Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. (20615 Views)

Buhari Receives Giant Birthday Card From His Aides (Photos) / Amaechi Crowd Vs GEJ Crowd In PH / Let's Compare Their Track Records! Buhari Vs Ribadu Vs Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
WOW!!! Again with the brainless comparisons. You really want to compare the US's Michelle Obama, and the roles she plays on that scene, with that of Patience Jonathan, and her position as a nobody in our system? WOW!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! Again with the brainless comparisons. You really want to compare the US's Michelle Obama, and the roles she plays on that scene, with that of Patience Jonathan, and her position as a nobody in our system? WOW!

What strategic or pivotal role does Michelle play that Patience doesn't?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Dede1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I had known that a junk of woman such as you would not disappoint.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
D ever sensible junkie, pls can u tell me if d office of d first lady is recognised by d U. S. A's constitution and why she have to pay her aides frm d tax payers wealth?
Again, educate me what her role is.
Pls no insults and name calling, i assume u r civil enough. Thnx
Kobojunkie:

Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

D ever sensible junkie, pls can u tell me if d office of d first lady is recognised by d U. S. A's constitution and why she have to pay her aides frm d tax payers wealth?
Again, educate me what her role is.
Pls no insults and name calling, i assume u r civil enough. Thnx

Again, it does not have to be constitutional. There are reasons why the wife of the President of the US/Any other woman named to the position acts in the manner you see. There are traditions linked to that position that the Nation has come to accept and keep. Nigeria as a country does not have such traditions. And you certainly do not create them overnight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Lady_of_the_United_States

Ignorance is not bliss . . . .  now if anyone of you can show me the equivalence of this in the Nigerian system, as well as a solid reason why we must have what America has when we are less than 12 years into what we call democracy(in essence is it essential we act copy all of America when it comes to our democracy? what about other democracies out there like Indonesia, india etc.), I would be glad to accept that the two(one a 200+ year old democracy with established traditions, with a barely 12 year old democracy with near no established democratic system) can be compared in any way, even in this.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Ignorance is not bliss . . . . now is anyone of you can show me this equivalence of this in the Nigerian system, I would be glad to accept that the two can be compared in some way.
Kobojunkie:

Again, it does not have to be constitutional. There are reasons why the wife of the President of the US/Any other woman named to the position acts in the manner you see. There are traditions linked to that position that the Nation has come to accept and keep. Nigeria as a country does not have such traditions. And you certainly do not create them overnight.

Ignorance is not bliss . . . .  now is anyone of you can show me this equivalence of this in the Nigerian system, I would be glad to accept that the two can be compared in some way.

U are terrible for using wiki as a reliable link. I can go there too and update what i want.
By the way, this is what u asked for:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Nigerian+first+lady&go=Go
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ If you are afraid of the content on Wiki, Wiki provides you with numerous references for you to look up the data, if you doubt the legitimacy of the content. Again, focus on what was displayed and come up with something as sensible for why you compare Nigeria with America.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
Grow up and stop ranting. Y wont u compare Nigeria with US when u guys always use dem as a developed benchmark.

Moreover, i have not even mentioned Patience Jonathan here, d topic reads GEJ and not DPJ
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
Grow up and stop ranting. Y wont u compare Nigeria with US when u guys always use dem as a developed benchmark.

Moreover, i have not even mentioned Patience Jonathan here, d topic reads GEJ and not DPJ
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by bloodless: 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2012
Lol so one of the richest countries in the world(per capita) and strongest country in the world has 22 aides for the first lady, Nigeria one of the poorest countries in the world(per capita) amounting to less than 8% of the US, has 24 aides for it's first lady,

YES THaT MaKES SENSE!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
bloodless:

Lol so one of the richest countries in the world(per capita) and strongest country in the world has 22 aides for the first lady, Nigeria one of the poorest countries in the world(per capita) amounting to less than 8% of the US, has 24 aides for it's first lady,

YES THaT MaKES SENSE!

