Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

“why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader (82944 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Abagworo(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
I've written times without number that Yar'adua caused all these with his sickness. He made sick decisions that caused more problems for his weak successor. They had no reason to kill Yusuf.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Kx: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
The governors' selfish interest in signing and obeying the terms of those agreements may have been such that they could use BH as militias to quell oppositions for their smooth embezzlement of the state treasury.

Nothing else would have justified those agreements on the parts of the 2 ex-governors mentioned.

How short sighted they were.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Beaf: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
^
It might be wrong to conclude that they were shortsighted, because nobody knows the real purpose of boko haram. From the article, it seems they are like a mafia whose only purpose is extortion from core-Northern govts that practice sharia, but who really knows what they are? All we know is they are attached to sharia states one way or the other.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by manchy7531: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2012
In Bauchi State, the Governor, Malam Yuguda reached similar agreement with the leadership of the group. A monthly disbursement of N10million was agreed upon along with provision of training grounds on the many mountain scattered in Bauchi State.

that is why i was not surprised when malam yuguda evily gave away 500million naira(half a billion naira that will build schools and hospital for his almajiri children roaming the streets and you want to tell me Nigeria will develop with the north still with the southplease people should start having a rethink)  all in the name of compensating the family of a deceased bokoharam member kill by security officials, it was just a funny way of funding them and also siphoning the resource of the state, very soon we will soon occupy our resources by then all that will stop

also remember this was the same bas-tard that said the youth corp members that died during the post election violence died due to destiny but nothing was given to their families as compensation, can you guys now see that bokoharam is not Jonathan fault but because there is a well establish cult of highly place officials in the northern society(from government to private to politicians to security officials to religious leaders to scholastic leaders to local officials to infact almost every body.none of them can be trusted.that is why power must remain in the south in 2015) in place,even before Jonathan came that will always frustrate his effort to bring them to justice.kabiru sokoto is a typical example of how they work to frustrate justice even when taken to court he may as well be granted bail of given 3yrs jail term , lol!!!!i laugh in Nigeria.that is why i don't agree with those blaming Jonathan for not doing anything.he has done all he can do and he is still trying his best.am not a Jonathan fan but i want to reason with fair understanding.as for the north,judgement day is around the corner.am only concern about those diplomatic fools in the SW that substitute cowardice for sophistication that will betray the southern solidarity.and if it happens again as in 1967,i promise them the whole of lagos,ibadan and abeokuta will be buried underground, Mark my word!!
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Wallie(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
You should never negotiate with terrorists especially if they’re not going to fully disarm! Paying off non-state actors with guns is only postponing your day of reckoning! If anything, the goal should have been to re-integrate the fringe elements back into the society so that they can function like normal human beings.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by namfav(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
seee, the problem is that similar to the bomb threats by the ibo guys, people will now take this as the truth

sounds like complete rubbish to me
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Abagworo(m): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
After reading that article "Nigeria targeted for destruction" , I have come to realize that the whole crisis is external. Nigeria needs to be divided into North and South as soon as possible to avoid bloodshed. Gaddafi knew what we did not know.

Even the division will only save us in the South while the North will be in serious crisis. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by greeze: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
with this information is only fool can say this is not real and the problem now is not what mr president alone can handle, but all i want to sugest is to allow all the serving corpers in the northern part of the country to return back to their various town because our govt value the life of BH more precious than corper and leave hausa with BH and nigerian should storp insulting mr president because he is not 4rm noth
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by mohid(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
Its all a silly plot by the Northern elite to keep Nigeria on its toes so that they can use BokoHaram as a bargaining chip for the presidency come 2015.They know the threat of an Igbo challenge for the presidency is real and of course since this is Africa there is always the temptation that the incumbent could backpedal on his one-term promise and stay longer in power. Their reckoning is that the only reason GEJ got into power was cause of sentiments generated as regards the marginalization of the South South and he was literally served the presidency as a means of appeasing the ND militants, unfortunately I don’t think they took into consideration that with the economic viability of the southern part of Nigeria over the North there might be no Nigeria come 2015! Or maybe they did and reckon our internal rumblings and greed of our elders down south would make seceding impossible. Unfortunately there is a booming internet savvy generation that cares the least about the entity Nigeria and are completely unpredictable.Time will tell.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by bilaya(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
This sounds unbelievable.So they actually know where Shekau is and nothing is being done to get him?
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by maclatunji: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
This article tells me that Boko Haram have a better intelligence network than the Nigerian State. However, I knew that already! Their attack in Kano last week crippled government's intelligence gathering structure in that state. Isn't that pathetic?

I suggest that GEJ should quietly get Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha out of detention and get him to do what he does best. Gather intelligence for the government in power.

