Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. (23171 Views)

Poll: I Prefer?

Military Regime: 52% (35 votes)
Civilian Regime: 47% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Military Or FRSC, Who Did It Better? / Open Debate: Military Or Civilian Government / Military or Civilian Rule in Nigeria . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by akpan123(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
make your choice and why.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
I am, and will always be biased towards the military. I can't stand indisciplined and morally bankrupt politicians. Bloody civilians!
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
Akpan tell us ur Hausa Fulani name and we will take ur poll seriously
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by akpan123(m): 12:15am On Jan 22, 2012
mr mikeansy l believe opinion should not be based on religion or ethnicity but on what is ethically right universally. coruption does not have colour, ethnic ,

religion or race.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 22, 2012
akpan123:

mr mikeansy l believe opinion should not be based on religion or ethnicity but on what is ethically right universally. coruption does not have colour, ethnic ,

religion or race.

Totally agree

just dont understand why you are going by the name Akpan when u are clearly Hausa Fulani?
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by akpan123(m): 1:15am On Jan 22, 2012
Mr mikeansy , one my name is not akpan, but just like anyone that has a user name. example is like trying to date a lady , you don t base your judement or

decision based on the name, but on other factors. just post and try to share ideas on nairaland. on corruption and how we can retrive nigeria back from those

who bought it. l can t understand , why a group of about 1000 people call politicians can be billionaire and hold about a population of about 160, million people

to ransom. RIGHT NOW THE NATION IS MOVING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. AND NOTHING WORKS.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by gaddafe(m): 2:07am On Jan 22, 2012
@op you are definitely not above 20 yrs of age that's why you would be sampling such opinions.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 22, 2012
Nigerian history shows that the military governments 2 military governments of Buhari and Abacha were the best in our history
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by nagoma(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2012
I don't know which one is preferable , what is obvious now is that we can't get our acts together. We cannot conduct an unbiased and objective election and governance is a problem.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by ochukoccna: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2012
@OP,Soja don flog your yansh b4?
9ja politivcian&soldiers R the same ethnic,corrupt,nepotic,indisciplined champions.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Kx: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2012
Military "eat" money but they also build infrastructure eg, 3rd mainland bridge, all the 3 refineries, roads etc.
Military guarantees security.

Civilian embezzles money but do nothing other than increase the woes of the populace eg. fuel price increase.
Civilian does not guarantee security eg. Militancy in Obj and Yaradua era, Boko Haram in GEJ era.

From the most recent experience, both of them suffocates freedom of speech and freedom of association and protest.

The choice therefore is obvious.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by juman(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2012
Certainly I prefer civilian regime for various and many reasons.

Nigerian military despite are trained, are the most indisciplined and morally bankrupt people when in power. They are worst than the politicians. They destroyed nigeria more than the politician.

The military regimes are always dictators.

During the civilian regime, we have more opputunities to rebuild and modernise our now hated country, if we are really ready to go in that direction.

nigeria is a battered country, we have reached a point where the country will break up.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by oluking: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2012
i cant understand why anybody would prefer a "dumb Ass" in Uniform
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by okstol: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2012
@Op, have u heard of freedom of speech b4? Ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by abhosts(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2012
I prefer Civilian Rule. I believe Nigeria would get it right one day.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Barthme(m): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2012
I would rather preferred Military Regime to Civilian Regime, and why? In Civilian Regime citizens have no security unlike the Military
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by success4(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2012
GenBuhari:

Nigerian history shows that the military governments 2 military governments of Buhari and
were the best in our history

You need help, which of the history are you talking about? I agree on Buhari but if you still insist on Abacha, may be you
need to visit your doctor for proper medication! grin
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by velo10: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2012
Anyone that can give zero tolerance to corruption. Right now our civilian PDP government cannot do jackshyyt.

Military governments were responsible for the development of Malaysia, Pakistan, Ghana, Libya, etc.

A people's focused government whether civilian or military is what we need
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2012
Lets adopt the oyo traditional political system where there is effective checks and balances on the king as far as forcing him to commit suicide if he fails to perform his duty effective.democrazy or military rules are alien to Africa,so let's go back to our root.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by charlsecy4(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2012
No system is bad, provided the right persons are there!
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by velo10: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Lets adopt the oyo traditional political system where there is effective checks and balances on the king as far as forcing him to commit suicide if he fails to perform his duty effective.democrazy or military rules are alien to Africa,so let's go back to our root.

