Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,033 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be (3185 Views)

Kidnappers Of Monarch Akaeze Edward-Ofulue Arrested / DSS Operative Shoots Bride, Groom, Guests At Wedding Reception / 30 Killed On A Wedding Convoy In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be by pheesayor(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
It was a sad end for 38-year-old Eddy Kokobili on Monday as the convoy of Taraba State Governor Dambaba Suntai ran over and killed him along the International Airport Road, Abuja.

Edward, who was Head, Feed Addictives, Agrochemicals & Veterinary Products, Vitacem Nigeria Ltd, had gone to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for his introduction to his in-laws-to-be prior to his wedding in February.

An eyewitness said the late Kokobili had successfully completed the prenuptials and was on his way back to Lagos when the incident occurred between 9:00 and 9:30 am on the ever busy Airport Road.

Sources said that the convoy was rushing to the airport to pick the governor who had arrived earlier in the morning but due to a breakdown in logistics, was stranded. But the aides in a bid to get to the governor on time had encountered serious traffic due to checkpoints on the road, as security operatives conducted stop and search checks against the backdrop of Boko Haram menace.

The convoy had abandoned the highway and taken to the sidewalk on high speed, and just about 150 meters to the airport toll gate, the convoy crushed to death Kokobili.
Kokobili, who died on the spot, was on his way to the airport when the cab he was travelling in got stuck in traffic and so in a bid to catch his flight due for 10:30 am, had disembarked and was about to board an ‘okada’ commercial motorcyclist, before the pilot SUV, a Nissan Armada, in the governor’s convoy killed him Kokobili.
A police officer, Cecilia Metu, had called the last number on the deceased’s phone log and spoken with one Mr. Kenneth, who identified the victim as Kokobili.

Attempts to speak to the deceased’s family in Festac Town, Lagos were not successful as the siblings were inconsolable. Kokobili’s elder brother, Innocent pleaded with this reporter to be left alone. “Please, please, leave me alone. I can’t talk now,” he pleaded, mopping tears off his face.

The late Edward was an active member of the Festac Grammar School Alumni

http://pheesayor..com/2012/01/taraba-state-gov-convoy-kills-edward.html

Re: Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be by member67023: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2012
So sad. May his soul RIP.
I wonder if the Taraba Gov did anything about this.
Re: Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be by Osama10(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2012
What a way to die & nothing would be done to these murderers. angry
Re: Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be by pheesayor(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
nakedwire:

So sad. May his soul RIP.
I wonder if the Taraba Gov did anything about this.
I learnt the family met with the government, haven't heard anything about it yet

Osama10:

What a way to die & nothing would be done to these murderers. angry
hopefully something will be done
Re: Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be by funkiibaby(f): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2012
Bro Eddie was my neighbour.Remember all the old times,happy times,has we were neighbour's we were all very close.You couldn't wish for a better gentleman.
Saw him while i was back home last year,he does say much but he always had a smile on his face, lovely lovely gentleman.I can't get over how this could have happened to someone so nice, life is cruel.
Am so angry,it so sad it feels life is so cheap in Nigeria.This self made young man pursued his dream through thick and thin and for a bastard to take away his life like that is to much for me to swallow angry.
I wonder if anyone will be charged for murder,i hope they don't get away with this, bastards!!

(1) (Reply)

Cow Rammed In Man Today And Destroys His Car See Herdsman Reply To Car Owner / 24 Year Lady Arrested For Raping A 4 Year Old Boy in Rivers State / A Yoruba Lady Sold Four Times In Oman, Begs Nigerians For Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.