Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / (1874 Views)

“feasibility Study And Business Plan On Laundry And Dry Cleaning Business ” / Starting A Laundry And Dry Cleaner Business In Your Location (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / by AMALOSHE: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
I intend to start a laundry service business in my neighborhood, i observed, there are people already in the business in the neighborhood,but im interested in the
business,pls what innovations can i put in place to have an edge over the existing ones? i look forward to your candid opinions as i know they will actually help me, in terms of finance,im earmarking N600,000.for the business. waiting for your contributions, [[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / by knowledge4(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2012
study your competitors.what are they not doing or rendering at present to their clients?Do those things.

To enter the market and have an edge, offer better quality service than the competitors at lower prices than them.

You could be picking the items from the customers' homes and offices and returning them there. That is,let the customers know that they do not have to come over to your office before they can hand over their items for laundry.

Introduce a 24 hour service whereby a client can collect his clothes within 24 hours in an emergency and charge a reasonable fee.

Do a stylish packaging better than the competition.

Present a professional appearance to the clients.Your front office must be look neat and organized,the front office staff should be well dressed,corporately or in company uniform and they must be courteous and smiling, not frowning.

Keep your promises,never failing no matter the constraint.If a client is coming back in 3 days to collect his items,it must be ready in 3 days whether or not there was a fuel strike or power failure or not.Ensure that your operations is structured to accomodate and rise above ugly incidences which may arise anytime. In the event that you must disappoint a client due to circumstances beyond control,inform the customer on time before he comes for his items and fix another date which must not fail

Pay the staff well to eliminate employee turnover.One problem some launderers have is that their pressers are always changing jobs looking for greener pastures.Pay your presser well. when a presser leaves without notice,it is a problem meeting deadlines already set. One launderer had to deploy his wife and kids plus himself, to iron clients clothing overnight when the presser man left the business without notice.

1 Like

Re: Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / by AMALOSHE: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
@KNOWLEDGE4, i m very grateful to you, you are a genius indeed,your sincere i advice is enough to see me through a successful laundry business,
i promise to heed your advice, thanks so much.
Re: Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / by bluesaint(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2014
@Knowledge4
I am very grateful for your sincerity in advice. There seem to be nothing more I could so ask for. I will appreciate a contact from you at least for further advice. Thank you sir.
Re: Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / by Recs(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hi,
You can contact me on 08139156051 if you are in Abuja. We offer Office and Home PICK UP & DELIVERY SERVICES for all your laundry material

(1) (Reply)

Small Business In Nigeria You Can Start With Less Than N50,000 And Still Make Go / The Atm Card Scamming Scheme Of First Bank / What Business Can I Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.