Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 (9048 Views)

Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by trueword: 7:18am On Jan 23, 2012
Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration by 2015
23 Jan 2012
By Aisha Wakaso

Niger State Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu has warned that the country could disintegrate by 2015 if the government continues to treat acts of treason and terrorism with "kid gloves".

He asked Nigerians to stop politicising treason and terrorism as the future of the country was at stake.

Aliyu was speaking at two different fora in Minna Sunday while playing host to Niger State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Elders Council and members of the House of Representatives from the state.

He said: “We have to work to solve the present security situation in the country. We cannot only depend on prayers without work. Most countries at peace today did not achieve it through prayers or else, we will gradually work ourselves towards the projection that Nigeria will disintegrate by 2015.”

He cited cases of a Boko Haram spokesman who was arrested and jailed for only three years "for misdemeanour" and Pastor Tunde Bakare who called for regime change.

He also referred to a presidential candidate in the last elections who stated that the country would be ungovernable if he failed to win.

Aliyu lamented that no actions had been taken against them, adding that government's attitude was increasing terrorist and treasonable statements in the land.

“People don't want to tell the truth. If we are all able to come out and handle things the way they should be handled, we would have nipped everything in the bud.

“The spokesman of Boko Haram was arrested and only given three years for misdemeanour when we all know that it is terrorism and then we begin to wonder what is going on.

“There are also people who said they would make Nigeria ungovernable if they didn't win the presidential election and I don't think anything has been done about that.

“Someone else took the opportunity of the fuel subsidy removal protests to be calling for regime change and they are all allowed to walk freely on the streets after their treasonable statements.

“A wrong thing is a wrong thing no matter the time it is done or said and if others see that some people have done it and gone away with it, they will wonder why not them,” he said.

Aliyu said it was unfortunate that the elders in the country, who should be saying something about the present situation in the country, had decided to remain silent, adding that it was time for everyone to begin to talk and proffer solution.

“If such coordinated bombings can take place on security installations in Kano, then there is problem in the country.

“Those who should be talking have not found the courage to speak, because this is something that should be rejected in its entirety,” he said.

The two groups came on solidarity visits over the violent protests that wreaked havoc on public and private properties in some towns in the state during the anti-fuel subsidy removal agitation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/gov-aliyu-nigeria-risks-disintegration-by-2015/107704/
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by trueword: 7:19am On Jan 23, 2012
if more public officials in nigeria begin to wake up and see that this country could really break up in 3 years then maybe we will start to see some changes.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Mobinga: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2012
True Words.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by umechuma: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2012
Good news.Biafra getting closer without a fight.Good news
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by BIGERBOY1: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2012
This idiot no go keep quiet. Until he draws undue attention to his state sad
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Beaf: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2012
I am 100% with governor Aliyu on this. People should have been arrested long since, the situation is getting ridiculous.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by ugosly(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2012
Hope the village Headmaster of Aso Rock is listening.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Yeske2(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2012
The governor has said it all and it is up to GEJ to act fast.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2012
I am being vindicated day by day grin.

Like I said, the attack on Kano(The largest, most important religious, political and commercial center of Northern Nigeria) would be the beginning of the end for Nigeria. If nothing DRASTIC is done as soon as possible; Northern Nigeria would become the new Somalia controlled by Islamists. Gov Aliyu has confirmed my warnings.

We will see how things unfolds and then we really know the direction of the the Nigerian project cheesy.

Biafra and other 4 republics on the horizon? Little time will tell cool.

1 Like

Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by GeneralGEJ: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2012
Noted
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Spiritmask: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by kokoA(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2012
Spiritmask:

Hmmm, gej should hold buhari resposible 4 the unrest in this con3. Nd the should sentence buhari 2 life imprisonment. Again if dis con3 wil divide, we are extending our bounding 2 river benue, the south east nd benue state wil join us, our new con3 wil be name niger delta republic, biafra or niger nd benue republic. We wil have 3 capital like that of south africa. One in calabar, cross river. One in okigwe imo nd one in gboko benue state.

Are you really serious about the bolded or you just woke up from sleep to type this undecided
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by auwal87(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2012
This Governor is clueless too, who tells him we don't want to dis-integrate??
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Lasinoh: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2012
I keep reading about this disintegration business.
How many pieces exactly will there be?
Can anyone actually predict the composition of the impending fragmentation?

Looks pretty vague.

