Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? (15441 Views)

Read What Happened That Made Dakuku Peterside Escape Assasination Attempt(pics / Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / $20bn Oil Money: Editor Who Gave Clues Flees Nigeria After Assasination Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2012
I just saw on the scrolling news in my state t.v that there was a failed assasination attempt by suspected boko haram on Wole soyinka. There's no breaking news feed online for me to confirm, so if you can please lets know if its true.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by 9jaIhail(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2012
Oh my goodness. God please don't allow them to get this man,he remain the only yeruba man who's senses remain intact.should they kill this man on a cold blood then my little reserve love for the yeruba's is gone.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by ilogbe(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2012
@9ja , true talk.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by CarlosVent(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2012
everything is now boko haram.
they cannot come to the east, south or west so i think its not them.
boko haram have their rules they do their deeds only in the north.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by OmichaelO: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2012
shocked
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by chino11(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2012
My brother why would anybody come on air with such false new? Make una leave the man alone, at least he is one Yoruba man with non-Yoruba brain. grin
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by 9jaIhail(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2012
Wole Soyinka God is on your side in as much as you remain fearless and you always stand on the right part not withstanding your tribe.God will keep guiding protecting you because non of your people can stand up to speak if boko haram kill you,rather they will go from the back corridor in abuja receive cash in exchange of your life just as they did for abiola bola ige etc or they will compasset by making tiefnubu president of Nigeria as they brought out obasanjo ole out of prison and make him president of Nigeria to come and massacre odi community. may God keep you for us that valued you much.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Ndkings1(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2012
What did he do to them na?
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Beaf: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2012
I do not believe the OP (maybe na kai kai).
However, if there is an iota of truth to the story, then there must be a high level FG response to redouble his safety and security. That man is a well loved and respected national asset.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by sirbiafra: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2012
haaa, why will someone want to kill d man, @9naija he is not d only sane yoruba shaa, but he is d sanest of yorubas [color=#770077][/color]
haaa, why will someone want to kill d man, @9naija he is not d only sane yoruba shaa, but he is d sanest of yorubas [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Ninapha(f): 9:55am On Jan 24, 2012
CarlosVent:

everything is now boko haram.
they cannot come to the east, south or west so i think its not them.
boko haram have their rules they do their deeds only in the north.

How do you mean?  how about the account in sapele and Port Harcourt.  As much as i agree their interest is in the north, they also want to silence every strong voice against them.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by gamieboi(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2012
@ 9ja i Hail; Oh my goodness. God please don't allow them to get this man,he remain the only yeruba man who's senses remain intact.should they kill this man on a cold blood then my little reserve love for the yeruba's is gone.

How dare you say such, Tribe sentiment apart i bliv all ur families are senseless! Perhaps to show the level of ur literacy; Its Yoruba not yeruba, ok? Sensible indeed,
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by 9jaIhail(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2012
sirbiafra:

YOU DON'T NEED TO OVER REPEAT YOUR POST,ALL YOU NEED TO IS TO PROVE ME WRONG BY MENTIONING ANY OTHER SANE PERSON NAME IN YERUBA LAND,BUT DON'T TELL ME FASHOLA OR TINUBU TO AVOID SPOILING MY DAY
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Finland(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2012
gamieboi:

@ 9ja i Hail; Oh my goodness. God please don't allow them to get this man,he remain the only yeruba man who's senses remain intact.should they kill this man on a cold blood then my little reserve love for the yeruba's is gone.

How dare you say such, Tribe sentiment apart i bliv all ur families are senseless! Perhaps to show the level of ur literacy; Its Yoruba not yeruba, ok? Sensible indeed,
9ja_I_hail:

Wole Soyinka God is on your side in as much as you remain fearless and you always stand on the right part not withstanding your tribe.God will keep guiding protecting you . . . . . .
How can God be by the side or save of a person that does not believe God exists? angry
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by KINGwax(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2012
Without much effort it becomes too easy to knw when a comment comes from an igbo, their comments are alwys one-sided and enveloped with all sense of inferiority. The truth is, yoruba aint competing, it's not abt arms, it's d intellect. And hey, yah, sorry, u don't have it!
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by prodgalson: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati :
On what channel was this? I can find out more if you tell me the channel.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by 9jaIhail(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2012
gamieboi:

How dare you say such,  Tribe sentiment apart i bliv all ur families are senseless! Perhaps to show the level of ur literacy; Its Yoruba not yeruba, ok? Sensible indeed,

