Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 (11380 Views)

Business That Can Be Started With Just 50k / Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay / What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by geedup(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2012
fellow nairalanders,wat kind of business can sum1 start with N200,000. Opinions please,
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by franel79(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
Una sabi waste money sha. Na wa for una oh.

From experience, starting out with large capital has been a very wrong business decision for me. Setup a fix deposit with that capital of yours and look for a small business that you can do with little or no cash. I know you won't get much from interests, but at least your capital is safe.

If you are looking for what to do, I have this job that pays N2,000 monthly just to express yourself, if you are always online, that is an extra income for simply being online.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by geedup(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
@franel
enlighten me then
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by oluks05: 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
@knowledge4, that is not a bad idea but it is to manage this drivers that is d big issue heard it could be a pretty nasty experience but hope to hear/ read what u have in mind
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Don1Dee(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2012
franel79:

Una sabi waste money sha. Na wa for una oh.

From experience, starting out with large capital has been a very wrong business decision for me. Setup a fix deposit with that capital of yours and look for a small business that you can do with little or no cash. I know you won't get much from interests, but at least your capital is safe.

If you are looking for what to do, I[b] have this job that pays N2,000 monthly just to express yourself, if you are always online, that is an extra income for simply being online. [/b]
Throw more light, am interested.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Dsage1: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2012
@op,pls i beg u in d name of God, dont go for transport business if u cannot drive it by ursef.2ndly,200k is not adequate to start candle business,i worked in d candle factory for 2yrs b4 my uni education.Ur problem wi start 4m identification of good wax,lylon,tred,market etc.i suggest u rent a shop&be selling electric/phone assesary,so profitable.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by solapopson(m): 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Good you are asking before taking a leap. Business is not easy without good knowledge. I think a lot of people can testify to that having their fingers burnt. If you need the knowledge that will make you put your seed capital to good use, email me on empoweryourself@rocketmail.com and I will get an invitation card to you for a program titled Creating Your Own Economy its strictly by invitation. Wishing you the best in whatever decision you make. Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by knowledge4(m): 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2012
Business is a risk, always a risk. there is no risk-free business anywhere.In any business,there are successes just as there are failures. An entrepreneur takes risks,calculated risks. Nigerians are not entrepreneurial people.They like copy catting other people's businesses because they cannot take risks

You do not need to have huge capital to do candle business.
the usual belief is that you must have N300k-N500k before you can buy a locally fabricated candle machine to produce candles.
You can get a fabricated candle machine for N70k which can produce 100 candle sticks in one cycle.
There are now many individuals producing candles in their backyards . A few are bold to place their own labels while others place china labels on their products to disguise and to sell them. they are selling.The customers who buy the candles do not care who produces it.
Not all the candles in the market are produced by big factories.
One backyard producer produces a superior quality candle which burns for 6 hours whereas some imported candles burn for 2 hours.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Dsage1: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
@kwnoledge,pls explaine how to manage 200k to start candle productn.Rememba u wi nid d follown items,wax,tread,lylon,caton,fire wood to melt wax,pumping machine,pipes,trays,generator, big tank/drum to store water to cool ur machine and at least 2 workers+u etc.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by tonika: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
I am always of the opinion that you must not start something of your own from the scratch.if possibe, why not:

Purchase a franchise i.e buy into an established business. The advantage is that the owners have already done the research and they are already making profit from it. Risk is low and they will continue to give you support as you grow your business.

I will also advice all would be investors to attend seminars and training(both paid and free) as this would open your eyes to opportunities you may not have tot of, and provide opportunity to network with like minded people (a must if u want to succeed).There's nothing like something for nothing.its better you use 20k to attend training than throw 100k down the drain in an attempt to start off on your own.

there are lots of opportunity flying around now with nigeria transitioning into a cashless economy.Instead of allowing your idea to be shaped by what others think about the different companies, why not attend some of this training for yourself (some are free and others are not),

For those in Port Harcourt, there is a VTN (mobile money)training coming up on the 25th of february (@ LA kings-stadium road ph), at the end of the training, you will be certified to be an agent of VTN and can commence operations immediately. for more info send mail to tony.kevwe@gmail.com