I could care less anyhoooo. . . just wondering for wondering sake! kiss

Looks like Jesus is gonna come down first. . . . cheesy
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Osama10(m): 9:11am On Jan 23, 2012
Let it happen fast.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by matty1024: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2012
Disintegration YES, but how many Region? Presently people proposed 6 geographical zone.
I can bet my life that 6 region will not be enough. There are other minorities in some areas.
The Ibo's in the delta, the Ogoja's in the Cross River and so many others will not agree to
remain as minors. It would have been better "IF" we try to discuss and know our difference, then
we can disagree to agree once again.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 23, 2012
ONe thing for sure:

We will have

1. Biafra and 2. ND Republic (Biafra and ND Republic will have close bi-literal relationship. Passports will not be required to visit either way)

3. Odua Republic

4. Middel Belt Republic

5. Boko Haram (sorry, Arewa Rebulic)

and 6. what have you. It could be up to 10 by the end of the day.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Ninapha(f): 10:36am On Jan 23, 2012
Gov. Aliyu has earned my respect from today.  I will keep saying it, Boko haram is the brain child of someone who wants to drag this administration down and must be a muslim of the Hausa Extract and a past presidential candidate or one who has interest in the presidency. That's why he could use Boko haram and not OPC or MEND.  I agree the Govt needs to do something but Governor Aliyu sir, that includes Local , State  and Federal government as well our community leaders

If we leave this battle for just the federal Government it wd be more difficult,  Bornu state has been tagged the head quarters of BOKO HARAM, till date how has the governor helped in sanitizing his state, is he not the chief security officer of his state?
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by otondo55: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2012
We all know the plan, side by side we can live in peace.

Disintegrate once and for all !

We are looking forward to it, let it come fast !

Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2012
noblezone:

ONe thing for sure:

We will have

1. Biafra and 2. ND Republic (Biafra and ND Republic will have close bi-literal relationship. Passports will not be required to visit either way)

3. Odua Republic

4. Middel Belt Republic

Very realistic and in tune with reality.

Are you a demographer and a sooth sayer? More grease to your elbow.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by sweet9ja: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2012
auwal87:

This Governor is clueless too, who tells him we don't want to dis-integrate??
Haba mallam, then there is no need killing ourselves.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Mavor: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2012
Looking forward to this big time.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Sonofpeace(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2012
I can see that some people have started sh.iting their pants due to fear of possible disintegration. I pray that Nigeria would outgrow all these ethnocentric tendancies and work as a people with national pride though i don't see it coming. SNC is desperately needed to salvage this nation destined to be great.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by 27naira(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2012
noblezone:

ONe thing for sure:

We will have

3. Odua Republic

4. Middel Belt Republic

I just cant stop laughing   cheesy
you guys know how to turn a serious matter into a comic
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by aAK1(m): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2012
Aliyu knows what he is takin about.minna is presently hot for every one involved in the troble we had durin the subsidy protest.he has been pikin up big names who we all know r the master mind of all dis tins
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by obowunmi(m): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2012
PDP is Boko Horam. PDP is terrorizing Nigeria.
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by velo10: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2012
Is this not one of the so-called PDP governors that loudly endorsed GEJ. I think he's simply lamenting that his party's repute is waning
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by skullbaba: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2012
noblezone:

ONe thing for sure:

We will have
Biafra and 2. ND Republic (Biafra and ND Republic will have close bi-literal relationship. Passports will not be required to visit
1.either
way)

3. Odua Republic

4. Middel Belt Republic

ndigbo. everything to you you guys is business. i even doubt if you are not the financiar of boko haram
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by auwal87(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by AroOkigbo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
What is wrong with Nigeria disintegrating? God never created us to be one in the first place. (if not for our selfish colonial masters, all this shìt for no de happen)
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
Thank you Sir,

BH is working towards it,

GEJ is acting cool so as to void the prophesy,

Me I am praying it happens, cos Nigeria my beloved isn't truly beloved to me and my kins men!!!
Re: Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 by chmod777: 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
[size=18pt]What tribe does an Asaba man (the home of late Nzeogwu and al so home of the present chairman of Ohaneze), Iselukwu, Onitcha-Ugbo and all their neighbors belong ?, What tribe does Ndoni, Eche, Ikwere all in River state belong, what tribe does Ilorin and all her neighbors in Kwara belong. I have never heard anyone call Tunde Bakare who is from Kwara, a north central man. Why ?
Then I ask how will the prospective nations of Nigeria be >>
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Outshop Americans By 32% / Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful / Buhari, APC Have Kept Promise Of Relegating Nigeria – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.