Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! (7560 Views)

The Site That Teaches You To Code Well Enough To Get A Job / 4 Ways To Speed Up A Slow Internet Connection / Java Interface Connection To Database(ms Access Or Java Dbase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Mobinga: 8:50am On Feb 06, 2012
*dhtml:

I was not talking about cookies o jare. There has always been some form of local storage in HTML from time o jare (it has just gotten better with HTML 5).

Thank you very much D!

Aha Beaf have you witnessed your sheer stupidity being brought out?  grin

----

I don't understand how this guy stimulates himself whenever he hears of new tech? See how much he has referred to HTML5 as a beastie, the next best thing and everyone should learn it? What a profound fool.

You can create Android apps in C# and good ol' Visual Studio, nothing beats that combination for sheer RAD, quality and code nirvana. There are a plethora of brilliant Mono ports to Android, the one from Novell stands out: http://mono-android.net/
But there's also https://github.com/koush/androidmono.

Guy's, give up dying languages like Java, VB etc.

See how this clod was advising Android developers to do a concoction and use C# for their coding  shocked shocked Here : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-673505.0.html#msg8390982

Pray, tell me, give a single sensible reason why developers should scrap using a language that was used to develop the UI the OS runs on? So going by your foolish logic, you can also say everyone should use JS to develop apps rather than C# which was pruned for windows, because C# is "dying out"?

See how ldiotic you are?
So with your severely limited knowledge you still speak on what you haven't the slightest idea about. Please just drop that silly C# android crap. It's senseless and you'd be severely flawed. You're lucky I didn't see that imbecility earlier.

Also, tell me how Java is dying out.  The biggest Mobile OS in the US has an API smoothly structured for core Java and XML, if that isn't a sign that more people would want to develop on it, thus increasing it'e relevance, then I don't know what is.

You should speak on only what you have sufficient knowledge about.

-----
I don't know whether new tech just tickles your fancy and you lose all sense of your puerile reasoning: Oh. I forgot, you don't even have common sense.

LOL @ This relentless fool still saying this :

Beaf:

A good pointer to the future is the direction OS manufacturers (led by Microsoft) have taken for the future. The upcoming Windows 8 is not based on the PC as previous Windows incarnations were; it is instead based on touch-screen portable devices (mainly on the tablet).
With Windows 8, everything you learnt about programming is going to be thrown out the window. Its a brave new World out there.

This is the fool that still thought " OH, Gee, Microsoft's next OS is touch and pruned for HTML5 and JS, we should throw away C#, COM, .NET . . . et.c"

Fool.

Do I even still need to go in on this? Since he has comprehensively been crushed, and resorted to posting his childish puerile Compuserve GIFS.
-----

Beaf:

The role of the current server languages will have to change to meet the new reality with presentation based, spaghetti type languages like PHP and Classic ASP being first to die out. They will be replaced by better designed languages that do not pretend to do interface stuff like Java, C#, Ruby, Python etc.

That's very rich.

Do you even think? How is some fancy front-end UI HTML5 going to even dent a back-end scripting technology like PHP, talk less of  making it die out.

Please tell me how HTML5 is going to phase out PHP? You better come up with a decent explanation for that one.

-----

Every seeming new tech teases this fool and he refers to it as "the next best thing" and "everyone should be learning it". . .
Just ridicule yourself in a bid to sound "smart".

Haha. What a joke. It's about time this ldiot got murked.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2012
*dhtml:

I finally now remember what it was i did with the IE userdata now. I made an application that runs in the browser (2004/2005) like Notepad for storing data on the PC temporarily especially in cyber cafes. So the application runs inside web browser and allows you to store data and retrieve once u ave opened it - and it does not need internet to do that. That ERA almost all cybercafes in my area use IE. In fact, i use IE for testing my codes and all that. It was IE and CrazyBrowser for me back then.
Aye, i remember another one - the version of .net then (formerly dhtmlonline.com) has an extensive cache system that allows it to load all contents required in the background via ajax and displays them on clicking without requiring internet connection to navigate the pages.
But the new HTML5 makes all those things easier. . .

The other applications i made using similar technologies, i cannot remember at the moment. That was just a diversion, oya, mobinga, come back here and give us more facts.