Even if you are not in Ph, checkout other opportunities in your area or state, don't sit in front of your computer looking for ideas.there's need for networking in business, such seminars and training are a very good opportunity for you to network, and remember that u must not start your own business from scratch. adios
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by knowledge4(m): 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
I produce my own candles in my home though for personal use.
The candle machine am talking about is a small one which contains an in-built water tank for cooling the wax.
So,you do not need big drums and pumping machines or generator as you posited.
We are talking about a micro or backyard candle production biz here,not a big factory.
the machine is about N70k locally fabricated.
Wax is available at Ojota Chemical market in various brands and prices. there is imported and local wax.
If you are in the business,you know the right one to buy.
Candle thread is also available in Ojota chemical market.
the nylons are available somewhere in Agege Pen Cinema Market Lagos
You use a coal or kerosene stove to melt the wax in a steel pot
Cartons are available at Agege Market.A bundle of 50 cost N3500.00
Printing about 5000 labels cost about N4000 depending on the number of colors used and the printer
This is a one man operation.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Creativity has come to play in the wake of massive unemployment in Nigeria.
You do not need N300k to N500k to set up a candle business as was done in the past.
With N100k, you are in candle business. it is selling big time. Some churches are even producing theirs.
the big companies like PZ produce soap. Many Nigerians are also producing soap in their homes and are competing with giants like PZ.Everyone is selling both PZ and the individual backyard producers.We have to start from scratch with what we have,not waiting for huge capital.In countries like Taiwan,every home is a factory producing something.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Dsage1: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
@knowledge,i undastnd d kind of prodution u're talking abt, its perhap for personal use/for only one buyer.I doubt d inbuld water cooler machine u said could produced 768 stick/3 carton daily.Although,ur idea is not bad but i tink d op is looking for a business dat wud gav him 30/40k as profit for start.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by knowledge4(m): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
Do not doubt the functionality of this machine. I am not the fabricator's spokesman anyway.
A carton of candle is 65 packets i.e. 520 sticks which can be produced in 6 hours from the machine.
Though i do it for personal consumption,many people are doing it for commercial purposes and have their own market.
The point has been made that a candle production biz can be set up in the present day with N100k.
The OP did not say that he wants a business that can yield a profit of N30k-N40k from an investment of N200k. I am wary of get-rich-quick schemes.
We are discussing the biz ideas that can be set up with N200k and candle production is one of them.
N200k is small capital anyway but also significant.Its not the quantity of money but the idea.
Try Waste Collection and Disposal Business then. It can yield far above your target profit on monthly basis.
Many look down on it but this business is a goldmine and business is about organizing and mobilizing men,materials and money.
You dont have to carry the waste by yourself.
The future of Nigeria belongs to producers who can create value.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Samdurance(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
Knowledge you are g☺☺d .

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Samdurance(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
Knowledge can you just throw more light on the waste business?
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by knowledge4(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
@samdurance
Check the thread at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-841366.99999.html#bot for the details
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by notindome(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2012
@KNOWLEDGE, about the cafe biz, what internet connectivity is suitable for the biz.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
This spambot nowadays is so merciless. Even when you want to post a beneficial matter, you get banned.

So please go to http://smallbusiness.com.ng/nethelpers.html/ and see if any idea there will tickle your mind.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by knowledge4(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2012
Set up a livestock feed production business and produce chicken feed yourself
You need to know the correct nutritional proportions for the different stages of development of the chickens
To access the compound feed report, check www.johnayodele.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by cwts: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2012
are you interested in investing into corporate transport.contact me on qwertycomltd@yahoo.com or call 08182158579 or 07085659683 for more infoRmation.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by JECU: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
@knowledge4 pls where can I get d comp dat print on nylon soap wrapper like B29 bar soap.if u knw d place dat I can do d nylon printing pls let me knw,its urgent plsss.thanks
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by niceosas: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2013
Hi ply wat kind of business are u talking about

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by MarieP(f): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote][/quote]
I'm Marie Pantua from the Philippines and a full time business woman. I'm presently connected with a lucrative company who had tied up with the number one herbal/food supplement manufacturer in USA. We have penetrated and have approved products in Singapore, Hongkong, Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan, Brunei, Hawaii, Dubai and will be in other parts of Middle East and Europe soon. Now we have penetrated the African continent starting with Lagos and I am looking for business pioneers in Nigeria who will lead and take over the African continent. We have a very lucrative compensation plans where distributors can get a chance to earn N93,000 per day, N650,000 per week, or N2,790,000 per month. We have opened our Business Office Center in Lagos, three months ago.. and now it's the fastest growing business in
Nigeria.
For those interested, please email me for more details at mariepantua18@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by showby: 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
I want to open a new internet forum for Nigerian audience. Please click here to help me suggest a name.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by dav8id(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2013
You can start importation/supplying of android tablet.. You can supply at lease 20 pcs a month guaranted.that is if you know the way. Gain 10k as profit per android.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by zogo(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
Are you intrested in Heliculture (Scientific Snail Farming)? fact remains that the demand for Snail meat outweighs the supply, hence only very few in the business take all the money in the business. Because of its nutritional & medicinal value, Snails are in high demand all over Nigeria and abroad in UK, US, Asia and other African countries, hence it can be exported. Heliculture is very simple if u follow our instructions and experience we put in our ebook. Grab it here: www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by kymblaq(m): 5:43am On Feb 07, 2013
The thing is this, i am tired of people coming to say i have so and so i dont know what to do, it is mostly fake. I hope the OP is for real in which case i have an excellent investment for him, one in which he never looses control of his monies.

Charcoal Production and sale.

Not like buying and selling, the margins on that is really low. I am talking about being involved in the entire production process.
This involves
1. Getting a workforce from Togo, of which i have 7 of them here, they have been here barely 3 weeks. I have 23 more men and 2 women from Togo on a waiting list. The women help in cooking and fetching water for the men, so as to save time and increase efficiency.

2. Get a work site for cutting trees. I have a work site already, in Loma, Ilorin. I currently at Share in Ilorin right now.

