Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1209087 members, 1562246 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 05:31 AM

Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! (3854 Views)

National Confab: Tinubu Wants Ndigbo To Continue In Slavery –umeh / Ndigbo Nairaland Organization (NNO). Volunteer For Service! / Did The Ijaws Support Biafra. I Need To Get To The Bottom Of This Matter. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by NegroNtns(m): 3:04am On Jan 25, 2012
Read what this dude said about ibos in Lagos voicing against OPC's march and challenge to Boko. See where he said OPC fighting same cause that is in your favor. . . .but yet who is the opposing voice?

fvck all you ibos!! You are your own enemy. . . go fix ya own dayam trouble. leave your people up there or bring them home doesnt in any way hurt Yoruba.

By the way I am Odua tokan-tokan from Ile-Ife. But wait ooo, its getting too much on this Ibo people.

Are they the only one in Nigeria?

Boko-haram butchering them in the North, Fulanis in Jos. Now Nigerian army on their own land.

One thing I will say is they use mouth a lot.

Nigerian military and SSS is operated by Hausas to protect their boko-haram interest. If Ibo people continue their mouth game, instead of acting, they will just go into extinction.

Nigerian military/hausa is ready annihilate them.

When OPC came out to brandish their guns against boko-haram last year, the Igbo leader in Lagos came out and started talking poooo that Lagos doesnt belong to Yorubas alone, they should not bring trouble to Lagos. Igbo people are ready to confront OPC. I was mad when I read it on news. I asked myself is not the same course OPC is fighting with you. Is it not ur fight ?

Now trouble is finding them in their own house. They are bunch of cowards.

Atleast OPC did a war show. What has indigbo done ?
Nothing except mouth.

And later they will be calling yorubas name. They will say yorubas are not cooperating with them.
I remeber, hausa communities in Lagos was distabilized.
Yorubas has balls, they showed it. What has indigbo done ?

Yorubas are mafias, remeber Ife and Modekeke. We fight face-to-face war and not coward throw and run like boko-haram.

I am proud to be a yoruba man.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by stayreal: 3:22am On Jan 25, 2012
My brothers, please continue this discussion. This is good for us. Don't let outsiders come in to cloud your vision of helping and planning for Ndigbo.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by stayreal: 3:38am On Jan 25, 2012
efisher:

OP has a point. If Igbos cannot stay in the North, why then is Nigeria still recognized as a country. Having said that, it is important to preserve your life first. What I would suggest is that the Igbos who remain should form themselves into larger groups / communities within the north and get the security services to provide general support for them. Eg there are parts of Kaduna / Kano that are dominated by Igbos. Such places can be fortified as safe havens for the igbos.

Good point. Any security services must be provided by our people. We cannot afford to hire a potential Boko haram member or sympathizer. I know many of you are already aware of this though. cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by stayreal: 3:51am On Jan 25, 2012
@ Negro_Ntns

I think you are in the wrong thread. Let me help you out.

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710432.0.html

Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Onlytruth(m): 4:13am On Jan 25, 2012
Okay I'm back and I have a few wrong impressions to correct.

The first one is that I never said that people should stay and be sitting ducks to be butchered by "Boko Haram".
I am only saying that they must not pick up and run to the East en mass again. Doing so is exactly what "Boko Haram" wants to achieve, and if we are doing what they hoped we'd do, then there is no guarantee that there won't be latter stages of this reign of terror. There is no guarantee that this would end in the North. We need to keep a very close eye on it and to enable us study it and perfect ways of neutralizing it. If we leave, we cannot learn anything. If they ever head south, we have no way of defending because we know nothing of how they operate. If we leave, some mischievous people in Nigeria (most of who are in the south BTW) would cash in to start spinning this as Igbo vs the North again. We've got to watch out for that!