Facts ke!! grin grin grin grin grin
You just wanna feather the poor chicken. Imagine someone wheeling out "headers" and some RFC spec of cookies as if any of the browser vendors gives a damn about it RFC. Poor sod doesn't even know what a cookie is or the number of ways it can be accessed.

[size=33pt]Obituary!
Mobinga 1926 - 2012
Died of of stup!dity.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Mobinga: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2012
Act like you didn't see that ether preceding your post.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by delomos(m): 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
Beaf:

, spaghetti type languages like PHP and Classic ASP being first to die out. They will be replaced by better designed languages that do not pretend to do interface stuff like Java, C#, Ruby, Python etc.

I don't mean to sound like a PHP fan boy here, but PHP v5 is not a spaghetti type language (you must be referring to PHP v4), for web dev, PHP will be around for a long while, a very long while. And it's possible to write spaghetti code in an language it's only easier in others than some.

As it is now, I don't really see must changing in terms of how professional web dev is done, PHP is strictly back-end, HTML5 strictly frontend. Apps than want to communicate with the outside [server] world will still need some type of query language (SQL) or ss-language (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Mobinga: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2012
delomos:

I don't mean to sound like a PHP fan boy here, but PHP v5 is not a spaghetti type language (you must be referring to PHP v4), for web dev, PHP will be around for a long while, a very long while. And it's possible to write spaghetti code in an language it's only easier in others than some.

As it is now, I don't really see must changing in terms of how professional web dev is done, PHP is strictly back-end, HTML5 strictly frontend. Apps than want to communicate with the outside [server] world will still need some type of query language (SQL) or ss-language (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)

You are arguing with someone who is severely ignorant.

He says, with the advent of HTML5, spaghetti-type languages like PHP would fade away. shocked shocked shocked

It just shows you how ignorant and extremely foolish he is.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by delomos(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
@Mobinga: In that light, I rest my case.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
delomos:

@Mobinga: In that light, I rest my case.
Santa Maria! Guy, u take things too serious here. Never give up na, so that we dont die of boredom here. Now mobinga is dead already, we need you alive here bros to keep our numbers from dimishing.
I am a sphaggetti expert with PHP / But i wont mind if it can fade away due to HTML 5 sha - that will make life much more easier for me really - and for the hackers.
Then, we will be dealing with HTML Injections rather than XSS / SQL, I mean HTML can now connect directly to database via html5->query('select mobinga from dustbin where killer='Beaf' ');
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by delomos(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2012
*dhtml:

Then, we will be dealing with HTML Injections rather than XSS / SQL, I mean HTML can now connect directly to database via html5->query('select mobinga from dustbin where killer='Beaf' ');
cheesy
No be so ooo , I no be that much of a serious guy, I just suck at arguing , Speaking of dying of boredom, maybe I go start some topics in a bit, so MEN can discuss smiley
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
Mobinga:

Thank you very much D!

Aha Beaf have you witnessed your sheer stupidity being brought out?  grin

----

I don't understand how this guy stimulates himself whenever he hears of new tech? See how much he has referred to HTML5 as a beastie, the next best thing and everyone should learn it? What a profound fool.

See how this clod was advising Android developers to do a concoction and use C# for their coding  shocked shocked Here : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-673505.0.html#msg8390982

Pray, tell me, give a single sensible reason why developers should scrap using a language that was used to develop the UI the OS runs on? So going by your foolish logic, you can also say everyone should use JS to develop apps rather than C# which was pruned for windows, because C# is "dying out"?

See how ldiotic you are?
So with your severely limited knowledge you still speak on what you haven't the slightest idea about. Please just drop that silly C# android crap. It's senseless and you'd be severely flawed. You're lucky I didn't see that imbecility earlier.

Also, tell me how Java is dying out.  The biggest Mobile OS in the US has an API smoothly structured for core Java and XML, if that isn't a sign that more people would want to develop on it, thus increasing it'e relevance, then I don't know what is.

You should speak on only what you have sufficient knowledge about.

-----
I don't know whether new tech just tickles your fancy and you lose all sense of your puerile reasoning: Oh. I forgot, you don't even have common sense.

LOL @ This relentless fool still saying this :

This is the fool that still thought " OH, Gee, Microsoft's next OS is touch and pruned for HTML5 and JS, we should throw away C#, COM, .NET . . . et.c"

Fool.

