Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose (5838 Views)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
Have you ever thought of the intricacies involved in splitting in a nation.
the last protest over subsidy removal has really attracted various comment from Nigerians all over the world most of which suggested a permanent solution of the recurrent problems in our dear Nation.
furthermore, the recent attacks being stimulated by ethnicity and religion is an indications of poor cultural integration and lack of religious harmony, suggest that splitting might be the best option

However, before a decision is taken, it is proper to make some predictions and economic indications especially in a sensitive and volatile economy of ours.
if splitting should come, which region/part of Nigeria would suffer
which region/part would find it as a blessing
the North or the South,
your responses should not be based on sentiments but bringing reasons that takes into consideration the history of Nigeria, the geo-political situation, the political saga, the available resources and other indicators,

On my own part, this is hard to predict because from my own perspective I believe the north with their rich agricultural produce are united and can move forward with that, the south(especially we the Yoruba) lacks love and unity but have got rich resources(human and mineral), the east has nothing tangible in terms of mineral resources but their initiative and creativity coupled with their fearlessness can get them developed like U.S.A
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by manchy7531: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
it is obvious the igbo will loose in the short run because of their investment spread all over the country but in the long run like in 20 yrs time they will come back to be one of the most economically,technologically powerful country in Africa, give it to them

the yorubas will also loose cos most of their businesses in lagos are run by the igbo and they don't have the business expertise of the igbo,so they will loose alot in revenue and also their investment in the north will also be at risk

we dont need to talk about the core north, they dont exist.their only help will be aid from UN

the south south is not united,they have oil,fine but at the same time they are lazy except those of benin and maybe abit of calabar and awka ibom people.the ijaws,uroboho,itsekiris,ogoni and the rest are not ready to work,and they so believe in militancy and oil commission from oil companies with they will use to drink ogogoro ,like as if without oil there is not life.they will also be faced with environmental problem both air,land and sea and could also be a potential somalia figthing for land and expansion because of it multi-ethnic nature and also i see it as the most volatile region in Nigeria right now waiting to blow.

the middle belt will be confronted with their northern neighbors that will be fighting them for land and religious dominance which is also a problem

i think all in all.the igbos and the yorubas will most likely be the most beneficiary just that i don't see how the yorubas can do without the igbos and how the igbo will want to leave there investment in the south west especially Lagos,

i see a more of a southern Nigeria but if we happen to go along our tribal line then it will only be political not economical because we all still need each other,

the igbos after sometime will obviously go back to lagos and south west and other old Nigerian regions to colonize them economically,like they have being colonizing west Africa(they run most of the trade in west Africa and Africa beyond)that is their gift from God you cant take it away, i see them like the Germans of Africa.despite the lost they suffered during the civil war and starting life with just 20pounds and the oppressive Nigerian policy toward the igbos,they have still manage to distinguish themselves and tell the world you cannot bend them, i give it to them.

3 Likes

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
manchy7531:

it is obvious the igbo will loose in the short run because of their investment spread all over the country but in the long run like in 20 yrs time they will come back to be one of the most economically,technologically powerful country in Africa, give it to them

the yorubas will also loose cos most of their businesses in lagos are run by the igbo and they don't have the business expertise of the igbo,so they will loose alot in revenue and also their investment in the north will also be at risk

we dont need to talk about the core north, they dont exist.their only help will be aid from UN

the south south is not united,they have oil,fine but at the same time they are lazy except those of benin and maybe abit of calabar and awka ibom people.the ijaws,uroboho,itsekiris,ogoni and the rest are not ready to work,and they so believe in militancy and oil commission from oil companies with they will use to drink ogogoro ,like as if without oil there is not life.they will also be faced with environmental problem both air,land and sea and could also be a potential somalia figthing for land and expansion because of it multi-ethnic nature and also i see it as the most volatile region in Nigeria right now waiting to blow.

the middle belt will be confronted with their northern neighbors that will be fighting them for land and religious dominance which is also a problem

i think all in all.the igbos and the yorubas will most likely be the most beneficiary just that[b] i don't see how the yorubas can do without the igbos and how the igbo will want to leave there investment in the south west especially Lagos,[/b]

i see a more of a southern Nigeria but if we happen to go along our tribal line then it will only be political not economical because we all still need each other,

the igbos after sometime will obviously go back to lagos and south west and other old Nigerian regions to colonize them economically,like they have being colonizing west Africa(they run most of the trade in west Africa and Africa beyond)that is their gift from God you cant take it away, i see them like the Germans of Africa.despite the lost they suffered during the civil war and starting life with just 20pounds and the oppressive Nigerian policy toward the igbos,they have still manage to distinguish themselves and tell the world you cannot bend them, i give it to them.

