Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan (9933 Views)

No Link Between Buhari, Boko Haram – Jonathan Campaign Group / How Buhari Plans To Wipe Out Boko Haram, Create Jobs—Osinbajo / Snakes And Bees 'flush Out' Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by supereagle(m): 3:57am On Jan 24, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Kano vowed that the Federal Government would soon wipe out the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, pleading with Nigerians to join hands with security agencies by exposing suspicious elements within their neighborhood.

The President stated this at the palace of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, when he paid the monarch a courtesy visit in Kano where he went to assess the extent of damage of Friday bombings which claimed about 200 lives.

He said security would be strengthened in Kano State and other places across the country, adding that the Federal Government would not rest until terrorism was wiped out in the country.

He said, “Those causing havoc will never succeed, Kano has been in peace since the Boko Haram insurgence. The Federal Government will not rest until the perpetrators are brought to book.

“The people doing this are not spirits, they are among us. I seek the cooperation of all towards getting those involved in the havoc arrested.

“I can assure you that we will intensify security in Kano and all over the nation to look at our neighbours to know what they do, to enable us to fish out these miscreants.

“Let us police ourselves because if we don’t, one day, it may be against us. We will not rest until these terrorist are wiped out.”

Before boarding the presidential aircraft back to Abuja, Jonathan alleged that the Boko Haram terrorist group had sponsors.

The Inspector General of Police, Alhaji Hafiz Ringim, was not on the presidential entourage, a situation which generated curiosity among residents.

Most parts of the state were condoned off to secure the Presidents passage during the visit.

After he landed at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport around 3.09pm, the President went straight to the Nigeria Airforce Military Hospital, situated within the vicinity of the airport to commiserate with some of the victims hospitalised there.

From the hospital, he proceeded to the Emir’s Palace before visiting the Zone 1 Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force where the multiple bomb explosions last Friday began.

According to him, Nigerians should begin to take special interest in the activities of their neighbours and report suspicious one to the security agencies to stem the activities of criminals within them.

He added that the FG would help the Kano State Government to support those hospitalised and the families of those who lost their lives.

Meanwhile, the Kano State Government has relaxed the 24 hours curfew imposed last Friday to 7pm to 6am.

Though, the review of the curfew period was announced last night and early this morning, most residents still preferred to stay indoors and within their vicinity.

Sunday service were affected in most churches as turnout was low. Commercial vehicles and motorcyclists were also not available as it used to be, and most commuters had to walk to their destinations.

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, promised the readiness of traditional rulers from the northern part of the country to wage a war against members of the Boko Haram.

Bayero made the promise while welcoming Jonathan.

The traditional ruler said the war against the group would henceforth be total as he and his colleagues were ready to support the President in his bid to end the violence that had been characterising the sect’s activities.

He said, “The President is not alone in this war against Boko Haram.

“Mr. President, be assured that we are in this together. We all must join hands with you to combat this evil that is threatening the welfare and security of all of us.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-wipe-out-boko-haram-jonathan/
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by OAM4J: 4:39am On Jan 24, 2012
From "We are on top of the situation" to "We know those behind Boko haram" to "Nigerians have to live with the burden of bombings" and now "We will wipe out Boko Haram" yet Boko Haram seems to be getting stronger and causing greater havoc by the day.

Why do I think Mr President is only having a good laugh. After all he is well secured by Israeli MOSSAD undecided
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by albertlags: 4:41am On Jan 24, 2012
just stumbled on a past topic, like a prediction. read , https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719474.0.html
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 24, 2012
"Those causing havoc will never succeed, Kano has been in peace since the Boko Haram insurgence. The Federal Government will not rest until the perpetrators are brought to book.

“I can assure you that we will intensify security in Kano and all over the nation to look at our neighbours to know what they do, to enable us to fish out these miscreants.

“Let us police ourselves because if we don’t, one day, it may be against us. We will not rest until these terrorist are wiped out.”

