Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? (40930 Views)

I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More / Law School Records 71 Per Cent Success In Bar Final Exams / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by igwe2006(m): 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2006
I have registered for on coming JAMB, please did anyone no the secret to make it in jamb, cause one of my brother did jamb 5 times and he did not got it, and is not that he is not good in the subject he registered for, and he did the jamb in ogun state i think that is why he did not make it, cause most of the people i no that did jamb in ogun state expecialy in abeokuta did not make it at all, and i want to no why and the reason of this, this people i told you about then go to lagos state to do jamb and they got the result very nice, so i want you to tell me why? And tell me the secret of success in JAMB?
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Bisiriyu: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2006
Igwe,

Hard work is the secret you need. It does not matter whether you write it in gusau or zamfara.

Read hard and put God in your reading thru prayers so that you'll write once and pass.

Learn to trust the lord with your faith.

With hardwork, perseverance and determination, you'll surely make it.

There is no shortcut or magic anywhere.

I wish you the best.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by SIBLI06(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2006
@Bisiriyu - Well said.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by igwe2006(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2006
Can you tell me all the topics that i should read and give me any reading time table
the subjet are as follow
1 mathematics
2 chemistry
3 english
4 physics

so you just tell me the topics that i should read for the jamb so that i can make it. And all i need to do may be to go to lesson.

1 Like

Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by charlisco(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2006
Well, hard work matters alot, i mean it will help u in the future.

Again when it comes external exam like WAEC, NECO and 'JAMB' especially you have to shine your eyes well well

@Bisiriyu location matter if you want to write examination in certain state of Nigerian,
In the state i am now, there is one city called warri. we have very good teacher, anything about education the school here have all.
but one thing that supprise me most, ever since i have access to the internet, which give me the previlage to be checking result of candidate who wrote WAEC GCE.
all the result i had checked, the student were blessed with F9, E8, P7 and very very few C5 & C6 if i would used that adjective to qualify it. but for those that have good result, i get to knew that warri is not their center.
if you write jamb in warri, it is either your result is withheld, or with score a low mark

See i am a victim of a candidate who sat twice in WAEC, i never did runs, i really work hard, but at the end of it waec decide to give me P in my maths and english, i have never experience failure in my school life not till that day.

But when i traveled to my village to write that same exam, with low preparation, because i do not have that same zeleous in the first place. behold i came out with enough Bs and Cs (mind you, i do not participate in runs)

do not let them deceive you, place matter alot, in where i stay (delta state) i know the place you write and pass and also where you write and swear to God that this result does it belong to me

Sibli is just lucky that he is not a victim, if not, he would have knew how to talk to you, i mean address you.

i will check this topic later 4 more update
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by igwe2006(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2006
thank you very much i no you understand me very well please which advice can you give me now when i get to the examination hall should i face my work or love-vendor around and am writing my exam at lagos state is that place a good area to write exam and are my going to make it am not doing runs.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by larger20(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2006
Locations matters when u take jamb. Some locations are known to do expo hence always lead to seizing of the canditates result. Shine ur eyes well well and take exams in centers without problems,

as far as study goes, just sit ur ass down and study. Jamb is tricky but if u understand their trick, u r get to go. Most jamb questions can be answered in seconds if u know the short cuts especially maths

Regards study assistant, jamb brochure comes with details of what u need to study or know. So i suggest u study the subjects well, get jamb past questions papaers . Good luck.

I did my jamb one short, got 7As and 2 credit in my WAEC and got 8As and one C in my NECO, I got addmission in Futo but at the same time, I regected my addmision becasue Iscored 1350 in my SAT1 one combined score so i left for US for a greener pasture.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Oracle(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2006
@bisiriyu
u said the right thing but then JAMB is not an exam you just write and expect to just excel
believe itz not easy
not easy at all
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by raldsfield(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2006
Well Jamb, jamb.

I have not seen the question papers in recent years but it an exam that differetiate the boys from the men.

You get all the past question booklets on all the subject you are going to taking. And i will advice that you Test yourself.

This will give you awareness of you level of knowldge and help you know how much preparation you need. So Pick a subject, time yourself and write the exam.

At the end mark you paper and grade yourself.

After the grade, check the subject you are better off at. During my day, my strength was Maths, physics, and chemistry

I will alway score above 60% in maths, about 50% in physics, the same in Chemistry, My English was poor but i didn't mind.

The Idea is to know your strength and concentrate on improving your weakness. At the end you need to be an all rounder to score above 200 in jamb but you have to aim high.

