Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges (6168 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / MASSOB To Jonathan: Free Rev. King, 35 Others Before May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by jason123: 1:07am On Jan 26, 2012
BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA- ANOTHER group agitating for the actualization of Biafra, the Biafra Zionist Movement, yesterday accused leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, of exploiting Igbos and misleading them in the name of championing the struggle for the actualization of Biafra Republic.

Leader of the group, Mr. Benjamin Onwuka, who addressed newsmen with members of his group, said MASSOB had been cashing in on the ignorance of the people and using the struggle for the Biafra Republic to make money for themselves.

According to him, Uwazuruike knows that he is not going about the struggle the right way that would lead to the actualization of the new republic.

He added that the right thing to do was to get the international community to support the struggle, which his group was doing.

He said: “We must get the support of the United States of America to be able to undermine the United Kingdom who do not want us to be free, and as I talk to you now, the process is in place”.

There is no way you can split an oil producing nation without the knowledge of the USA, this is a country that buys more oil from Nigeria than we consume.

“We cannot divide this country without being in the foreign media and making the USA see reasons why they should support our secession bid”, he said.

But the Director of Information of MASSOB, Mr. Uchenna Madu, who reacted to Onwuka’s allegation, accused the group of being sponsored by government to cause confusion among the Igbo.

He said MASSOB remained the foremost organization working for the actualization of Biafra, adding, however, that his group would not stop any organization with genuine intentions for the support of the cause.

Madu said: “MASSOB represents the most genuine interest of Ndigbo and has maintained consistency in the hands of the Nigerian government persecutions, torture, detention, imprisonment.

“Uwazuruike has paid a lot sacrifices for the sake of Ndigbo. He has no match. Agitations are not done on pages of newspapers. Ndigbo should ignore Onwuka and his group because they are looking for cheap popularity.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/uwazuruike-using-massob-to-exploit-igbos-biafran-group-alleges/
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by manny4life(m): 1:23am On Jan 26, 2012
I might not know specifics but undoubtedly, someone has been paid embarassed embarassed embarassed

Imagine confusion of the highest order? Please, people shouldn't be used as an instrument for whatever reason,
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by jason123: 1:29am On Jan 26, 2012
^^^
Most, if not all groups from other ethnic groups who have the same ambitions as MASSOB have been compromised.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by PointB: 3:21am On Jan 26, 2012
jason123:

^^^
Most, if not all groups from other ethnic groups who have the same ambitions as MASSOB have been compromised.

By?
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Jan 26, 2012
Igbo Kwenu
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Rhino5dm: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2012
For certain, the Biafran actualization mantra has always been at lip service after the defeat of 1970. They refuse to apply simple practical steps of tacits systematical dis-engagement from the union they soo much loathed. If i didn't know better. . .how could i be fuckin' my wife at will, while always shouting divorce. Irony!
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by EkoIle1: 4:41am On Jan 26, 2012
These ibo AGIPA people and their never ending drama sha,

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by DanKan0: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

For certain, the Biafran actualization mantra has always been at lip service after the defeat of 1970. They refuse to apply simple practical steps of tacits systematical dis-engagement from the union they soo much loathed. If i didn't know better. . .how could i be fuckin' my wife at will, while always shouting divorce. Irony!

Loooooooooooool. D ting must be good ooo tongue

1 Like

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by mensdept: 7:05am On Jan 26, 2012
The name Biafra Zionist movement sounds silly. Looks like a cooked up group of hungry folks being dashed N10,000 too run mouth.

Eko Ile:

I guess Omo"Yoruba" [b]ACN[/b]egros are doing remarkably better in Ogun state with the primary schools and 20-lane modern highways se'
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by buzor(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2012
another yeriba man on rampage
Eko Ile:

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by buzor(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2012
another yeriba man on rampage
Eko Ile:

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by sheyguy: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2012
Pls folks let biafra be. If they decide to split themselves b4 seccesion that's their own business.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2012
If you think it is easy to be in prison many times for a course and exploit, Then try you own movement   undecided.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by deathmen12: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2012
make massob and so called biafran shut up there mouth, igbo man who does not even trust himself, why do biafran think that state like delta, bayelsa, edo, and port harcourt, will join them with their selfish act. they should think of better things to do with their life instead of wasting their time. if they will divide Nigeria that means they will divide it into four, because nounterns will be one, if some state in niger delta agree to join brafran other state like delta, edo bayelsa and P.H will not agree. so they should forget the dream of brafran.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2012
So na now wey people don dey realize say MASSOB and Uwazuruike are frauds!!