You made a point,
talking about investment and industry-based activities, the igbos and yoruba are keeping it cool
I hope this will not be alleviated by religious differences
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by ShangoThor(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
1) If there were a U.N. Sponsored Referendum today, I am of the opinion that Northern Nigeria would actually lose territory in relation to how the territory was mapped out under Lugard as the people of the middle belt would opt to go with the South.

2) The truth is that the Islamic separatists aggresors will not give up their cause hence all other communities have choices to either band together to control the eventual outcome of their expansionist aggression or to fall prey and wait like sitting ducks.

3) A genuine SNC can only be conducted after the Islamic North have been excised from the Union. From this point, which ever Community would like to go their separate way, subject to a referendum should be allowed to peacefully under the supervision or input of international mediators. The idea is to let the people decide, and in reality the different peoples of the South do not have to like one another or hold hands as neighbours whilst skipping into the SunSet. If they want to go off and do their own thing, let them.

4) So let's talk about Military strategies, it's simple really. The Western Militia (Yorubas) hold the Western flank, the Eastern Militia (Ndigbo) hold the Eastern Flank, The Tivs, Beroms etc hold the Middle Belt (Centre ground) which serves as a buffer to the other Militias, and Further South (Ijaws, Itshekiri, Ilajes etc) hold the rear flank (part Coast), just in case or as a back up.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
@POSTER

I do not understand what you meant by “the east has nothing tangible in terms of mineral resources”. When you wrote east, do mean eastern region including the Igbo speakers in today’s Delta State as factored into splitting Nigeria?

As of January 1, 1965, eastern region made entire western region looked backward in terms of human resources and I can assure you that such level of things has not changed.

I shall not get into the mineral resources thing because some people are better in life when left uneducated. In 1965, British government declared eastern region of Nigeria the richest real estate in commonwealth.

Prediction is not my strong forte so I shall leave any form of postulation about future picture of disintegrated Nigeria in your hands.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
prodam:

Have you ever thought of the intricacies involved in splitting in a nation.
the last protest over subsidy removal has really attracted various comment from Nigerians all over the world most of which suggested a permanent solution of the recurrent problems in our dear Nation.
furthermore, the recent attacks being stimulated by ethnicity and religion is an indications of poor cultural integration and lack of religious harmony, suggest that splitting might be the best option

However, before a decision is taken, it is proper to make some predictions and economic indications especially in a sensitive and volatile economy of ours.
if splitting should come, which region/part of Nigeria would suffer
which region/part would find it as a blessing
the North or the South,
your responses should not be based on sentiments but bringing reasons that takes into consideration the history of Nigeria, the geo-political situation, the political saga, the available resources and other indicators,

On my own part, this is hard to predict because from my own perspective I believe the north with their rich agricultural produce are united and can move forward with that, the south(especially we the Yoruba) lacks love and unity but have got rich resources(human and mineral), the east has nothing tangible in terms of mineral resources but their initiative and creativity coupled with their fearlessness can get them developed like U.S.A

What mineral resources do you mean Igbos do not have?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ topic, splitting Nigeria and its aftermath is not a short run affair. Thus anyone looking at short run inconveniences as a reason not to split is a non starter.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Lasinoh: 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
I will lose the most.
I dun wanno live with Igbo and Yoruba people without the North in Nigeria.
May God never let that 'split' happen.
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! kiss

Igbos will lose more.
In as much as they shout that 'Biafra' nonsense. . . their butts never sit in Biafra.
No other ethnic group loves a nomadic life like the Igbos who seek 'greener pastures' even in Zamfara state.
With absolutely nothing to show in their own home states despite all the noise-making with hollow trumpets.
How are they gonna survive with their ever restless bodies and spirits? undecided

