Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? (10121 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 25, 2012
How do you react when you car is hit? Either from behind, brushed by the side, or scratched by okada? grin I wont lie, the default thinking of most people, me sometimes is to switch off the engine right there and then, get down to access the damage and then. . . see fight! grin grin I no dey fight sha, but i can argue. Most times if the damage is what i can fix comfortably, i just go, but i'll make sure the driver realizes he is at fault!
Pls share you experiences. . . Confession time! grin

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by chiefkpokp(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2012
omg!! 30wraps of ganja is working on somebody, U rilli need to see d doctor cos ur metally disorder. gosh!!! i was expecting to see advert of a car u want to sell here.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2012
If i have a car to sell, i'll advertise it! Are we no longer allowed to have discussions related to cars and driving anymore? Is the auto section all about selling cars now?

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Thugnificent(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hahahahahaha,..reminds me of when i bashed my dad's car...wasnt funny at all...
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by 190: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2012
Good thing is God has been on my side so often that i hardly have accidents

Thanks to BABA GOD and thanks for my BRAND OF MERCEDEZ which i drive cheesy

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2012
I rock a CATERPILLAR
so I do the bashing . . . . grin grin grin grin

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by sholay2011(m): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2012
I will smile nd say thank u....mschew!!!
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by dan6019(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2012
All you need to do should be to install a tracking system in the car, it may be bashing today, next thing, God forbid, anyway, may be snatching the car, call Daniel today for the installation, it is cheap, but reliable: 08033259595, cxploitsltd@yahoo.com

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by charlesm91(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2012
depends sha.if the car dat hit urs aint too flashy lyk urs,den ders tendency for u to outburst but if both cars are on same class,we handle it lyk gentlemen.bt its an okada or danfo,all hell'gon let loose on him cos the default mentality is dat it'll always be the okada man fault

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2012
This reminds me of the keke man that smashed my car... We(my friends and i) were coming back 4rm a party wen it happened, omo come see beatin wey d man received frm ma friends(set of drunk guys coming back from a party), although i paid 8500NGN to fix it, i still feel like beating up d man again... He was not even sorry b4 d beating( but sure he was afta )
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by EASY39(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2012
Well sha if d damage is not too much i will lv it for God sake.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by toria1980(f): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2012
though never fall victim cos am a learner,
but here, drivers get out of their car and exchange insurance number
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Excelboi(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2012
I will free himm, as a bigboy, shit haappens.... It maybe ur turn 2moro.
PS:- as far as it is not beyond repairs!!! wink
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by Ekans: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2012
I will bash the offenders car back and i guess after that we are even.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by blank(f): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2012
I remember when a guy driving a beat up Pajero scratched the side of my car badly. I couldn't come out of my side neither could i come out of the passenger's side cos of the traffic. I jumped out through the boot with my big belle (was like 6 months pregnant) and grabbed the car's jack on my way down. I had been warning the iidiot for his rough driving and was just too angry.

People started holding me back and telling me to forget it that it was just a scratch, not even a dent. The guy at first was playing dumb before he finally said sorry. God save me that day, dem 4 beat me shege as per the guy looked like someone that can pack a punch. I never told anyone sha cos i was so ashamed of my self. It was a reflex action.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by myfriend1(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2012
This is a good topic i have been longing to comment on. The first thing you need to do will be to relax your mind first and foremost to avoid heart failure and misbehaving, secondly watch your surrounding to avoid another accident, and watch out if the second party is not armed or did not look suspicious, then come down to access the extent of the damage, you now insist that you go down to police station to trash out the issue over there, the reason for this, is to imbibe good culture into world of defensive drivng, if you allow the other party to go without carrying out the repair on your vehicle through police, believe me he will never learn his lesson and that is the one of the main reason why we did not drive defensively here in Nigeria. Thanks.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by AnotherOkija: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2012
In my juvenile days, I would come down and fight.. I have even smashed a guys windshield before in the name of accident fight..

