Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala (10256 Views)

What Is Ashura And What Led To The Tragedy Of Karbala? / The Land Of Karbala In The Words Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
Some Members (of the Islamic Movement In Nigeria) Visit Karbala

http://islamicmovement.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=232:some-members-visit-karbala&catid=41:frontpage

The Nigerian students together with some Students from other countries have already arrived in Iraq on Thursday the 5th of January 2012. Since their arrival in Iraq the students paid visit to the shrine of Imam Ali(AS) together with that of Prophet Adam(AS), Nuhu(AS), Hudu(AS), Salih(AS) in Najaf and other companions and righteous servants.

The students are to trek to Karbala from Najaf to attend forty-day commemoration of Imam Husain(AS).

Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by mukina2: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
. .where are you in the pic? grin
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by tpia5: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
are these students based abroad, because things like this tend to cause more conflict in nigeria.

many of them dont look nigerian though.

the bald guy definitely looks congolese and the others could be from anywhere, really.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
mukina2:

inshaAllah,after i go on pilgrimage to Makkah,i intend to visit Imam Ali (as) in Najaf,Imam Hussain (as) in Karbala,the 10th and the 11th Imams (as) in Samarrah,Imam Musa al-Kazem (as) in Kazimiyyah,Imam Reda (as) in Mashad,Sayyida Zainab (as) in Damascus and all the holy members of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),prophets of Allah and the pious companions in those countries.i also pray that by then Jerusalem will be free from the zionist filth and we can pray in Masjid al-Aqsa.

1 Like

Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2012
tpia@:

are these students based abroad, because things like this tend to cause more conflict in nigeria.
why does muslims going to study outside cause more conflict?

the bald guy definitely looks congolese and the others could be from anywhere, really.
ok.that is your speculation.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by tpia5: 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

why does muslims going to study outside cause more conflict?

i was referring to the topic itself, not the fact that students are studying abroad.

LagosShia:

ok.that is your speculation.

no offence if that's you or a friend of yours.

its just the easiest description outside of saying the guy with the yellow jacket.

and he does look congolese imo.

the others also could be from anywhere.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
tpia@:

i was referring to the topic itself, not the fact that students are studying abroad.
please elaborate.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Judek2(m): 12:39am On Jan 28, 2012
mukina2:

@Lagoshia is the huge man in the first pic. grin grin cheesy
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 12:48am On Jan 28, 2012
Judek2:

@Lagoshia is the huge man in the first pic. grin grin cheesy

looks like ive been scaring you on nairaland for u to think im that huge grin grin grin
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by paleo(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2012
tpia@:

gbam,
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by ayzree: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2012
BOKO HARAM RECEIVING TRAINING ABROAD, DONT BE DECEIVED, WHY DONT THEY GO TO MECCA. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. YOU KNOW HOW MANY PPLE YOU ALREADY KILLED IN NIGERIA

ISLAM IS PEACE
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by MrGlobe(m): 10:13am On Jan 28, 2012
I never knew iraq to be associated with 'holy'. When I hear iraq, I hear bombs. Could this be a bomb training? This guys should be properly searched on return.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by deadie(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2012
Foolish people wasting money on pilgrimage, instead of feeding and educating your starving and illiterate brothers.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by begwong: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2012
Na so e dey take start.Is Iraq holier than Mecca now?Pilgrimage indeed.NIGER republic foreign minister recently confirmed boko haram were trained by al-qaeda in somali.
LagosShia,u always like to pour out vituperations in most of your threads/comments-that is unislamic ustaz.Try to to the needful.''Zionist filth'' shall remain in Jerusalem till thy kingdom come!
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 28, 2012
I wish military will take over someday and declare religion inlcuding Christianity and Islam to be silly and degrading to Nigerian, and black folks in General.

I cannot see the reason why some group of black ppl will be wasting tax payers' money on what its called Pilgrimage just to bow to some foreign gods that was forced unto them using guns and arrows.

This religious ignorance has killed more blacks than white-Arabs that those religion belong too.