Second point, is that I reiterate my advise, that we do this together with moderate Northerners, middle belters, and southerners who are courageous enough to stay. Please note that not all southern groups are equally courageous, I won't say more on this. Women and children have already been sent home at stated by Olodostein which is very good; the men should stay; form themselves into secured enclaves, and live there. They can organize their own security network to do this.
PointB made a very important suggestion, which is to form a HUMIT, which does not need to be heavily armed to operate. We still have the Nigeria security services which would act on the intelligence if given to the right person.
Also, whether we accept it or not, Nigeria is still one, and the federal government is obligated by the constitution to protect ALL Nigerians living in ALL parts of Nigeria. I would be a fool not to milk that to the last. There are Northerners in the South and East which are going about their businesses because the army is protecting them. We should demand such protection too for our people in their enclaves up North. We should hold General Ihejirika personally accountable if he fails to protect us. If southerners leave the North, mark my word, there would be less incentive to maintain pressure on Boko Haram, and when that happens, it can grow to become a monster capable of consuming all in its paths, including the Nigerian security system.

To all those who oppose my ideas on this, thank you. I am also learning from you. Keep up the good work! cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Onlytruth(m): 4:15am On Jan 25, 2012
BTW please note that I insist on putting "Boko Haram" in quotes because we still don't know who is behind them.
Until we do, it remains in quotes!
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Jenifa1: 5:03am On Jan 25, 2012
^ ojukwu wannabe.
abeg commot jare.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Olodo in Yoruba language denotes a failure.  That moniker is a befitting tag for you to carry.

You sign off your posts with Shalom, do you know what Shalom means?  

You need to speak up and do it confidently. . . in the first higlight, who is this "some Yorubas" and exactly who is the ethnic tribe they hate?  Can you please answer that.

In the second highlight, again, who is this 'some'?  

I gave you plenty hints already for ibo people to look at your image in the mirror and ask yourself what is wrong with you?  What else do you want Yoruba to give you?  Everytime ibo open mouth "we are brave",  "we fought a war", " we are successful", " if Hausa try us, it will be war". . . . all kind of nonsense boast and chest beating.  Now rubber meet road, you are sitting here passing gas cause fear don catch you!

Now you show your cowardice and vulnerability and looking for everybody including Yoruba to come to your aid.  Well guess what nigga, thats what the fvck we been here since last night doing, aiding ya as s!!  

When Yoruba settle a land, we do so with humility.  Maybe if your generation start doing that as you go different places and settle for business you might change the course of destiny for your children and fore children so they dont wake up to the same discussion you have struggled with since 1945.  It is fvcking 2012, its time for a new Igbo brand!!  You are your own enemy, dont blame anyone for  your victimization.  You cannot intimidate people on their own land with your ego and think they will not hate you. Hausa hates arrogance.  Yoruba hates arrogance.  I dont know about you but every people i know of hates arrogance.  You igbo people are arrogant!!!  Get a new brand and start living instead of dying.

boko situation is a national problem and i dont see anyone else panicked and rushing to go get their people. . . . so i dont why you freaking out! and wondering why nobody else is freaking out with you.  Nobody has acted arrogantly in their host's land.  Your past is haunting you. . . .thats what your fvking problem is.  

Dont piss me off tonight. angry

Hey fella,

I am not here to please or prove anything to you nor anyone. So, whichever way you try to twist my moniker is your problem and yours alone. The problem with people like you is that you claim you know everything. Raw facts and truth scares the hell out of you. I don't talk just to talk, I talk from experiences.

We don't need your hints. It is baseless and ripe with pre-conceived notion and stereotypes. We ask nothing of you. We are capable to confront our issues head on. Your people need help, you better go render to them. Everybody knows in Nigeria those who are prominent noise makers and do for nothing folks. So I am not going to stoop myself low in delving into that debate with you. It is so obvious.

Who da phuck need your help? No one. We know those who are well known for their cowardice. So I am not going to go into another endless debate with you on that. One of the problem with you people is that you stick your mouth where it doesn't fit. Why do you like to intrude into other people's discussions? That your busy body trait is just so evident on this forum. Do you see me intruding into forums that pertains your folks to try and create division or hijack the important discussion that is being addressed. Cmon, get some dignity, my friend.

