Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good (2620 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Corporal Punishment: A Significant Part Of The African Tradition? / Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by greedie1(f): 6:18am On Jan 29, 2012
A fellow needs your help.
She has bin in love wit this guy and they are planning on getting married, infact d families ve met and now wants to fix a date and den d shocker-

his tradition has it dat married women who commit adultery ll run mad! He didnt tell ha all these while cos he was scared to lose ha.

she is in a fix, she loves him alright and isnt planning on bein unfaithful in marriage but she cant seem to come to terms wit d fact dat she ll run mad if she makes d mistake of commiting adultery.

sincere advice seriously needed. What should she do?
Nb, d said custom applies to just women being married into d place. Their men only ve an obligation to treat  their wives well and to never divorce her, meaning that they can commit adultery and go scot free!
Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by itoldu: 6:31am On Jan 29, 2012
she aint married yet so it aint adultery she committed. if she is scared she can't control herself, she should take a deeper look at the nearest mad woman in her environ snd see if it's worth the risk.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by greedie1(f): 7:07am On Jan 29, 2012
@ itoldu, nobody goes into marriage wit d intention of committing adultery. But wt if she makes dat mistake, say 20 yrs into the marriage?

her question, should she go ahead wit the marriage? He is the love of her life and she has never been unfaithful before nor does she intend to be. But she is sacred.
Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by odumchi: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2012
I don't think such a thing should even be considered. Why should she be afraid of committing adultery even before they are married? This hints to the future. Also, local superstition only affects local believers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by greedie1(f): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2012
@odumchi, i which ur last sentence were true,  but der are proven cases of d said consequences. However, i gather that in ur opinion, dat shouldnt deter her. Tnx 4 ur input, u may ve saved a soul. Tnx again
Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by ifyalways(f): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2012
Had a very looong laugh after reading this thread.

She is yet to get into marriage but already bothered about infidelity and its consequences? Inform her also that if she as a married woman, says hi to a man, her left breast would swell up. Lolz
Seriously, who goes about entertaining such thoughts and even believing it? Is she marrying the village chief priest?

1 Like

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by rabzy: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2012
A lot of people have such traditions, my mum's village has it that the woman would lose her children and eventually her life, the Isokos believe the woman would die. But i don't believe that it works in these places, there are no living adulterous women.

If the woman is so scared, its a good thing, it should be a further deterrent for her, why does she think she would make such a mistake, its no mistake when you commit adultery, its often time an act well planned and long in the offing.

1 Like

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by ElvisTruth: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
Why shld she tink of adultrry in marriage. Dey instituted dt cos dey knw its abominable. Cleave to God nd He will give u strengjt

1 Like

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Shytt! My friend from Benue state told me they got something like this in their place.
E be like say their own na death sef. I can't remember now but it was some scary azz consequence.
They also have it in Ogwugwu, Kogi state and people still go ahead to marry in these places.
But, me I wan ask o, how do you strip your self by 'mistake', spread your legs by mistake and allow another man to 'shine' the living daylight outta your kongo by mistake, knowing fully well that you're still a married woman?
Enter magun! Some places, the kongo shiner is not free of punishment o!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Cutehector(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
greedie1:
A fellow needs your help.
She has bin in love wit this guy and they are planning on getting married, infact d families ve met and now wants to fix a date and den d shocker-

his tradition has it dat married women who commit adultery ll run mad! He didnt tell ha all these while cos he was scared to lose ha.

she is in a fix, she loves him alright and isnt planning on bein unfaithful in marriage but she cant seem to come to terms wit d fact dat she ll run mad if she makes d mistake of commiting adultery.

sincere advice seriously needed. What should she do?
Nb, d said custom applies to just women being married into d place. Their men only ve an obligation to treat  their wives well and to never divorce her, meaning that they can commit adultery and go scot free!
lol.. Is she married to d guy now? cheesy
Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Luckysbab: 2:55am On Aug 18, 2023
Cutehector:
lol.. Is she married to d guy now? cheesy

Seconded. Even though it appears it’s likely the OP, not some “friend”.

Surprised to see this “my friend…” started way back on this forum. Used to think it was a recent thing.
Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Cutehector(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
Luckysbab:

Seconded. Even though it appears it’s likely the OP, not some “friend”.

Surprised to see this “my friend…” started way back on this forum. Used to think it was a recent thing.
my brother.. Nigerians will never own up to their own stories grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Luckysbab: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Cutehector:
my brother.. Nigerians will never own up to their own stories grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good by Dancebreaker: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
The OP na comedian.
Adultery by mistake? cheesy cheesy grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Igala People Of Anambra State. The Untold Story / The Song ‘karishika’ Illuminates The Demonization Of Nigerian Women. Here’s Why / Oranmiyan Officially Recognized As First Oba Of Benin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.