Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? (2770 Views)

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Lagos in Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare / The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? by Bawss1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2012
Not much has been happening here in the Gaming Section so I decided to stir things up with the title above. And yes its another COD thread. Should Activision end the billion dollar franchise with MW3 or should it continue with more iterations? Personally I feel they should end it at MW3 but I suspect that the developers don't share the that viewpoint -why should they discontinue milking their cash cow? What do you guys think; is it time to drop the curtain like Halo did or do you want an encore - again?
Re: Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? by Next2Bezee(m): 2:19am On Jan 25, 2012
I don't like Modern Warfare 3. I really believed it plunged far from the standard MW2 set.

But seeing as the MW series are the biggest sellers in entertainment history, so i believe there will most definitely be a sequel to MW3. I'm really excited about Halo 4 btw smiley
Re: Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? by ritchboy(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2012
Bawss1:

Not much has been happening here in the Gaming Section so I decided to stir things up with the title above. And yes its another COD thread. Should Activision end the billion dollar franchise with MW3 or should it continue with more iterations? Personally I feel they should end it at MW3 but I suspect that the developers don't share the that viewpoint -why should they discontinue milking their cash cow? What do you guys think; is it time to drop the curtain like Halo did or do you want an encore - again?

Drop curtain ke, Halo 4 is due next year, and that's just the start of another trilogy, not to mention the inevitable spin-offs/prequels etc in-between.

M$/Activi$ion are just getting warmed up!!!

MW is much more likely to be discontinued though cos any other CoD title would still do well commercially, i.e Black Ops.
Re: Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? by Bawss1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
ritchboy:

Drop curtain ke, Halo 4 is due next year, and that's just the start of another trilogy, not to mention the inevitable spin-offs/prequels etc in-between.

M$/Activi$ion are just getting warmed up!!!

MW is much more likely to be discontinued though cos any other CoD title would still do well commercially, i.e Black Ops.

I must really be behind the buzz regarding Halo, I somehow thought that Halo 3 was the last of the series.

Activision is just getting warmed up? Darn it! angry I beg, for the sake the of the franchise and its fans may we not have another release this year. Maybe next year they can continue but let's miss it a little. I think it will be a little too much if this becomes an annual thing, how many fps can one amass in a lifetime. Besides if they must continue they should take this year out and develop the series on a completely new engine with completely new dynamics I think they've maxed out the unreal engine features at this point.
Re: Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? by ritchboy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^ CoD has been an annual affair since 2005/6ish, Cod 9 is due later this year!!! I thunk CoD games utilized the ID Tech 3 engine(Quake3) and it's variants. . .

I totally agree they should try something completely new from scratch cos even Black Ops and WaW felt a little too MWesque. Can't really blame them for sticking with the proven formula, though it's getting a little too "didn't I play this last year" for the masses. I don't think they'll continue making MW titles though, that would just take the series backwards. Let's see what they serve up come November.

(1) (Reply)

The Walking Dead Apk + Obb Data Season 2, All Episodes Unlocked / Finally Got My Ps4 Console Today. / Help Pes 2012 And 2013 Crashing All The Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.