Humility! Oh humility! your yoruba are known to be the loudest people. Many people can't stand them. London is a prime example. I don't wish to go further on that. Besides, do not mistake holding your ground for arrogance. We Ndigbo don't like to be taken for granted nor stepped upon for no just cause. We don't go looking for trouble but don't look for us. But your yoruba people has proven to be doormats over and over again. That is why it was so easy for the mallams to invade you people and thus they became your masters ever since.

For the record, whenever there is a crisis like this in the North. Your yoruba people always run away from their homes to seek refuge in igbo and other southern enclaves. I see this happen over and over again with my own eyes. Your people in the North do everything possible to assimilate with the Hausawa, but the truth is that they fundamentally don't like your character. The worst thing an average Northerner hate is a Double faced Chameleon. If you could remember the fight that ensued in Shagamu years ago and in reprisal attacks, they went door to door and slaughtered any of your people they could get hold of. And it is very EASY for them because you people like cheap rent and wants to live within their vicinity. The worst part of the disease is that you are always in DENIAL. Don't you value the lives of your kinsmen? Cmon!

Until you come out of your envious shell, will you see the light of the day. Be REAL for once in your life and stop being a Fake. Nobody likes a chameloen AKA your so called "yoruba wisdom".

Did you hit your head on the wall when you got pissed? For all I care you can go and hang! but please mind your BUSINESS there.

As stayreal suggested http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710432.0.html

Go to where you belong and stop derialing this thread or are you a secret admirer of our Republican nature(look at the way we break down issues even when we disagree with each other)? Cmon, say the TRUTH cheesy. I laugh in Ndigbo grin grin grin grin grin!!!!!!!!!!!

Shalom cool cool cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by namfav(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
are ibos brave enough? that one is up for debate
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
namfav:

are ibos brave enough? that one is up for debate

Your bravery ends with COWARDLY suicide bombing.

Now, get out of here and don't derail this thread BH.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by namfav(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2012
when i was speaking about bravery im asking if brave enough to 'defend yourselves' as you have been saying, i doubt it, you are just manipulative paranoid cowards for aslong as you point fingers at things you cant see, but assume you see, because you hear other people talking about them

Olodostein:

Your bravery ends with COWARDLY suicide bombing.

Now, get out of here and don't derail this thread BH.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by ak47mann(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
namfav:

when i was speaking about bravery im asking if brave enough to 'defend yourselves' as you have been saying, i doubt it, you are just manipulative paranoid cowards for aslong as you point fingers at things you cant see, but assume you see, because you hear other people talking about them

i heard now in Nigeria they call northerners suicide bombers is their new name cool cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by namfav(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
ok mr cannibal

ak47mann:

i heard now in Nigeria they call northerners suicide bombers is their new name cool cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by ak47mann(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
namfav:

ok mr cannibal

cannibal!!did you say cannibal? look CNN shows were hausa/Fulani roasted body parts being eating by middle beltans coollive on tv.and you still get mouth, suicide bomber like you cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by PointB: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2012
Guys lets not derail this thread. Let's as much as possible ignore those who are bent on creating confusion and disorder in this thread.

for the avoidance of doubt, Boko Haram members are not spirits. The security force have managed to kill many of them. Once you survive their initial bomb confusion and misdirection you or any well armed individual can easily pick off their members in shootout. They are cowards, and very vulnerable. Vigilance, standing and fighting them will keep them at bay.

those who choose to remain in the north must not be afraid of BH.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
PointB:

Guys lets not derail this thread. Let's as much as possible ignore those who are bent on creating confusion and disorder in this thread.

for the avoidance of doubt, Boko Haram members are not spirits. The security force have managed to kill many of them. Once you survive their initial bomb confusion and misdirection you any well armed individual can easily pick off their members in shootout. They are cowards, and very vulnerable. Vigilance, standing and fighting them will keep them at bay.

those who choose to remain in the north must not be afraid of BH.

Heeded Point Blank. We will ignore those sympathizers who are trying to derail this thread. They will be defeated.

