Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos (936 Views)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Pictures Of Ifako-ijaye After The Rain Today / See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. (2) (3) (4)

Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Beaf: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Ifako-Ijaye residents laud deployment of soldiers in Lagos [/size]
Written by Saka Gbeminiyi Thursday, 26 January 2012

The adage, one man’s food is another man’s poison is really playing out in Lagos, as some residents of the city have been commending the Federal Government for redeploying of solders in the state.

It will be recalled that an attempt to curb the protest over fuel subsidy removal necessitated the  deployment of miltary personnel in the state to maintain law and order.

Some members of the public, especially the elite, have been condemning the step as unconstitutional and that it was wrong for the Federal Government to deploy soldiers in the streets of Lagos.

[b]However, some residents of U-Turn, Abule-Egba in Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Area of the state are praising the Federal Government for the action, stating that the step has helped to reduce cases of hoodlums’ attacks on residents at bus stops in the area.

Some of the residents who spoke with Community News maintained that the presence of the military personnel was a major boom to the security of the area, as incidents of armed robbers attacking people in the area have reduced drastically.

“We are happy with the presence of the military men. They are peaceful. Their presence is a major security boost in this area. Before now, it was very dangerous to move in U-turn area of Abule-Egba because of the menace of area boys, miscreants, hoodlums and armed robbers. The area is a dark spot, but since these military men stationed their patrol van in the area, we have been having peace. It is a welcome development,” Alhaji Bayo Adisa, a landlord in Agbe Road, Abule-Egba told Community News.

Alhaji Adisa expressed surprise at the noise generated by the presence of the military personnel. “I’m really surprised at the noise being made by the people about the presence of the military men. Our people can play politics with anything. The soldiers are just there without molesting anybody. You don’t have any problem with them, so far you are doing your legal job. Their presence in our area has brought respite. We have been experiencing serious security challenges in this area before now, but it has really gone down,” he said.

Alhaji Adisa appealed to the government especially, the leadership of Ifako Ijaiye Local Government to provide street lights to curb the menace of men of the underworld. “What we have noticed is that men of the underworld often hide under the cover of darkness to forment trouble and we believe that the presence of street lights will put a stop to the danger posed by these evil men,” he said.[/b]

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/34934-ifako-ijaye-residents-laud-deployment-of-soldiers-in-lagos
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by homerac7: 12:17am On Jan 26, 2012
^

So what's ur point? U used to b brilliant.

SMH
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Beaf: 1:50am On Jan 26, 2012
homerac7:

^

SMH

Crap. Go burn down Tribune if you hate the article.

@topic
There is one glaring fact that can be gleaned from the above, and its that the Lagos elite are dangerously out of touch with the people.
In places like Mushin, Fadeyi, Bariga, Onipkan etc where area boys and armed robbers have been a scourge, the people welcomed the soldiers, were happy with the relative peace they brought and the way they comported themselves.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 26, 2012
Isn't that what the police is supposed to be doing?
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 26, 2012
homerac7:

^

SMH

LOL grin

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Beaf is brilliant, his mouth is just over stuffed with Naira.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by aljharem(m): 1:59am On Jan 26, 2012
Beaf:

Crap. Go burn down Tribune if you hate the article.

@topic
There is one glaring fact that can be gleaned from the above, and its that the Lagos elite are dangerously out of touch with the people.
In places like Mushin, Fadeyi, Bariga, Onipkan etc where area boys and armed robbers have been a scourge, the people welcomed the soldiers, were happy with the relative peace they brought and the way they comported themselves.

NO SIR THE PEOPLE DID NOT WELCOME THE SOLDIERS NOT NOW NOT EVER IN ANY PART OF LAGOS, THIS IS PURELY POLITICS AND YOU KNOW THE REASON

OR DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE TO REMIND YOU ?
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by beafroast: 2:04am On Jan 26, 2012
homerac7:

^

SMH
Him point be sey the (Zombies) soldiers wey Oga GEJ send come Lagos make sense. U know sey the guy, Beaf no dey tire. Him must always find way to show/tell us sey Oga GEJ actions make sense.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Beaf: 2:15am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

NO SIR THE PEOPLE DID NOT WELCOME THE SOLDIERS NOT NOW NOT EVER IN ANY PART OF LAGOS, THIS IS PURELY POLITICS AND YOU KNOW THE REASON

OR DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE TO REMIND YOU ?