Do you wanno kill them all? grin
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2012

i mean the core east, facts and figure could easily be checked, history has said it all,
the south-south has been the region covering up for the east due to the short distance between them,
after splitting, everyone goes his own way and i doubt if the south-south would be ready to go with the east after the lesson learnt in the early post-independence day
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
prodam:

i mean the core east, facts and figure could easily be checked, history has said it all,
the south-south has been the region covering up for the east due to the short distance between them,
after splitting, everyone goes his own way and i doubt if the south-south would be ready to go with the east after the lesson learnt in the early post-independence day

What mineral resources don't they have in the core east that others have. Can you mention them? Thank you.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
Ibos would be landlocked if SS shut their access to the sea.too bad for them.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by ezeagu(m): 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
The Yoruba will actually do better on their own, although they have to sort some issues about their unity, as those everybody. There's no question as to the success of an Igbo country.

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by ezeagu(m): 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So I'm guessing you will be on the Igbo side since you are concerning yourself with the issues there?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
What mineral resources don't they have in the core east that others have. Can you mention them? Thank you.

Bros, u and I know that it is natural to have a little of many resources in a region, so the fact that borno has oil and gas does not mean they are oil-producing, Majorly, the eastern part of Nigeria do not have exceptional resources like oyo, kaduna and rivers,
okay, igbos have the land and manpower, okay?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
prodam:

Bros, u and I know that it is natural to have a little of many resources in a region, so the fact that borno has oil and gas does not mean they are oil-producing, Majorly, the eastern part of Nigeria do not have exceptional resources like oyo, kaduna and rivers,
okay, igbos have the land and manpower, okay?

Can you please mention the mineral resources that others have that the SE does not have? Why are you beating about the bush?

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Nchara: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What has being landlocked got to do with success?
Nigeria of today is not landlocked, how successful has it been?
The North you claim will survive will be even more landlocked than the SE

And finally, there are many coastal Igbos communities in Rivers state (Opobo for eg) who am 100% sure will prefer an Igbo country with the larger Igbo society.

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nchara:

Can you please mention the mineral resources that others have that the SE does not have? Why are you beating about the bush?

Bros, please allow the dude to wallow in ignorance. I have written in my previous post that certain people act better in life when left uneducated.

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The second best economy in Africa shines from a landlocked country, olodo orishirishi.

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lasinoh:

[b]I will lose the most.[/b]I dun wanno live with Igbo and Yoruba people without the North in Nigeria.
May God never let that 'split' happen.
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! kiss

Igbos will lose more.
In as much as they shout that 'Biafra' nonsense. . . their butts never sit in Biafra.
No other ethnic group loves a nomadic life like the Igbos who seek 'greener pastures' even in Zamfara state.
With absolutely nothing to show in their own home states despite all the noise-making with hollow trumpets.
How are they gonna survive with their ever restless bodies and spirits? undecided

Do you wanno kill them all? grin

I know you are not that forgetful, madam g-string. grin grin  Will you and your Edo girls stop coming for ikebe reconstruction job?  smiley smiley

Of course, I know you will lose most. You and Modupe Ozolua will regret the day easy access to Igbo cosmetic surgeons is curtailed.  grin grin grin
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Wily1Wily: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nchara:

Fanta, Coca Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, Mirinda
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
According to these maps, the East is abundantly rich. Only the Yoruba should worry.

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by prodam(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
To you dede1, all what you have been saying i dont understand cos your posts lack harmony of words and sentences, and i guess that was why i have not replied to your earlier post,
u wrote about a record in 1965, 47 years ago, how many more states have been created over those years? what effect did the civil war had on the people of the east?

Get my stand clear, If the regions were to stand alone, the Igbos would be most affected,
how did Nigeria win Biafra, i heard it was "because there was shortage of food in the east", am i right?

the igbo land consists of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State. Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State,
as I said, only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, would be forced to join the biafra nation and what do they have to offer, for your info, what these states have in common is lead/zinc,, i still repeat they can always count on their land,
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
prodam:

To you dede1, all what you have been saying i dont understand cos your posts lack harmony of words and sentences, and i guess that was why i have not replied to your earlier post,
u wrote about a record in 1965, 47 years ago, how many more states have been created over those years? what effect did the civil war had on the people of the east?

