Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. (2028 Views)

Is It Wrong To Turn Down Advances From Men Even If You're Single? / Handsome Guys, What Is It Like To Be An Attractive Guy / How To Approach An Attractive Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Kaestro(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
:p
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2007
Well, I for one have NEVER cheated, and NEVER will. Never really seen the point, if I felt that way inclined, then I'd rather be single.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by loofas(f): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
My man this issue does not single out the married. It is a serious issue.

quoting this respondence below "Seina" He seemed to be confident in himself. May be he has never gotten such experience.

My brother it is pretty hard to resist women especially the attractive ones. It takes the grace of God.

So what one prayer i say on this is , Lead us not into temptation" Sometimes it worked like magic but sometimes it works like, grin
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Gamers: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2007
Married or single. Its the same.

For me, its going to be very difficult. Infact it was so difficult to resist because she is very beautiful. Now she is carrying my baby and I'm a mess. Now she is insisting that I marry her.

My advise - Avoid women if you can. They come with a whole lot of problems. Stay with the one you love and who loves you back. Believe me, this is priceless!

@Siena
Never say Never. I was a propagator (and still is!) of a one man-woman relationship but I never really understood the power of women. Or is it the submission of a man's loins to that of a woman's? cool
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by cblow(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2007
its all a thing of the mind and the decisions you take, i dated my girl for 5 years b4 we got married and within the period we were apart almost half the time. Had to travel out for futher studies and did not once cheat on her. now we are married and sometimes we are apart cos of the nature of my job, but still very faithful to her and always will,
dont get me wrong, i had more that 4 good offers to chop and clean mouth, but turned them all down, cos i had given her my words,
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by cblow(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2007
its all a thing of the mind and the decisions you take, i dated my girl for 5 years b4 we got married and within the period we were apart almost half the time. Had to travel out for futher studies and did not once cheat on her. now we are married and sometimes we are apart cos of the nature of my job, but still very faithful to her and always will,
dont get me wrong, i had more that 4 good offers to chop and clean mouth, but turned them all down, cos i had given her my words,
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Kaestro(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2007
wink
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by coolviv: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2007
ask urself all u who feel its too difficult, if she had HIV, how many times will u resist her? i'm thinking a million times or more!! sad
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Kaestro(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2007
wink
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2007
Gamers:

Married or single. Its the same.

For me, its going to be very difficult. Infact it was so difficult to resist because she is very beautiful. Now she is carrying my baby and I'm a mess. Now she is insisting that I marry her.

My advise - Avoid women if you can. They come with a whole lot of problems. Stay with the one you love and who loves you back. Believe me, this is priceless!

@Siena
Never say Never. I was a propagator (and still is!) of a one man-woman relationship but I never really understood the power of women. Or is it the submission of a man's loins to that of a woman's? cool

It all depends on the level of commitment you have for your partner. I was never a player, when I was single. I'm 39 now, 40 next April, and am proud to say, I've only had 7 lovers in all that time, the shortest relationship I had was 5 years.

So yes, I can honestly, hand on heart, say never. I just won't cheat.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Busta(f): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2007
So, whats next siena? U think u'll ever settle down?
just curious.

a propagator?
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2007
Busta:

So, whats next siena? You think u'll ever settle down?
just curious.

a propagator?

Aye, I'm getting married next August. I've got a 22 year-old from my ex-wife, and no regrets whatsoever.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Busta(f): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2007
ok . . good for u and all the best!

one question tho ----- how do u feel or what have u got to say about what pple say about guys or people that already has a kid. Especially in nigeria, they frown at that kinda situation and it makes me soooo mad cos thats stereotyping.
and ur ex? is she married?
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by mellow(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2007
Siena my man. How right can you be? I wonder how old you were when you started keeping relationships?

because from my elementary arithmetic if you've had seven girls and shortest time is 5yrs then you have stayed

35yrs in relationships, And if you add the extrax?  Hnm figure it out yourself.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Busta(f): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2007
@ mellow mind ur own business. U actually took the time to the arithmetric calculation. . lol
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2007
My mistake. Read that as longest.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by mellow(m): 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2007
Sustained[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2007
Busta:

ok . . good for u and all the best!

one question tho ----- how do u feel or what have u got to say about what people say about guys or people that already has a kid. Especially in nigeria, they frown at that kind of situation and it makes me soooo mad because thats stereotyping.
and your ex? is she married?

Busta, I've nothing negative to say about single parents, it's not an issue, and certainly won't stop me from marrying a woman I loved. But saying that, for some folk, a single parent is NOT an option, they just can't get on with a child that's not theirs. I can't slate them though, different choices.

But what I can't abide by, is when these same folk regard single parents as "tainted". There are a lot of circumstances by which one could end up a single parent. Divorce, for instance. If 2 people can no longer get on, is it wise to remain together, claiming "we're doing it for our child / children"? Such relationships are unhealthy, children pick up on things, even very young children pick up on atmospheres, despite the parents maintaining a degree of "normality" around them.