Good luck man. Look for a good lesson in you area, look for serious friends too,
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Typewriter(m): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2006
well my boy
jamb very easy! 280 and above guaranteed

rule 1 study very hard using their syllable as a guide (have not been updated for the last 12years or so but what can u do? use it sha)

rule 2 read and work through past questions at least all the past 7years will do look for the topics that appeared more frequently and practice it more.

rule 3. Pray and eat well everyday cos God is the master key

rule 4 open your Eyes and ears to extra larger size and make sure your neck is long enough to see two street from your seat. Close your mouth well well

rule 5 investigate if your center has their machinery and get enlisted(believe it or not their actions will make or mar your center result so get involved and get your share fairly enough either way your conscience will free you from blame)

6: get hi-tec gargets like bluetooth hand set and get a friend to work from behind and send u info by waves(wireless) it's expensive but it may guaranty success.

rule 7===007 never get noticed or singled out in any event.

all am saying is get use to these rules and jam jamb before jamb jam you. because it effect is totally devastation like a thunderbolt, i know u don't wanna try

now you have being Jamb enpowered if you fail i may never forgive u. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Idekeson(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2006
Early preparation to cover all your materials and enroll in a preparation course if you're not in a good school, to supplement your school work.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by gbadex1(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2006
JAMB sucks balls angry!!!! more like a liability! God is the only stronghold. don't ever put ya trust in that JAMB.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by saints2(f): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2006
I think the main important issuse here is Prayer,then have a Goal and a Determination,then you read Hard and play less,never copy others cos we are not gifted in the same way,i may read for 2hours and understand all i have read,you may read up to 10 hours with getting all you have read what am saying is that Just Discover yourself and remain focused,also the golden rule of Jamb is that never read overnight when your exam remains 2 days ahead of you as this may affect you in the hall,also be yourself,dont do I TOO KNOW in the hall as this annoys the examiner so much that somtimes they sized the results,another thing is location;This is very vital and important,inquire about their earlier results there.if you can do all these Univeristy is your Aim.But dont forget this main Point"Remeber the son of whom you are."
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by kaynet(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2006
it depend on the course are going for!!!
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by celemel(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2006
I you want to pass JAMB, just register in a special center in say, Lagos or Port Harcourt. On exam day, pack your pocket with a lot of cash and get there. You'd always find one 'expo' or another. Thats the trick. The rider is, you may pass JAMB more easily than the post-jamb test. That one is the most critical if you want to be in the university. The questions are always elementary yet, a lot of the high-scoring 'jambites' don't always make the post jamb test. Pray you do well jare,

Goodluck!
lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by tejuoso1(f): 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2006
that exam is not easy. my friends fail like sands but you won't fail if you can study hard especially if you can try ''99- 2003 jamb papers and make sure you do it until you think you understand 90% of them questions, work with syllabus and pray. please don't rely on jamb alone try others with it cos lots of people i know have issues with jamb like, they can't find questions that has my number on it, they gave me agric to chemistry, no enough questions, seized results and rich people buy results by replacing yours with their dumb child's own and they can't do that in gce or waec. but it was easy to cheat there though(don't do it)good luck.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2007
With this kind of English, I doubt if you can make 70 in the Use of English. Improve!
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by OmoEko1(f): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2007
ferdimako:

With this kind of English, I doubt if you can make 70 in the Use of English. Improve!
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that was so mean of u shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2007
Meanwhile how does one get May/June 2007 WAEC TIME TABLE?[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2007
Pretence will kill all of u. How did u feel after reading Igwe's mail. Keep praying as you all bury ur heads in the sand. Asking wrongly in prayers. Fake pastors!
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by nigeria1: 2:47am On Mar 02, 2007
find out what 3R means. look for pastor W F kumiyi book on the 3R, I am not sure if they still make them,  go and read,  Time yourself with old past question.  Aim to score 100% and win JAMB best result,  Really get the book. it would help you. pray pray to God. Dont wate time on any question you do not know. move on quickly to the one you know, any question that become difficult leave it and go to the next one, if you have time to come back to it do , if not do not make up any answer. If you are best in maths, and physics try to get 90% in both and one of my friend i was told got 100 in jamb before, during my days if you get less than 250% my brother no university for you, medicine was about 270 in every university, ele ele was about 265 , I hear na all you need is 200 , it was so common those day to get people with 300. na i do not think anybody score 360 or more, I do not blame you people the system was better and AWO care so much about education, I which he could still be alive, Awo and UPN use to give text book, pen, ruler and exercise book to all children in UPN state. We miss you AWO,

now a joke, mi mi mani mo.

