Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. (3949 Views)

Best Hacking Operating Systems /os / Best Hacking Operating Systems / Running Two Operating Systems On One PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by Taiwohmo: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Good day to everyone.
I partitioned my computer into three sections. I have Window 7 on one partition. I wish to install Window XP on another partition because I discovered that some applications are not running well on my Window 7.
Is this possible? And is it adviseable?
How do I go about it? I Already have the Window XP Installation software.
What advice can you give?
Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by afrobaby(f): 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
yes, u can install both on ur computer, just start the installation CD for windows xp, and when asked where to install, select the partition that is free, not the one that has window 7. Becos window 7 is a more recent version, your system will automatically wants to start booting from window 7 after u complete the installation, u will need to change ur booting menu to enable u select window XP whenevr u wish to use it. Is it advisable, dont know really, I use vista but my husband use windows 7 on d same computer and dia has never been any issue(s)
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by Taiwohmo: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
@afrobaby, okay. Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by koseepaaro(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
@poster, yes you can. But I would advise you to give this your system to any technician that is closer to you there (the one that you know is capable) because if you try to do it by yourself, I`m afriad, you might mistakenly delete your files on the process of trying to install windows xp on your computer by yourself.
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by lifestyle1(m): 12:10am On Jan 28, 2012
What is the configuration of your Computer ? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by limitbreka: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
its very possible but not advisable if your computer is the old straford grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by ugotuf(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
itis very possible,infact i have 3-in-1 on my lappy,a windows 7 and 2 windows xp versions.you can even have up to ten if you wish.
Re: Is It Possible To Install Two Operating Systems On A Single Computer. by Tamost: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pls how do I install Window XP on my laptop in addition to the existing Window 7 ultimate. I have tried installing through the disk by normal installation process but it was not not booting from the Window XP Disk despite the fact that I have set the boot order. Pls how do I allow my laptop to boot from the cd so that I can install the Window XP O.S. I really need to use XP because Window 7 do not support most of my applications. Thanks so much as you respond.

(1) (Reply)

Changing Of System Language From German To English / Get An Internal And External Hard Drive Memories Of Laptop And Desktop / Whatsapp For PC Download – Whatsapp On PC Or Computer Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.