My ex re-married 4 years ago.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Busta(f): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2007
awwww. . feel ya.
all the best guy!
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Kaestro(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2007
wink
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by coolviv: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2007
kaestro, d point of asking if is to show everyone that we all have the free will to decide to fall or not.no man i know will allow himself to be pushed to have sex wit a lady wit hiv or any disease.sooo, the choice is yours. last time i checked, i was a lady.

Kaestro:

If? Coolviv.I'm going to assume you're a lady.But asking yourself IF is like going to the university and asking yourself "what if I don't make it as whatever you're there for".Still you have a point.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Gamers: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2007
I ask these questions of Siena.

You married at 17!?! Was it because your girlfriend at that time was pregnant for you? If yes, that must have really been difficult for you! Could it be that being under that sort of pressure would make you not look at any other woman? Just asking, please dont be annoyed. And to later end up in divorce is what bothers me. What happened? Not to pry, honestly. But I'm in a situation similar to what I think happened to you and I hope I'm not making the wrong decisions.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2007
Gamers:

I ask these questions of Siena.

You married at 17!?! Was it because your girlfriend at that time was pregnant for you? If yes, that must have really been difficult for you! Could it be that being under that sort of pressure would make you not look at any other woman? Just asking, please don't be annoyed. And to later end up in divorce is what bothers me. What happened? Not to pry, honestly. But I'm in a situation similar to what I think happened to you and I hope I'm not making the wrong decisions.

Lol, I married a lot later than 17, nothing to do with having a child either.

Of course I look at other women, everyone does. But, it's whether it goes further than just looking. I'd look, but have enough self discipline not to take it further.

Unless of course, I'm single.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Gamers: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2007
@Sienna

How did the child come about?
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2007
Gamers:

@Sienna

How did the child come about?

Lol, too many questions brother!  smiley

Not really into airing my personal life on a public forum, no offence.  Let's just say, my child was NOT an error, and I've no regrets, as far as having her's concerned.

Besides, this thread's digressing, way off-topic now! grin
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Gamers: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2007
@Siena

Well, sorry that I ask these questions. Just needed them to be able to make a more informed decision as my path in life has taken a detour from what I planned.

See my thread and add your comments. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-76905.0.html

P.S. My personal life is on a public forum.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2007
@ Gamers: Sorry to hear about your dilemna, I must add, your situation was very different from mine, I was single, you obviously are not.

I was under no pressure to get married either.

Gamers:

P.S. My personal life is on a public forum.

It certainly is, but I'm not into posting my personal problems on a public forum, but saying that, it doesn't mean you're wrong to do so.

It's called diversity.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by almondjoy(f): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2007
mellow:

Siena my man. How right can you be? I wonder how old you were when you started keeping relationships?

because from my elementary arithmetic if you've had seven girls and shortest time is 5yrs then you have stayed

35yrs in relationships, And if you add the extrax?  Hnm figure it out yourself.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Kaestro:

@Sienna.You seem to have a history considering how long you've been on this planet but having a 22 year old from your ex-wife? You had a kid @ 17yrs and I'm sure you went on to marry this woman.[/b]Does that suggest you had been so sexually active at that age to invest in kids? Anyway I'm very affected by your moral ethics,it takes a real man to be able to withstand and avoid distractions during your relationships.As much as i'm pricipled in most aspects of my life I seem to be still susceptible to the lead by women.[b]You'll add to my list of REAL MEN who who are REAL to there women.Keep it up

Siena:

@ Gamers: Sorry to hear about your dilemna, I must add, your situation was very different from mine, I was single, you obviously are not.

I was under no pressure to get married either.

It certainly is, but I'm not into posting my personal problems on a public forum, but saying that, it doesn't mean you're wrong to do so.

It's called diversity.

Um-hmmm! Interesting.  Things you learn on a peaceful sunday morning. cool  Nothing like a bunch of guys having a heart to heart conversation about life's realities.

@Topic

I think by the 5th time of being "advanced"-- the attractive lady would have haunted my dreams enough. As a result, the other five advances cannot be refused. So on a scale of 1-10 "my looseness" is definitely 5--or 50%. tongue
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by tj4ever(m): 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2007
I hope we are all not trying to put a good face to "issue" here. We are all talking about being actively asked. What about all the time we have done the asking "illlegally?

If I were asked 10 times, I would probably oblige 2ce maybe.

But I feel the urge to do the asking a few time and I hardly ever get a NO. I have a lovely relationship and I feel awful after my escapades and I sometimes feel some of us are just built that way.

E gbami o!
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by tj4ever(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2007
Make una leave Sienna alone O! I ain't so sure that the guy has normal blood flowing in his veins. I applaud his committment and stuff and moan at my own weakness of flesh to quote our men of God.

Sienna. I would have really envied your straight up life if I felt it was real.

I hope it is.

good luck
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by Beta001(f): 1:03am On Oct 15, 2007
kaestro i feel for u. But u can still change. With God all things are possible.
You can do all things thru Christ who strengthens You.
Yoou are not alone.
Re: Down Advances from An Attractive Woman. by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2007
funny replies, for those who can't zip up, let those who can zip up be. geeeez angrythe fact you can't control yourself does not mean everyone is like you or should be like you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Women Love Lies More Than Truth? / Who Should Be Taller - The Man Or The Woman / A Few Words To The So Called "Big Girls"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.