Nxt time try to read b4 u comment and not dance around in d market.
Is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) ur first lady?

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

^

Even worse! And here I thought that a mistake on your part. So, you created a thread to compare the capacity of the President of a 2 minute old democracy with the ceremonial office of First lady of an over 200 year old democracy, steeped in tradition  WOW!  Are you also going to compare him next with the British Mornarchy?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
Oh! Nigerian democracy is just 2mins old. Why do u complain then wen we r still toddlers learning frm d 200yr democracy country.
See urself!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by manny4life(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

U are terrible for using wiki as a reliable link. I can go there too and update what i want.
By the way, this is what u asked for:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Nigerian+first+lady&go=Go

THANK YOU,

I HATE IT when people quote wiki for me, Wiki that people like me have edited to suit my preference. Thank you for pointing out that Wiki isn't a reliable source, however, their reference links are.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by werepeLeri: 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
When it suits their argument, they compare USA to Nigeria, but when it doesnt, they dont want you to compare the two.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by gists: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2012
WOW, this is sad. O.k compare now. Can US afford 50 aids? In my opinion maybe yes. I really don't know. But we know the U.S gov is not over blotted. Can Nigeria afford 24 aids for the president. Yes definitely, just that they have to keep scamming/ripping us off to pay them. Just like we just experienced with subsidy issue. I have even heard of subsidy removal from electricity. I don't know if this is true, I hear say Chicago alone would have been the third richest in the world if it was a country on its own. Keep on comparing and it should not be hard to see the wastage in this country.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
gists:

Keep on comparing and it should not be hard to see the wastage in this country.

I think the objective is to make it harder for people to see the wastage. The only valid(invalid, depending on how you want to see it) for such silly comparisons is to provide some superficial validation for that which makes no sense to begin with.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ kobo, ur hypocrisy has no limits, you reek of it
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^ Absolutely, according to you, "hypocrisy" means suggesting people make common sense comparisons rather than irrational brain-dead spills such as the one attempted by the @Poster. 

Someone makes to compare the number of aids a President, in an under developed country with over 75% poor has to himself, with the number of aids a first lady, occupying a ceremonial seat steeped in tradition, in a country with over 200 years of democracy and near solid existence, and the first thing that pops to mind there for you is that it is hypocrisy to suggest such a comparison should not be made at all.  I don't blame you!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
U r irredeemable. Tot u were intelligent but with this, ur mental slavery knws no bound.

So u r telling me a first lady(ceremonial as u put it) should have more aides, who r paid with d tax payers money than an elected presiden?
Did u bother to read through d link i posted and see most b4 her had just one aide and u dnt condem her but once its GEJ ur blood gets hot. Gosh!
U xcus Nigeria is poor, and who told u we r poor or even dat poor? I assume d Chadien president that paid 26m dollars for a bride is richer than Nigeria.

Get a life!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
U r irredeemable. Tot u were intelligent but with this ur mental slavery knws no bound.

So u r telling me a first lady(ceremonial as u put it) should have more aides, who r paid with d task payers money than an elected presiden?
Did u bother to read through d link i posted and see most b4 her had just one aide and u dnt condem her but once its GEJ ur blood gets hot. Gosh!
U xcus Nigeria is poor, and who told u we r poor or even dat poor? I assume d Chadien president that paid 26m dollars for a bride is richer than Nigeria.

Get a life!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
Obama is a target, no one cares about GEJ . . .
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by sleekp1: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^ Absolutely, according to you, "hypocrisy" means suggesting people make common sense comparisons rather than irrational brain-dead spills such as the one attempted by the @Poster. 

Someone makes to compare the number of aids a President, in an under developed country with over 75% poor has to himself, with the number of aids a first lady, occupying a ceremonial seat steeped in tradition, in a country with over 200 years of democracy and near solid existence, and the first thing that pops to mind there for you is that it is hypocrisy to suggest such a comparison should not be made at all.  I don't blame you!