Lol, everybody would be scared of being a leader in that kind of system
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2012
i can't take military regime angry what if they do the same thing ? what will be the solution
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by zone77(m): 11:41am On Jan 23, 2012
there is no need selectin whch 1 is preferable cos its obvious dat civlian is beta,mayb mst of u wer nt born wen d military regime was in power,mayb u heard dat dey built third mainland bribge,wat of oda states did dey do anytin there?nutin lik freedom of information,protest,etc,ppl pls civilian is the best.dnt ever dream of military.hmmmmm
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by skullbaba: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2012
who can claim to be a militant during the military talkless of a jihadist. i prefer military because they are direct in their dealing and not cunning like those promising PDP,ACN, CPC thugs
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
Who's In for those Silly Commands again angry angry angry
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by russellino: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Military rule meant almost no freedom of speech, limited freedom in few other ways etc. It wasn't a good way to live. Military rulers also were not saints when it came down to corruption. However in this democracy there is almost no nigerian identity left. Ethnic chauvinism is at its highest point ( ppl are no longer nigerians but biafrans, ND, odua etc. Unlike in the past when govt officials were corrupt wiith fear and moderation, every bloody councillor and LG chairman is a billionaire. Our lives are not so secure because now any billionaire politician can import arms from eastern europe and have his own private army. Police still shoot for twenty naira and our national heritage has been monetised or should I say canniibalised in the name of privatisation. Our democracy is rotten because every twit, thief and failure is comfortable with what iis expected if being a poliitician in this country today. The military regimes were bad but honestly are nigerians better off, is our society better off?
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by 989900: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2012
be careful wat u wish for?
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by akinnux(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Even though military government is an aberration, the fact remains that Nigeria was better off under the military regime. What can we really point to since the commencement of the civilian regime other than gargantuan corruption and gross underdevelopment. I vote for a benevolent military regime if there is anything so called.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by publisher(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
If the military was still in power,sites like Nairaland would have sieized to exist long ago. Dont be fooled by all the Biafra,Odua,Boko haram crap we see everyday. Most Nigerians WANT one Nigeria,a Nigeria were peace,justice,equality and economic prosperity reigns.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by akpan123(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WHAT RAWLINGS DID IN GHANA, WAS TO HAPPEN IN NIGERIA. WHEN HE CAME TO POWER. OR DO NAIJA HAVE A SOLDIER LIKE

RAWLING.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
Military rule is never a good solution. Power, knowledge and authority should not all be concentrated in one person - there should be checks and balances. All the developed countries in the world are democratic so we should be looking in that direction. The reason why our democracy is terrible is because the people calling the shots are either retired military men or have very strong ties to the military, e.g. Obasanjo, Atiku, Babangida, David Mark etc. We must get rid of that military generation and mentality before we can have meaningful democracy.

Havings said that, I recommend we go back to a parliamentary system of government because this presedential system is becoming too expensive and adding no value. We need to cut down cost of governance and I think the parliamentary system will help as it has proven to be cheaper.
Re: Military Or Civilian Regime Make Your Choice And Why. by LEXYLOV: 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
akpan123:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WHAT RAWLINGS DID IN GHANA, WAS TO HAPPEN IN NIGERIA. WHEN HE CAME TO POWER. OR DO NAIJA HAVE A SOLDIER LIKE

RAWLING.
Yes I have said it many times, and am saying it again and again. What Rawling did in Ghana is what we urgently needed in this country if at all we are dreaming of any progress in the future. @ GenBuhari. You are very wrong about abacha But Buhari Idiagbon is ok to perceived as the best military administration we got in Nigeria history, But I will equally suggest that Late Gen Murtala Muhammed administration is also Good compare to Buhari/Idiagbon If we had an opportunity to have Murtala stay like 8yrs in power and Buhari 8 yrs in power Nigeria today would have been a better place to stay. Anyone doubts me ask your parent or elders on this fact. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? / Executive Order No. 008 Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.