Question 1 c
2 b
3 a
4 b
5 e
6 b
7 a
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Diplenty(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2007
Boy
In my days, JAMB was d true test of ability. The exam is quite different from WAEC/ NECO because they are based on 'normed' grades. This means your grades in those exams depend on general performance. Those exams are also just a test of your rudimentary knowledge of topics

Now to JAMB
1. Make sure you get a syllabus to know what you are required to know in each subject
2. Make sure you understand the difference between similar things eg Cartillage, muscles because they dont just test whether you have an idea but if you know the difference between pretty similar things
3. For calculation based subjects, JAMB options are actually based on misconceptions ie if you dont understand well, your wrong answer will also be available
4. Get as many past questions as possible. When you practice make sure you confirm your answers from reputable textbooks and not 'Hungry authors' with wuruwuru answers
5. Work on your speed and accuracy because its a test of both, thers's no point knowing all the answers but not being able to finish
6. You must attempt the simple questions first
7. With your familiarity with past questions, you will discover the areas where questions usually come from & you can quickly pick on your areas of strength first
8. Try to sleep early the day before the exam so that you can wake up fresh

ABOVE ALL, PRAY HARD!!! YOU NEED GOD 2 crown your efforts with success
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by texazzpete(m): 9:03am On Mar 02, 2007
ferdimako:

Pretence will kill all of u. How did u feel after reading Igwe's mail. Keep praying as you all bury your heads in the sand. Asking wrongly in prayers. Fake pastors!

Damn straight, son! I have no confidence in his ability to excel in JAMB english. But then again, anything can happen in Nigeria.

My guy, the secret to passing JAMB is to read!
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by ronnieslimz(f): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2007
gbade. x:

JAMB sucks balls angry!!!! more like a liability! God is the only stronghold. don't ever put ya trust in that JAMB.

so much true. . i hate 2 remember my past experience with jamb cry
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by md4real(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2007
THERE IS NO BIG DEAL PASSING JAMB! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS READ WIDE.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2007
Find a JAMB syllabus, read, read, read and read!!!!!! I used to read at least 12 hrs a day then for more than 8 weeks.
Make sure u cover ur ababio, nelkon, and biology textbook back to back at least 2ce.

MOST OF ALL, learn to work under pressure, speed is vital! Read past questions so u can learn how to answer questions that sometimes do not require so much thinking.
Do not panic, work hard, be fast and PRAY!
I answered only 22 questions out of 50 in the physics section (i never learned how to work that section as fast as possible). It probably cost me a place in my first choice university!
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Icon(m): 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2007
Get a collection of past question papers for the exams you want to write. After you are done with the sylabus, start practising with this. Do it under exam conditions. I remember I practised about 12 years of past questions under exam conditions. Your success will be guranteed if you do that. Good Luck
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Blow(m): 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2007
This is my 10kobo
1. Realise that UME is not do or die
2. Make a Time-Table for yourself
3. Get the Jamb Syllabus for each subject
3. Get past questions( especially the most recent) for each subject.
4. Get the right Textbook for each subject
5. Study smartly using the the past questions with the textbook and syllabus.
6. Join tutorial groups or friends that are taking same subjects with you.
7. If you can afford it find a JAMB coaching class(many are in Lagos)
8. Use only the past questions when its 2 weeks to the exam.
9. Even if you are not able to cover syllabus, don't panic,
approach the exam center with confidence.
10. Attempt all the questions that you can answer.
Do your best and leave the rest
Most Important :PRAY! while preparing and after exam.
---
Best
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Ayd: 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2007
just read
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by justme3(m): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2007
i think one has to read for jamb but don't be a fool on that day if any chips comes up and u sre sure its correct pls use it man cos if u do stuff yourself u might not get up to the cut-off and ppl who use it will make d cut-off.Also pray hard.Good luck man.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by kassim2(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2007
well,i will just advice you to concentrate more on ur studies this few days to the exam.ve focus,prepare very well and no what u doing.i bet u,u will do very well.but pray 4 support from God.hard work is very necessary.i wish u success.
Re: What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2007
just me:

i think one has to read for jamb but don't be a fool on that day if any chips comes up and u sre sure its correct please use it man because if u do stuff yourself u might not get up to the cut-off and people who use it will make d cut-off.Also pray hard.Good luck man.

this very people will lay the blame of nigeria's problems on "Obasanjo and the PDP".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN / University Of Lagos Dli (distance Learning Institute) Results / 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.