Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? (16310 Views)

Shocking!!Olamide And Don Jazzy Beef Terminates 8 Year Old Relationship! / How Do you End An Office Romance Between Two Married People? / How To End An Affair? (I'm Married) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
One of My Colleague at work has been in a relationship for more than 8 years with His girlfriend, But the guy was telling me yesterday that he doesn't love the lady anymore,and he has tried everything possible to separate from the lady but the lady wont let go and the two family wont understand too.So i asked the guy whats really wrong with the lady,and how come he suddenly just stopped loving this girl, Because as at last year July,This guy was planning marriage with this same babe,He traveled to Nasarawa to see this babe many times while she was doing National service.So i asked why the sudden lost of love, He said he doesn't have any reasons,and in fact,he doesn't even have another girl (although he sleeps with LovePeddler almost on every weekend)the only he said is that,they hardly talk about anything,they only Be Intimate and more sex, And now he even prefer to go and sleep with a Slut than to sleep with her shocked
How do you date someone for 8 years and you just suddenly  want her to leave you in one day,especially a lady going 30?
This lady is not Ugly,she is not fat,she has been very faithful to the guy(according to him),She stood by Him when he didn't have a job,

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by merge(f): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
It seems like he used her. Women got to be careful when going into relationships. I blame her for staying in that relationship for 8 years. She should have dumped him for not proposing a long long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by obowunmi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
Its obvious, the chick is boring. If you know her, ask her to spicy things up. I wonder if she's being purposely boring or "submissive" ---

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by coogar: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

One of My Colleague at work has been in a relationship for more than 8 years with His girlfriend, But the guy was telling me yesterday that he doesn't love the lady anymore,and he has tried everything possible to separate from the lady but the lady wont let go and the two family wont understand too.So i asked the guy whats really wrong with the lady,and how come he suddenly just stopped loving this girl, Because as at last year July,This guy was planning marriage with this same babe,He traveled to Nasarawa to see this babe many times while she was doing National service.So i asked why the sudden lost of love, He said he doesn't have any reasons,and in fact,he doesn't even have another girl (although he sleeps with LovePeddler almost on every weekend)the only he said is that,they hardly talk about anything,they only Be Intimate and more sex, And now he even prefer to go and sleep with a Slut than to sleep with her shocked
How do you date someone for 8 years and you just suddenly  want her to leave you in one day,especially a lady going 30?
This lady is not Ugly,she is not fat,she has been very faithful to the guy(according to him),She stood by Him when he didn't have a job,

the relationship has become stale. . . . .after 8 years, it's bound to happen that way.
they should have made it official. . . .well, your colleague should leave her before she damages the chic any further.
shyte happens. they won't be the first couple to be separated after 8 years.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
obowunmi:

Its obvious, the chick is boring. If you know her, ask her to spicy things up. I wonder if she's being purposely boring or "submissive" ---
I met her once, and she didnt look boring .she was lively and full of life, and she looked nice that very day, But i am of the Opinion that the problem is with my friend, what if he had married her four years ago?would he be talking of leaving her now?

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by coogar: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

I met her once, and she didnt look boring .she was lively and full of life, and she looked nice that very day, But i am of the Opinion that the problem is with my friend, what if he had married her four years ago?would he be talking of leaving her now?

yea. . . he wouldn't be talking of leaving her.
this is the reason some people preach against long-arse courtships.
after 2-4 yrs, something official should take place. . . .