Get my stand clear, If the regions were to stand alone, the Igbos would be most affected,
how did Nigeria win Biafra, i heard it was "because there was shortage of food in the east", am i right?

the igbo land consists of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State. Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State,
[b]as I said, only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, would be forced to join the biafra nation [/b]and what do they have to offer, for your info, what these states have in common is lead/zinc,, i still repeat they can always count on their land,

You Yoruba have a lot of guts cutting and dicing up our land as you deem fit.
How dare you divide Igboland and Eastern Nigeria to suit your theory?
Why, for instance, would you believe that Awori and Ijebu would stay in one country with Yoruba, but you come to divide Ndigbo between SE and SS.

Dude, go back to school please.  undecided

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by BlackBaron: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
[img]http://neftegaz.ru/images/%D0%93%D0%AD%D0%A12(2).jpg[/img]Tis a better map  cool

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
BTW I have it on good intelligence that even Edo state will join Biafra.
What would anyone gain by joining Yoruba to form a nation?
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Dede1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

According to these maps, the East is abundantly rich. Only the Yoruba should worry.

The maps correctly depicted the fact that baring offshore fields, only Rivers and Delta States could match Imo and Abia States in number of operational onshore oil fields in the country.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think this prodam is st,upid I dont understand why non igbos become expert in igbos affairs, why would the igbos in rivers and delta not join their igbos country if I may ask you? Are people still this stu.pid in todays Nigeria.we have asked what minerals others have that we don't have? Is it oil we have in abundance in both imo, and abia or natural gas ? Or are u talking about fanta,coke and sprite. Secondly why are you getting headache over what will happen to igbos and how they should divide themselves? Why not put all that energy on what will happen to your people.

1 Like

Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by BlackBaron: 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
And how is awori and ijebu not a sub-yoruba group  undecided

Or is Ikwerre not igbo too ?

@ topic, all parties would lose out, but it will all be in their best interest.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Lasinoh: 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
Tufiakwa. . . Edo nor join Biafra for 1960s e come be now.
Tufiakwa I say.
God forbid Iyamiri neighbours!
Twa!!!!! kiss

Enough of this Igbotic boolsheet of a thread.
Wey beta thread abeg. cool
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
bashr8:

I think this prodam is st,upid I dont understand why non igbos become expert in igbos affairs, why would the igbos in rivers and delta not join their igbos country if I may ask you? Are people still this stu.pid in todays Nigeria.we have asked what minerals others have that we don't have? Is it oil we have in abundance in both imo, and abia or natural gas ? Or are u talking about fanta,coke and sprite. Secondly why are you getting headache over what will happen to igbos and how they should divide themselves? Why not put all that energy on what will happen to your people.

They are just being desperate.
A desperate man can say and do anything! They feel that the only way they can convince Igbo not to secede is to keep dividing Eastern Nigeria and hoping it sticks!
Only foolish Easterners accept that. They should go and check whether Awori would join Odua first, before coming here to talk trash.
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by bashr8: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lasinoh:

Tufiakwa. . . Edo nor join Biafra for 1960s e come be now.
Tufiakwa I say.
God forbid Iyamiri neighbours!
Twa!!!!! kiss

Enough of this Igbotic boolsheet of a thread.
Wey beta thread abeg. cool

Why would any sane igbos man want edo to be in biafra? We might not even accept Ijaw talk less ofmedo, we just want peace of mind and the less group we have the better for us
Re: Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose by Onlytruth(m): 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
BlackBaron:

And how is awori and ijebu not a sub-yoruba group  undecided

Or is Ikwerre not igbo too ?

@ topic, all parties would lose out, but it will all be in their best interest.

Well, some Yoruba here have chosen perfidy as a preferred stratagem against Eastern Nigeria.
They cut and dice the East to fit their self deceit.

Well, when jungle matures we know who is who!

Worry about Awori and Ijebu who might even form their own nations.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efcc Boss Sacked... / How Bendel Girls Battled Biafra – Ogbemudia / Yoruba Pastors Are Worse Than Boko Haram - Nnamdi Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.