Religion: The second things this white bloody-folks used to tie down the ignorant ones.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Apex051(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2012
we as Nigerians we nee d to learn how to tolerate each other by watching what is coming out of our mouth because religion issues is a very sensitive one, despite the fact that some group of people are behaving cowardly doesnt mean that all muslims and islam as a religion is evil, let stop condemning one another then we can have peace. May God help us (Ameen)
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by 27naira(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2012
^^ you're a sensible folk
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by seedord247(m): 11:04am On Jan 28, 2012
27naira:

^^ you're a sensible folk

If he's sensible then you are senseless! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by igboboy1(m): 11:07am On Jan 28, 2012
abeg they all look Yoruba muslims, very soon they will comeback and start putting into action what they have learnt over there smh,

as for someone saying he cant wait to pray in Jersualem, you can pray there son you just cant have it all to yourself, ah ah u islamist should learn hw to share,
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:11am On Jan 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I never knew iraq to be associated with 'holy'. When I hear iraq, I hear bombs. Could this be a bomb training? This guys should be properly searched on return.
Iraq has many holy sites for Muslims (particularly of relevance and reverence to the Shia).
yearly,millions visit those places.

begwong:

Na so e dey take start.Is Iraq holier than Mecca now?Pilgrimage indeed.NIGER republic foreign minister recently confirmed boko haram were trained by al-qaeda in somali.
LagosShia,u always like to pour out vituperations in most of your threads/comments-that is unislamic ustaz.Try to to the needful.''Zionist filth'' shall remain in Jerusalem till thy kingdom come!
Iraq holier than Makkah? the ignorance of some people will never fail to amaze.is there some sort of competition here ? we Muslims (shia and sunnis) go for hajj (pilgrimage) to Makkah and Madinah.then the trips to holy places in Iraq,Iran,Syria and other places are called "ziyara" (visitation literally).so there is no room for comparing here.this has to do with religious devotion.

ayzree:

BOKO HARAM RECEIVING TRAINING ABROAD, DONT BE DECEIVED, WHY DONT THEY GO TO MECCA. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. YOU KNOW HOW MANY PPLE YOU ALREADY KILLED IN NIGERIA

ISLAM IS PEACE

hey fool!

please next keep quiet instead of making stu.pid and ignorant statements.boko haram is called "jama'atu ahlus-sunnah lidawati wal jihad" which means "the sunni group for propagation and jihad".in their name they call themselves "ahlus-sunnah" or "sunni".not only that,boko haram also got a wahhabi orientation and could be seen as a salafist movement similar to alqaeda.and these people do not meet eye to eye with the Shia.how does boko haram got to do with Shia Muslims visiting holy places in Iraq?

the hate and "bad-belleh" and ignorance with arrogance of some people is beyong the imagination.and they still think they are making sense.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 28, 2012
You fools should find something important to do. Stop waisting Nigeria money n those silly pilgrimages, that's my own verdict.

Negro fighting over religion that does not give a damn about them; Just using them to count numbers.

How many black cleric are in Mecca or Medina

How blacks have a say in Vatican.

Ignorant is a diseases, so stop killing yourselves over some bullshit  embarassed
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by seedord247(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2012
@Lagosshia . .

Pls don;t mind those fools with limited IQ . .
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by otiigba1(m): 11:15am On Jan 28, 2012
freecocoa:

Na you biko nwannem*winks*

Nzuzu ha di too much eziokwu,I wish na enwere otu agasi chupu ha na obodo a. grin
odikwa egwu, gwanu ndi igbo bi na obodo ugwu (north) ka ha nataba na ana igbo (east) lets start with that first
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:16am On Jan 28, 2012
moreover there are many thousands of Nigerian Muslim students studying all over the Islam world from Al-Azhar in Egypt to Madina in Saudi Arabia to the Holy City of Qom in Iran to Mashad to the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala in Iraq and in Turkey,Lebanon,Syria,and more.

how really does studying abroad make one "hated" by fanatical christians in Nigeria,only God knows.they probably are angry at the sight of Muslims seeking knowledge and coming out of the "almajiri" status.this is shameful when people make irresponsible and outragious statements when Nigerians are multi-religious and multi-ethnic.there should be some consideration for others.also Nigeria can have millions of pastors and fake prophets "spreading the gospel" and embezzling the money of the blind followers,but that will never be enough to make Nigeria a christian country.far from it.everyone should be respect for the personal choices they make and what they decide to believe in.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2012
donedy:

You fools should find something important to do. Stop waisting Nigeria money n those silly pilgrimages, that's my own verdict.
i beg your pardon? "Nigeria money"?which money? i am sure you guys already have the preconceived idea that these students visiting Karbala and Najaf are funded by the government like muslims are funded to make pilgrimage to Makkah and the copy-cat christians make their own to Jerusalem.

that is not the case with the Shia.they spend from their own pocket and also there are some exceptions where they are given scholarship by the "Hawza Ilmiyyah" (or the Shia religious seminaries) to study abroad.

so please you guys should hold it and zip it.

Negro fighting over religion that does not give a damn about them; Just using them to count numbers.

How many black cleric are in Mecca or Medina

How blacks have a say in Vatican.