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

yea. . . he wouldn't be talking of leaving her.
this is the reason some people preach against long-arse courtships.
after 2-4 yrs, something official should take place. . . .
well,my brother dated his wife for 12 years and are happily married today grin
if long courtship get boring,maybe marriage will be worse, lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by merge(f): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
obowunmi:

Why blame the woman entirely? She is dumb for staying in that relationship for that long without him making it official. I would never give a man 8 years to propose. More than 2 years is crazy.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by AROWAASI: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
VERY DANGEROUS BCS OF THE PERSONAL ATTACHMENT AND EMOTION.
ALLAH KNOWS BEST.
WE SHOULD BE GUIDED BY BIBLE AND QURAN THAT CAUTION AGAINST FUN B4 MARRIAGE

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Acidosis(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

if long courtship get boring,maybe marriage will be worse, lipsrsealed

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by bekay911(f): 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
Men can be cruel atimes. D love is gone n nothing can b done abt it

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by coogar: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

if long courtship get boring,maybe marriage will be worse,  lipsrsealed

yes, there would be few exception - but generally, the longer it gets, the more likely the boat would hit the rocks.
if long courtship gets boring, marriage would be worse? long courtship seemed boring because your colleague knows it's easy to get out of it.

with marriage, he accepts his fate and strives hard to make it work. it must work!
if nigerians can all walk away from nigeria, they would but have they?
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by slimyem: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
8 yrs?
Whoever stays in that long in a relationship?
*does sign of the cross*
things have definitely gotten boring.
Should he leave her now,her life would come to an end
ironically.
Should he go ahead and marry her?
Its going to be a a deceitful and depressing marriage.
Seriously,i dunno!

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
Too bad
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

yes, there would be few exception - but generally, the longer it gets, the more likely the boat would hit the rocks.
if long courtship gets boring, marriage would be worse? long courtship seemed boring because your colleague knows it's easy to get out of it.

with marriage, he accepts his fate and strives hard to make it work. it must work!
if nigerians can all walk away from nigeria, they would but have they?
What do you mean by 'it must work"? He accepts his fate and fake the rest of the marriage?
I still strongly Believe that the decision to get tired is primarily an individual choice, If you really want something to work,You make it work.either marriage or relationship,
My ex girlfriend once complained that i was acting like i was tired of Her,And immediately she said that,I started doing things that i used to do when i first met her,and it worked even though she eventually broke my heart sad

2 Likes

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by coogar: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

What do you mean by 'it must work"? He accepts his fate and fake the rest of the marriage?

it must work because divorce is not an option.
men tend to drift when they are presented with options. in courtship, there's an option to walk away.
in marriage, it's not that simple.

I still strongly Believe that the decision to get tired is primarily an individual choice, If you really want something to work,You make it work.either marriage or relationship,

which relationship is easier to walk away from. courtship or marriage?
with kids in the equation(marriage), how do you intend to walk away from that?

My ex girlfriend once complained that i was acting like i was tired of Her,And immediately she said that,I started doing things that i used to do when i first met her,and it worked even though she eventually broke my heart sad

if it worked she wouldn't have broken your heart.
it did not work!
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by freecocoa(f): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
This is practically why I'm against long term relationships especially for ladies who age is no longer friends with,the dude has sucked everything from her now he's tired of her and wants to dump her,well it won't be easy considering the time wasted and all she must have invested into the relationship.

He should tell her now instead of wasting her time further,he'll be lucky if the girl let's go just like that.

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
too Bad i pity the girl
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

it must work because divorce is not an option.
men tend to drift when they are presented with options. in courtship, there's an option to walk away.
in marriage, it's not that simple.

which relationship is easier to walk away from. courtship or marriage?
with kids in the equation(marriage), how do you intend to walk away from that?

Maybe Only In Nigeria,Kids or no Kids,people now walk away,
But really i don't see how the number of years of relationship affects true and Genuine Love,Marriage is even a Life time,
Divorce is now an Option and i am sure you know the divorce rate both in Nigeria and every other part of the world

if it worked she wouldn't have broken your heart.
it did not work!
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by igomen: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
8yrs is too long a time to be in a relationship.
It has become stale and too bad the lady didn't get it.
The best way to end such relationship is to stop wasting
more time and let both of them tell each other the truth, separate
and move.

