Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required (25160 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Steps To Drivers Licence Renewal / Obtaining New Driver’s Licence / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by loneytunes(m): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
Please i need to clarify an issue. If i want to renew my vehicle licence, what is the new procedure? I learnt it now costs about 27k because i have to get the new plate number as well. Is this true?

Also learnt that if i want to change my car to say a new one, i can use the new plate number i collect from this renewal. Pls how true is this?

Help required urgently please. Thanks
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Ikenna351(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
I renewed my vehicle papers (Vehicle Licence, Insurance & Road worthiness) last week,after the strike, here in Abuja. It cost me only N8,500 (Eight thousand, five hundred Naira). I went to VIO office at Mabushi myself and did the renewal, not through anyone or agent. And it didnt take me more than 30 mins to finish everything.

The breakdown is as follows:

Vehicle Licence: N1,800
Road worthiness: N1,700
Insurance (Third Party): N5,000

About the new Licence, they told me there that its only for sale for new registration. That the suspension of the change of old plate number to new one by the House of Reps still stand, pending when the House says otherwise or the issue is resolved. Unless you want to waste your money by insisting on buying the new plate, to replace the old one, which many people do ignorantly or want their plate number to have the new look, to make it look as if they just purchased the car.

Ikenna.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by infolpf: 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna,
A follow up question please - Has the license issue been resolved yet? Are renewals still being done, or is one forced to get a new vehicle license and plate?
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Ikenna351(m): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
info@lpf:
Ikenna,
A follow up question please - Has the license issue been resolved yet? Are renewals still being done, or is one forced to get a new vehicle license and plate?

Yes, i renewed mine last month. Unfortunately, change of old to new number plates cost almost the same amount with new registration. Change of old to new plates (including renewal of vehicle papers to reflect the new number on the new number plate) cost 30k. While new registration (including all the vehicle papers) cost N37,500. This is for Abuja, i dont know about other states o!

Ikenna.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by chelseabmw(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
Will move this thread to the car talk section
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by infolpf: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
Thanks Ikenna! Very helpful.
Anyone in Lagos with a recent experience? Renewal or forced new registration?
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by prosper2013: 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
yes its 2700 vehnicle licesne , road wortiness is 1500 den insurance 2500 third party
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Nobody: 5:54am On May 01, 2013
Abeg, I just got a car with the new number plate pre-registered to the old owner, what do I need to do?
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by femorra(m): 2:03pm On May 01, 2013
i was just told today that i can transfer the vehicle license...i just bought a registered car from someone. does it mean i have to change the license plate?
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by maly: 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
I renew my viehcle paper for lagos but I did not receive alert abbeg hope its genue ? ,
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by maly: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
femorra:
i was just told today that i can transfer the vehicle license...i just bought a registered car from someone. does it mean i have to change the license plate?
No
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by iceokoli(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
prosper2013:
yes its 2700 vehnicle licesne , road wortiness is 1500 den insurance 2500 third party
Please is it in Abuja? I want to renew mine and this VIO guys re telling me 7500 without insurance. I already have a genuine insurance.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by iceokoli(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ikenna351:
I renewed my vehicle papers (Vehicle Licence, Insurance & Road worthiness) last week,after the strike, here in Abuja. It cost me only N8,500 (Eight thousand, five hundred Naira). I went to VIO office at Mabushi myself and did the renewal, not through anyone or agent. And it didnt take me more than 30 mins to finish everything.

The breakdown is as follows:

Vehicle Licence: N1,800
Road worthiness: N1,700
Insurance (Third Party): N5,000

About the new Licence, they told me there that its only for sale for new registration. That the suspension of the change of old plate number to new one by the House of Reps still stand, pending when the House says otherwise or the issue is resolved. Unless you want to waste your money by insisting on buying the new plate, to replace the old one, which many people do ignorantly or want their plate number to have the new look, to make it look as if they just purchased the car.

Ikenna.
Please I want to do it myself but those guys will never give u the right directions. Rather d will push u to their colleagues. After what I experinced getting my tinted permit, I will do my papers myself from now on. How do I go about it? Am in Abuja
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
@ loneytunes: there is no new procedure wit regard 2 renewing ur vehicle license. U don't need 2 change ur vehicle's no plate if u do not have any need 4 it.

2ndly, if u're selling it vehicle and it has d new no plate, u are 2 take ur no plate and can use it 2 register any other of ur vehicle as registration of existing no plate. While d buyer does change of ownership and re-registration of already registered vehicle. Dis comes with d New owners no plate and all d documents on his name. U are also 2 collect from d buyer ur original allocation of registration no and prove of ownership certificate after having done his change of ownership.

