Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation (2237 Views)

Poll: Please Vote: Should Jonathan resign Honorably for Nigeria's Peace?

Yes: 46% (21 votes)
No: 53% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Itsekiri Leaders Seek President Jonathan Resignation / Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation / ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
What advice would you offer to the President if you are to advise him?
I will tell the President to resign because he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Why?
He has been deputy governor, governor, vice president and later acting President and has been declared as the President, so if he has not learnt how to govern and he is still being manipulated, then he has no business being there.

what more can i say. as simple as that no tribalism, bigotry or ethnic fight involved. Please support this cause for our future.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by MrGlobe(m): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
All I will say is who wouldn't?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
supported
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by wesley80(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
All I will say is if you want Gej out of that office before 2015, then go buy a rifle. The only way he's leaving that office before time is in a body bag! At least then we wont just be thanking you for liberating his soul but for also liberating the entire ND region.
Bloody eejit. Why dont you organize a campaign for your Local govt Chairman that cant even fight the mosquitoes that have given you brain damage to resign? No be your fault afterall even Kpukpuyeke done get internet!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by jumobi1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
Reason being?
Do you have a better alternative once he resigns? Do we need a Northern Muslim for Boko Haram to calm down? Did Yar'Adua/OBJ try to address subsidy fraud?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
i think a northern president will tackle boko haram. boko haram might cool down if they see one of their own as president. It will be for nigeria's best interest.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by AmAlone: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
supporting non-stop!!!!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by DrummaBoy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
You have my 100% support.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
Please keep it coming.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by werepeLeri: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think this OP has brain haemorrhage. Seriously speaking. Your hatred for GEJ has becloud any ability for your brain to reason beyond your nose, and all you do is to eject spit like a drooling drunkard. Support the call for resignation based on what? Based on what points? None, but just on the fact that you think he has not learnt how to Govern? Come on. Dont insult the intelligence of NairaLand members with this thrash. Even if it is in the house- you have to list points on which you want people to vote, supported with strong reasons, but you are so un intelligent that you think people will buy your submission.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

I think this OP has brain haemorrhage. Seriously speaking. Your hatred for GEJ has becloud any ability for your brain to reason beyond your nose, and all you do is to eject spit like a drooling drunkard. Support the call for resignation based on what? Based on what points? None, but just on the fact that you think he has not learnt how to Govern? Come on. Dont insult the intelligence of NairaLand members with this thrash. Even if it is in the house- you have to list points on which you want people to vote, supported with strong reasons, but you are so un intelligent that you think people will buy your submission.

Clap for yourself you ediot.

I dont have time to rundown with you. And i'm not used to talk talk like all y'all do.

other bombs will drop, many innocent nigerians will die,but the only thing that will stop this senseless killing spree is for Jonathan to resign. He has failed in his duty as the C.S.O of nigeria. There are other reasons i can give but you are just not my type for a debate, if i ever had time for that at all.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by violent(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nigerians being brainlessly emotional again!

It wouldn't take anyone with less than half wit to realize that the President's resignation will only contribute more chaos and confusion.

The solution is not to vote in incompetents in the first place.  Jonathan made a self confession right before the elections that he knew within himself that he wasn't the right person for the Job, yet some of the same Nigerians now calling for his resignation, swore and cursed at us for speaking up against their "Obama of Africa".

I remember too well how i read vain excuses on this forum ranging from:

"He's our son, it's our time to rule"

"He had no shoes, so he knows where it truly hurts"

"i love his hat, it shows what a fine leader he is"

'He brought facebook to Nigeria, he'd surely bring "light" and good road networks too'

well, suck it up people!. . .The president's resignation will not make Nigeria any better!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
violent:

Nigerians being brainlessly emotional again!

It wouldn't take anyone with less than half wit to realize that the President's resignation will only throw contribute more chaos and confusion.

this is you being emotional, sentimental.

how many nigerian lives do you want snuffed before you realize GEJ is not capable to handle the presidency?