He get mouth sha lol.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 24, 2012
Wayo Sadluck Jonathan, dont you know a police state can never work in this complex country? If thats what you want to achieve by allowing these killings to go on then you are in for a big ride!
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 24, 2012
Jonathan. . . . enough mouth. More action. . . especially with the VERY OBVIOUS FACTS before you as to the source of this menace.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
GEJ - Boko-Haram are my cousins - They are not responsible for the Kano Bombings - It is Samuel Doe and Horsemen from Chad sponsored by Top Politicians to be reveal to the Public very soon. grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Atigba: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2012
My president must u talk?
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2012
dumb baby!!!
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by dasparrow: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
GEJ trully needs to go and seat down. We have heared this same song of his time and time again. He should keep it up with his lies and empty promises. There might not be a Nigeria to preside over by the time this year comes to an end at the rate things are going in the country.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by 1virus(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
Mr President i don tire 4 u with your rewine and play comment (we will soon, they will be brouth to book, we will, we shall, we are going to do, we are planing to, there will be, by next year, we are on it,etc).
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Thatdave(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2012
Atigba:

My president must u talk?
If he doesnt, you'll still scream!
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by eghost247(m): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2012
more action less talk
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by ceejay80s(m): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
@topic poster,guy now waste threads here, @GEJ, if u no get beta lie to tell us,beta go watch SPARTACUS,Vengeance season 3 episode 1 is out,i'm watching it
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ease now Jonathan. From record, whenever you have made such claims, we have been visited upon heavily by Boko Haram. Personally, I think the government can not and will not win this war with boko haram with arms.  I am a realist, I and many Nigerians know for the fact,  the capability of Nigeria arm forces, intelligence service and police force.  If this claim was being made by U.S President, then I am certain and know the ability of Homeland Security and U.S intelligence service.

Now, many of you will disagree with me here, I think the only way to solve this conflict with Boko Haram is to invite them to dialogue, discuss with them: what do you guys want? If they want one or two northern states to practice their ideology, fine, a referendum will be conducted in the two states they have chosen and if majority of  the people vote to have Boko Haram, fine, they have it. If the people refuse, then Boko Haram has to rethink their plans and understand their northern brothers don't want them either. When this is done and they refuse to accept the voice of the northerners who have spoken, then the government can then deal severely with them and it would be much easier this time around because we now know who they are and where they live.  And most northerners who voted against them, will be supplying information to the government to help deal mercilessly with this nuisance.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by AmAlone: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2012
Thatdave:

If he doesnt, you'll still scream!

I quite agree with you on this one, but must he talk(Mr. President)
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by ismhab(m): 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
every day you will hear them saying, the perpetrators will be brought to book, these book is of no use at all, let them burn the book.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Joel3(m): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2012
GEJ i will not be surpprice when one of those police force put a gun on mr president head and blow him up. Ill not doubt if boko members are not far from him because there are corruption in the system.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by lifestyle1(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2012
[size=15pt]OK[/size]
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by segunjowo(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2012
Toothless Bulldog is backing!!!

ismhab:

every day you will hear them saying, the perpetrators will be brought to book, these book is of no use at all, let them burn the book.
grin
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by sweet9ja: 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2012
At times like this, the president needs to be seen and heard, he needs to keep Nigerians reasured.
He is the head of state, head of government and the commander in chief if the armed forces.
I think everyone in Nigeria has a role to play in the defence and security of Nigeria.
Hence, instead of criticising GEJ, let us keep our eyes open,keep track and report anyone we suspect of unusual behaviour to the security services.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by OAM4J: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2012

Am sure there are thousands of them out there, ready to die for this foolish battle and Jonathan wants to wipe them out with corrupt inept security officers. I wish you Goodluck.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
Which year ?
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by poweredcom(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ole nu bi Pomo, Oga Jonathan the Lame Duck
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Knight1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2012
mehn, beaf's job is not easy o grin grin grin grin
now he is no where to be found
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by TmeWillTel: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2012
undecided
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2012
Knight1:

mehn, beaf's job is not easy o grin grin grin grin
now he is no where to be found

