Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... (13391 Views)

Boko Haram Attacking Maiduguri Now-Saharareporters / Emir's Palace In Gombe Burnt By Irate Mob / Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by reagand200(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
KANO, Nigeria Jan 27 (Reuters) - Gunmen suspected of being members of the Islamist sect Boko Haram attacked a police station in Nigeria's Kano state on Friday, police and witnesses said, leading to more than an hour of running gun battles.

Kano state and its capital city of 10 million people have been under siege in the past few weeks by gunmen from the militant sect, which wants to impose sharia law across Nigeria.

"Gunmen attacked Mandwari police station this evening. The gunfire between them and the police was really bad, but nobody knows the casualties just yet," said witness Mohammed Sorondikin. "People were scrambling for safety."

A police source confirmed the incident but said there would be no public statement until all the details were known.

Boko Haram's attacks have become more sophisticated and deadly in recent weeks in Africa's top oil producer. A series of gun and bomb attacks, mostly on police stations, killed 186 people in Kano, Nigeria's second city, last Friday.

Most of the victims were civilians shot dead by the sect, witnesses and police said.

In an audio tape posted on the Internet on Thursday, the purported leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, threatened to kill more security personnel and kidnap their families, and accused U.S. President Barack Obama of waging war on Islam.

He denied that the group had been responsible for most of the civilian casualties in last Friday's attack on Kano, the group's deadliest so far.

Boko Haram, a movement loosely modelled on the Afghan Taliban whose name translates as "Western education is sinful", has been behind almost daily killings in its home base in the largely Muslim northeast. Its violence has spread west into other parts of the north and the capital Abuja since last year. (Reporting by Mike Oboh; Writing by Tim Cocks; editing by David Stamp)

Source: http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E8CR42D20120127
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by auwal87(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
reagand200:

i just got this information from a reliable source

Mandawari police station near Emir's palace in Kano is under attack now.  People running everywhere ,  , can somebody please confirm?

Yes, police were dispersing people because of the curfew.

So insane as yesterday soldiers were beating anybody they see in the city after 7pm. Plus, they are taking any property they saw, including generators, yes confirmed. Another person and his wife was killed yesterday, a friend's neighbour, they claimed he is Boko Haram and shot him and his wife to death! Also confirmed!
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Kilode1: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
I hope these Army and SS people know what they are doing,

Although I'm eager to see the end of these sick boko killers, extra judicial killing of innocent non-combatants will just give boko more idiots to use as human dynamites.

I hope they know what they are doing.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by PointB: 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
Kilode?!:

I hope these Army and SS people know what they are doing,

Although I'm eager to see the end of these sick boko killers, extra judicial killing of innocent non-combatants will just give boko more idiots to use as human dynamites.

I hope they know what they are doing.

It's unfortunate what the north has become simply because people are unwilling to rat on the Boko bastards. I don't believe they don't know them, it is no news that boko haram have grass-root supporters. They are safer giving away the boko haram adherents in the midst, along side other Islamic fundamentalists!
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Osama10(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
Things are definitely going from bad to worse, more of the people being killed by the security agencies would be the wrong ones.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by muyoto: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
Were they not aware of the curfew?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
why are they breaking the rules? angry
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by nduchucks: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
Fact 1:

A few days ago there were massive protests in Kano because of the removal of fuel subsidy.

Fact 2:

These protests were stopped cold by purported "BH attacks"

Fact 3:

The masses, majority of who were participants in the said protests are now being killed willy nilly by the same government who is supposed to be protecting them.

SMH
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by PointB: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
muyoto:

Were they not aware of the curfew?

I wonder oo!
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by edoyad(m): 10:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
PointB:

I wonder oo!

There's nothing to wonder about. There's a curfew and they simply decided to flout the order.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by ASOROCKb(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2012
See what they turned Kano into. Lol! God help yours oh
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Ninapha(f): 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
Chineke onye ebere!  I wish non northerner could just relocate even others who wish to too. Let north be desolate and boko will rest.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by laCapri: 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Fact 1:

A few days ago there were massive protests in Kano because of the removal of fuel subsidy.

Fact 2:

These protests were stopped cold by purported "BH attacks"

Fact 3:

The masses, majority of who were participants in the said protests are now being killed willy nilly by the same government who is supposed to be protecting them.

SMH

What are u trying to imply?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by alex406(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ninapha:

Chineke onye ebere!  I wish non northerner could just relocate even others who wish to too. Let north be desolate and boko will rest.

And u think d will rest if that happens?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Marlboro1: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
It's on CNN -

KANO CITY, Nigeria (CNN) -- Police said a group of suspected militants attacked a police station in Nigeria's Kano province on Friday.

Military forces have since cordoned off the area around the provincial capital city of Kano where the attack apparently occurred, according to witnesses. Gunfire and tracer rounds could be heard and seen during the incident, according to CNN personnel in the area.

The attack appears to have ended, and its not clear if there were casualties.

Earlier, gunmen shot and killed at least 16 people and burned their bodies in the northwestern state of Zamfara, according to an official who asked not to be named, citing security concerns.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Yeske2(m): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
What are these guys turning Kano into?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by muyete(m): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
edoyad:

There's nothing to wonder about. There's a curfew and they simply decided to flout the order.
[/qte]

i feel disgusted with the way people  reason at times. Are you justifying the killings of unarmed and perhaps innocent civilians  simply because they flout a curfew. Common! Would your opinionr  about the killings be the same if those killed by security forces are members of your family or your relatives. Please be thorough and logical in your arguement.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by DisGuy: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
PointB:

It's unfortunate what the north has become simply because people are unwilling to rat on the Boko bastards. I don't believe they don't know them, it is no news that boko haram have grass-root supporters. They are safer giving away the boko haram adherents in the midst, along side other Islamic fundamentalists!