You forget GEJ has 160million people to govern and please say who Michelle Obama has to govern. I thought her only role is to look beautiful behind Obama?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
How i wish they could break down the salary and the bribe that they aides of GEJ are on . . .
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Obama is a target, no one cares about GEJ . . .

Care to explain that up there.
Mind u, read those link and see we r talking of aides n not security details. Even @ that Gej is a big target here, ask boko bois.
Also, we r talking about Michelle here and not Barak Obama.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
sleek_p:

You forget GEJ has 160million people to govern and please say who Michelle Obama has to govern. I thought her only role is to look beautiful behind Obama?
^^^ Her role is ceremonial one steeped in tradition, hence the reason she is allowed that budget for aides. Sort of like the budget for fireworks every year in every state, city, even the country etc. Or the money put aside in places like Pennsylvania for celebrating the emergence of Punxsutawney Phil each year. That is not in anyway to be compared to what we should expect from our elected leaders. Note that she does not herself get paid, but she can have aids to help her in that ceremonial role she occupies, or any other person occupies.

It would have made slightly more sense if the poster had attempted to compare the #of aides the president of Nigeria has to the # the US president has, Or the number of aides the First lady of Nigeria has to th # of aides the First Lady of the US has.Then all we would have had to do then was to tell him straight up that he is silly for such. But comparing the President of Nigeria to the First Lady of the US, who holds no elected seat but has a label associated with about 200 years of tradition, that is beyond ludicrous.

If this does not help you, I refuse to give any more hints.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Fhemmmy: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
sleek_p:

And is he really governing any at all?
I guess that explain why he has achieved nothing since he has been in power, i mean NOTHING
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Care to explain that up there.
Mind u, read those link and see we r talking of aides n not security details. Even @ that Gej is a big target here, ask boko bois.
Also, we r talking about Michelle here and not Barak Obama.

Michelle Obama is the First lady of a president that is busy working and making things happen, while GEJ is like nobody, a figure head that has no clue on how to run a nation . . . Tell me his achievement since assuming power, just one.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by GAR3TH(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
Not really sure why you are Comparing Michelle obama to GEJ on this issue. Fact remains that the USA political system is more advance and has more pressure than Nigeria. Can you compare this to this. For god sake we are still promising and debating of the simple building of common road, while the Americans are debating about the real issues. Like I said, Nigeria's current political climate is not worthy of any aides at all, what so hard about building the basic foundations of a country. When we get pass introduction to government class 101 then we can start appointing aides to advise us.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Fhemmmy: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
GAR3TH:

Not really sure why you are Comparing Michelle obama to GEJ on this issue. Fact remains that the USA political system is more advance and has more pressure than Nigeria. When we get pass introduction to government class 101 then we can start appointing aides to advise us.

You could say that again . . .
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by aljharem(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2012
Hmmm funkymallam, I see your comparison but these are things you need to consider

1. The average senator in Nigeria is collecting more money than Obama.

2. Mrs Obama is technically much more busy. Not to down grade Nigeria or anything but her presence in another country is more important and GEJ in that same country.

3. Also she is a role model not only to women in America but all over the world because America is one of the most diverse country in the world, America is a world power both economically and militarily.  

4. We need to be critical here, the money her country has is much more than Nigeria thus there is no bases of comparison.

5. The money spent in the USA government is well managed unlike the current admistration that spends money on 13 million dollar just on Gold. The period Clinton bought 4 tommy hilfiger suits, he was queried, can we as Nigerian even ask why GEJ has not told us why the money of the subsidy jumped up and why he removed it when we still are on 2011 budget without people criticizing us. Lets be honest with ourselves things are more transparent there than here and that is why even their senator can take 50 aids and there should be no problem because the life there is far better than the life in Nigeria when the minimum wage is 18,000 naira while in america is 185,000 naira.

There is no bases of comparison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office / Charly Boy And Deji Adeyanju Audio Conversation Leaked By Deji / Malabu: Abacha Family Replies Adoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.