Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? (52104 Views)

Please, What Is The Best Insecticide For Mosquitoes? / Which Insecticide Work Best For Mosquitoes / Why Are Mosquitoes In My Room Dying Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by dhtml5: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
I carefully took pains to read all the posts by everyone.

@poster, that mortein, them dey drink am like water. Baygon kills most of them like someone said - but before it kills like all of them.

If there are gaps in your mosquito nets, or under your door, or you have a cracked ceiling, or holes in your wall, forget it all.

I think you should use the Ota Pia Pia - very good, but also hazardous too - it can even kill you if you are not careful.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by koolguy88(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
ota pia pai -original one!
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by UKBobo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
This link has been very informative and devoid of the usual NL sub-topic which infects every post. So before another individual gets in first, I will go.

Does mosquito prefer Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa blood more?

Discuss and please give reasons why?
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nkemji2020: 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
Why don't you call me on 08036033778 and i will give you my hand made insecticide and i bet it that it will work that i promise you
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Omofranca(f): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2012
Am Alone, where can i get the "yuki maton" from? it's sounds very promising!
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lagos State Mosquitoes are well trained and well-fed. You need to undrstand them to deal with them
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nosyke:

Since Surulere has unanimously been declared the operational base of mosquitoes, I will suggest an emmergency to be declared there. 24 hours curfew for all Mosquitoes, shoot on sight grin grin grin grin

lol. Now, who's going to supply us with these special guns to combat these 'expatriates' and mosquitoes cheesy #maybe a bomb would do. cheesy
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by mordi4evah: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2012
Pls how do you use this SNIPER o!cos am scared it looks and the writing indicates its very dangerous,do u mix with water or kerosene?do u spray or sprinkle,make una talk o! cos d safety label is scary be4 mosquito make person commit suicide

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by jamace(m): 5:44am On Feb 02, 2012
drink plenty ogogoro. when them bite you them go high. after a while them go pass on the message say you no sweet.
LMAO grin grin

The comedy in this thread is enough to cure some sicknesses. Please relief yourself of stress here and don't forget to invite your friends and neighbours. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by barkrichar: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
The humor in this place is enough to treat some ailments. Please comfort yourself of pressure here and don't ignore to request your associates and neighbors.
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by james1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
grin na blood robber mosquitos de ya area'o.
Try baygon,blows dem kitos to dem early grave.
Lest I forget,treated nets too.
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Sandfies dealing with me here
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Sandflies dealing with me here
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2014
...hehehehehe....lwtmb....

You mean mosquitoes in Lagos suck blood with pipe.....And they are resistant to insecticide.....Hian!!!....

Tymax.......you need to come and explain this.....Is this what you guys go through in Lag??....

.....I trust mosquitoes in Ilorin....They are friendly......
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Tymax(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2014
temigracie:
...hehehehehe....lwtmb....

You mean mosquitoes in Lagos suck blood with pipe.....And they are resistant to insecticide.....Hian!!!....

Ty max.......you need to come and explain this.....Is this what you guys go through in Lag??....

.....I trust mosquitoes in Ilorin....They are friendly......
Lagos mosquito no dey smile o. You'll feel the anger in their bite. The best protection is mosquito net. All those mortein, raid, etc na air freshener.
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 09, 2014
Tymax:

Lagos mosquito no dey smile o. You'll feel the anger in their bite. The best protection is mosquito net. All those mortein, raid, etc na air freshener.

...Imagine, after all the hustling and wahala in the morning and afternoon...

So, nah mosquito go finish person for night??.....Oga oooo.....Are you sure they wont tear the net??.....this one that they r resistant to insectides....AM very sure they ll all have knife to cut the net too...

....I piri unna sha.....No place like Ilorin....No place like home....

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Tymax(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2014
temigracie:

...Imagine, after all the hustling and wahala in the morning and afternoon...

So, nah mosquito go finish person for night??.....Oga oooo.....Are you sure they wont tear the net??.....this one that they r resistant to insectides....AM very sure they ll all have knife to cut the net too...

....I piri unna sha.....No place like Ilorin....No place like home....
abeeegi. Ilorin militant mosquitoes are worse
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 09, 2014
Tymax:
abeeegi. Ilorin militant mosquitoes are worse

...lol....Mosquitoes in Ilorin are super-friendly....They ll sing to your ears and ask for permission before collecting our blood...

PS: they dont suck blood....they collect it....