But now.. I just stop the car sit inside for a while before I alight.. What I realized is that it helps me calm down and gather my thoughts before anything.. People have lost their lives to such fights you know. Especially against Bus and taxi drivers.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by tellwisdom: 10:49am On Jun 15, 2012
sexkillz: How do you react when you car is hit? Either from behind, brushed by the side, or scratched by okada? grin I wont lie, the default thinking of most people, me sometimes is to switch off the engine right there and then, get down to access the damage and then. . . see fight! grin grin I no dey fight sha, but i can argue. Most times if the damage is what i can fix comfortably, i just go, but i'll make sure the driver realizes he is at fault!

Dude, when you buy one, you are then free to share your experiences. Not now undecided undecided

Dont play on matured minds here angry angry

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by 27naira(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2012
But seriously does every trivial thing have to make it to the front page?

see me see wahala oh. These days, i just open Nairaland, glance through the topics and log off. Its getting appalling. There are thousands and thousands of better things wasting on other threads and here, someone is asking me how i'll react if somebody bash my car and behold its a front page thing. Anyway, where i dey, even if na scratch, you gotta wait there till police arrives. No need to fight or argue. just call the cops and dont move the car. Its the law.

Front page monitors, una no dey try walahi. undecided

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by iykedonp: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2012
EASY 39: Well sha if d damage is not too much i will lv it for God sake.

And if is too much?

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by tellwisdom: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2012
blank: I remember when a guy driving a beat up Pajero scratched the side of my car badly. I couldn't come out of my side neither could i come out of the passenger's side cos of the traffic. I jumped out through the boot with my big belle (was like 6 months pregnant) and grabbed the car's jack on my way down. I had been warning the iidiot for his rough driving and was just too angry.

People started holding me back and telling me to forget it that it was just a scratch, not even a dent. The guy at first was playing dumb before he finally said sorry. God save me that day, dem 4 beat me shege as per the guy looked like someone that can pack a punch. I never told anyone sha cos i was so ashamed of my self. It was a reflex action.

[url=http://][img]http:///gallery/d/76408-3/Girl_KOwned.gif?[/img][/url] angry angry angry
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by mitobiju: 11:01am On Jun 15, 2012
stop my engine, rush out of the car,stand in front of the car that brush me n order the driver to come down. If its an okada,i wil just remove his key n grammar starts.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by ajanaku2(m): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2012
sexkillz: How do you react when you car is hit? Either from behind, brushed by the side, or scratched by okada? grin I wont lie, the default thinking of most people, me sometimes is to switch off the engine right there and then, get down to access the damage and then. . . see fight! grin grin I no dey fight sha, but i can argue. Most times if the damage is what i can fix comfortably, i just go, but i'll make sure the driver realizes he is at fault!

Now, We acknowledge the fact that you have a Car. We'd like to know the Brand, Model, Year of manufacture...and the Colour too! grin grin

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by AnotherOkija: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by destnychyld: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2012

anybodycan bash anotheman's car as nobody is that perfect in driving so i just thank God as long as it doesn't involve life ... but not in the case of those Okada man i don't take it easy with them as they are too rougth with driving

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by AnotherOkija: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2012
blank: I remember when a guy driving a beat up Pajero scratched the side of my car badly. I couldn't come out of my side neither could i come out of the passenger's side cos of the traffic. I jumped out through the boot with my big belle (was like 6 months pregnant) and grabbed the car's jack on my way down. I had been warning the iidiot for his rough driving and was just too angry.

[img]http:///gallery/d/198743-1/Ghetto-metal-pipe-fight.gif?[/img]
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by horlahore: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2012
If the damage is not too much, i will lock up and find my way.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by captalex(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2012
190: Good thing is God has been on my side so often that i hardly have accidents

Thanks to BABA GOD and thanks for my BRAND OF MERCEDEZ which i drive cheesy
Leggediz Benz or cls 550.
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by purefella(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2012
Has a gentleman wey no like wahala , I will slap you and leave!

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by captalex(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2012

At 6 months you could still fit through the boot,I salute your husband.

Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by donbuchi1(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2012
sex doesn't kill anyway... grin
Re: Nairalanders: How Do You React When Your Car Is Hit? by valicious1(m): 11:24am On Jun 15, 2012
How many nairalanders have cars grin grin. As for me, once my car is hit i first peep into d other car 2 knw weda na military or policemen, if none of the above, i make sure i shift my car in such a way dat am obstructing traffic so to attract crowd. Aftar dat na war

Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car