@BOLDED LAST TIME I CHECK THERE WAS NO MENTION OF YERUBA OR YORUBA IN ENGLISH DICTIONARY SO DON'T BLAME ME IF I DIDN'T GET THE SPELLING HEHEHE
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by nagoma(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2012
I honestly think Wole Soyinka's qualities are grossly exaggerated. Assasination will magnify him to a saintly status. Please allow the septuagenerian to gently fade away as we continue to enjoy his quirkiness.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by KINGwax(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

YOU DON'T NEED TO OVER REPEAT YOUR POST,ALL YOU NEED TO  IS TO PROVE ME WRONG BY MENTIONING ANY OTHER SANE PERSON NAME IN YERUBA LAND,BUT DON'T TELL ME FASHOLA OR TINUBU TO AVOID SPOILING MY DAY
i see, u'll rather me mention james ibori, 'alhamesiya', orji kalu or maybe jonathan! Well, after maybe i said, achebe.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by LogicMind: 10:09am On Jan 24, 2012
prodgalson:

diluminati :
On what channel was this? I can find out more if you tell me the channel.

I think it's one of those channels with BH written on the top right hand corner.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Oskilala: 10:11am On Jan 24, 2012
BOKO HARAM Planing there next move everyday, and u sit n d house watching TV.
Hmmmmm!!
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by 9jaIhail(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2012
KINGwax:

Without much effort it becomes too easy to knw when a comment comes from an igbo, their comments are alwys one-sided and enveloped with all sense of inferiority. The truth is, yoruba aint competing, it's not abt arms, it's d intellect. And hey, yah, sorry, u don't have it!

BOLDED WHY SHOULD I COMPETE WITH SOMEONE WHO'S ENGLISH ASCENT IS A DISGRACE TO MY NIGERIA.NO WONDER THE GHANIAN MUSICIANS SANG A MUCKING SONG ABOUT THIS INTELLECTUAL PEOPLE, HEY YOU DON'T NEED TO CLAIM INTELLECTUAL YOU NEED TO BE IT.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by LoveKing(m): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2012
Yes i heard it Too! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by dayo23(f): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2012
I rly dnt get dis, is it yoruba vs igbo or south vs north,or christian vs muslim, pls we d igbos nd yoruba let cooperate jst lyk d north they re one no matter wat.an average yoruba man is an intallectual, so many of dem, so is d igbos too, pls let drop dis aside nd forge ahead on hw 2 break up frm dis muslim cannibals.Prof soyinka wil not die by God grace.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by KINGwax(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

@BOLDED LAST TIME I CHECK THERE WAS NO MENTION OF YERUBA OR YORUBA IN ENGLISH DICTIONARY SO DON'T BLAME ME IF I DIDN'T GET THE SPELLING HEHEHE

and last time i checked, spellings, hearing, sounds all needs a iota of sense to get a new word right. Unless mayb u don't have a sense. Do u really need to see a new word before u write out a sensible wannabe type? Unless sha you accent sucks and it's twisted like d arabic, coming backwards! Hehehe
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by KINGwax(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

BOLDED WHY SHOULD I COMPETE WITH SOMEONE WHO'S ENGLISH ASCENT IS A DISGRACE TO MY NIGERIA.NO WONDER THE GHANIAN MUSICIANS SANG A MUCKING SONG ABOUT THIS INTELLECTUAL PEOPLE, HEY YOU DON'T NEED TO CLAIM INTELLECTUAL YOU NEED TO BE IT.    
if you're a hausa, then i'll be HAFFY to reply, if you're an igbo,then mayb d 'OYEL', i mean oil is in your brain. That said, one accent should suck. Or mayb d two, sorry, didn't mean to prove intellectually-okay. Cos when u said i should be an intellect, i didn't think u check your comment's gonna backfire!
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by Arosa(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2012
sad sad sad who ever is trying to kill Wole Soyinka, must be a pussyy fart.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by WinkWrld: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2012
A MUST SEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE&t=11s

KINDLY TXT 525 TO 33680 AFTER VIEWING. THX
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by bilaya(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2012
dayo23:

I rly dnt get dis, is it yoruba vs igbo or south vs north,or christian vs muslim, pls we d igbos nd yoruba let cooperate jst lyk d north they re one no matter wat.an average yoruba man is an intallectual, so many of dem, so is d igbos too, pls let drop dis aside nd forge ahead on hw 2 break up frm dis muslim cannibals.Prof soyinka wil not die by God grace.

God bless you for this comment.
Re: Assasination Attempt On Wole Soyinka? by WinkWrld: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2012
A MUST SEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE&t=11s

KINDLY TXT 525 TO 33680 AFTER VIEWING. THX

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afenifere Tackles Junaid Mohammed Over Noise Makers’ Comment / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / DSS Allows Nnamdi Kanu Access To Medical Surgeon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.