I laff!

Little wonder. Nigerian Soldiers killed off the last few intelligant Biafrans. All we have left now are traders and conmen.

I weep. Until we realize that we are not all that, humble ourselves, go back to the drawing board, correct the mistakes of Ojukwu and co, and restrategize, we will forever be the cry-babies of Nigeria.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Onlytruth(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I laff!

Little wonder. Nigerian Soldiers killed off the last few intelligant Biafrans. All we have left now are traders and conmen.

I weep. Until we realize that we are not all that, humble ourselves, go back to the drawing board, correct the mistakes of Ojukwu and co, and restrategize, we will forever be the cry-babies of Nigeria.

A person not familiar with you would think that you are seriously interested in finding a viable solution to all our problems, but they would be wrong!
Whenever I criticize something, I try to put forward a solution

For instance, I would agree that MASSOB is not impressing me, has never impressed me.
However, my own solution would be to register a party by the name of Eastern Nigeria Peoples Congress(ENPC)

This party should set the goal of either dominating the politics and development of Eastern Nigeria, or coordinate an effort to leave the Nigerian union.

Now, I would have the organization, whether it is registered as a political party or not. I would use it to ensure that the East has the same basic standards in development: education, healthcare, roads, food security, housing etc.
Of course each state should develop as much as it can afford (based on resource control at local levels of course), but we should plan the region together to produce a region to be proud of.

If ever Nigeria disintegrates, it would be the vehicle to negotiate our exit.

I have not seen any clear agenda from MASSOB.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by saintneo(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2012
Eko Ile:

Are you a British? Yes, I ham! Yes, I ham! make una leave us o! lol! no pun intended, just humor.

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by tebill(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2012
pls can we really specify the boundaries of this Biafra dream, cos Nigerdelta no follow oh.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by tpia5: 11:35am On Jan 26, 2012
^Yes, hi ham also british.

His there hay problem?

Lol.

Abeg oyibo na your native language?
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by phreakabit(m): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I laff!

Little wonder. Nigerian Soldiers killed off the last few [size=18pt]intelligant[/size] Biafrans. All we have left now are traders and conmen.

That definitely wasn't a typo, was it? A and E are very much apart on all qwerty keyboards I have seen.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by phreakabit(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2012
jason123:

[size=15pt]

the Biafra Zionist Movement

He said:  “We must get the support of the United States of America to be able to undermine the United Kingdom who do not want us to be free, [/b]and as I talk to you now, the process is in place”.

[b]There is no way you can split an oil producing nation without the knowledge of the USA
, this is a country that buys more oil from Nigeria than we consume.

“We cannot divide this country without being in the foreign media and making the USA see reasons why they should support our secession bid”, he said.[/size]

With comments like these anyone who supports or recognizes this guy and his fraudulent group is An infinite mor0n. His comments screams [size=18pt]USA and CIA[/size] at work or An excessively DUUUUUUUUMB and ignorant ape brained humanoid just discovered how to grant interviews.

The Biafra Zionist Movement?? Zionist Movement? Really?  shocked  shocked  Since when did we become Zionists?    Someone should please kill this guy asap.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by phreakabit(m): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

A person not familiar with you would think that you are seriously interested in finding a viable solution to all our problems, but they would be wrong!

For instance, I would agree that MASSOB is not impressing me, has never impressed me.
However, my own solution would be to register a party by the name of Eastern Nigeria Peoples Congress(ENPC)

This party should set the goal of either dominating the politics and development of Eastern Nigeria, or coordinate an effort to leave the Nigerian union.

Now, I would have the organization, whether it is registered as a political party or not. I would use it to ensure that the East has the same basic standards in development: education, healthcare, roads, food security, housing etc.
Of course each state should develop as much as it can afford (based on resource control at local levels of course), but we should plan the region together to produce a region to be proud of.

Bro You are a very sensible individual, only wished people like us where somewhat more influential than we actually are. You have earned my respect forever. Your post here is flawless. Keep it up.  wink
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by nedu210(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I laff!

i hav decided not be be exchaning words with u, but don't make me revise that decision plz.    TANX 4 UR UNDERSTANDING
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I laff!

Little wonder. Nigerian Soldiers killed off the last few intelligant [/b]Biafrans. All we have left now are traders and conmen.

phreakabit:

That definitely wasn't a typo, was it? [b]A and E are very much apart on all qwerty keyboards I have seen.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I laff!