...I ll send their voice note to you later.....You ll love it.....YOu wont even have choice than to give them what they ask for......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by purplekayc(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2014
Baygon and raid
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Bunchersstab(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
My dear Abuja and Kaduna mosquitoes please suck my fat and leave my blood alone...
Thank you cheesy
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by joeyreports: 11:27am On Oct 26, 2015
Mosquitoes are small, midge-like flies which comprise the family Culicidae. Females of most species are ectoparasites, whose tube-like mouthparts pierce the hosts' skin to consume blood.
http://www.prestarticles.com/determination-mosquito-repellent-activities-essential-oil-ocimum-basilicum/
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Morenzy15: 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mosquitoes can cause sickness and death through the diseases they carry .
Apart from diseases, mosquitoes also causes nuisance problems like sleepless night. The economic impact of the problems that mosquitoes cause staggering for such a tiny little insect. To treat Malaria( cause by mosquitoes) you will need not spend less than a thousand naira(#1000) in minor cases. In serious cases, you will spend over ten thousand naira to treat your self at the clinic. Malaria sometimes lead to death.
Its wise to keep our family safe from mosquitoes and be safe from malaria.
Quickly get this amazing Hot Mosquito Killer Lamp. This product is a new technology designed to kill insects, mosquitoes, bugs etc which the illumination on the item attracts and kill them instantly.
It is a rechargeable products and can always be re-used. Quickly buy yours today from our online stores.
/morenzy-business-classic
http://www.kaymu.com/seller/morenzy-business-classic
www.(morenzy)
You can make money by reselling it to people because alot of people are really in need of it.
Just contact me on 08028930179

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by abbanepa100: 2:52am On Jul 08, 2016
I tink all of u shld wait an tink, wat do d moquitors demand? No be blood den y don u go to meet factory an get some blood for them jst 2 tea spon will be ok for them.
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by fortune5351(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
I don't seem to understand the kind of mosquitoes that live in Surulere, I just moved into my new apartment and i discovered that Surulere mosquitoes have all kinda proofs shielding and covering them,   

1. FLEET RESISTANT: "Used Mobil, Raid and one purple Insecticide like that cant remember the name
2. COIL RESISTANT: This worked initially, but it seems like they have been able to get mask to cover them from inhaling it,,  Now they are back in full force
3. Local home made mosquito spray: Seems its a deodorant to them, makes them more comfortable

I really don't know what to do anymore, actually the main cause is the dirty state of drainage around Surulere and it's environs, And am not even used to dirty environments like this,   angry

Can someone please suggest the most effective way to eradicate these pest, as they now have sound proof mosquitoes around dem, U don't get to hear the sound, you only feel the bites, and its effects. 
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by airminem(f): 11:54am On May 28, 2021
ImaIma1:
baygon is useless.i wasted money on it n it almost killed me instead of the mosquitoes.d smell ws so intense bt nothing.
Thats true o cheesy
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Smart101: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
When you are living in a tropical city like our Lagos, getting a mosquito-free home is a dream. Most of us have tried several solutions to getting rid of mosquitoes but to no avail.

Apart from the dangerous diseases spread by mosquitoes such as malaria and yellow fever, mosquitoes can be very annoying since mosquito bites can keep itching long after the bite and the noise they make can also prevent you from falling asleep.

In recent years, Rambo Insecticide has worked to develop exceptional solutions that can help protect you and your home from bugs and pests.
In your fight against bugs and pests around your home, RAMBO Insecticide is the tailored solution for you. With many ranges such as Rambo Aerosol, Rambo Pro Aerosol, Rambo Magic Aerosol, Rambo Liquid Spray, Rambo Green Aerosol, Rambo Green Liquid and others.

Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Vallyview: 2:52am On Nov 07, 2022
BigBenoski:
Netsare u kidn me 4 real??mosquitoes down in rivers have a way of lifting d nets 2 gain entrance. D weak ones drop 2 d floor,crawl around d nets til de c an opening, and please dnt go thinking going 2 bed on jeans will save u o cos they have hypodermic syringes 4 proposcis. We understood how hopeless it was when as a corper,we discovered these vampires could penetrate d yellow part of doz ajuwaya boots. If u r in rivers,treat d mosquitoes lik d terrorists they are.b4 u go 2 bed tek 2hrs 2 hunt dem down physically, dnt just knock dem down,crush them cos de dnt die easily. B4 i 4get,dnt even tink abt insecticides, makes dem HIGH and ANGRY and trust me people,u dont wana c dem angry!
You made me laff like mumu.
Re: What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? by Aderoju16: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
Does this Rambo paper really works for mosquitoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Rescues An Abandoned Baby, While Others Were Busy Taking Pictures / Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? / Policeman Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Lagos, Sneaks Into Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.