Will you fall ill if you don't shout? angry
Anyways, Alhaji Adisa couldn't care less about the story you are weaving and he is a Lagosian ("a landlord in Agbe Road, Abule-Egba"wink, while you are from Borno state:

Alhaji Adisa expressed surprise at the noise generated by the presence of the military personnel. “I’m really surprised at the noise being made by the people about the presence of the military men. Our people can play politics with anything. The soldiers are just there without molesting anybody. You don’t have any problem with them, so far you are doing your legal job. Their presence in our area has brought respite. We have been experiencing serious security challenges in this area before now, but it has really gone down,” he said.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by aljharem(m): 2:26am On Jan 26, 2012
Beaf:

Will you fall ill if you don't shout? angry
Anyways, Alhaji Adisa couldn't care less about the story you are weaving and he is a Lagosian ("a landlord in Agbe Road, Abule-Egba"wink, while you are from Borno state:

I am from borno but a lagosian by every standard

You know of the meeting of edwin clark and HID awolowo right (owner of tibune) and today this

what does that tell you ?

anyway good politics by South-south, they know were the power lies in Yorubaland and IT is certainly not with ACN or Tinubu but with afernfere

If I want to make a deal in yorubaland, those are the people I would go meet not Tinubu/ACN

I guess buhari made that mistake to go meet tinubu. too much propaganda by ACN to make themselves look very powerful in the SW. when like of OBJ still bows down to afernifere.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Beaf: 2:45am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

I am from borno but a lagosian by every standard

You know of the meeting of edwin clark and HID awolowo right (owner of tibune) and today this

what does that tell you ?

anyway good politics by South-south, they know were the power lies in Yorubaland and IT is certainly not with ACN or Tinubu but with afernfere

If I want to make a deal in yorubaland, those are the people I would go meet not Tinubu/ACN

I guess buhari made that mistake to go meet tinubu. too much propaganda by ACN to make themselves look very powerful in the SW. when like of OBJ still bows down to afernifere.

You are from Borno? Lol!
I thought you were Awori? At some point you were also Igbo and at another, Ijaw.

Dude, I seriously do not like conversing with liars.

Bye.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by hercules07: 3:35am On Jan 26, 2012
@alh

You will go and make agreements with those who are no longer relevant in Yoruba politics, goodluck to you o, when GEJ needed the SW he went to Tinubu, but you will go to Ikenne?
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Beaf: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2012
hercules07:

@alh

You will go and make agreements with those who are no longer relevant in Yoruba politics, goodluck to you o, when GEJ needed the SW he went to Tinubu, but you will go to Ikenne?

Those who you think are relevant have behaved poorly and used unprintable words about the section of the country that vistited H.I.D. Awolowo.
What name is bigger than Awo's in the SW? A foul mouthed, drug pushing, certificate forger?

I believe there is a clash of cultures that makes the SW person not to understand the SS person. Where hurts might be spoken about loudly in the SW, they might only be quietly mentioned in the SS, yet borne deeply in mind. Any SS person going to cut deals with Tinubu will have no home to return to.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by ollyruffy: 10:19am On Jan 26, 2012
Leave Alhaji Adisa.

Soldiers never roast his roamimg goat or harass his wife/daughter. He will go to inquire why and he would be given some frog-jumps purnishment.

Only then he can reason well enough.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2012
Who doesnt know that TRIBUNE is strictly a PDP Paper. Community news spoke with few residents of Ifako Ijaiye who are also members of the deadly cult (PDP) and their response was what was published. They are not even in the majority. This report should be moved to where it belongs, Trash.
Besides, soldiers have been withdrawn, let them constitute a committee to Aso Rock to meet with the Retardeen to rescind his decision.
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by eghost247(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2012
Aigbofa:

Isn't that what the police is supposed to be doing?
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Valon4ego(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2012
It's really very funny to watch people groping for reasons of all sorts to discredit the news! Very very funny!
Re: Ifako-ijaye Residents Laud Deployment Of Soldiers In Lagos by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2012
Valon4ego:

It's really very funny to watch people groping for reasons of all sorts to discredit the news! Very very funny!

Of cos the news is credible no doubt.

Demdem:

Who doesnt know that TRIBUNE is strictly a PDP Paper. Community news spoke with few residents of Ifako Ijaiye who are also members of the deadly cult (PDP) and their response was what was published. They are not even in the majority. This report should be moved to where it belongs, Trash.
Besides, soldiers have been withdrawn, let them constitute a committee to Aso Rock to meet with the Retardeen to rescind his decision.

Pro-biafra Countries Send Representatives To Ojukwu's Burial / Hausa Traders, LG Disagree Over Relocation / Biafra Or Igbo Presidency Which One Do Ndigbo Want

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51