Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,067 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: (7989 Views)

UK Biafra:Nigerian Militants Hijack Merchant Ship And Demand Activist's Releas / MASSOB Gives FG One-week Ultimatum To Release Nnamdi Kanu-vanguard / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by htajz: 2:35am On Jan 24, 2012
AWKA-THE Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, yesterday gave the Nigerian Army 48 hours to release its members arrested and detained in Onitsha since last Sunday, saying its non-violent posture should not be mistaken for weakness.

Addressing newsmen in Onitsha, MASSOB Director of Information, Mr. Uchenna Madu, also demanded release of corpses of the organisation’s members allegedly killed same day for proper burial.

Madu, who spoke on behalf of MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazurike, said the Army was provoking MASSOB by what he called the unwarranted killing and detention of its members.

He said: “The Army in Onitsha is mistaking our non-violent posture for cowardice and weakness, when the same Army has left the Boko Haram to continue wasting lives of innocent citizens of the country with bombs in the North. If this ultimatum is not heeded, the Army and the Federal Government will see the violent side of MASSOB.

“The current security challenges the country is grappling with as a result of the activities of Boko Haram Islamic will be a child’s play if at the expiration of our ultimatum, our members held in different military facilities in the South-East and police cells are still being held by the Army.

“With the kind of treatment MASSOB members are getting from the Army in the South East, we are beginning to believe that the soldiers are out to deal with MASSOB members. We have endured the killing of Ndigbo in the North without reprisal, but we are being pushed to the wall by the Army in our own land.”

Madu said Uwazurike was visibly angry when he learnt of the development in Onitsha, adding that it was unfortunate that the people should be arrested or killed where they were holding a meeting.

It was gathered that the MASSOB members were arrested in different locations in Onitsha where they were making arrangements for the burial of late Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Odimegwu Ojukwu.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/massob-gives-army-48hrs-to-release-detained-members/

i guess it finally came sooner than i thought , its really about to get ugly
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Obiagu1(m): 2:56am On Jan 24, 2012
Who gave the Army the authority to arrest or kill MASSOB members? Who sent them out from their barracks when there's not trouble in the East? Are they the police?

Nigeria is seeking what will consume her?
Non-violence will soon be discarded since the promoter of such ideology is dead.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by htajz: 3:02am On Jan 24, 2012
its really going to get nasty but am sure they will be released cus this is obviously a plot to drag massob into the whole mess or to create a distraction. there were n protest in the east so we cant claim those soldiers were trying to stop protest like in lagos.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by aljharem(m): 3:04am On Jan 24, 2012
Obiagu1:

Who gave the Army the authority to arrest or kill MASSOB members? Who sent them out from their barracks when there's not trouble in the East? Are they the police?

Nigeria is seeking what will consume her?
Non-violence will soon be discarded since the promoter of such ideology is dead.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin true of a coward

Mouth mouth mouth, abeg go sleep

[b]if a protest against BOKO HARAM cannot consume Nigeria [/b]it is now the clowns Massob that would do the job. Pleeeassse go sleep
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by BlackPikiN(m): 3:07am On Jan 24, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin true of a coward

Mouth mouth mouth, abeg go sleep

if a protest against BOKO HARAM cannot consume Nigeria [/b]it is now the[b] clowns Massob that would do the job. Pleeeassse go sleep

hahaha, I laugh in boko haram!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by NegroNtns(m): 3:11am On Jan 24, 2012
you cant get sympathisers on your side because your overjoy at the deployment of boots and guns in Lagos has produced coldness where otherwise should have been comforting shoulders.  Where is Beaf now to talk about SS/SE coalition and how West is the enemy?   Is West deploying army to harrass and arrest MASSOB or is this a SS propaganda to elevate its own MEND to the forefront of militancy in East by intimidating and silencing rival group?   You all let that madcow deceive you into following his downcreek dogma of a common enemy in West.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by bashr8: 3:20am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

you cant get sympathisers on your side because your overjoy at the deployment of boots and guns in Lagos has produced coldness where otherwise should have been comforting shoulders.  Where is Beaf now to talk about SS/SE coalition and how West is the enemy?   Is West deploying army to harrass and arrest MASSOB or is this a SS propaganda to elevate its own MEND to the forefront of militancy in East by intimidating and silencing rival group?   You all let that madcow deceive you into following his downcreek dogma of a common enemy in West.