Do I even still need to go in on this? Since he has comprehensively been crushed, and resorted to posting his childish puerile Compuserve GIFS.
-----

That's very rich.

Do you even think? How is some fancy front-end UI HTML5 going to even dent a back-end scripting technology like PHP, talk less of  making it die out.

Please tell me how HTML5 is going to phase out PHP? You better come up with a decent explanation for that one.

-----

Every seeming new tech teases this fool and he refers to it as "the next best thing" and "everyone should be learning it". . .
Just ridicule yourself in a bid to sound "smart".

Haha. What a joke. It's about time this ldiot got murked.

Shuuuuuu, see long story! grin grin grin
So aside from not knowing what a cookie is, na jealousy be your real problem? shocked

Why not take up this offer that is very very suited to an alcohol motivated cretin like your kind self?

By the way, a couple of friends are looking for a place to store yams, stones, rocks, nails, iron rods, sand and cement. Since your head is vacant, can I rent the space? Easy cash na!  grin grin grin grin grin
LOLZZZZ! Dude, sit and learn quietly if you don't want me to rent your head to store yams.

Also, don't forget the IQ test, there is no dodging it; but since you've found it too tough, I have now greatly simplified it to a single question. Here goes:
[size=14pt]Mobrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringa, what is a cookie? grin grin grin grin[/size]

Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
delomos:

Nah, I'm referring to the whole of PHP. It really isn't a structured language like C#, Java etc, cos it started out as a perl hack and has never really had formal structure to its development (which has always been reactive).
The bolded part of your post captures the essence of any argument against PHP (the exact same goes for Classic ASP). PHP is neither strongly typed, nor does the language have an underlying philosophy (aside from ease of use), again, that it the exact opposite of languages like C# and Java that were purposely built to plans with specific goals.

The above said, PHP's saving grace might come from the likes of facebook (or facebook might come up with a fork or brand new language).
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
*dhtml:

Santa Maria! Guy, u take things too serious here. Never give up na, so that we dont die of boredom here. Now mobinga is dead already, we need you alive here bros to keep our numbers from dimishing.
I am a sphaggetti expert with PHP / But i wont mind if it can fade away due to HTML 5 sha - that will make life much more easier for me really - and for the hackers.
Then, we will be dealing with HTML Injections rather than XSS / SQL, I mean HTML can now connect directly to database via html5->[size=14pt]query('select mobinga from dustbin where killer='Beaf' ');[/size]

Unu no go take laf bend pikin waist o! grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by delomos(m): 3:03am On Feb 07, 2012
@Beaf: Yes, it can be true that PHP is not a strongly typed language like Java or C# but PHP 5 (soon to be 6) was a huge transformation in the language. PHP is a very under-estimated language, I actually used to myself until I discovered it's power.

And often, it depends on the problem domain.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 07, 2012
^^^^Look guy, forget about using it. I dont like being proud, but i use PHP to wash my teeth in the morning. Beaf is very right here - your only way out to win this is to look for evidences and post them here (but dont die like mobinga sha)
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Mobinga: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2012
See Beaf digressing. cheesy

How can HTML5 destroy PHP?

Respond to the post and stop posting silly GIFs.

When he cannot comeback, he resorts to posting gifs. As usual.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
Aye, mobinga has been rescued from the dustbin by HTML5, oya, beaf come back here, let us celebrate with him.
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by goldeng(f): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2012
What an intresting thread
Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
*dhtml:

Aye, mobinga has been rescued from the dustbin by HTML5, oya, beaf come back here, let us celebrate with him.

Lolzz!!! My broda, make we celebrate e! mobrrrrrrrringa don kpeme! Bad winshes don hammer am!
Hold dis babe and let de pari start! Chilled odeku's on the way! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Beaf: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
*dhtml:

Na lie! Mobinga will forever inhabit the dustbin! Like a dog without a soul. cry cry cry
Mobringa, why are you scared to take the IQ test na?
[size=14pt]Mobrrrrrrrringa what is a cookie?[/size]

Unu go wound o! grin grin grin grin

Re: A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! by Emmyk(m): 11:31am On Oct 31, 2013
I read on nairaland last month that Mobinga is ****. Buh his profile was still active two days ago when I checked on it..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Behind Openvr, The Voters Registration Software / A New Search Engine / No Java Required: Write Android Apps In C#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.