Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question (1267 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by youngdigi(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2007
F1/H1 Visas
what type of visa do they give u to enter canada and how long is it valid for?
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by Vicjustice: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2007
Could you please write the title (topic) in English? Thanks
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by youngdigi(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
Vicjustice:

what do u mean? last i checked, i wrote that in english,

i know a lot of nigerians in the states normally go to canada to renew their US visa, so i'm trying to find out what type of visa they were given to enter canada and how long it was valid for.
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by kaysie83: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2007
i know a lot of nigerians in the states normally go to canada to renew their US visa, so i'm trying to find out what type of visa they were given to enter canada.

U need a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.   Click on the link below and all the info u need is there. Choose the consulate nearest to u so u save urself time and money.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp

how long it was valid for.
The minimum u can get is 6 months multiple.
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by Omonla(f): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2007
@ Young Digi:

Yes, you can go to Canada (or Mexico) to renew your US visa. As long as you have a valid I-94, you will be allowed to re-enter the US on an expired visa. It's called the "Automatic Revalidation Rule." You can stay outside the US for up to 30 days under this law.

The problem though is, if you are denied a new visa at the US embassy in Canada or Mexico, you will not be able to re-enter the US.

Visit the US Department of State website on this link to get the details:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by Vicjustice: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2007
@Young_digi
I wasn't familiar with such system hence it all seemed Greek to me. Now, it's understood.
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by Dantecmu(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2007
Vicjustice:

Vicjustice:

@Young_digi
I wasn't familiar with such system hence it all seemed Greek to me. Now, it's understood.

Your not supposed to know Everything, Sometimes you read through and learn. MR I kNOW All tongue tongue tongue
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by youngdigi(m): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2007
thanks ppl, i appreciate ur time and effort, any more stories will be appreciated
Re: Have You Or Anyone U Know Been To Canada To Renew Your Us Visa? Quick Question by omoge(f): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2007
if you are holding F1 visa, stop by the IS office of your school. they could take care of that for you/give you good ideas.

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do In Nigeria? / Uk: You're Joking If You Intend To Settle Down After Ur Course. Why Not Canada? / Help On Financial Institution Approved By Ukba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.