Our families are leaving permanently and we are staying temporarily as events develop cool.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by PointB: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2012
^^^
Thank my able brother.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Valon4ego(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
@olodostein do you stay in sabo gari? I want to know the situation of things there. Do you know whether there've been any shoot out or bombing there?
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
Valon4ego:

@olodostein do you stay in sabo gari? I want to know the situation of things there. Do you know whether there've been any shoot out or bombing there?

I stay around airport road which is a stone throw to sabon gari. No, there haven't been any attack yet. But we are ever more vigilant and there is increased patrol by the army. Reinforcement came in from Lagos. We are following the situation as they develop.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Valon4ego(m): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
Olodostein:

I stay around airport road which is a stone throw to sabon gari. No, there haven't been any attack yet. But we are ever more vigilant and there is increased patrol by the army. Reinforcement came in from Lagos. We are following the situation as they develop.
thanks for the reply brother and i hope you keep the updates coming. Highly value your feedbacks
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
Valon4ego:

thanks for the reply brother and i hope you keep the updates coming. Highly value your feedbacks

You are welcome bro. Meanwhile, if you know anyone with families who are vulnerable, they should think of relocating to safer areas outside the core  North. It could take weeks for things to stabilize if it ever would. Long term plan should be on their agenda as well. The core North is getting more unstable.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by nagoma(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
And why is Olodo still there? Acting big man?
L the
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
nagoma:

And why is Olodo still there? Acting big man?
L the

Don't you want us the men to keep the engine of the economy going and to help good natives of kano keep BH at bay from our shores?

My friend, we are here in core North temporarily and following the situation as they develop.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Valon4ego(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
Olodostein:

You are welcome bro. Meanwhile, if you know anyone with families who are vulnerable, they should think of relocating to safer areas outside the core  North. It could take weeks for things to stabilize if it ever would. Long term plan should be on their agenda as well. The core North is getting more unstable.
i have relatives staying there. They are still there for now. I'm not just sure of what they plan to do,but it's not exactly easy to relocate to another place
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2012
Valon4ego:

i have relatives staying there. They are still there for now. I'm not just sure of what they plan to do,but it's not exactly easy to relocate to another place

Yes, I understand what you mean bro. It is not always easy, especially after investing a lot of time and money. That is why we are stressing long term. The situation in kano has not reached the level of borno and yola yet. We still following the situation to see how the FG and the good people of Kano reign down on BH activities. But my honest advice would be to plan long term especially for the women and children. God will see us through cool.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ndigbo who want, can stay up North and die.

This Boko Haram thing has showed that they (Ndigbo) are not the sole targets or atleast not the obvious target.

Any man who see death coming and stands in the way, had better have a coffin booked.

angry
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Yeske2(m): 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
Any Igbo wo(man) who remains in the north is doing that at his/her own peril.
     Nuff said.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by Onlytruth(m): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thanks a million my able brother Olodostein. Your information is HIGHLY appreciated.
Thanks PointB [/b]for helping to keep things in focus. My brothers, [b]unu zuru ka emecool

Olodostein, please try to stay safe, and like you said, if you have to move, do not move past the middle belt.
IMHO the only time we should leave the North is AFTER Nigeria divides successfully.
If Nigeria should remain one, then WE MUST BE IN THE NORTH. If Nigeria divides successfully, we can then move to the East. This very important.

@All those trying to derail this thread by picking bugs off your noses and chewing them thinking you would get my attention, keep trying! lol. One of these days the bugs will stick inside your throats!

Signing off once more.

Yours truly

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by NegroNtns(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hey fella,

I am not here to please or prove anything to you nor anyone. So, whichever way you try to twist my moniker is your problem and yours alone. The problem with people like you is that you claim you know everything. Raw facts and truth scares the hell out of you. I don't talk just to talk, I talk from experiences.

We don't need your hints. It is baseless and ripe with pre-conceived notion and stereotypes. We ask nothing of you. We are capable to confront our issues head on. Your people need help, you better go render to them. Everybody knows in Nigeria those who are prominent noise makers and do for nothing folks. So I am not going to stoop myself low in delving into that debate with you. It is so obvious.

