Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! (20377 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by muhsin(m): 11:45am On Jan 22, 2012
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State has stated that the 13 Igbo businessmen gunned down by unidentified killers recently in the commercial town of Mubi, in the state were killed as a result of business conflict. This is contrary to media reports that they were killed by the deadly Islamic sect, Boko Haram. The governor said government was still awaiting detailed report from security operatives before releasing the corpses of the 13 Igbo to their families for burial, adding that he stood on his ground as regards N25, 000,000 reward promised any person or group with credible information that would lead to the arrest of the criminals behind the killings.

The governor who spoke through his Press Secretary, Malam Maijama’a Adamu, in a press statement made available to Sunday Mirror said that immediate assumption of government and people generally in the state was that, the barbaric incident which was unprecedented in the history of the state was ethno- religious in nature, which he said led the government to take a proactive measure, by beefing up security across the state to prevent further escalation of the crisis. According to the governor, “Contrary to our initial assumption, however, preliminary investigations revealed that the unfortunate incident was not ethno-religious in nature, but likely due to personal or business conflict.

This is highly regrettable and unacceptable, he claimed. The statement, however, said that the people of Adamawa State condemned in strong terms, “this act of inhumanity has portrayed the state in bad light and affected it socially and economically at both national and international levels, adding that Adamawa State should not be used as a theatre for such heinous crimes. According to the statement, “while regretting the occurrence of this incident, we wish to state categorically that no Adamawa State community is involved in it, and it was neither ethnic nor religious as previously assumed.

However, the statement did not talk on 12 worshippers of Christ Apostle Church who were gunned down by unidentified gunmen; neither did it speak on four bomb explosions reported by the state’s Police Command at the Christmas period. Effort by our reporter to speak to the victims’ families or Igbo leaders in the state was fruitless, as none of them was ready to comment on the issue, which they feared might

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/29610.html
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by muhsin(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2012
This is unblievable, but true. It's, however, to all, not surprising if the killers were Boko Haram guys, for they have done worst. I can't understand what's happening in this country any more. May God intervene, amin.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by jpilata(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2012
He is defending boko haram

1 Like

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by 9ijaprince(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
j.pilata:

gbam!
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
Since the Governor seems to know the facts why has he not arrested the guilty and provided evidence in court.?

Political leaders are shameless in Nigeria, they have no honour whatsoever.

Business Conflict and they gunned down 13 people never heard this one before. I think the Governor is watching too much Italian movies!!!

He should better assist the FG to tackle Boko Haram instead of engaging in fantasy.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by sheyguy: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
? ? ?
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by kokoA(m): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
But seriously, don't you guys think that some wicked people living in the north capitalizes on Bokoharam to carry out their wicked acts? undecided But these Bh guys seems to claim responsibility for every bad thing that hapens. We can't even tell again undecided undecided
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by UKBobo(m): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lives of all people should be respected and valued, irrespective of the person or tribe. It seems as though this may be a case of spin, to divert the reader's attention away from the root cause, as it were.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Rhino5dm: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
A friend told me that contrary to report making the news, that the killers are not Boko haram. The thirteen guys were actually cattle sellers in mubi town.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by wilxz(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
The state governor should stop decieving himself, we know better. business deal ko, business deal ni, to take 13 ibo christian life at same time, what kind of organised business killing is that? Ibo's please leave the north, this people have no value for human life.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
God punish Adamawa Gov.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by asewa(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
Business what? I can't take that shocked shocked shocked
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
I'm sure some of the Igbophobic tribalists on Nairaland would jump on this but you may want to engage your brains. This isn't some mafia war in Sicily or Moscow - 13 Igbo business men couldn't be gunned down in the North due to business conflicts.

Even guaging the tone of the Governor portrays someone hasty to draw conclusions from what HE admitted was an ongoing investigation. He has decided to politicize an unfortunate event.

What a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by stayreal: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
This is a lie from the pits of hell!
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by kuluTemper: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
If the 13 business men were killed because of business, so the worshipers must have been killed because of worshiping? Sometimes I wonderful why our elected officials are in a hurry to voice out the seemingly stupid things that our security operatives can never logically defend.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by tunnytox(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
Na lie!
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by joe4christ(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
[size=25pt] I think it's high time the sponsors of this distarded act die by fire by force.
It's time to engage on spiritual battle on this evil, as for those of u who dont believe in spiritualism, then u might end up falling prey of this evil, i'm speaking to all nigerian christians to wake up from thier slumber and rise up to thier responsibilities by engaging in this spiritual battle. Those behind this evil must die, let the angel of death begin to visit them and thier families and kill em all just like in the days of Moses in the land of Egypt.