we would have preferred to keep quiet and watch nigeria break up by itself and even let the mend take the upper hand as you say, but i guess we have been dragged into it, we all know what happens when we get dragged into such either way nigeria is still going to break up so start getting ready for that.
west are not they enemy they are just back stabbers talking from both side of the mouth , you claim to be the ones pushing for true federalism and SNC but you get high blood pressure anytime disinteration is mentioned by the igbos or if biafra is mentioned, make up your mind you backstabbers and stop talking from both side of your mouth.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by NegroNtns(m): 3:27am On Jan 24, 2012
west are not they enemy they are just back stabbers talking from both side of the mouth , you claim to be the ones pushing for true federalism and SNC but you get high blood pressure anytime disinteration is mentioned by the igbos or if biafra is mentioned, make up your mind you backstabbers and stop talking from both side of your mouth

you are untrustworthy. . . the moment we agree to any terms then you misinterprete it as invitation to settle our land. No we dont need you for anything, we are good without you. Trust me!!

Amyway, countdown. . . 24hrs gone since ultimatum was issued. . . 24 more to go.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by bashr8: 3:31am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

you are untrustworthy. . . the moment we agree to any terms then you misinterprete it as invitation to settle our land. No we dont need you for anything, we are good without you. Trust me!!

Amyway, countdown. . . 24hrs gone since ultimatum was issued. . . 24 more to go.

then shut the f up and stop sabotaging any thread that has to do with biafra or eastern nigeria.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by ASOROCKb(m): 4:30am On Jan 24, 2012
When will Massob get the ball of hitting back. Dont forever be as cold as ur jonamumu because Biafra wont be bombarded that way. Tell yah!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by NegroNtns(m): 4:40am On Jan 24, 2012
then shut the f up and stop sabotaging any thread that has to do with biafra or eastern nigeria

you are a non-entity in Biafra. foolish rat! beside nl who know you for East, yeye. In fact, onye ochi!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by dayokanu(m): 4:53am On Jan 24, 2012
Ise eniyan ise eranko

Because other protested against taking soldiers these Igbo slaves too think they are freeborns?

na wa oo

After 48hrs lets see what would happen
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by houvest: 5:24am On Jan 24, 2012
What has the army got against Massob? Assuming it was a premptive measure to stop reprisals in the East, why kill  non-violent people. This is really uncalled for. and serious push on MASSOB buttons
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 24, 2012
yeparipa. me i go dey here for 48 hours make i see wetin dem noisemakers wan do, kia!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by BlackPikiN(m): 5:44am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^^^^^
Click on this topic.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-366707.0.html
You will thank me later.
That's the thread you should fix your eyes on.
you are becoming irritating.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2012
ediots their bother are bombing their families in the north , they here arresting another country's armies to beundecided
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by 9jaIhail(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2012
it is a right time uwazuruike need to change his strategies at least equip massob with full arms.secondly massob need to step up in a confrontation with any stupid army or police force that will arise to intimidate them rubbish
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by ocelot2006(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2012
MASSOB gives the NA an ultimatum? LOL!!! Mehn, nice one. Let them keep dreaming.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by sirbiafra: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2012
The people of this country are running out of patience to see a division, this victimisation and intimidation cannot continue
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Okijajuju1(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2012
- Massob trying to stay relevant in the grand scheme of things. . . They shall soon understand what happened to Osisikankwu should any one of them act a fool.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by namfav(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2012
hahaha remember talk is cheap so will shall see
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by DaWizard47: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Ise eniyan ise eranko