Check twitter or other forums or you think say na only NL the guy dey monitor ?
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
Yep, wipe out the normal Nigeria way, send a battalion of soldiers to shoot everything within the scope of their guns including groundnut sellers, bus drivers, commuters and innocent bystanders etc. undecided
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by gascoign1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
Talk is cheap, Mr Jona you talk too much, no action
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by hilli666(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
All hail Johnatus our beloved and dear president. He and only him only with his tagbon speaking wife shall combat the crazed suicidal extremist. For his intrepid venture, I shall give him a charm that will protect him from bullet and all harm, all he needs to do is show up at bokoharam HQ without any bullet prove vest and security entourage for the charm to work. and boldly announce to the bokoharam aboki's "I am president Johnatus, the one you hate so much, I have showed up without any security and protection, just this chewing gum looking charm that someguy from Nairaland gave me, and i comand you to stop your nonsense with expediency"
The rest will unfold on news, you will see the wonder and power of my charm in action.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by gulfer: 9:33pm On Jan 24, 2012
supereagle:

President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Kano vowed that the Federal Government would soon wipe out the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, pleading with Nigerians to join hands with security agencies by exposing suspicious elements within their neighborhood.

The President stated this at the palace of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, when he paid the monarch a courtesy visit in Kano where he went to assess the extent of damage of Friday bombings which claimed about 200 lives.

He said security would be strengthened in Kano State and other places across the country, adding that the Federal Government would not rest until terrorism was wiped out in the country.

He said, “Those causing havoc will never succeed, Kano has been in peace since the Boko Haram insurgence. The Federal Government will not rest until the perpetrators are brought to book.

“The people doing this are not spirits, they are among us. I seek the cooperation of all towards getting those involved in the havoc arrested.

Before boarding the presidential aircraft back to Abuja, Jonathan alleged that the Boko Haram terrorist group had sponsors.

The Inspector General of Police, Alhaji Hafiz Ringim, was not on the presidential entourage, a situation which generated curiosity among residents.

Most parts of the state were condoned off to secure the Presidents passage during the visit.

After he landed at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport around 3.09pm, the President went straight to the Nigeria Airforce Military Hospital, situated within the vicinity of the airport to commiserate with some of the victims hospitalised there.

From the hospital, he proceeded to the Emir’s Palace before visiting the Zone 1 Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force where the multiple bomb explosions last Friday began.

According to him, Nigerians should begin to take special interest in the activities of their neighbours and report suspicious one to the security agencies to stem the activities of criminals within them.

He added that the FG would help the Kano State Government to support those hospitalised and the families of those who lost their lives.

Meanwhile, the Kano State Government has relaxed the 24 hours curfew imposed last Friday to 7pm to 6am.

Though, the review of the curfew period was announced last night and early this morning, most residents still preferred to stay indoors and within their vicinity.

Sunday service were affected in most churches as turnout was low. Commercial vehicles and motorcyclists were also not available as it used to be, and most commuters had to walk to their destinations.

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, promised the readiness of traditional rulers from the northern part of the country to wage a war against members of the Boko Haram.

Bayero made the promise while welcoming Jonathan.

The traditional ruler said the war against the group would henceforth be total as he and his colleagues were ready to support the President in his bid to end the violence that had been characterising the sect’s activities.

He said, “The President is not alone in this war against Boko Haram.

“Mr. President, be assured that we are in this together. We all must join hands with you to combat this evil that is threatening the welfare and security of all of us.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-wipe-out-boko-haram-jonathan/

Enu o se o. No be mouth but action.
Re: We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan by ujchief(m): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2012
my grandma stands a better chance of wining mis world than gej stoping boko haram! Sudan has beter chances of wining 2012 nations cup, mikel obi stands a beter chance of wining world best player! Gradualy, gej's tenure is pasin, and hes yet to a achieve anything, its been controversies, strikes, insecurities, cabalism etc. Which way nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Contest In 2015 - Gulak / NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... / 2023: Tinubu Is A Man Of Integrity – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.