Who da phuck need your help? No one. We know those who are well known for their cowardice. So I am not going to go into another endless debate with you on that. One of the problem with you people is that you stick your mouth where it doesn't fit. Why do you like to intrude into other people's discussions? That your busy body trait is just so evident on this forum. Do you see me intruding into forums that pertains your folks to try and create division or hijack the important discussion that is being addressed. Cmon, get some dignity, my friend.

Humility! Oh humility! your yoruba are known to be the loudest people. Many people can't stand them. London is a prime example. I don't wish to go further on that. Besides, do not mistake holding your ground for arrogance. We Ndigbo don't like to be taken for granted nor stepped upon for no just cause. We don't go looking for trouble but don't look for us. But your yoruba people has proven to be doormats over and over again. That is why it was so easy for the mallams to invade you people and thus they became your masters ever since.

For the record, whenever there is a crisis like this in the North. Your yoruba people always run away from their homes to seek refuge in igbo and other southern enclaves. I see this happen over and over again with my own eyes. Your people in the North do everything possible to assimilate with the Hausawa, but the truth is that they fundamentally don't like your character. The worst thing an average Northerner hate is a Double faced Chameleon. If you could remember the fight that ensued in Shagamu years ago and in reprisal attacks, they went door to door and slaughtered any of your people they could get hold of. And it is very EASY for them because you people like cheap rent and wants to live within their vicinity. The worst part of the disease is that you are always in DENIAL. Don't you value the lives of your kinsmen? Cmon!

Until you come out of your envious shell, will you see the light of the day. Be REAL for once in your life and stop being a Fake. Nobody likes a chameloen AKA your so called "yoruba wisdom".

Did you hit your head on the wall when you got pissed? For all I care you can go and hang! but please mind your BUSINESS there.

Go to where you belong and stop derialing this thread or are you a secret admirer of our Republican nature(look at the way we break down issues even when we disagree with each other)? Cmon, say the TRUTH . I laugh in Ndigbo     !!!!!!!!!!!

Shalom  

Olodo,

This is not nwachuckwu. . .this is NEGRO.  I can't believe you said all that. . . .what!!   This is public forum discussion I fvcking go where I want and share what I want. . . .you, iyamniri, dont tell me or define the scope for me.  You understand me?  This is Nigeria. . . .all you bunch crying for actualization of Biafra are unpatriotic and have no legitimate right to tell a full fledged Nigerian who still believes in the oneness of this Nation what to do or where to go.  If you want to have the full legitimacy to compete citizen rights then drop your MASSOB shyyt, droop your Biafran shyyt and burm all that fvcking land of the drowning sun flags you parade around.  Telling me where to go talk. . . I cant believe that, 'da hell!  angry

You greedy fool trynig to convince people that you are staying in North for political reason to assert your 50% citizenship. . . you are lying, youu can deceive your brotherman but you cant deceie Yorubas or Hausas.  You have been warned for many years not to amass property and build your life up there. . . . now that it comes to decision time you are choosing to die with your property than to go home and be sfae.  Thats what your fvking reason is for staying up there.  Greed!!  Hausaland with all its heat and bloodshed is far safer than Eaast and the people back home.  What you achieve and accumulate in Hausaland you cannot ever in a 100yrs of leaving on your own fvcked up land accomplish.  Thats what your fvxcking trble is.  Greed!!

When the debate was ongoing about islamic banking and sharia principles, Easterners were the first non-Northerner to jump in and invest, including your Eastern governors and the governments.  The head of the bank is Mutallab. . . . yeah you know that name, you know who it is.  Jaiz bank, the licensed Islamic banking that gives loans interest free is operating only in North - Sharia region.   Guess who form the highest number of loan applicants?  iyanmiri!   You dont want sharia but you support it with your blood and your greed.  You dont want terror but you support it with your blood and your greed.  . . . and still guess who the directors are?  Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Middle Belter and Yoruba.  Not a single ibo on the board, even though you form the highest population of the base customer.   You know what your fvking problem is ?  Greed!!