We are in deep doo-doo!
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Abagworo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
mohid:

Its all a silly plot by the Northern elite to keep Nigeria on its toes so that they can use BokoHaram

I don't think this has to do with internal politics. Nigeria is being used as a stage for international politics. Unfortunately it is too late and nothing can stop it except division. Even after division, the North will remain a theatre of war.

allafrica.com/stories/201112270977.html
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by kizito96(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
Why are we worrying Jonathan when the Governors even visit their training site and pay monthly subvention to them?
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by MemeInc(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
OBJ, a name that scares away the devil himself, how come i didnt think he was involved in all these earlier
, just put an end to this tragedy undecided
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by maclatunji: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
kizito96:

Why are we worrying Jonathan when the Governors even visit their training site and pay monthly subvention to them?

Maybe it is because he has the Armed forces at his disposal and can sack any Governor that poses a security risk to Nigeria if push comes to shove undecided
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by LEXYLOV: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
You see what I have been advocate on NL all this while. Unless there will be Rawling of Ghana type of revolution happen here I don't see anyway forward. Just imagine government knows about this all the way, How may we knows that obasanjo administration is not paying this people salaries and benefit directly. Those name are the ones leak out yet, am very sure there are lots of shocking big names that are yet uncover ties to BH. Lots of past and present leaders and their colleagues are on their mansions and castles still commanding and give directive to the goverment of the day. Those are the people supposed to be like 50ft below the ground by now angry angry angry
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
And those people wey wan crucify GEJ when even me an ordinary street boy knows that there is something really shady behind Boko Haram. As long as the Northern Governors continue to feed those beasts, how can Jonathan do anything? when he said "we know the sponsors" most Nairalanders began to call him names for doing nothing, are many of these governors not from PDP? Are they not part of Jonathan's regime? If Jonathan had done anything wouldn't it had been like pouring wara ino a basket? angry . This fight requires a lot of strategy o and I no know whether all those impulsive nairalanders dey get d gist at all. F9 for simple understanding but A1 for playing blame games and doing nothing to solve problems! angry wetin una get to yan now? undecided
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by goldfx2: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
Here is my take, Maybe they are just a bunch of fragmented Terrorist group that are being hijacked by;

a, Bitter Presidential Aspirants
b, Some Individuals that want Nigeria to break up
c, Some agents in the Military loyal to the northern ideology that they are 'born to rule'.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by jumobi1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nigeria would start to break up when a Muslim Northerner runs for President in 2015 and loses. No way Nigeria votes for them thanks to Boko Haram. That is when they would do their worst.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
manchy7531:

.am only concern about those diplomatic fools in the SW that substitute cowardice for sophistication that will betray the southern solidarity.and if it happens again as in 1967,i promise them the whole of lagos,ibadan and abeokuta will be buried underground, Mark my word!!

We all know this is where you are going generation of cowards.

Where was this Southern Solidarity when your kinsmen killed the Western premier, Killed a SS man but forgot to kill their own?
Bloody backstabbers

Come and bury Ibadan, Abeokuta and Lagos underground. Ask your grandparents what befell them in Ore. Ask them if they know a certain Black Scorpion

We have done it before, we wont hesitate to do it again and hope you wont start screaming genocide when we are done and this time there wont be Abidjan to run to.

Useless people!!!
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Hydy(m): 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
Lol,
Sorry, baba (OBJ) is too JaZZed to be killed.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by omnitrix: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
This boko haram stuff is really hydra headed, ISWEARIGAWD,
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by Abagworo(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Where was this Southern Solidarity when your kinsmen killed the Western premier, Killed a SS man but forgot to kill their own?
Bloody backstabbers

Since you seem to have attached geo-political politics to your statement, you need some education. Those so called kinsmen were actually from the SS. Southeasterners were as much victims as they are in this latest boko haram saga.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by juman(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hiss
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

Since you seem to have attached geo-political politics to your statement, you need some education. Those so called kinsmen were actually from the SS. Southeasterners were as much victims as they are in this latest boko haram saga.

Really kindlly enlighten me where Ifeajuna, Nwobosi are from?

You mean if a Yoruba man from Offa or Omu Aran does the same he wont be regarded as a Yoruba?

Simple Soldiers of Ibo origin the slaves and cowards of Nigeria killed unarmed civilians in their bedrooms
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by upengineer: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
This should be the second time i will be reading an article linking cameroon with boko haram. I think the security agencies still have alot of work to do
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by ezeagu(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo already knows what I'm about to say. Southern Nigeria my foot.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by imagrg(m): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
the boko haram group should be called to dialogue. they have an axe to grind with the corrupt politicians in nigeria.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by lagcity(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
very funny. these jokers want to whack OBJ. na beans? the same OBJ who used to snap his fingers and just disappear during Biafran war grin. Baba Iyabo get more jazz than Louis Armstrong and Miles Davis put together cheesy. OBJ dey kampe, notin dey happen.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by member479760: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
Madarikan at work! OBJ i commot my cap for you ooo baba.
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by tpia5: 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ topic

did somebody ask them a question?
Re: “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader by chmod777: 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
where is the young man called al-harem or what is his name. There is no smoke without fire.
One Nigeria is better 4Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Asks INEC To Apologize, The Look On INEC Chairman Got Nigerians Talki / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel / Rhodes-Vivour, Labour Party Governorship Candidate Campaigns At Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.