Little wonder. Nigerian Soldiers killed off the last few intelligant [/b]Biafrans. All we have left now are traders and conmen.

phreakabit:

That definitely wasn't a typo, was it? [b]A and E are very much apart on all qwerty keyboards I have seen.

LWKMD  grin grin grin grin
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by waxrider: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
Now lets blame it on Yorubas.

Odua a gbewa ooooo
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think it is high-time MASSOB and OPC Merge to become a force to be reckoned with, see small fries like MEND on robust Amnesty and BOKO-HARAM already considering to be on the take of Amnesty provisions grin
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Demdem(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2012
deathmen12:

make massob and so called biafran shut up there mouth, igbo man who does not even trust himself, why do biafran think that state like delta, bayelsa,  edo, and port harcourt, will join them with their selfish act. they should think of better things to do with their life instead of wasting their time. if they will divide Nigeria that means they will divide it into four,  because nounterns will be one, if some state in niger delta agree to join brafran other state like delta, edo bayelsa and P.H will not agree. so they should forget the dream of  brafran.

grin grin grin grin

Just yesterday i had a group discussions with some of my ikwere friends and another from oron akwa ibom at our regular joint. The same story. There is so much distrust and hatred for the igbo race from these people. Hopefully, time will heal the wounds.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I have to agree that I haven't put up a solution to the problem, so  here it goes;

1. Should Ndigbo be taken seriously in their secession bid, then there needs to be a very big awareness campaign. It becomes a circus when a few Men and Women hold protests clamouring for an independent state, yet the very next election, you find the Igbos campaigning, assassinating and kidnapping one another for the position. Its time we Ndigbos take a stand. Are we in or out. Every corner you enter and listen to us discuss the issues bothering us, you see that we are yet to determine what we want. Do we want to rule Nigeria as in produce the next president? Or dob we want an independent country. Now if the later is the case, then the "BIAFRA ZIONIST MOVEMENT (BZM)" have a point. Its time to get the international community involved. Take this fight to the next level. Plead our case on the international front. Put pressure on the government through external means. The U.N and co. The option of a full scale war is out of the question because nobody is ready to die (ask Ojukwu). This stance (secession) should further be stressed by our abstaining from Nigerian politics, meaning no participation in any elections whatsoever, no representation on the federal council/legislature and the rest. A peaceful unanimous secession. This would put so much pressure on the government that they would be forced to move, and should we not get independence, then at least we can settle for an independent state.

2. Now should producing the next president of Nigeria be the case, then this talk of secession had better fly out the window fast. Then we also need to start working on ourselves. Ndigbos are so divided it is unbelievable. We need to do our homework and put our house in order and maybe, just maybe by 2019, we will have a strong candidate that can stand any opposition. The idea of an "Eastern Nigeria Peoples Congress" political party would do us more harm than good. Case in point Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Its largely viewed by Nigerians of other ethnic groups as a Northern/Hausa political party hence its inability to win any support outside the North. Another is the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) which is viewed as an Eastern Political Party as well. We do not need that. Any political party under which we decide to pursue this dream must be perceived by all Nigerians as ethnically neutral. That's the major reason the PDP is so strong. We need to do our home work first like I said and put our house in order and then we can take on the rest of Nigeria.

On the issue of MASSOB, I'm glad we both agree that they are a bunch of nuisance who have outlived their usefulness (if ever they were of any). We (the new generation) may want to take over the helm of affairs and pilot the affairs of Ndigbo in the right direction, using modern means available to us. Uwazuruike and co should retire. They have done their best and its time to rest.

1 Like

Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit:

That definitely wasn't a typo, was it? A and E are very much apart on all qwerty keyboards I have seen.

Ouch!! That was definitely not a typo I agree. It was an error. I hope I didnt make any others and that you could understand my post regardless.

nedu210:

I hav decided not be be exchaning words with u, but don't make me revise that decision plz. TANX 4 UR UNDERSTANDING

WHo is this persona non grata. Abeg look bush jor.
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
The Biafra agenda itself is a fraud initiated by the grand theft master oju-iku who wanted his major ethnic group in the old eastern region to dominate the Ijaws and other smaller groups who own the oil.Biafra is an ibo agenda,oju-iku made money from it alone but now that he is dead,the ibo from Israel are in for a long battle with Nigerian ibos.abi which one be Zionist again ?
Re: Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges by HighChief4(m): 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
I doubt the veracity of this story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC Disowns Publicised Timetable For Primaries / Tinubu Private Jet Worth Double Lionel Messi New $15 Million Dollar Acquisition / Enugu Economic Ratings And Welfare Of Ordinary Masses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.