If you dont pray then the very evil and your greatest fear will befall you and your entire household. Maybe then you would know exactly what it feals like to lose loved ones. Let's pray, let's pray, let's pray till we break through!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by saintneo(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
May the house of Gov of Adamawa be riddled with bullets. May there be conflict settlements in his house with his wife(wives) and children involved.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by muhsin(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
I think if any Igbo thinks this is a lie, then he/she should reasonably show that - prove him wrong. And, if it persists, the Igbo community should sue him. But, niether can be done. Wait and see.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Toktee(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
Boko hallam dont waste time killing with gun,they kill with bomb,this is the work of fellow igbo bussinesmen who want to use boko hallam take their brothers out the way for business to flourish.boko boys do kill and claim responsibility.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by muhsin(m): 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
[/quote][quote author=saintneo link=topic=851964.msg10021350#msg10021350 date=1327234352]
May the house of Gov of Adamawa be riddled with bullets. May there be conflict settlements in his house with his wife(wives) and children involved.
This is uncalled for.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by saintneo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
muhsin:

I think if any Igbo thinks this is a lie, then he/she should reasonably show that - prove him wrong. And, if it persists, the Igbo community should sue him. But, niether can be done. Wait and see.
just as yours is. how can 13 igbo men gather to prepare for the funeral other slain igbos then they were sent to their graves be termed business conflict. this is not THE GODFATHER.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by aljharem(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
i think it is rear to hear boko haram kill with guns, it is usually bombs thus that was a suspect

also since boko haram claim everything killing I guess it is natural to blame it on them.

whether boko haram or kinsmen, it still does not change the fact that 13 people were killed  in broad day light and out security agent have done nothing.

if all we care the governor is trying to move the blame so the investigation can end, but we should be honest with ourselves. Even if my kinsmen kill me in ogoni land, does that can anything ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Mavor: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
Is it this same stupid gov that apologized to and settled terrorists with N100 million of tax payer's money?
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
muhsin:

Really? we should take the Governor's word for it, but those who question his judgement should provide proof?

some of you have no shame!

2 Likes

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by executinal(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
This Governor most be boko haram sponsor
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

i think it is rear to hear boko haram kill with guns, it is usually bombs thus that was a suspect
also since boko haram claim everything killing I guess it is natural to blame it on them.

whether boko haram or kinsmen, it still does not change the fact that 13 people were killed  in broad day light and out security agent have done nothing.

if all we care the governor is trying to move the blame so the investigation can end, but we should be honest with ourselves. Even if my kinsmen kill me in ogoni land, does that can anything ?

Based on which history? For your info Boko Haram did not start in 2009/2010. They used to hit before then and their traditional hit style used to be gunmen on the back of motorbikes, stop, hit and run away. But they have since diversified.

Most importantly BokoHaram claimed responsibility for this hit through their traditional communication channels. It makes me wonder why you guys are so bent on absolving BokoHaram when they have claimed responsibility.

This is why we say the average Hausa Fulani man has a soft spot for Boko Haram.

But know this, when they no longer have any Igbos or Christains to kill. They will turn on fellow muslims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Ndata(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
The governor probably doe not want state of emergency declared in his state.He can even say its a robbery case,but we know better.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Hydy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lol, Religious Business Conflict!
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
j.pilata:

How can he be defending Boko Haram when Boko Haram itself does not claim to have been involved in that? Or are we so mind-f*ked that we now blame it all on Boko Haram, as if these type of things were not already regular place before Boko Haram arrived on the scene?

BokoHaram is known to announce it's involvement in criminal acts and since it has not involved itself itself in this, why are we quick to believe that it must be? Because Nigeria was virtually crime free before boko haram? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2012
saintneo:

just as yours is. how can 13 igbo men gather to prepare for the funeral other slain igbos then they were sent to their graves be termed business conflict. this is not THE GODFATHER.

Are you suggesting that before Boko Haram came to the scene, Nigeria was devoid of crimes such as the one you described up there? Come one now. This is the same country where hundreds are senselessly killed by armed robbers on our express roads, each year, in some of the most brutal manners.
Re: 13 Igbos Murdered In Mubi Were Killed By Their Kinsmen, Not Boko Haram! by Gbawe: 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
mikeansy:

Really? we should take the Governor's word for it, but those who question his judgement should provide proof?

some of you have no shame!

Indeed. Especially a shameless, decietful and corrupt excuse for a leader such as Nyarko !!! It is a tragedy people like him are still leading  Nigerians at the highest level. All we are seeing now is due to leadership failure caused by how, year in year out, kingmakers found it expedient to place 'gatekeepers' in charge instead of supporting those with the talent to move Nigeria forward. Nigeria is now doomed because of how very average and undeserving leaders , like Nyarko, imposed on Nigerians everywhere and over the years, are now unable to cope with a serious test only the best leaders can surmount.

When all fails, and you are found wanting, propaganda is next for our leaders. Is this not how the shameless Ringim claims only 7 died in the Kano attack while most reports put it conservatively at 150?

My advise to Igbo folks, and indeed all Southerners, is for them to leave that volatile region now !!!! You are collateral damage for an impotent and clueless Government being fought by fellow "owners of Nigeria" peeved that some thieves showed no honour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents / PDP Rejects Kaduna L.G.A Elections Results / Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.