be killed if care is not taken.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by stiyke(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2012
ARES:

untill GEJ realizes that secret assasination is an integral part of governance in a country like ours, then our problem will still be on the rise,  we are here calling for investigation and increased military presence, what will happen if your investigation finds out that borno state gvt is the problem we have or some emir is responsible, wht will you do, try him in a court or warn him to stop what he is doing,  assasinations are vital ingredient for governance no matter how much it goes against your morals as a president, that is part of your job description
GBAM!!!!

You are absolutely right. I wish he could understand that you can not hold power and be self righteous. If he is guilty or involved, but you cant arrest him or try him in court due to politics, you assassinate him. Simple. It works for Isrealis, it works for Americans, its called NATIONAL SECURITY!!!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by babuji(f): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2012
@iv4fb, it's unfortunate that you choose to be insultive to get your views across but that's no skin off my back.
Every society has laws and consequences if broken. As a commander in chief, he is solely responsible to ensure the law is followed and the appropriate consequences carried out. If not the bad eggs will be embolden to do much worse and that is what has been happening in nigeria.
Let's look at jos, plateau state, GEJ should have enforced a state of emergency there ages ago, he should have comedown very hard on the prepertrators as a sign that he will not condone human lives being wasted, instead he let it fester for so long that up till now there is no real peace in Jos.
In every situation a stitch in time saves nine! When people see that you can't take a bold step, they will end up riding roughshod all over you. It happens all the time.
So if we don't blame GEJ, the C in C, who should we blame, who is going to set the situation right?
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2012
Babuji, sorry if u see that as insultive. But if you, a normal citizen with no political obligation feel d impact of insults, why do u choose to insult ur president-the president of the federal republic, the position itself deserves respect. If you've ever led a team of say 5, you wouldn't say all u said, sayless someone leading over 150million-diverse, troublesome and wild people. U think its easy? Divorce is as a function of the inability of both parties to agree. Just two people couldn't agree and the judge split them. 150 million people don't agree and the guy is still battling to keep them together-thats a feat!
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2012
Hmnn.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by figment232(m): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2012
@babuji

YOU are a very BIG FOOL you want to compare ur 4yr old son that attends akara school to GEJ,i bet a beast like u wont be able to control ur own stinking househood,you idiots just keep heaping insults on our President without even making any intelligent suggestions to curtail this unprecedented violence.GEJ is only human pls,i bet OBJ wud hv been caught off guards too with such senseless killings.BABUJI IS A BABOON.
Re: Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? by realborn(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2012
@iv4fb,
D point is clear. GEJ has not exuded signs of control. Lives are lost daily in this country due to Govt's ineptitude. Suspects disappear in custody. Sponsors are granted unconditional bail. Security foot soldiers are being killed daily. Churches are being razed. Yesterday Kano, Today Bauchi and Yobe. Corruption and embezzlement deep in FGN. Poor economic policies backed by elementary reasons are spewed daily. Ministers are paper qualified with no clue of governance, parading themsleves like rats. Ministers denying involvement in policies right under the president's nose, shows total disrespect for ur hard hat president. No one gets punished. How many more will die? If my perception is right, BH requires only 36 days to burn Nigeria down. Let govermrnt continue in its stride of poor action. Keep watching. Perhaps the infamous office you have sought so much respect for may end up not existing afterall. With this crop of leaders, only God can save thiscountry. The worst ever. A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Herdsmen Killed In Oyo / Habib Abdullahi Hands Over To Hadiza Bala Usman As Nigerian Ports Authority MD / Buhari In Sokoto For 10th Anniversary Of Sultan Of Sokoto (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.