Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (8936 Views)

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
US Army prepares for Nigeria’s possible break-up

Date Added:2012-01-23 (Read: 329) Times

There are strong indications that the United States of America, USA, may be gearing up for a possible balkanisation of the country following developments in the last few years.
This indication is contained in a publication credited to NEWSRESCUE in America, where accounts of an article written by Director of the African Security Research Project in Washington, DC and Guest Columnist of AllAfrica Global Media, Mr. Daniel Volman and speakers in an AFRICOM conference held at Fort McNair were given.
It would be recalled that in 2005, the US predicted that Nigeria would cease to be a nation state in 2015 in view of threats posed by continued ethno-religious crisis over the years. Similarly, the United States military had, in May 2008, conducted a war games test called Unified Quest 2008, to ascertain how its military might respond to a war in parts of Africa with a mention of Nigeria.
Also, the question of how to handle possible splits between factions within the Nigerian government was tested with a plan by the Americans to send about 20,000 troops to secure and take over the oil-rich South while the North would be turned into an Arab aligned, possibly terrorist enclave.

Recent developments in the polity, namely the post-election violence up country, the activities of militants in the South and the recent activities of the Islamic Boko Haram sect in a spate of terrorism-like bomb attacks may have laid strong credence to the claim.
Indications are that the US will favour a disintegration of the country given Nigeria’s not too distant past romance with countries considered not to be allies of the self-acclaimed world super power.
The Nigerian government had not long ago signed deals with Russia and Iran for major resource, military and power (Nuclear generation) mutual ventures. This alliance did not go down well with the US as these nations are considered perpetual enemies. In addition, Nigeria has been promoting development, not by serving US interest but by cooperation’s with so-called third world Nations like Brazil.
The US has been known to be at the center of important breakups in the past. Countries like Vietnam and Korea had the US play a major skewed role, and when these Nations divided into North and South, the US stationed its troops at the border to defend usually the Southern territory, and the Northern usually became a rejected, isolated rudiment.
It would also be recalled that in the 2010 budget, the US had made provision for the expansion of  the operations of United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), which will provide increased security assistance to repressive regimes in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and key US allies such as Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Rwanda and Uganda.
This is even as in 2009, Nigeria’s late President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, clearly rejected the installation of US AFRICOM military command in Nigeria, probably sensing that the Pentagon had planned to establish a new military command in Africa.http://tumfweko.com/2012/01/23/us-army-prepares-for-nigerias-possible-break-up/

Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sensationalism.

Not gonna happen !
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by ak47mann(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
Boys are warming up cool
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Acidosis(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
very good! The thing is we have more of northern soldiers, so there is need for foreign troops
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by ASOROCKb(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2012
God Bless America
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
I hate to be in Nigeria at this point.
I just pray my grandma lives long to rip the fruit of her grandchildren and to meet her great children.
God be witness to my prayer.
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by mensdept: 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2012
ASOROCK b:

God Bless America

Yes sir, let the US deal with all those Islamic fools and the corrupt Southern politicians with their fake pastors

1 Like

Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by phreakabit(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2012
I didn't bother visiting the source link As I don't consider it credible.

However@

mens dept:

Yes sir, let the US deal with all those Islamic fools and the corrupt Southern politicians with their fake pastors

LOL!!!! Feel free to say what you want. But if this story is true. Then we all know who they are really coming for . . . . . I have a feeling the Sahara desert is about to get bigger. . . . NUKE EM ALL!
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by ak47mann(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I hate to be in Nigeria at this point.
I just pray  my grandma lives long to rip the fruit of her grandchildren and to meet her great children.
God be witness to my prayer.
Eeeee yaah, don't worry your grand ma will be fine our boys knows their enemies,and they will be smoked out we promise you that,these boys got respect for crimes against humanity they are not animals,after all they are they same people that still give you security were you reside,and you feel very safe and sound,don't panic honey things will be OK kiss
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by cap28: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
ak47mann:

Boys are warming up cool

yeah, warming up to gang rap.e us and make off with all of our natural resources.

former US presidential candidate warned us - but many chose to remain deaf to her cries:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGOMY4gNVQ&feature/related[/flash]
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Ufeolorun(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2012
Another secessionist dreaming.first of all,takeover your states before thinking of collapsing the whole nation (not gonna happen).You all are clearly outnumbered. cool
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by thando(f): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by thando(f): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver/Page2.html. Didn't know where to post this but very interesting n scary read . Whut is this world coming to ?
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
Lets stop decieving ourselves for once. Its obvious that we r all reading d last chapter of a book called nigeria. We can all feel it though some r taken solace in self denial of this obvious fact. it will be an act of fol!shness and dumb optimism nt to admit what stares at us all which is DISINTEGRATION at d rate at which tins r going. We dnt nid d americans to tell us what we already know, d only dfrnc is that they r bold enuf to say what we dnt wnt to talk abt publicly. Change is d only tin dat remains constant and the entity called Nigeria can nt be an isolation nor v immunity over change. Its just a mater of time b4 we get 2d last page.
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
It is funny how things change, once upon a time we all opposed American troops on our soil (Africom) but now we can't wait to greet them as heroes. I definitely see a South Korea and North Korea arrangement for Nigeria in the near future. American troops stationed in the pro-western south protecting us from the hostile, regressive and feudal Northern State.

To think the Aboki had it all at one time but greed was their own undoing.  undecided
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by cap28: 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

It is funny how things change, once upon a time we all opposed American troops on our soil (Africom) but now we can't wait to greet them as heroes. I definitely see a South Korea and North Korea arrangement for Nigeria in the near future. American troops stationed in the pro-western south protecting us from the hostile, regressive and feudal Northern State.

To think the Aboki had it all at one time but greed was their own undoing.  undecided 

well you're not going to get a north korea/south korea type arrangement. South Korea was given a lot of economic support by america and europe in order to prevent south korea from falling under communist rule and to keep china out , it is merely being used as a buffer state to stop the spread of communism and to have an ally who can help them spy on north korea and china (their enemies).

they dont need to do that in nigeria because nigeria is already under the control of their ally - Great Britain  - Britain and america work as a partnership so it is very likely that britain has already  endorsed their plan to divide nigeria and "secure" the oil wells in the niger delta - in doing this they will kick china out of nigeria and then settle down and share out all of the oil concessions previously granted to china amongst themselves -  by the way this is what happened in libya.

They will then impose another useless puppet on the southern region who will implement even more devastating IMF reforms which will drive nigerians into even worse poverty.

All attempts by the people of the fragmented southern region to oppose IMF economic reforms will be met with crushing brutality by the puppet southern nigeria military and if the military decides to take sides with the southern nigerian masses against the new puppet southern nigerian govt (which is highly unlikely) - the US troops will step in and slaughter southern nigerians as they will now be an occupying force with a military base in the southern region  - this happened in ivory coast where french troops who were occupying the country slaughtered pro Gbagbo supporters.
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2012
^^ I see ur point but its not me dat needs persuading but the terrorist. Nigeria needs to close all its borders and monitor people entering our country via airport or seaport.

Reform the judiciary and Police; remove religion from politics and confine it strictly to individual bases not group or community as religion should have nothing to do with that.

It is purely an individuals relationship with God, like a man with his wife.
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by daroz(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2012
This is a wellcome ideal. God let this happen fast. I rather live in peace under foriegners like the US than live side by side with blood sucking demons known as the northen islamist extremist all in the name of one Nigeria. One Nigeria my foot!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Gabriel55: 8:46am On Dec 08, 2014
grin wow!....Biafra is my father land 1 <3

(1) (Reply)

Southern Kaduna Killings: Reps Summon Service Chiefs, Police IG... / Operation Hadin Kai: MNJTF Eliminate Six ISWAP Terrorists / Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.