hmmmmmmmm? boko haram is specifically targeting GEJ's government for some reasons, and to to let that spiral into more chaos and a possible civil war, don't you think the president should just give leave there?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by don33310(m): 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
When i looked into Jonathan eyes,i saw a man that is clueless,a man that got to the presidency by accident hence have no blue for Nigeria. In Jonathan heart of heart,he would have love to resign but the people benefiting from him(CABALS) will not allow him to resign.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by don33310(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
When i looked into Jonathan eyes,i saw a man that is clueless,a man that got to the presidency by accident hence have no blue for Nigeria. In Jonathan heart of heart,he would have love to resign but the people benefiting from him(CABALS) will not allow him to resign.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by PointB: 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
Silly thread by jobless Op!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by ziga: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
Supported x 100
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Rad1cal: 11:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
May Thunder fire the OP
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by pcicero(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2012
For some reasons, I don't support this call for the president's resignation. But, I expected a better performance from him because he had the rare privilege of being an acting president before he got a fresh mandate. That ought to have prepared him for the tasks ahead.
My advice for him is to rid himself of all the charlatans and hypocrites around him and steer the ship of this nation towards the course of greatness.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 27, 2012
the president has confessed that his government is already compromised. but what are we going to expect will happen? NOTHING! its rare in Nigeria to see any senator, or high ranking public official publicly disgraced or prosecuted when involved in serious criminal charges. We also know the V.P is a close associate to top dogs in boko haram.
Do we still need this government that tells you to your face how incompetent it is?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by TRUTHTELA: 6:11am On Jan 27, 2012
If Jonathan must resign, Sambo has to go that same day and no David Mark's presidency. This will afford Nigerians a rare oppourtunity to chose how they want to live and who they want to live with. The reality is Nigeria is FUSSED UNION &they keep using FORCE to hold it together,hence, it can NEVER,EVER achieve anything. It's not about Jonathan, the one before him was INCOMPETENT &TOO SICK and the one before the Yar'adua, was INCOMPETENT & broad day ROGUE. For people that believed in Nigeria,they should be allowed to chose the type of Nigeria that they want. To them that do not want to be part of it,they should be allowed to GO &LIVE IN PEACE.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by yoji: 6:44am On Jan 27, 2012
In a nigeria where d overriding political factor is tribalism, u xpect d first nigerdelta president to resign?? And am guessin u were very ok with d leadership of obj and yaradua. Now listen, d impoverished north doesn't care about nigeria cos of their tribalism so y should anybody else care.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by jmaine: 7:19am On Jan 27, 2012
This OP head correct so ?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by slimghost(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2012
Resignation ko, Designation ni! Yeah, he will resign in 2015. nonsense
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:52am On Jan 27, 2012
Good Morning All. It is Friday grin
I too have "personal" reservations for GEJ from his ascendancy to VP under Yar-Adua to his grovelling days as Acting President (second Acting President in the History of the World) to his leaked weaknesses in governing Nigeria on Wiki-leaks to his present Critically-Acclaimed BUFFOON Status presently.

But let us step back a bit and review the History, Circumstances and Environment that sustains GEJ till this present day.
1: A King is not supreme without his advisers -GEJ is nothing without his Team of Special Advisers (A poor bunch really)
2: You cannot ignore the influence of "The Cabal" - Power-players like OBJ, TY Danjuma, Governor's Forum, Oil Marketers, Ex-Presidents
3: You also cannot ignore the Political/Economic/Religious interest groups in this country with their own selfish agenda, undermining each step GEJ makes with his shoeless feet.

GEJ is a child of circumstances (with no shoes) thus he is hardly in control of the peculiarly "Nigerian" circumstance he finds himself in. or can we ignore the fact that he was pushed back n 'forth, spoon-fed and led to the seat he presently occupies with little conviction from the man himself. Unfortunately he has made his strategy to obvious to his enemies - He has none. Politically bereft in the art of politics, highly impoverish in the exercise of tact and diplomacy and sorely lacking in public confidence and support. However GEJ has a spectacularly robust cabinet of online and offline sycophants and jati-jati people who continue to befog his senses and ability to be proactive and run-down his capacity to act decisively in matters that require ACTION instead of Facebook comments.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Good Morning All. It is Friday grin
I too have "personal" reservations for GEJ from his ascendancy to VP under Yar-Adua to his grovelling days as Acting President (second Acting President in the History of the World) to his leaked weaknesses in governing Nigeria on Wiki-leaks to his present Critically-Acclaimed BUFFOON Status presently.

But let us step back a bit and review the History, Circumstances and Environment that sustains GEJ till this present day.
1: A King is not supreme without his advisers -GEJ is nothing without his Team of Special Advisers (A poor bunch really)
2: You cannot ignore the influence of "The Cabal" - Power-players like OBJ, TY Danjuma, Governor's Forum, Oil Marketers, Ex-Presidents
3: You also cannot ignore the Political/Economic/Religious interest groups in this country with their own selfish agenda, undermining each step GEJ makes with his shoeless feet.

GEJ is a child of circumstances (with no shoes) thus he is hardly in control of the peculiarly "Nigerian" circumstance he finds himself in. or can we ignore the fact that he was pushed back n 'forth, spoon-fed and led to the seat he presently occupies with little conviction from the man himself. Unfortunately he has made his strategy to obvious to his enemies - He has none. Politically bereft in the art of politics, highly impoverish in the exercise of tact and diplomacy and sorely lacking in public confidence and support. However GEJ has a spectacularly robust cabinet of online and offline sycophants and jati-jati people who continue to befog his senses and ability to be proactive and run-down his capacity to act decisively in matters that require ACTION instead of Facebook comments.

Thanks.
I hope these mofos can read between the lines and reason with you.

We don't need a witch hunter of a president. Just look how he's witchhunting Sylva because he has damaging corruption evidence against him. We dont need this man as president any longer.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by KnowAll(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
Mr Jonathan would be a good umpire come 2015, since he would not be running (I am assuming he would not be running not with all this Boko Haram Wahala), let him give us a free and fair election for his absence in the election and he would have written his name in a gold plague, I would not support any move to dethrone the President at this moment.

The President can be a useful tool to help our fledging democracy come 2015.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by iswell1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
@post, why do you hate GJE?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by DRANOEL(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
supported
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nigerd(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Poster!!! Clueless entity Like u will Vote YES!!,
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by gregg2: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Poster
Your reasoning is childish.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Goddex: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
Poster is a bastard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Frcn To Launch Book On Obasanjo / Toxic Waste Imported Into Lagos By Alaba Market Businessman / NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.