Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg (11347 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education / Shame On UNILORIN As ASUU Strike Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by jayplect(m): 1:29am On Jan 25, 2012
There appears to be a silver-lining in the horizon over the protracted industrial action embarked upon by Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities, ASUU.

Feelers from ASUU delegation, led by its National President, Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie, and that of the Federal Government, led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, indicated that both parties were close to resolving the industrial dispute, which had shut universities in the country for two months.

Speaking to reporters in Abuja, yesterday, after meeting with the Federal Government delegation, ASUU President confirmed that the government had already responded to the union’s demands by making some offers, which he had to present to the National Executive Committee, NEC, of ASUU for consideration.

He said: “The government has made some offers, which I have to take back to my principal, the NEC of ASUU, at the soonest possible time.”

Awuzie commended the Federal Government’s effort in presenting some of their demands to the National Assembly for passage of the necessary legislation.

He said: “I believe they have done their best given the resources available to them. All the same, I have to have a meeting with the leadership of my union to enable all of us to consider what the government has put on the table.”

He added that the government had explained to the leadership of the union why it took certain decisions. He refused to give further details about the outcome of the meeting.

On her part, Minister of Education, Prof. Rukayat Ahmed, expressed hope that the strike embarked upon by ASUU might soon be called off.

Ahmed said: “We have discussed and we have made some offers; but we have to wait for them to go back and consult with their leadership.

“It is not for me to begin to itemise what the government offered to the ASUU leadership.”

She also confirmed that the Federal Government had made some offers to the union, adding that both sides had concluded their meeting but had to wait for ASUU delegation to take what was offered by government to its NEC for consideration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/strike-hope-rises-as-ASUU-meets-with-fg/
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by toideve(m): 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
*yawns
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
ok.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by tonyx4x44(m): 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by buzor(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
'yawns' 'sneezes'
next pls
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
Igbo man as ASUU president wat more do ώe̶̲̥̅̊ xpext?
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
Idungjay:

Igbo man as ASUU president wat more do ώe̶̲̥̅̊ xpext?
what does that has to do with the matter on ground, let call a spade a spade. But thank God d matter is resolving now.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by cardoso111(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
The whole world can see that ASUU is organised!You can appreciate the tiers of consultation,reporting and feedback mechanism!!we exopected NLC would have done same
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by born2boink(m): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
They should not call it off yet, I have spent my School fees in club embarassed
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2012
Who ks@born2fuck. U̶̲̥̅̊ cn go bk τ̅☺ Tђέ club nd bcom a guy stripper τ̅☺ regain Чя fees.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
Instead of ASUU to hold an emergency nec meetin, Dey billed it for nxt week tuesday, Dey shuld have finishd everytin dis week, Rubbish!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by born2boink(m): 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
Idungjay:

Who ks@born2fuck. U̶̲̥̅̊ cn go bk τ̅☺ Tђέ club nd bcom a guy stripper τ̅☺ regain Чя fees.
Learn and try to show respect because respect goes to those who respect themselves, I do not want to fall out with you because you are a girl and the reason I spent my money was because of same girls in the club like you, I only pleaded they give me time to raise it before they call it off. I am not joking here
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by megawax8: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
*yawns*
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by megawax8: 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2012
*yawns*****stil yawnin****
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by megawax8: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
@born2fvck u sound lyk a clown,sorry,u sure r a clown, **cos one careless modafvker spent his skul fees,ASUU shuldn't call off its strike, maybe u r deaf n dint listen to wat u sed,oh! Sorry,u must be blind cos u sure can't see wat u typed,beta stil,i tink u hav a brain deficiency cos u tink wat u typed iz ryt, mtchew!!!!!!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by pinnochio(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
*fart* , yay sorry.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Austindark(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
Idungjay:

Igbo man as ASUU president wat more do  ώe̶̲̥̅̊ xpext?
i-DUN-gjay, ur statement has just shown how DUNS u could be.
We are playing hide and seek here, beta still u could go to the kitchen and help ur mum out instead of polarizing d thread into a tribal abloquy
angry angry angry
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by IME1: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
ASUU has been synonimous with strike since i can remember. they may be
for the right reasons but isn't a shame that thats all they are known for? as an association of the academia, do they organize public lectures, awards for outstanding members, staff welfare, training and re-training of their members etc? its nt all about wot government can do.

do u wonder why some universities seem be doing more than others even in the same categories of fed uni or state uni? therefore it lies in the hand of the VC, council etc etc to develop their sch- intellectually and physically and nt heap evrytin on govt.

look at how the private uni are taking care of themselves are u saying that the private uni have more money (or internally generate more money)?

hiking sch fees is nt d solution cos Nig no get scholarship scheme thus if u hike d price of sch fees or money needed in sch generally- hostel, books, project, lab etc u'l deny those who are brilliant bt have no money or sponsor to c them tru sch.

i know for sure that uni hv money so minus d 70yrs age stuff they'r fightin 4 d other issues are fake!
i dont knw of anyone who schooled in any nig uni that was nt affected by strike (minus UNILORIN, DELSU, UNIZIK) others they carry strike 4 head, its a pity.
b4 this strike (that is, 4th Dec. 2012) there was rumour that the strike wld b 4 100 days, PS they have done 7wks therefore they are gunning for like 14 wks smh
their children are either out of the country or still in Secondary school or in private universities.

i beg who know ASUU tell them make them call off strike this January 2012, e no funny at all, studentship no be work! Naija students wan turn professional students!

God help us, amen.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by eghost247(m): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
they should call it off so the youths can head back to school
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Who farts? It's rude to fart, sleep or even yawn on a thread. . .

Tribal war is about to start, I can't wait to spectate.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by belovedaja(m): 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
ASUU na wa for una
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
They had better call d strike off on time coz am sick nd tired of sitting at home
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by born2boink(m): 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
megawax8:

@born2fvck u sound lyk a clown,sorry,u sure r a clown, **cos one careless modafvker spent his skul fees,ASUU shuldn't call off its strike, maybe u r deaf n dint listen to wat u sed,oh! Sorry,u must be blind cos u sure can't see wat u typed,beta stil,i tink u hav a brain deficiency cos u tink wat u typed iz ryt, mtchew!!!!!!
who the hell is the guy? if I have spent my school fees money, you are not going to be responsible for the payment so why would you open wide mouth and make silly comment
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Emeka72(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
I beg, they shld call off the strke if dey want to. Just look at d hike in LASU and LASPOTECH fees. Lagos state has removed subsidy on education.
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by obowunmi(m): 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
ASUU too wan chop their own. LoooooooL!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by megawax8: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
@born2wateva Den y write it on d thread, durhhh!!!!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
Waiting for next week tuesday, that too long now, i just wish they answer us in time,
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by born2boink(m): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
megawax8:

@born2wateva Den y write it on d thread, durhhh!!!!
You seems a troublesome person and I don't give a damn,if I comment on the thread, what does that have to do with you, i payed my Internet,Google,registered and comment and why you gossip ?
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
You be real ODE,
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by PweetiOuch(f): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
megawax8:

@born2fvck u sound lyk a clown,sorry,u sure r a clown, **cos one careless modafvker spent his skul fees,ASUU shuldn't call off its strike, maybe u r deaf n dint listen to wat u sed,oh! Sorry,u must be blind cos u sure can't see wat u typed,beta stil,i tink u hav a brain deficiency cos u tink wat u typed iz ryt, mtchew!!!!!! u've said it all, d guy must be a comedian!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Sike(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hey, Abeg nobody should fight hear oh!
Re: Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg by Theharbinger1: 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
@rx steve hw far,lng time@born2fuck am sori t say this bt ur a FOOL, u got t av ur head examind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Public Plea To The Administrators Of Kwara State University. / Adventist Technical Secondary School Ohafia Wins 2nd Edition Of Abia School Quiz / Life As A Student In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.