Vehicle license differs in price as it's cost based on its engine capacity. It ranges from #1250- #1875 - #2500 - #3275. Road worthiness between #2500 - #3000. Third party insurance #5000.

@ infolpf: I work with (mvaa) motor vehicle administration agency in lagos and renewals r still being done till date and and new no plate is not being forced on any one.

@ tmabin: u need 2 return d new no plate 2 d former owner of dat vehicle, process a change of ownership and do a re-registration of already registered vehicle with dis, all documents will be giving in ur name with ur own no plate.
Alternatively, keep driving on d former owner's name and just keep renewing d documents when expired. But if u want d documents in ur name, den u must follow due process.

@ femorra: d same applies 2 u as tmabin.

@ maly : ur vehicle license is genuine as auto-reg has removed d alert dat used 2 come with license renewal or new registration due 2 client's complain of #200 charge on alerts.

For further enquiries, take my contact from my signature.

Pls note: I work only in Lagos.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by funsheezy: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls I'm in Lagos and I just got a used car pre registered I want to update the paper can u help its very urgent
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
funsheezy:
Pls I'm in Lagos and I just got a used car pre registered I want to update the paper can u help its very urgent

Call or watsap me on 08030487887
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Tojued: 4:12am On Sep 19, 2016
achalugonata:
@ loneytunes: there is no new procedure wit regard 2 renewing ur vehicle license. U don't need 2 change ur vehicle's no plate if u do not have any need 4 it.

2ndly, if u're selling it vehicle and it has d new no plate, u are 2 take ur no plate and can use it 2 register any other of ur vehicle as registration of existing no plate. While d buyer does change of ownership and re-registration of already registered vehicle. Dis comes with d New owners no plate and all d documents on his name. U are also 2 collect from d buyer ur original allocation of registration no and prove of ownership certificate after having done his change of ownership.

Vehicle license differs in price as it's cost based on its engine capacity. It ranges from #1250- #1875 - #2500 - #3275. Road worthiness between #2500 - #3000. Third party insurance #5000.

@ infolpf: I work with (mvaa) motor vehicle administration agency in lagos and renewals r still being done till date and and new no plate is not being forced on any one.

@ tmabin: u need 2 return d new no plate 2 d former owner of dat vehicle, process a change of ownership and do a re-registration of already registered vehicle with dis, all documents will be giving in ur name with ur own no plate.
Alternatively, keep driving on d former owner's name and just keep renewing d documents when expired. But if u want d documents in ur name, den u must follow due process.

@ maly : ur vehicle license is genuine as auto-reg has removed d alert dat used 2 come with license renewal or new registration due 2 client's complain of #200 charge on alerts.

Please how much will it cost if I want to change the numberplate so it's in my name.

Also how can I start the process online? Please give me the website. That way I can complete payment before going to vio office.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2016
Tojued:

Please how much will it cost if I want to change the numberplate so it's in my name.

Also how can I start the process online? Please give me the website. That way I can complete payment before going to vio office.

It will cost you roughly 40k. This includes your change of ownership, re-registration of already registered vehicle which comes with your new no plate, and all vehicle documents in your name.
Ensure you have all original docs and your means of id.
This process has nothing to do with online nor vio. This process is only done at MVAA stations.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by naobjk(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
achalugonata:

Please what is the cost of renewing the vehicle licence of a Sienna with a 3.0 engine capacity?
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by phemi01(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2016
Change of car ownership( including new car papers and new number plate is 35,000 . Go directly to any MVAA office and ask for whoever is in charge and make sure you see their I.D cards and ensure they truly work there. Some of their offices have touts around trying to rip people off(especially the office close to Alaka after stadium bus top). Don't use any agent except you are willing to pay more.
Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by dejavoonaija(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Patronize a corporate Organization (CarReg Not Kasali) for vehicle paper renewal
• Delivery within 24 hours
• Services at cost price(For now)
• Free delivery in Lagos (For Now)
Logon to http://carreg.com.ng/product-list.php?pg1-cid48.html to book that we should renew for you
Or Call 09090144706

Vehicle Paper Renewal

• Car - 9,500
• SUV - 10,500

New Registration

• Car - 38,500
• SUV - 40,000
Service available only in Lagos and Lagos Registered vehicle. we will deliver to you across Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
naobjk:

Please what is the cost of renewing the vehicle licence of a Sienna with a 3.0 engine capacity?

Vehicle license for sienna is 2k500

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aston Martin Unveils N1.5 Billion Submarine (photos) / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Car Made Out Of Basket In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.