Do boko harams where uniforms?
like saying people in the ~Niger Delta know who MEND and kidnappers are right
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Marlboro1: 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
Quote from: edoyad on Today at 10:13:32 PM

[/qte]

i feel disgusted with the way people reason at times. Are you justifying the killings of unarmed and perhaps innocent civilians simply because they flout a curfew. Common! Would your opinionr about the killings be the same if those killed by security forces are members of your family or your relatives. Please be thorough and logical in your arguement.

If my family member becomes so stupid as to impede the fight against Islamic terrorism, they deserve whatever they get.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2012
Dis Guy:

Do boko harams where uniforms?
like saying people in the ~Niger Delta know who MEND and kidnappers are right

Na wa oo!! Shey make people rat them out  . . .
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by antartica(m): 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
The elite seems to have lost it in the north,they are scared.Southerners should be worried about them coming down south,unless something drastic is done immediately and that something drastic is accountablity.

All man must give account.With one voice and fairness,evil will be defeated.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by glowithdan(m): 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
Turning the Country into a battle field is never one of the reasons our founding fathers fought tooth and nail to liberate the Nation from it's colonial oppressors.

I strongly believe the activities of this sect has eluded the understanding of its founders- Northern leaders! It's a case of sleeping with a domestic dog on the same mat, and waking up with a wild lion; what do you expect in such a case?

The North is on fire, but we as a people must not forget that the soiling of a finger affects the rest, It's high time we aborted the issues of religion and tribe, but fashion out  better ways in helping the Government in finding better solution(s) to these problems. It's obvious the government has ran out of strategy and scope in handling this problem which no doubt is threatening our co-existence as a Nation. It is our duty as a people to rally round our leaders at a time like this and speak with one voice!!

Can we OccupyNigeria, and say enough is enough to the activities of this sect, not  just on Fuel Subsidy?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by megaomo(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Kano a city of 9 million people,imagine the economic impact of whatever is happening now,its tragic. GEJ is always looking up to the US government,the same government has made their position known in clear terms that they don't negotiate with terrorist. IN the rules of engagement when  dialogue and negotiation wont work,aggression and violence is the next and only option.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by Toktee(m): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
LET THE ARMY AND THE POLICE CONTINUE THE KILLING OF CIVILIAN IN THE NAME OF BOKO BOYS,WELL THE BOKO BOY ARE EQUAL TO THE TASK,IF THE RELATIVE OF THOSE KILL BY THE ARMY/POLICE LACK POWER SEEK JUSTICE;MY ADVICE 4 THE IS TO LEAVE SECURITY AGENCIES TO BOKO BOKO BOYS.more bombs on police station army barrack!
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by MeGaStReEt: 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
Seun, can you now create a special section for "Boko Haram" at least the deserve that
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by antartica(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
By now all military bases and police posts in nigeria should have been armed to the teeth,ready to engage those animals at anything.

Soon police and military personnels will stop wearing their uniforms i the north,scared of the bokos,like the time anini in benin.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by FXKing2012(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hope they are not attacking Igbo traders again?
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by antartica(m): 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
Terrorists have no regards for any existing authority,be it the sultan.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by osundu(m): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
Gentlemen dont say wat u dont know!mr auwal87 abi wetin be dat ur name,dont mislead pple.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by tigerleggs(m): 11:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
Toktee:

LET THE ARMY AND THE POLICE CONTINUE THE KILLING OF CIVILIAN IN THE NAME OF BOKO BOYS,WELL THE BOKO BOY ARE EQUAL TO THE TASK,IF THE RELATIVE OF THOSE KILL BY THE ARMY/POLICE LACK POWER SEEK JUSTICE;MY ADVICE 4 THE IS TO LEAVE SECURITY AGENCIES TO BOKO BOKO BOYS.more bombs on police station army barrack!  
Boko Haramist. By their post, we shall know them.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by muyete(m): 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2012
Marlboro1:

[/qte]

i feel disgusted with the way people  reason at times. Are you justifying the killings of unarmed and perhaps innocent civilians  simply because they flout a curfew. Common! Would your opinionr  about the killings be the same if those killed by security forces are members of your family or your relatives. Please be thorough and logical in your arguement.

If my family member becomes so silly as to impede the fight against Islamic terrorism, they deserve whatever they get.

Ok so be it.  You  are not in Nigeria but you get fed by series of information you hear, read and see from news media. To start with I recommend that you watch Aljazera independent and unbiazed documentary on thr BH and Nigerian security forces. After that we can then discuss.
Re: Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... by muyete(m): 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2012
Marlboro1:

[/qte]

If my family member becomes so silly as to impede the fight against Islamic terrorism, they deserve whatever they get.

Ok so be it.  You  are not in Nigeria but you get fed by series of information you hear, read and see from news media. To start with I recommend that you watch Aljazera independent and unbiazed documentary on thr BH and Nigerian security forces. After that we can then discuss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria And UK Agree Deal To Tackle Illegal Migration / Umahi Orders Suspension Of Eleme-Onne East-West Road Construction / Ojukwu’s Controversial Will Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.