Dont piss me off today!!  angry
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by ak47mann(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
Olodostein:

Hey fella,

Go to where you belong and stop derialing this thread or are you a secret admirer of our Republican nature(look at the way we break down issues even when we disagree with each other)? Cmon, say the TRUTH cheesy. I laugh in Ndigbo grin grin grin grin grin!!!!!!!!!!!

Shalom cool cool cool

hehehehehe ndi Yoruba no dey like truth,eziokwu, good point,all these attitude of believing  am smarter than the rest will teach them a lesson in this union.dalukwa cool
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by relchange: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
Soldiers alone can’t win the war –COAS

From UBONG UKPONG, Abuja
Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, yesterday, revealed that no matter whatever measure the military put in place to fight the Boko Haram Islamists and other terrorist groups in the country, they could not guarantee the required level of result unless the society rejects terrorism without justification.

Ihejirika made this disclosure in Abuja, while addressing the Alumni Association of National Defence College (AADEC) and the present Course 20 members of the college, at the opening of a seminar on national security with theme, “Nation-building and national orientation, imperatives for national security”, organized by the association in collaboration with the college.

The COAS, who spoke passionately about the present security problems in the country, orchestrated by the activities of Boko Haram regretted that members of the terrorist group live among people in the society but the people could not muster the courage to give information on them, to enable their arrests.

Ihejirika disclosed that since the rebellion began, the military had put several measures in place, which were sufficient to curb the excesses of the terrorist group, but regretted that the required level of result could not be achieved because the society was yet to reject and expose these terrorists.
He, however, believed that although the society might have been willing to volunteer information on these terrorists, they however, felt intimidated and frightened by the possible attacks on them by the terrorists after volunteering such information.

He, however, assured that his men were fully on ground throughout the country to give protection to citizens and all those who would volunteer information to end this insurgence.
“What the military would do normally is to begin to deal with situations like this at operational and tactical levels, detecting bombs and diffusing them, engaging the terrorists in a shootout.

“It’s rather inconceivable that large members of the society would habour criminals only for them to wake up, strike at targets who live also within the society. Rather, they have achieved this through intimidation, control, collaboration, or cajoling or whatever means. We have a serious problem that requires solution at strategic levels, thus the theme of this seminar is apt and will yield a lot of benefit.

“I want to say that the Nigerian Army is not resting on its oars. we are transforming, retraining, the last batch of our quick response troops just past out on Friday and are also being deployed to contain the freedom of movement of the terrorists towards Abuja, which is really their grand aim. But no matter whatever measure we put in place we could not get the best result and fast enough, unless the society as a whole rejects terrorism without any justification”, the Army Chief stated.

Earlier in his remark to declare the seminar open, the Chairman, Major General Chris Garba (retd), had faulted that over the years, national security was left to the military excluding socio-economic development, religious development, political maturity, which gave rooms to inequalities, corruption, cheating, with many people being denied their rights to health and education amongst others.

Consequently, he said that Nigerians were not motivated, and because of the lack of motivation, they felt that they could not support the State, since the State could not support them, but Ihejirika said that none of these things should form a basis for justifying terrorism.
He stressed that, “those who try to justify acts of terrorism inadvertently fuel terrorists and some do so only to discover later that terrorism is not a matter to be negotiated and win.”
Apparently reiterating their non-readiness to negotiate with terrorists, the COAS insisted that the military would continue to strategize and step up its operations with a view to conquering the enemies, urging the society to as well, delete the idea about negotiation from their minds and come all out to win the fight against these terrorists.
Re: Ndigbo, We Must Never Leave The North, No Matter What. Hear Me Out First! by ak47mann(m): 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
We are known for bravery,ihejirika is on point cool

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Failed State. What Remains Is Its Disintegration—eleazu / Are Akwa Ibom Girls Worth Marriage? / Continental African Women, Are They Just silly Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.