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by igomen: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
8yrs is too long a time to be in a relationship.
It has become stale and too bad the lady didn't get it.
The best way to end such relationship is to stop wasting
more time and let both of them tell each other the truth, separate
and move on,
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Ironi: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
Dude got what he wanted for 8years, even some marriages don't last that long.

I bet this is a young guy who has been nyasing this girl free for 8years, he's had enough and tired of her, it's no more fun.

He wants to go on and nyas new ones.

Why would a young lady stay in a relationship that long?
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by kokoye(m): 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
stay in the relationship for another 8 years

8-8=0
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by coogar: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
goodsegs:

Maybe Only In Nigeria,Kids or no Kids,people now walk away,
But really i don't see how the number of years of relationship affects true and Genuine Love,Marriage is even a Life time,
Divorce is now an Option and i am sure you know the divorce rate both in Nigeria and every other part of the world

but your friend is nigerian, same as your brother. . . .my point still stands!
even in the other parts of the world, do you really think just any man can afford a divorce? really?

because you see celebs and co opting for divorce, you think it's that simple?
if only you knew. . . . .if only. . .
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ironi:

Dude got what he wanted for 8years, even some marriages don't last that long.

I bet this is a young guy who has been nyasing this girl free for 8years, he's had enough and tired of her, it's no more fun.

He wants to go on and nyas new ones.

Why would a young lady stay in a relationship that long?
why cant a young lady wait for A man to be ready (Financially)?Seriously,i don't see anything wrong in dating for 8 years, as long as both are not ready for the marriage,and i don't think he stooped loving her because he has overslept with her, Wont people sleep with their wives for the rest of time?
He complained that they hardly talk about anything,and all they just do is to have S.Ex ,
And i advised him to work on communication with her and probably stop having s.ex with her for now in order to revive the relationship

1 Like

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by 76Naira(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Poster,

Please stay out.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by itoldu: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
mo sorry fun gbogbo yin lokankan. ow can that be all you do with a chick for 8years. even those sluts won't allow u sign in into their website after a year. The guy is just kidding. Here is the thing: advise him to initiate some fun other than sex in all their encounters and bring out some other sweet things in her. if he claims he is tired of sex, HE IS A BIG FAT BIITTCCHH. (GET IT). OVER AND OUT.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Okontami: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2012
@obowunmi, Bros you are here again?? Na for tostos matter we dey see u
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Tosinville(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
8yrs? dat guy na time waster.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by obi123: 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2012
Truth is people fall out of love with each other , its perfectly normal , it could just be that over the yrs some of his interests no longer include her, which is rather unfortunate, as a woman you should know if your man is still into you , there would be vibes that will be missing , i mean you can actually tell and you should know when to have that chat or call it quits really, but some of people live in denial for so long and rather remain in unhealthy relationships than be single .
i guess all of that makes us human
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by pj1(f): 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
d relationship has actually dragged for too long without any form of comitment, i tink ur friend shld nt just terminate d friendship just like dt buh dey could go for a break so dt they can both be sure if dey want to tak it further. I tink the guy still luvs his babe buh he is just bored.
One other tin he can do is to focus on the tins dt attracted him to d babe in d first place  and d tins he was doin befor dt made her luvs him so much and try to do dose tins to revive d relationships, as d saying goes ' d devil u no is bera dan d angel u av never met''
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by dasparrow: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
8 years of fornicating and didly dadling and now he is bored. Of course! I blame all those women who have no self respect. They keep giving a man their body for free. Any man who trully loves you will not want to desecrate your body until he has made you his legal wife. se/x has nothing to do with love. Any man that claims you do not love him because you refused to open your legs is a fraud. As a woman, you owe no other man your body other than your legally married husband. The sooner women learn this, the lesser their chances of suffering a major heart break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Are To Marry A Nairalander, Who Would It Be? / Girls Who Looks Real But Are Sex Dolls( Photos) / Story Of A Slave, Her Man And Mistress Enjoy....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.