Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? (4912 Views)

The SCAMMING Schemes Of Krixmas Logistics / How to Detect A Scam MLM and HYIP Business Operating in Nigeria / Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by yinkavelli(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
In my quest to find a reasonable means of making a few bucks (legally) online wink, i stumbled upon some tempting sites  shocked that promise this and that upon bringing "down-lines" and paying a relatively tangible sum. ( i cant post site address because its illegal on nairaland.) anyway, i want to ask my fellow exposed and experienced Nairalanders their take on this. your Honest views would be highly appreciated, also en-devour to hint on other internet business ideas too. #bless.  wink smiley
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by franel79(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
No, they all suck at making money for u online because they lack continuity. If it's possible try them out without investing financially. I can teach how to blog.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by yinkavelli(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2012
the one i saw is actually straight forward. they tell u to pay 4k in an oceanic bank account, then confirm the payment on their site, after which you then get people to invest 4k, on every person that pays 4k through you, you'll get 2k and so on and so forth, so if you get 5 people in a week u get2+2+2+2+2=10k which would be payed into ur personal bank account the following Wednesday. those people u get (downlines) would also be payed on eache person they bring. you will also get 5oonaira on each person ur downlines get, i wonder if you understand me.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2012
^^^^Abracadabra!!!
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by sovpounds(m): 6:59am On Feb 01, 2012
Try this link on my signature, you would not have to pay any money at any time so there is no harm in trying.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by yinkavelli(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2012
sovpounds:

Try this link on my signature, you would not have to pay any money at any time so there is no harm in trying.

i tried it, i never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by knowledge4(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2012
I disagree. MLM does not work like any other biz venture.
What is the percentage of those participants who make N2million?
Most MLM businesses are designed to benefit a tiny minority.
The vast majority of participants, over 90 % always lose and quit in frustration because the system was created that way.
In Many MLM businesses, the majority must lose out for a few 5% & below to benefit.
The problem with us Nigerians is that we do not analyze these MLM offers before we jump in.
They are designed to trap the undiscerning who are tricked to believe that they can become rich by little or no effort.
One of the ways to quickly identify a scam or fraudulent MLM is when some investors flaunt their incomes to attract others in.
Most MLMs are Ponzi and Pyramid schemes and these schemes do not work for the majority. These schemes are illegal and fraudulent and often disguised as legitimate.
They benefit only the operators who set it up and a few who were fortunate to join very early.
However, there are a few legitimate mlm businesses. they can easily be identified if you can see through their system of operation.
HYIP schemes are Ponzi schemes and are scams too. Every HYIP investment will collapse though the rate of collapse is usually slow but it will collapse.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by PRD(m): 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Knowledge4, I have a different opinion about MLM.
MLM itself is a way of selling something ideally a product.
@Carfeel, I couldn't have said it better.
Contrary to loosing out, there are some products that are sold, that you make direct profit/income at the point of purchase.
The income of the MLM therefore would only be an addendum and not the major.
The difficulty comes, when you are not selling anything and just looking for people to sign-up for nothing!
I don't understand also how people sell that. And that is the pyramid scheme.
Reach me for more info.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by knowledge4(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
@PRD
I agree that many MLMs have a product but do you know that many MLMs which have products are scam?
Any MLM that focusses on recruitment of persons into the network, and pays commissions or promotes on the basis of the numbers of persons recruited is not a legitimate MLM business to get involved in. Many of the MLMs operating in Nigeria and many of those that have crashed belong to this category.For further details,check www.fakemlmbiz. for details how to detect scam MLMs in Nigeria.
Any MLM which focuses on the sales of its product and recruits sales persons into the network but does not pay any commissions or reward or promotion for recruitment, is a legitimate MLM business to work with.Some of the few genuine MLMs in Nigeria belong to this category.
Those scam MLMs have a product which is a hard sell in Nigeria with very little profit margins so they tell you that the only way to make progress is by recruiting others and this is where the problem lies.It is a well orchestrated scam to rob one of his registration and business kit fees and compel him to quit in frustration and empty handed.Beware of such MLM outfits.For the majority of members,about 95%,it is frustration galore at the end of the day.The problem is that too many nigerians are too gullible,too greedy and undiscerning and cannot sort the wheat from the chaff. They jump blindly into any MLM that makes an offer.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by PRD(m): 10:50pm On Mar 14, 2012
I know that there are many scams with respect to Network Marketing especially in Nigeria.
I am only certain of the one I am currently participating in.
I have tried to explain in details in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/893342/business-opportunity-employed-even-unemployed

I really pay less attention to the network marketing part of the business but do more the selling which brings direct income.
I registered last year and bought the marketing kit with N14,150 and in 3months I have made a net profit of 6times this amount SELLING the products
Whereas I have not made 20% of what I used for the marketing kit. So you would understand why I am not so interested. Besides the direct income is actually in my control, because I collect the money from my customer and get my discount at pick up of the product.
I didn't want to be greedy, so I have registered a business name with the proceed and also subscribed for a website, I have even open a bank account (of course this one is with addition money)to make payment easy for my customers who are basically my colleagues at the office for now.
The truth about it is that, the products are great and I and people that have used it as well can testify and besides, they are very affordable which makes selling very easy!
Reach me for more info if you care.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by Lucy001(f): 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
The only way to make it wen investing in hyip is to work as a syndicate, whereby a group of people like 40 come together and invest like say 50 dollars each........
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by ekpriobong(m): 12:34am On Mar 15, 2012
There's one I know about and they are actually real and sustainable and i don't want to start explaining it here so that i won't get banned. If you are interested to hear, just mail me with the subject: latest online business and i'll send you the info. If you don't like it, pls delete it peacefully. Am not going to send u scam/junk messages. My e-mail address is: sampex2010@gmail.com. Or alternatively, drop ur mail address here and i'll still send it to you.
Re: Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? by Booty4me: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2012
@ekpriobong. Here iz my mail. Franky2system@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

“my Refinery Is 8 Times Bigger Than Victoria Island” – Dangote Boasts See More - / Dollar Inflow For Sale / Money Laundering Act: Cbn Moves Against Non-compliant Banks, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.