Because other protested against taking soldiers these Igbo slaves too think they are freeborns?

na wa oo

Irrespective of the topic of this thread, I think you are a bastard for calling Igbos slaves in Nigeria #fact
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by safarigirl(f): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2012
Interesting
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Ise eniyan ise eranko

na wa oo

In 3 days time, u will regret your post. U will be the first to pay for fooolishness and pen maliciousness. You will get that knock soon
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by cashmentor(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2012
safarigirl:

Interesting
more than interesting i guess!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by ajodog1: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] angryif massob start dia own na die b dat o!i'm warning d armies 2 respect dia khaki n comply b4 d detonation time reach o. Massob no b toy 2 press lyk booby o. Eye wey c war nahim knw as e ugly o!!! 9ja abeg 1 luv.

Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by Ournaija: 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2012
Abeg make them settle dis MASSOB boys and let focus on BH boys for now. Anything the East venture into, dem dey over do.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by gentlegg(m): 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
I am an Igbo, supports MASSOB's agitation but not their style. Infact i live a few metres away from where this incident of Massob with Army happened on sunday. Those Massob boys are clowns, stupid, pure Abakaliki boys. Imaging them mounting road blocks and collecting money from bikes and vehicles carrying goods, terrorizing and harassing us their supposed brothers. Before you do any construction work in our area you have to pay them some charges first and so many other miscreant activities. Where and when you expect them to react, they wouldn't. Infact the military should flush them out

1 Like

Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by solihu(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
Bia gentle g, I owe a bowl of nkwobi and bottle wey dey sweat.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by member479760: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ibo kweenu!
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by waxrider: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
By the way I am Odua tokan-tokan from Ile-Ife. But wait ooo, its getting too much on this Ibo people.

Are they the only one in Nigeria?

Boko-haram butchering them in the North, Fulanis in Jos. Now Nigerian army on their own land.

One thing I will say is they use mouth a lot.

Nigerian military and SSS is operated by Hausas to protect their boko-haram interest. If Ibo people continue their mouth game, instead of acting, they will just go into extinction.

Nigerian military/hausa is ready annihilate them.

When OPC came out to brandish their guns against boko-haram last year, the Igbo leader in Lagos came out and started talking poooo that Lagos doesnt belong to Yorubas alone, they should not bring trouble to Lagos. Igbo people are ready to confront OPC. I was mad when I read it on news. I asked myself is not the same course OPC is fighting with you. Is it not ur fight ?

Now trouble is finding them in their own house. They are bunch of cowards.

Atleast OPC did a war show. What has indigbo done ?
Nothing except mouth.

And later they will be calling yorubas name. They will say yorubas are not cooperating with them.
I remeber, hausa communities in Lagos was distabilized.
Yorubas has balls, they showed it. What has indigbo done ?

Yorubas are mafias, remeber Ife and Modekeke. We fight face-to-face war and not coward throw and run like boko-haram.

I am proud to be a yoruba man.
Re: Massob Gives Army 48 Hours To Releas Its Members Or: by phreakabit(m): 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2012
Why not arrest Boko Haram members? ( Even though this action will be justified.)

Why not arrest OPC members? ( Because there is absolutely no need to do so.)

This is a clear case of unprovoked arrest by the Nigerian army and is absolutely illegal.

IMO, since it is apparent that there are very few Igbos in the Nigerian army force. MASSOB should capitalize on this fact by "retaliating" in any form they see necessary.

Them no make BOMB for only BH.

What is it sef?!

[size=15pt]Major General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika better speak up now or else, when these Northerners go back to their states. He should remember that he will remain with US in the SE. . . No excuse will be tolerated .[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Economist Prof Sam Aluko Is Dead / Court Rejects Metuh’s Bid To Call Dasuki As Witness / Watch Shekau Preaching , Many Years Before Becoming A Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.