3. Cut trees for them.

4. Feed them.

The process of production takes 3-6 weeks. For every person we have we are looking at 200 bags.
Each bag brings in a net profit of N700.

The thing is your N200,000 is not enough to do all i listed above, however if you are willing to contribute to the whole process i guarantee ( yeah cheap words right?) That you would get upwards of 100% returns on a 6 weekly basis (did i just hear someone scream SCAM!).

I know this deals such as this invoke paranoia. Like i had told some poster who was looking to invest some monies, come and see for yourself before you invest, be involved in the bringing in of my workers, be a part time or full time supervisor on the site, heck whatever makes you feel comfortable with your investment.
With N500,000 we can bring in all the people i need and make more than 4,000 bags per cycle. And i am pretty sure this is a way better investment than yam. My number is 08081887295. Call me out if you need to know more.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by kymblaq(m): 5:48am On Feb 07, 2013
kymblaq: The thing is this, i am tired of people coming to say i have so and so i dont know what to do, it is mostly fake. I hope the OP is for real in which case i have an excellent investment for him, one in which he never looses control of his monies.

Charcoal Production and sale.

Not like buying and selling, the margins on that is really low. I am talking about being involved in the entire production process.
This involves
1. Getting a workforce from Togo, of which i have 7 of them here, they have been here barely 3 weeks. I have 23 more men and 2 women from Togo on a waiting list. The women help in cooking and fetching water for the men, so as to save time and increase efficiency.

2. Get a work site for cutting trees. I have a work site already, in Loma, Ilorin. I currently at Share in Ilorin right now.

3. Cut trees for them.

4. Feed them.

The process of production takes 3-6 weeks. For every person we have we are looking at 200 bags.
Each bag brings in a net profit of N700.

The thing is your N200,000 is not enough to do all i listed above, however if you are willing to contribute to the whole process i guarantee ( yeah cheap words right?) That you would get upwards of 100% returns on a 6 weekly basis (did i just hear someone scream SCAM!).

I know this deals such as this invoke paranoia. Like i had told some poster who was looking to invest some monies, come and see for yourself before you invest, be involved in the bringing in of my workers, be a part time or full time supervisor on the site, heck whatever makes you feel comfortable with your investment.
With N500,000 we can bring in all the people i need and make more than 4,000 bags per cycle. And i am pretty sure this is a way better investment than yam. My number is 08081887295. Call me out if you need to know more.

Okay, the better than yam part, wasn't meant for you. I typed this for another fellow looking to invest N200,000 and was interested in yam.
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by peachtree1: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
In Nigeria? Yes, Candle production is a great business to invest in. It doesn't require you to break a bank (its low capital intensive) as its materials are in-expensive. The materials needed for Candle Production are
PARAFFIN WAX(N1600 per slab)
PARAFFIN OIL (N250 per liter) one liter can last you for months.
STEARIC ACID (N260 per kilo)
WICK i.e thread (N100 per bundle) One bundle can be used for almost 3 slabs.
Believe me these are the major materials the rest can be found in your kitchen lol.

Apart from its materials being inexpensive, candles are widely used in Nigeria for Lighting and prayers. I don't see this product fading off the market for as long as people Pray and the countries power supply remains epileptic.
I am talking to you as one who has experience in this business and still running the business.

Why Am I Not Guiding This Business So The Sector Doesn't Get So Crowded:
Just In Thyme Venture was born out of Passion to help Nigerians become their own boss. Instead of waiting on the government for a job that never comes, you can create a job for yourself and become an employer. Candles are highly consumed in Nigeria with millions of candles burnt everyday the market is still very open as we hardly have candle producers in Nigeria. You will agree with me that 96% of candles used here in Nigeria are Imported.

So smart and young entrepreneurs here is your chance to get your share of the cake.
Contact Just In Thyme Ventures for your trainings and Candle making machine (Molds).
www.jitventures.com
Info@jitventures.com
Re: What Type Of Business Can Be Started With N200,000 by DRealGeesam(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
MarieP:
I'm Marie Pantua from the Philippines and a full time business woman. I'm presently connected with a lucrative company who had tied up with the number one herbal/food supplement manufacturer in USA. We have penetrated and have approved products in Singapore, Hongkong, Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan, Brunei, Hawaii, Dubai and will be in other parts of Middle East and Europe soon. Now we have penetrated the African continent starting with Lagos and I am looking for business pioneers in Nigeria who will lead and take over the African continent. We have a very lucrative compensation plans where distributors can get a chance to earn N93,000 per day, N650,000 per week, or N2,790,000 per month. We have opened our Business Office Center in Lagos, three months ago.. and now it's the fastest growing business in
Nigeria.
For those interested, please email me for more details at mariepantua18@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
Lol!!!
Kai!
Hmmmmm
Level marketing things abi. Nutritional supplements.
No doubt you people are making money, i know that, but you and i know the truth about the things you sell wink
People who can read between the lines know what i am talking about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nestoil To Complete OB3 Gas Pipeline To East By March 2019 / Children Cloths Biz A K A Babies / GROUP IMPORTATION FOR POWER BANKS FOR RETAILERS AND USERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.