Ignorant is a diseases, so stop killing yourselves over some bullshit embarassed
there is the oldest community of Shia Muslims in Medinah,Saudi Arabia who are indigenous from the time of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),they are black people.they still maintain their identity as Shia Muslims amidst the wahhabi ocean in saudi arabia.so people stop spamming the thread with anger,jealousy,hate,ignorance,arrogance and "bad-belleh".
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2012
You all should shut the hell up. You Christian and Islamist religious fanatics are the ones crippling the progress of a blackman, then Nigeria. Once they hook you to religion, you've sold your conscience.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by blacklion(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

moreover there are many thousands of Nigerian Muslim students studying [in] the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala in Iraq.

everyone should be respect for the personal choices they make and what they decide to believe in.

So can you please tell us what exactly you guys are learning at a madrassa in Iraq of all places?

This is how that stupid boy went to Yemen to study and ended up a suicide bomber.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:25am On Jan 28, 2012
seedord247:

@Lagosshia . .

Pls don;t mind those fools with limited IQ . .

thank you jareh!
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

thank you jareh!

One thing is that you are a brainwashed fool. Ignorant is a diseases that's a fact. So, look at yourself and revisit you history that might help a lil bit. I don't expect a scumbag like you to be enlightened through an online forum. If it's possible, Boko Haram would have turned a new leaf.

Arab wannabe. When has black people become Arab or shia Arab. fool
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2012
blacklion:

So can you please tell us what exactly you guys are learning at a madrassa in Iraq of all places?

This is how that silly boy went to Yemen to study and ended up a suicide bomber.

it is not the same situation like what that silly boy went to do in Yemen.that silly boy went to an alqaeda recruitment center.

in Shia Islam,there are prestigious and well-recognized learning establishments known as the "Hawza Ilmiyyah" or "the Shia religious seminary".you can even find a hawza ilmiyyah in London and Canada.

also,these hawza Ilmiyyah are led by the highest authorities of Shia Islam who are referred to as the "marja-iyyah".these men are respectable men of knowledge and reverence of the highest order.they are not the "terrorist" bin laden kind of people.

in these hawza ilmiyyah "Shia" or "Jafariyyah Fiqh" or jurisprudence according to the Jafariyyah school of thought is taught to students from around the world.the hawza in Najaf and the one in Qom are the two most respected of them all in the Shia Islamic world.these two are the main centers of learning.the places are also holy to Muslims particularly the Shia Muslim.in Najaf,you can visit the tomb of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as).In Karbala you have the tomb of Ima Hussain (as),the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (sa).so you find these places are of high religious significance and honor to the Shia faithfuls.these places have also being targeted by the bombs of the terrorists.shia pilgrims are target of alqaeda and other wahhabi groups who fuel sectarian hate among Muslims.many Shia have fallen victims.

in these hawzas,they are the only places in the world be it in London or Qom,where you can learn Islam according to the Shia school of thought.in sunnism,there are four schools of thought:the malikiyyah,hanbaliyyah,shafiyyah,and hanafiyyah.in Shia Islam,there the "Jafariyyah" school of thought.the word "Jafariyyah" is used in reverence to the 6th holy Imam from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),Imam Jafar Ibn Muhammad as-Sadeq (as),who expounded the sciences in fiqh (jurisprudence) and the islamic fields of hadith,Quran,philosophy, among others.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by juman(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2012
Good, I love it. Hope one day I will visit the places.

When I was young my ambition was to study in Qum and become Grand Ayotollah, but in Nigeria people's hope always go with the wind. That's life.
Re: Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala by LagosShia: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2012
donedy:

One thing is that you are a brainwashed fool. Ignorant is a diseases that's a fact. So, look at yourself and revisit you history that might help a lil bit. I don't expect a scumbag like you to be enlightened through an online forum. If it's possible, Boko Haram would have turned a new leaf.

Arab wannabe. When has black people become Arab or shia Arab. fool

if you are so racist and nationalistic,you can join the "nation of Islam" in america and fight for black supremacist ideologies.

it is however unfortunate that when it comes to the crunch,you develop cold feet.when it is time to face western imperialist schemes to exploit africa,you can do nothing.you are all mouth when it is muslims you are talking to.and we black Muslims have a sense of belonging thanks to Islam,more than you (who is godless and a servant of western culture) and those christians that have being made little above or below slaves using christianity as tool.

i'd just advise you to grow up.there is alot that each and everyone of us do not know about each other.so we shoul show respect.

i am really shocked that this thread is attracting such audeince and hateful speech simply because Muslims are visiting religious places and studying abroad.you obviously want the muslims to always be tagged "almajiris".but inshaAllah the time will change for the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Nasfat Member In The House? / The Prophet's Last Sermon / Prayer For Settling One's Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.